How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 A501cg Brick
Firmware Asus ZenFon 5
Instructions for flashing the Asus ZenFone 5 smartphone (A500CG, A501CG, A500KL) to the new version of Android, custom firmware in the official way from Asus, or flashing the phone via ADB. Instructions for installing custom CWM / TWRP recovery on Asus ZenFone 5 (A500CG, A501CG, A500KL) as well as obtaining Root rights (super user rights).
Firmware Asus ZenFone 5 (A500CG, A501CG, A500KL)
For owners of firmware below 1_14_40_50, first flash on 1_14_40_50 or WW_1_15_40_20, only then on a new firmware!
The official method of flashing the phone (from ASUS)
On going CN—WW, all data disappears when updating TW—TW, CN—CN, WW—WW data remains.
0. Download the firmware in zip format (you can download the firmware on the official website, select OS: Android. Firmware)
1. Connect the phone to your PC using the USB cable that comes with it and unpack the previously downloaded firmware file, you should get this UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip.secure or zip
2. If the name contains UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-188.8.131.52-user.zip.secure then rename it to UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-184.108.40.206-user.zip, then copy it to the internal memory of the smartphone.
3. Disconnect the phone from the PC and the system itself will see the update. you need to confirm by selecting the update itself and after that the firmware will go.
 If you are trying to flash, but can’t see the firmware, then double-check that everything should be like this: UL-ASUS_T00F-CN-220.127.116.11-user.zip, instead of 18.104.22.168 the version of your firmware
In further updates, nothing needs to be changed in the name.
 When changing from CH. WW or TW. WW firmware, you must change the file name from UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-22.214.171.124-user to UL-ASUS_T00F-CN-126.96.36.199-user
 If the firmware for T00J and T00F is the same, then in the unpacked firmware it is necessary to change the file name from UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-188.8.131.52-user to the version for your device.
 If everything is observed, but does not see the firmware, then restart the smartphone.
Firmware for ASUS ZenFone 5 via ADB
- Download the desired firmware (of. Firmware can be downloaded from the link above), modified (custom) firmware for ASUS Zenfone 5 based on the official. SphinX-V1.0-ZenfoneA501
- Installing drivers for adb (I installed them myself on Windows 8).
- Download ADB from the site http://adbshell.com/do.d-adb-for-windows.html
- Extract from archive (I unpacked in C: / adb)
- We launch the command line with one of the options. Press the WINR keys at the same time and enter “cmd” without quotes, after which you need to go to the folder with ADB. In my case, you need to enter the command “cd C: \ adb” without quotes.
- We go into the folder with ADB, and press the Shift key combination with the right mouse button and select the option “Run the command line from here”
- In the phone settings, enable USB debugging. Go to “Settings. For Developers”, check the box “USB Debugging” and turn on the mode itself (switch on the top right). If there is no “For Developer” item, we go along the path “Settings. Help. Software Information” and click on the build number 5-7 times, a message will appear stating that you have become a developer.
- We return to the console on the PC and enter the command “adb devices”
- We reboot the phone in recovery. “Adb reboot recovery”
- The phone will reboot into recovery mode. If the menu does not appear on the phone screen, click the volume and power buttons.
- We do wipe data / factory reset (delete everything that is not needed by our smartphone). Navigation by volume buttons, OK. power button.
- We extract the firmware from the archive and put it in the adb folder. I was flashing version WW_1_15_40_20. The downloaded archive must be unpacked and renamed. Unpack UL_ASUS_T00F_WW_1_15_40_20_user.zip to the adb folder and rename UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-184.108.40.206-user.zip.secure to fw.zip
- In recovery, select the second item (apply update from ADB) and confirm with the power button.
- In the console, enter “adb sideload fw.zip” and wait for the firmware to load into the phone’s memory. When the download is complete, the phone will begin updating the firmware.
- After the update is completed, select the first item “reboot system now” and press the power button.
- We are happy with the new firmware.
To flash the latest firmware, unzip the downloaded archive into the phone’s memory, turn it off and on again. The system itself will detect updates and offer to flash.
You can install the latest firmware by repeating steps 8-15 using UL_ASUS_T00F_WW_1_16_40_50.zip
How to install custom CWM / TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone 5 (A500CG, A501CG, A500KL)
First of all, we need to download ADB, if you have not done so already, download the link above.
Then you need to download the installation file of the most custom recovery for the phone to your PC, here I offer you a choice (you only need one) zenfone_5_cwm_installer.zip or zenfone_5_twrp_installer.zip
1. Make root any convenient way
2. Install Busybox
3. Turn on USB debugging
4. Rename the file “recovery-from-boot.p” in the system folder to “recovery-from-boot.bak” using any file manager with root access
5. In the same folder, unpack the files from the archive with CWM or TWRP (I installed CWM for myself)
6. We connect Zenfone 5 to the computer, the phone must be turned on, we confirm the request that we trust this computer, if we did not do it before
7. Run the install.bat file in the folder with adb, confirm the request for root access on the device itself
8. After which the phone should reboot with the already installed custom recovery
How to enter custom recovery:
1. Turn off the phone
2. Hold down the power key, until the vibration response
3. Release the power key, hold down the volume down button
How to get ROOT rights to Asus Zenfone 5 (A500CG, A501CG, A500KL)
I want to note right away that the author of the file separately indicated that on devices with a CN version of the firmware this file does not fit! He is not responsible for an accident! There is a separate “.apk” for the CN version.
1. Download the program RootZenfone-1.2r.apk
2. Install it on your smartphone, after checking that in the “Settings”. “Security” was checked “unknown sources” which allows you to install applications on your Asus Zenfone 5 phone from unknown sources.
3. Turn off WiFi. We transfer the device to “flight mode” (in order to exclude any penetration of the device into the Internet when “.apk” is running).
4. Run the installed application. A warning will appear that “. you are at risk. I am not responsible. etc.”. Click “Do not ask” (“leave me alone” in Russian).
5. After that, select the program for assigning root rights (I recommend SuperSU) and press the button below (With the inscription “Come on already! Do the RUT!”)
6. After the demo mode starts. When it comes to the image of the device with the inscription Zenfone 5, quickly press (hold) the power button and select “reboot”.
7. After the reboot, we return to the “Root Zenfone” program and give it root rights (click “provide” in the “SuperSU” question box). Then press the button “After the update, save ROOT” in the program.
This way you will not lose your root rights after the OTA update.
Microsoft and Samsung are silent about the release of an update to Windows 10 Mobile for ATIV series smartphones, which has generated rumors that these devices will not be updated and will forever remain with Windows Phone 8.1. One Reddit forum user shared a rather interesting story related to a smartphone.
Samsung made the curved display Galaxy S6 edge and S6 edge more functional
Samsung has announced an update to Android 6.0.1 for the Galaxy S6 edge and S6 edge, which brings not only a fresh OS, but also more advanced applications for curved displays. Better The Dual Edge faces knew how to work with applications, but these programs were limited to a width of 260 pixels.
Changing the date to January 1, 1970 makes ‘brick’ out of an iOS device
According to reports by many users from different countries, changing the date to January 1, 1970 can make an inoperative “brick” from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9 or higher. A bug in the mobile operating system allows you to turn a device with an A7, A8, A8X, A9 and A9X processor.
Google announced update 1.4 for Android Wear
Google last updated Android Wear in November 2015. Then the clock with a cellular module learned to ring. In the near future, owners of smart watches will receive a larger update of version 1.4 based on Android Marshmallow. Huawei Watch, Asus ZenWatch 2 (49 mm) and LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition.
PrivatBank has integrated a contactless wallet in the new Samsung Galaxy A
In Ukraine, sales of the new line of smartphones Samsung Galaxy A, which includes the Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7, have started. New smartphones differ from previous versions in a combination of modern appearance and advanced technologies, thanks to which users can perform the most complex ones.
Rumors that the Chinese company Meizu plans to release a communicator based on Ubuntu Touch appeared at the beginning of last year. During 2014, the company periodically demonstrates the prototype of the device at exhibitions and in the fall announces that the Meizu MX4 on Ubuntu Touch will be released in December, some say.
Habraobzor Highscreen Explosion or an inexpensive analog of Samsung Galaxy 3
Most of the Android phones I dealt with met a simple requirement. maximum functionality for a minimum of money. Therefore, when the opportunity appeared to feel something like an analog of the Samsung Galaxy S3, at the same time costing only 13 thousand (actually 12990, but these are marketing tricks), I.
Highscreen PP5420 Review
About two weeks ago, they sent me a Highscreen PP5420 communicator for a test. For a long time I was not going to write about him. But then they called me and asked to do it. This is the second Highscreen device that fell into my hands. The first was Zeus. Technical specifications Operating system :: Android OS.
New Fall: Lumia 830 and Lumia 730/735 review
In September this year, we showed the continuation of our new line of smartphones represented by the Lumia 830 vice flagship model, as well as two more affordable models: the Lumia 730 with two SIM cards and the Lumia 735 with 4G support. And already in early October, these devices went on sale in the Russian market. After Moscow.
Smartphone review Highscreen Omega Prime S. a new color every day
The Russian brand Highscreen has in its arsenal a large number of models for every taste and budget, no matter how stereotyped it sounds. The device that we will talk about today refers to the budget segment (7-8 thousand rubles). At the same time, it has a nice thin case (6.9 mm) and a complete set.
Press reviews on the new BlackBerry Priv smartphone: part 2
As we get closer to the day we plan to launch the first secure BlackBerry Android smartphone, the BlackBerry PRIV, people are becoming more and more excited. And why not? This flagship device, equipped with everything necessary for success. is beautiful.
Hello, my name is Murat and I am smartphone dependent. Hello, Murat. Everywhere and at any time I have a smartphone with me. It’s not that my work or personal life depends on his close proximity, but this device greatly facilitates both of these aspects. Today.
Great news for all enthusiasts. owners of Samsung Galaxy smartphones. Today, the network turned out to be the latest firmware Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for this smartphone, and it got by “mistake” as an update “over the air”. Of course, now it is no longer available for official installation, but on the network.
Best custom firmware for Galaxy S6
While we are waiting for the official update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S6, I decided to find the best custom firmware for this gadget in order to pass the time. There are many advantages to using custom software. Firstly, it is clean from “garbage” and improved TouchWiz, and secondly, the best standalone.
How to flash a smart watch LG G Watch R?
Detailed step-by-step instructions for installing custom firmware on the LG G Watch R smart watch using FastBoot. Download the Watch.zip archive, with a set of programs for flashing smart watches LG G Watch R (If you suddenly have Linux, then in the standard repositories there are packages with ADB and Fastboot, Their.
How to flash firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, root and custom firmware?
Instructions for firmware on smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F a new official firmware Android, as well as obtaining Root access on the phone Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. Before starting the firmware phone Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, you must first download the necessary programs and files on your.
How to flash Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
Instructions for flashing the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F smartphone to the new official Android firmware, as well as obtaining Root superuser rights on the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F phone. Before starting flashing the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F phone, you first need to download the programs and files you need to.