How to Enter a Promotional Code in Apple Music
Learn how to set up, use, and change a password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Set a passcode on the device to protect your data. (If the device supports Touch ID technology, you can use a fingerprint instead of the password code. If you use Face ID technology, you can use face recognition instead of the password code.) The device asks for the password code by following these steps.
- Power on or restart
- Unlock by pressing the “Home” button or by swiping up (this can be changed)
- Software update
- Erasing data from a device
- View or change password code settings
- Install iOS or iPadOS configuration profiles
- If you have an iPhone X or newer or an iPad with Face ID, go to the Settings menu “Face ID and password.” On an earlier iPhone model, go to the “Touch ID and Password Code” section. On devices that do not support Touch ID, go to the Settings section “Password”.
- Click on. password code. ”
- Enter the six-digit password code. You can also select Password Code Parameters to use a four-digit numeric password, an arbitrary numeric password, or an arbitrary alphanumeric password.
- Enter the password code again to confirm and activate it.
Change password or password settings
If you have an iPhone X or newer or an iPad with Face ID, go to the Settings menu “Face ID and password.” On an earlier iPhone, go to Settings “Touch ID and password.” On devices that do not support Touch ID, go to the Settings section “Password”.
This section contains various parameters and functions.
- Turn off password: Select this option to disable the password.
- Change password: Enter a new six-digit password. You can also select Password Code Parameters to use a four-digit numeric password, an arbitrary numeric password, or an arbitrary alphanumeric password.
- Password Code Request: if the default value is set, after locking the screen, you need to enter the password to unlock. If you do not need an immediate password code request, change this parameter. (For your safety, you cannot cancel an immediate password code request when using Touch ID or Apple Pay.)
- Lock Screen Access: Use this option to access some features on a locked device, including Today view, Notification Center, Siri, Reply message, Control Center, Wallet and USB accessories.
- Erase Data: if this option is enabled, after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter the password code from the device, all data will be automatically deleted. If this option is disabled, after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter the passcode, you will need to restore the device.
Follow the instructions in this section for assistance with password code settings and alerts, as well as if you have forgotten your password.
A notification appears asking you to change the password code, or you cannot change the password code settings
For configuration profiles and Microsoft Exchange-based email accounts that are often installed on devices owned by organizations or educational institutions, code password rules are sometimes configured in a way that leads to the problems described below.
- Unable to disable passcode.
- The password code settings cannot be changed because they are unavailable, grayed out, or grayed out.
- A notification appears with any requirement regarding the password code. For example, you may receive a message about the need to change the iPhone unlock code within 60 minutes.
Contact your IT administrator for help. If you are not using a configuration profile or Microsoft Exchange account, or if the device is in your personal possession, make sure that it has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
Unable to remember password code
If you enter the wrong password code too many times, the device will be temporarily blocked. Find out what to do if you forget your password or your device is locked. If you forget the restriction password code, see. instructions.