One of the advantages of mobile phones running on the Android OS is the ability to make finer settings for various functions available on a particular smartphone model. Naturally, similar features are available for owners of mobile phones from Huawei or Honor.
For this purpose, a special engineering menu is used. In this article, we will figure out why such a functional is generally provided, how to get access to it, what exactly can be done with it. For example, how to increase the sound through the engineering menu of Huawei.
What is this functionality intended for?
First of all, the engineering menus of Huawei and Honor (as well as similar functionality on other mobile phones running on Android OS) are used in the final, pre-sale debugging of equipment at the manufacturing plant.
That is, the health of the gadget, its components, available functionality is checked, testing for errors is performed, and so on.
Naturally, the same capabilities are often used by specialists of various service centers to bring the smartphone to its former functional state.
Some manufacturers of mobile equipment, before releasing their products from the factory, completely remove this very useful tool. This is done so that inexperienced owners do not harm the purchased equipment, thoughtlessly making any changes to its work.
Therefore, before entering the engineering menu of Huawei or Honor, you should think several times. will you do irreparable harm to your gadget?
How to get access?
It is logical that such access cannot be obtained through the standard phone menu. Then how to enter? For this purpose, special commands are used. It is important to note that the manufacturer of a particular brand of mobile equipment can independently change the password:
- First of all, you should try the universal option: ## 3646633 ##;
- If there is no result, then you should enter one of the codes that Huawei usually uses, which also produces Honor smartphones: ## 2846579 ## or ## 2846579159 ##.
There are several important nuances that you should also be aware of:
- You should not even try to copy or use the password by writing it to the phone book. It will not work! Manual entry only. The developers specifically made it so that the user was fully aware of their actions. For example, this is a guarantee that the child does not accidentally go into the engineering menu and do not change the settings;
- Almost always, after entering all the necessary characters, an automatic transition occurs. But some manufacturers made the team work only after additional use of the call button.
Options available in Honor and Huawei engineering menus
Of course, depending on the model of smartphone, some of the options may or may not be present. But there is a standard set that can be found almost always:
- Telephony (Telephony). Used to diagnose the mobile networks with which the device works. You can check and configure the available ranges, network parameters of a particular operator;
- Connectivity The section is designed to assess the functionality of the so-called wireless modules. For example, you can configure features such as Wi-Fi Display;
- Hardware Testing Tools designed to check the status of various modules: a variety of sensors, a smartphone screen, sound speakers, and so on;
- Location Allows you to connect or disconnect the ability to track location using A-GPS;
- Log Debugging The section provides access to the links of special debugging utilities that are used by manufacturers;
- Others. A lot of interesting things were also placed here. For example, in this section you can change the font used in the display on the screen of a mobile phone.
Additionally, there are other functions. For example, you can reconfigure the smartphone’s cameras, change some parameters of the Wi-Fi module, analyze the functionality of the battery and so on.
What is included in the sections described above? In more detail, then the following tools:
- Auto Answer. Activates / deactivates the answering machine when an incoming call. If such a function is present;
- Band Mode. Provides data on available frequencies and those that can be used now. If you deactivate unnecessary options, you can extend the charge time of the used battery;
- CFU Setting. Designed to activate / deactivate telephone call forwarding;
- AT Command Tool Used to work with AT commands;
- Modem Test. Runs various tests to assess the compatibility of certain devices;
- Network Selecting. Provides the ability to select only suitable, relevant mobile communication standards. And turn off all the others, which will also lead to battery saving;
- NetworkInfo Using this section you can evaluate the quality of those services that are provided by your mobile operator;
- GPRS It allows you to change the access settings to the mobile Internet. And also set as active one or another SIM card;
- Mobile data service preferred. Used in areas where the problem is with the Internet connection. Changes the priority in favor of the Internet. It is worthwhile to understand that sometimes, with this setting, some calls may stop coming to the mobile phone at all;
- RF De-sense Test. Allows you to evaluate the quality of communication using a special test;
- SIM ME Lock. Provides access to some parameters of the GSM module, which can be changed manually.
- Bluetooth Access to debugging this technology and changing some parameters;
- CDS Information. It provides a number of important information related to the functionality of wireless-type interfaces;
- FM Receiver Diagnostics of the radio module;
- Wi-fi Tests the Wi-Fi module.
- Audio Here you can set and change the characteristics of the volume level;
- Camera Gives access to camera settings that cannot be changed in normal telephone mode;
- Driving Current Camera. Provides the ability to read current data from special sensors installed in camera circuits. For a normal user, this functionality is most likely not useful;
- CPU Stress Test. Conducting tests of mobile phone processors;
- Deep Idle Setting. Allows you to completely deactivate the ability to switch the phone to sleep mode;
- Sleep Mode Setting. Changes the sleep mode settings;
- Chargebattery The most detailed information about the battery and its charge level;
- Sensor Makes changes to the smartphone’s sensor, which cannot be done in the usual way;
- Multi-touch. Changes the number of points simultaneously pressing the phone screen;
- Location Engineer Mode. The section is intended for a detailed check of the GPS module.
How to adjust the volume using the engineering menu
Decreasing or increasing the speaker volume is really possible with this functionality. To make changes to the default settings, do the following:
- Enter the required code / password to go to the engineering menu;
- Through “Hardware Testing” go to the subsection called “Audio”.
Now you need to pay attention to the following two options:
- The first allows you to adjust the volume for a standard sound speaker phone. It is called “Normal Mode”;
- The second, called “Headset Mode”, provides similar capabilities, only for sound transmitted through plug-in headphones.
- Initially set the “Media” parameter in the “Type” field;
- And in the field “Level”. “Level 0”;
- The volume level itself is set in the “Value” and “Max. Vol. “
The maximum allowable value is 225. When initially set to zero. It is advisable to remember the initially set parameters so that, if necessary, return to them.
Information Alternative. Project Menu
In some phones, the manufacturer decides to abandon the full-fledged engineering mode, believing that the layman has nothing to do with it. Sometimes instead of it, after entering the appropriate password, an alternative appears. Project Menu.
What is the difference? It lies in the fact that the Project Menu is purely informative in nature:
- Battery Charge A section that allows you to get information about the charge level of the used battery, the degree of its heating;
- Network Information Query. Provides information on the SIM card, the country where the smartphone was manufactured;
- Veneer Information. Various information about the version of the OS, other firmware, manufacturers.
However, there are a couple of sections that allow you to perform certain actions:
- Restore Factory. Used to roll back the phone settings to the original, factory settings;
- Software Upgrade. Provides the ability to upgrade the software used;
- Background Settings. You can change the color of the theme used, debug the USB port, if any, change some other characteristics.
In general, if there is no full-fledged engineering mode, then some tools can be obtained with the help of this somewhat truncated version.
Another alternative is engineering codes
Such codes were introduced even in old phones, which did not have the ability to display detailed graphic information on the screen. A clear interface for their use is absolutely not needed.
There are a lot of engineering codes. We decided to provide information about those that are used most often (you can search for others on specialized Internet portals):
- # 06 #. Used in situations where you want to know a valid IMEI address;
- ## 4636 ##. It allows you to get some statistics. About the device itself or its battery;
- ## 7780 ##. Rolls back the OS settings to the original. Similarly, it returns factory settings for applications installed on the phone, Google Play services;
- 27673855 #. After entering this command, the mobile phone will be fully formatted. It is only necessary to use it after having thought everything over and clearly understanding the consequences of such an action;
- ## 34971539 ##. The owner of the phone to get important information related to the functionality of the built-in camera;
- ## 7594 ##. Allows you to make adjustments to the settings of the button mode, which is responsible for turning off and on the mobile phone;
- ## 273283255663282 ##. Lets you go to the backup tool
- Anton. I have a Huawei P20. After six months of use, the sound began to disappear. I answer people, I hear them worse and worse. I cleaned the speaker. Did not help. Thanks to access to the engineering mode, he was able to rectify the situation completely independently, without resorting to the help of paid specialists.
- Regina. I was presented with a friend of Huawei Y5 II. I like the phone, but the camera wasn’t happy from the beginning. Gave a friend. Using this menu, he was able to reconfigure it so that I like everything. So it’s a very useful feature.
- Vladimir I’ve been trying to access this menu from my Honor 7A Pro. But he couldn’t, unfortunately. Well, okay, for sure I won’t screw it up there!
- Igor. I found out a long time ago about such an opportunity. Naturally, I also found out the access code for my Honor 9 lite. I introduce. Don `t come in. I tried five times. But now I found out that you can’t copy. only you need to enter with pens. I tried it now. It turns out that everything works great. Thanks for the information!
- Oleg. I do not know why, but on my Huawei Y3 only the Project Menu is launched. Maybe I use the wrong passwords? It seems I carefully introduce. Or a special version of my gadget.
- Marina. I have a simple Honor 10 lite. But I really like the smartphone. For me personally. the perfect phone, with the right settings. Therefore, I did not even try to change something in it. I know that I will only make everything worse.
- Yaroslav. On Honor 8X comes without any problems. The engineering menu provides a lot of information and opportunities. True, I’m studying everything carefully. Then I will experiment. In fact, you can adjust so that even no additional firmware will be needed.
It is important to understand that the engineering menu is not originally intended for active use by ordinary people. Therefore, if you decide to take advantage of its capabilities, you should think in advance about the likely consequences of the changes made, as well as clearly understand the purpose of a particular action.