How to Flash BIOS on an Asus Motherboard
Questions and answers in the field of it technologies and PC setup
ASUS is the most popular motherboard manufacturer
Asus today is one of the largest manufacturers of motherboards. These cards have gained popularity due to the ability to configure the BIOS, as well as hardware capabilities and competitive prices. In addition, Asus is constantly updating the version for various models, and therefore the question often arises of how to update bios asus. This process is now simplified to the limit.
Initialization and verification of equipment performance
Most of the motherboard BIOS consists of the initialization firmware of the controllers on the motherboard, as well as the devices connected to it, which, in turn, can have controllers with their own BIOS.
Immediately after turning on the power of the computer during the initial boot using the programs written in the BIOS, the computer hardware self-test is performed. POST (power-on self-test).
During POST, the BIOS checks the operation of the controllers on the motherboard, sets the low-level parameters of their operation (for example, the bus frequency and the parameters of the central microprocessor, RAM controller, FSB, AGP, PCI, USB bus controllers). If a failure occurs during POST, the BIOS may provide information to identify the cause of the failure. If it is not possible to display a message on the monitor, the BIOS emits a sound signal through the built-in speaker.
How to update from BIOS?
Asus boards BIOS update is done through a specialized program called Asus EZ Flash 2
Owners of Asus motherboards have the opportunity to update immediately from the BIOS. For this purpose, they provided the utility Asus EZ Flash 2.
It has tools for checking the version of the asus BIOS and the most common file browser, which will allow you to find a file with the new version.
You need to find the update file, which is downloaded from the Asus official website.
When your motherboard has already been found, you must select the “Support” tab. Then on the page the tab “Drivers and Utilities” will open. You need to open it, select your OS and open the BIOS. Then download the new version.
To run the program, you must go into the BIOS. The most commonly used : Delete, F1, F2, F3, F10, F11, F12, Esc. The program is located in the “Tools” tab. The program is already in the BIOS and is being updated with it.
Next, you need to find the update file using the file manager. Then select the update file and let the program do its job. After installing the updated BIOS, the computer will automatically restart.
How to flash BIOS manually?
For Asus boards, there is the usual manual update procedure. For this purpose, it is necessary to download the latest version from the Asus official website. Before you start updating BIOS Asus, you need to accurately determine the model of the board and download the version for it.
You can download the necessary drivers from the page of a specific model. The Asus website requires a version of its operating system to be indicated.
Next, you will need to do the following:
- Make a bootable USB flash drive with MS-DOS.
- Download the bupdater.exe file (on older versions of aflash.exe) and the BIOS update file to it.
- Reboot the computer and boot from the USB flash drive.
- Next, run bupdater.exe with the parameters specified in the instructions. The command line may look like bupdater.exe / i [/ o] [/ pc] [/ g].
- In place, you need to insert the file name of the updated BIOS, a backup of the old BIOS. Allow the program to execute completely.
Welcome to the updated BIOS!
manual on how to manually flash the ASUS board BIOS
EasyFlash is already integrated into BIOS, and it has the following characteristics:
- fast, works directly from BIOS, without additional software;
- simple interface, however, the user must have basic PC knowledge;
BIOS can only be updated to a new version, it is impossible to downgrade it when updating.
The main difference between EasyFlash and Asus EZ Flash is that it is natively integrated in the BIOS.
- When updating the BIOS, there is a risk of a download failure, you must remember to make a backup copy.
- You need to make sure the name of the laptop model is accurate and download the latest BIOS version.
- You need to use the unzipped file, then place the image on the disk in the root directory.
During the entire update process, you need to connect the battery and power supply, avoid accidental keystrokes, mouse clicks or USB connections, as these actions can cause abnormal behavior during the update.
How to update BIOS?
- When the computer is turned off, press the power button. When the Asus logo appears, press the F4 key, the EasyFlash interface appears. Otherwise, press F2 to enter the BIOS, then select the Advanced tab, select Start Easy Flash, then press Enter, the utility interface will appear.
- Using the arrows to select the partition, press the Enter key in order to select the BIOS file in the catalog section.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the drive on which it is located, then to the drive to select a good firmware file, press the enter key.
- When a confirmation pop-up window appears on the screen, you need to confirm the request for firmware using the arrows. To confirm the request, press the Enter key. Easy Flash will check the validity of the BIOS update and begin to update it.
- Next, you need to click OK, so that the utility starts the firmware. Then formatting is performed and a message pops up.
- After this message, Easy Flash automatically checks the installation and turns off.
The BIOS update process does not cause any special problems if you are a little computer savvy. Above were described in detail all the ways of how to do it correctly. Now you just need to decide which method you like best and follow the instructions. Good luck updating!
Thank me, share the link with your friends on social networks: