How to track your iPhone from an Android phone
When designing the functionality of modern gadgets, Apple specialists focus on keeping user data safe and protecting the device from hacking. Virtually every Apple device has a useful feature that allows you to urgently find a lost or stolen device. What few people know is that you can also track its location from your Android phone.
The easiest and most accessible way to track the location of your favorite iPhone is iCloud. The service allows you not only to save the necessary files, but also to find contacts, mail, calendar data. This is also a search tool for iPhone or iPad. If you go to the site from an Android device, the algorithm is as follows:
- Go to the service iCloud.com from a new browser tab on Android.
- In the additional menu bar click on the image of three dots.
- In the list that opens find the “Full Version” item.
- When the authorization window is displayed in the tab, you will need to enter your Apple ID account credentials.
- The website will redirect you to a page with all the available folders.
- Select the “Find iPhone” icon and launch the application.
- To determine the exact location of your iPhone, click on the “All Devices” tab.
- In the drop-down list, which displays information about all the tethered Apple gadgets, find and mark the desired gadget.
- Literally in 20-30 seconds, an interactive map will appear on the smartphone screen, which will show the device you are looking for.
If the device is on, the Find iPhone function is activated, and the Internet connection is established, the program will show you the exact location of your iPhone. If your smartphone is not available, the map will display its last position.
How to find iPhone through another iPhone
To find your iPhone via iCloud, you don’t have to have a computer at hand. The operation can also be performed on any other Apple smartphone.
You need, as with the previously mentioned search method, go to the iCloud website.com, log in with your Apple ID, click “Find iPhone” and check the location of your gadget on the map.
Among the features that can simplify the search process are also sound playback, turning on the missing mode, and deleting data. You can select any of them if you want.
You can find your iPhone in a similar way not only on an Apple smartphone, but also on any Android.
Can I find my iPhone if it’s turned off?
Tracking a disconnected iPhone is currently not possible; developments in this direction have been underway by Apple for quite some time, but the end result, available to the mass user, is not yet. The only chance for an iPhone owner to find out the last location of the device, recorded when it was still active; the option is available only if the “Last Geo-Position” slider in the “Find iPhone” section, is set to “On”.
How to stay safe from scammers
In an effort to find a lost iPhone, don’t forget about security. Since locked Apple gadgets cannot be hacked (and thus cannot be sold) dishonest people may try to take advantage of the owner of a smartphone in other ways.
If someone you don’t know called you and said that he managed to find an iPhone that belongs to you, or an SMS message was sent to the phone number indicated on the device’s screen saver using the function described in the beginning of the article, be vigilant:
- In case you are simply offered to return a lost gadget, do not agree to a meeting in a deserted place, or at night, or at least do not go alone.
- People who ask you to send them a reward first are definitely scammers, ignore them or you’ll just lose money.
- If you are offered to redeem the gadget at a personal meeting, also choose a crowded place and come with friends, and even better. with law enforcement officers: according to the law, such actions are direct extortion.
- Sometimes it happens that the owner of a lost gadget receives an SMS saying that his device is on, with an offer to go to the site and enter your Apple ID login and password to clarify the information. It’s also a scam. with fake pages that look like the official iCloud portal.com criminals collect personal data of users. If you enter the information. you will lose forever not only the phone but also access to your account.
If you turn on Apple search in advance and test it at home, the question of how to find your lost iPhone, in most cases, will not be a problem for you.
What to do to secure your iPhone
In addition to the need to find the location of the person, there is a need to protect yourself from unintentional surveillance. After all, in this case you can get into danger at the most inopportune moment.
- To begin with we must take into account the main recommendation. do not register on dubious sites where it is proposed to search for the phone. The specified data may well be used against you, and the victim will be your iPhone, not someone else’s device.
- Also it is not necessary to register what would be doubtful resources, where you need to enter your phone number or email address. Before you sign up for an account on a particular site, you should read reviews about it. If the resource is reliable, you can register without any doubts, but only using a long password consisting of characters from different cases. Otherwise, the site should be bypassed.
- Never confirm tracking requests that appear on the screen. If an intruder tries to search, he will always have access to geolocation.
If the iPhone is lost, but it is impossible to trace its location, the surest way is to lock it. Of course, you can contact law enforcement, but most likely they will not take on such a small case in the world. So after the loss, you should go to the iCloud site, log in through your Apple ID and change your password. This way, the person who found the smartphone will not be able to access the files.
In addition, do not forget to put a fingerprint or face scan as a way to unlock. Picture key and digital password. not the most reliable option for protecting the device. If you follow all the suggested requirements, you’ll be able to secure your iPhone.
What has changed
▪️ the Locator home page now has two tabs: Users (friends and family members) and Devices (your gadgets)
▪️ For each friend, there are three functions: view contact, build a route to him or her, and configure notifications
The name of the current geo-location can be set by yourself
The first tab of the app shows the devices of your friends who have agreed to share their geo-positioning.
By selecting a user you can see their exact location. Even the address will be written under the name.
You can share your geo location with other users directly in Latitude
In addition, here you can quickly build a route to a contact, as well as view his card.
Plus set notifications either for yourself or for the person: about leaving the place where you are, or vice versa. show when your friend left, plus share the geo-position at a particular point in time.
Alerts depend on the geo-position of the user and are triggered when the device arrives or departs from a specific location
▪️ In the Devices tab, you can also remotely lock your device
The second tab lists all your devices. The layout of this menu has also changed.
Here you can remotely play a sound, build a route to the device, notify when detected, and mark the gadget as missing. And also erase your device or remove it from the list.
Get an email notification with precise geolocation if your device is found
Note: removal from the Find iPhone list is not accompanied by an additional notification. The device will immediately disappear when you click on this button, but will return after restarting the app.
How to use “Find iPhone”?
Lost iPhone? Don’t worry, if Find iPhone function has been activated on your device you can find your cell phone on the map in a short time using the instructions below:
- If you select Play Sound, your device will beep and an alert window will appear on the screen.
- In the next window, enter the phone number that will be displayed on your iPhone. In many cases, the intruders themselves call and offer to return the device for a reward.
- The setting of the “Disappearing Mode” function is finished, now you need to activate it. Once the feature is enabled, you’ll see an orange caption in the upper left corner of the window.
- Once your iPhone has been found, turn off the “Missing Mode” feature. To do this, click on the “Missing Mode” function, and click on the “Exit Missing Mode” button.
In terms of security, Apple devices are far ahead of Android devices, and the company’s engineers continue to pioneer in this direction. Rumor has it that a project is currently underway that will allow you to calculate the location of your device even when it’s turned off.
But for now, these are medium-term prospects, and for lost iPhones, we advise you to take advantage of the above recommendations and make sure that the “Find iPhone” feature is always on.
As always, a description of your personal experience in the search for a lost or stolen iPhone is welcome. We’re waiting for your Комментарии и мнения владельцев!