Setting up iCloud on a smartphone
First, you should pick up your smartphone and do the following:
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Scroll through the page with options until you find the “iCloud” item. You need to go here with a tap on the tab.
- In the section that appears, you need to set a selection next to the applications, information from which should be synchronized.
It is possible to transfer even though all the data, but you need to take into account the amount of storage on the cloud.
How to set up sync via iCloud?
iCloud is the name of the original, pre-installed cloud on Apple systems. The cloud is available to all Apple technology owners. Each user is given access to the cloud by his Apple ID. In the free mode of use, you can upload up to 5 GB of data to the service. At the same time, the company periodically holds promotions, during which it expands the storage for free. Still, more often than not, promotions imply a discount on the purchase of additional space. Discount cloud capacity can be expanded up to 1 TB.
Through iCloud, all data from a smartphone (music, photos, videos, etc.) can be synchronized with a PC. To activate the function, you will first have to change several settings of the cloud service. But in the future, it will be easier to transfer files both from a smartphone to a PC, and in the opposite direction.
Using iCloud is the fastest and easiest way to transfer files between devices. During the procedure, the user does not have to set any complex settings. You don’t even need to establish a wired connection. With all the advantages of this method, it has one drawback. the space on the cloud is limited. If you actively use your smartphone, the free space is not enough.
Important! To synchronize, your computer and smartphone must have internet access. When the connection is established, you need to initially set up the smartphone, and then the PC. The methods on Mac OS X and Windows are slightly different, they are both described below.
Sync iPhone with Windows
On Windows, you can similarly set up sync with the iCloud cloud. over, synchronization can be implemented in two ways:
- Through the website com. It is enough to open any browser in the system, follow the link and log in to the site. All files in the web version of the site are available for downloading and uploading, but this will have to be done manually.
- Using the app. The main advantage of this method is that synchronization occurs automatically. Cloud free space tracking is available in the desktop version of iCloud. Directly in the program there is a function of viewing data from downloaded programs. All the necessary data is in the “Storage” section.
Synchronization with PC via Wi-Fi
Most likely, an active user of the function will soon get tired of connecting a smartphone via a cable. There is a way out of this problem. synchronization “over the air”.
- Launch iTunes client on PC.
- To set up the function, you have to connect the devices one last time via cable.
- Click on the image of your own iPhone and go to the “Settings” section.
- Select the “Browse” item.
- Browse the page and find the “Options” section (located at the bottom of the page).
- Set a highlight next to “Sync with this iPhone via WI-FI”.
- Confirm the action with the “Synchronize” button.
- Now you can disconnect your smartphone from your PC. For synchronization to work, you must re-enable it. The required item is located in the “Settings” section on the “General” tab. Here you need to enable the item “WI-FI Synchronization”.
Now you can quickly move data from your computer to your smartphone without connecting it.
Sync with OS X via iCloud
Now you need to continue setting up synchronization, but this time on a computer running OS X. By default, Apple ships the PC with the necessary software.
- Open Apple menu.
- Go to the “System settings” section.
- Click on the “iCloud” item.
- In the window that opens, specify the login information for your account.
As soon as it is possible to complete authorization on the service, access to the shared cloud storage appears. All data from synced programs will be displayed here. Already, files are automatically downloaded to your computer. They can be found in the iCloud Drive section, a built-in item on the left of the File Explorer window. Now you can transfer files in both directions. Any data downloaded to the folder will soon appear on the synced iPhone. You can also use the preinstalled iCloud Drive program.
How to set up syncing via iTunes?
ITunes is often used to connect a smartphone to a computer. The method differs in implementation. both devices are connected via a cable. This means that the method does not impose restrictions on the weight of the transmitted data, as is the case with the cloud. File transfer is done straight from computer to iPhone, not through a third-party service.
The key disadvantage of this method is the ability to synchronize data only from PC to phone. Reverse sync does not work in this case.
- Application and game data;
- Information from a notebook and calendar;
- Photos, music and videos;
- Tutorials obtained with iTunes U;
- Any text files;
- Browser favorites.
Important! iPhone can sync with only one PC and iTunes on it. If you try to connect to another computer, the procedure will end in failure. Data is erased.
- Connect a computer with a smartphone via a cable.
- Install iTunes application on PC (relevant for Windows, OS X already has it).
- Go through the application installation process and launch it.
- After a short time, the application will detect the device. You need to select it in the left menu.
- By switching to the thematic tabs on the left, you can add the corresponding files to your smartphone.
- To display the transferred data in the smartphone’s memory, click on the “Synchronize” button.
How to enable Google contact sync?
How to turn on auto-upload and sync contacts
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap Google Services in your account Synchronize Google Contacts Synchronize contacts on your device Automatically copy and sync contacts from your device.
What is iPhone sync?
Synchronization means adding items from your computer to your device. With iTunes, you can sync your iTunes library, photos, contacts, and other information to your device. Note.
How to sync iPhone over Wi-Fi?
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Browse on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click the Apply button.
How to sync iPhone and iPad with each other?
First, as you know, launch iTunes, and connect your devices. When the device icon appears, click on it. Go to the Options menu. Click on the checkbox ‘Sync with this (iPhone or iPad) via Wi-Fi.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New?
If your current iPhone or iPad is running iOS 12.4 or later, or iPadOS, you can perform a device-to-device migration to transfer data directly from your old device to your new one. This can be done wirelessly or by connecting devices to each other using a cable.
How to sync iPhone with iCloud?
How to sync iPhone with another iPhone?
- Go to “Settings” iCloud “Storage & Copies”.
- Turn on Copy to iCloud.
- Click “Create Copy”.
- Wait for the backup to complete.
Pros and cons of iCloud service
As usual, there are always advantages and disadvantages. The positive aspects of the service include:
- Process automation.
- Receiving new information.
- Inability to transfer multimedia files.
- Wi-Fi only connection.
- Insufficient storage size: 5 GB.
If you want to have a larger volume, you need to subscribe.
Synchronization is not working: possible reasons and how to fix it
Most often, the problem of missing sync is solved by simply restarting the iPhone. If that doesn’t work, the reason is most likely one of the following:
- iTunes isn’t fresh enough. Try to update the program to the latest version. in the iTunes menu, select “Help”. “Updates” and in the window that appears, click “Download iTunes”.
- The synchronization process is blocked by the antivirus. Turn off the protection and dare again. If it’s really about antivirus, think about installing another program, because the iPhone owner has to deal with synchronization all the time.
- The router settings are set incorrectly (when synchronizing via Wi-Fi). Set the security type to WPA-Personal and the encryption type to TKIP (not AES). In the settings of the router, it is worth changing the operating mode of the wireless network (item Wireless Mode) from Auto to B / G.
How to sync iPhone to computer?
The iOS platform on which the iPhone runs is closed, which means that every new Apple smartphone owner will have to forget about how he used to copy music to his Android and start mastering iTunes. Without syncing with iTunes, nowhere: of course, there are other programs that can help fill the iPhone with media content, however, all of them are either paid or cannot boast of correct operation.
How to sync two iPhones with each other
Users of several gadgets at once sometimes solve the problem of pairing two iPhones in order to use files located on different Apple devices. Of course, a reasonable question arises, how to sync iPhone to iPhone.
Notes, Safari, calendar, iCloud Drive, reminders, contacts, photos are transferred through the iCloud service and iTunes programs developed by Yabloko. Let’s consider their capabilities in more detail.
How to sync iPhone to computer over Wi-Fi?
In 2011, after the release of iOS 5.0, it became possible to synchronize without connecting the gadget to a PC with a USB cable. But those users who are already looking forward to saving on accessories should be aware that a cable is still needed for the initial setup. Set up sync like this:
Connect the gadget with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes.
Click on the “Device” button.
In the “Overview” tab, find the “Settings” block, and in the block itself. the “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi” item. Check the box next to this item.
Do not forget to enable synchronization of music (video, sounds) in the corresponding tab.
Click “Sync” and “Done”. Now you can transfer data to your gadget without using a cable.
Now let’s take a look at how to sync over Wi-Fi. Before transferring data in this way, the user must perform a number of preliminary steps:
- Put your smartphone on charge.
- Connect iPhone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch iTunes on PC.
On the device, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi”.
Click “Sync” and you will see that the usual countdown of steps has begun in the status bar in iTunes.
IPhone can also be fully used during Wi-Fi syncing.
Synchronizing a gadget via Wi-Fi has several disadvantages compared to transferring data over a cable: firstly, the battery of the device is discharged much faster, and secondly, the synchronization itself is longer.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes via USB?
If you want to download music or video to iPhone via iTunes, proceed as follows:
Connect the gadget with a PC USB cable and launch iTunes. A window like this will appear:
In the left column in the “Devices” section you will find your gadget (in our case. iPhone SONY, highlighted in red).
Click on the device icon located in the top bar:
You will find yourself in the section dedicated to the connected device.
In the “Overview” tab, scroll down and check the box next to “Sync only checked songs and videos.” Such a “tick” will allow you not to lose the data that was just downloaded to the iPhone during the general synchronization.
It is also recommended to uncheck the box next to “Synchronize automatically if iPhone is connected”, because there is a high risk of losing data written to the device from another PC.
Click “Apply”, then “Synchronize”:
In the upper field (highlighted), you can watch the progress of synchronization. You can also use the gadget during synchronization if the version of the smartphone operating system exceeds 5.0. Upon completion of the procedure, you will see that new songs are already available in the built-in Music application.
Important: Do not unplug the USB cable from the computer or device until the data transfer is complete. The lesser of evils is that synchronization will stop: you can also provoke a malfunction of the gadget.
How to sync iPhone with iCloud. Transferring contacts
A contact list is of great importance to many people, and losing it can lead to serious losses in business and personal relationships. In order to avoid such a risk, it is important to know how to save contacts in iCloud and prevent the loss of entries from the contact book.
Store iCloud contacts
In case of a breakdown or loss of a phone, in addition to material difficulties, a person also loses critical information that is part of his life. These are photographs taken by him, notes, messages from friends and, of course, a list of contacts. You can protect yourself from such troubles by placing information in the cloud. For Apple users, iCloud is the best storage service.
The basis of cloud technology is in storing information not on the device itself, but elsewhere. For the iPhone owner, they are Apple’s servers: he just has to copy his data to them. When accessing the Internet from any device running iOS, the user gets access to his contacts and other information, that is, now it is saved in a safe place.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone
One of the main functions of iCloud is saving information when you lose your smartphone.
If this does happen, here’s how to get your contacts back to iPhone from iCloud:
- in the settings of the new iPhone, go to the iCloud tab;
- activate the Contacts checkbox, and if it is already activated, turn it off and on again. When asked about actions with old data, you should delete them;
- combine iPhone and cloud by pressing the corresponding button;
- make sure the necessary files and documents are moved where needed.
Now how to download contacts from iCloud.
Step-by-step instructions for Mac:
- run iCloud on your computer;
- in the action menu, click on “Select all” to copy all existing contacts;
- click on “Export vCard” to create a vcf file.
It is converted to a CSV file if necessary. There are other ways how to get contacts from Aiklaud.
Transferring contacts to the cloud service
Usually contacts are stored as vCard. this is the standard for most mobile devices and applications.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts to iCloud from an Android phone via a computer:
- Login to Google mail interface.
- Click on the Gmail label and click on the Contacts tab in the menu that appears.
- First click on the item “Advanced”, and then click on “Export”.
- Mark the data for copying, also the format for saving must be selected vCard.
- After clicking the “Export” button, contacts.vcf is created, and then you need to transfer it to iCloud
- Open the Apple iCloud.com cloud storage site in a browser.
- Import and then specify the path to the contacts.vcf file.
It remains to learn how to sync iPhone with iCloud.
Sync iPhone and iCloud
To take full advantage of Apple’s cloud capabilities, you need to understand how to sync contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for this:
- Go to Settings.
- Open iCloud Panel and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Put the “Contacts” engine in an active position.
- Click on “Combine”.
The process is complete, now all contacts are visible to the user via iCloud from any device. If you choose to transfer other information, it will also end up in the cloud.
Let’s figure out how to sync iPhone to iPhone via iCloud. You will need to create a backup copy of the data on one iPhone, and then upload it to another. The execution time of this operation depends on the speed of the Internet connection of both devices.
Sometimes you need to sync your iPhone with your computer via iCloud.
- go to the “System Preferences” in the Apple menu;
- open the iCloud window;
- enter Apple ID;
- mark the data you want to save.
Now you should learn how to turn off iCloud sync on iPhone, if the need arises.
- in the Settings pane on the iPhone, click on your Apple ID;
- scroll down the window and click “Exit”;
- in the tab that appears, enter the password to log into the account;
- click on the “Disable” button;
- set the switches to green for stored data and white for those to be removed.
- click on “Exit”;
- confirm your step-by-step actions.
What you need to sync
Synchronization depends on correct configuration and adherence to some rules. To use such a convenient Viber function, the following conditions must be met:
- Firstly, at least two devices must be used, one of which will be a phone or tablet with a SIM card, the number of which is the account (this is the main device).
- Secondly, the Viber messenger must be installed on two devices, and on the main last version, and on the additional one not lower than 7.3.
- Third, a stable internet connection.
Installing the messenger on your phone and PC
- Write Viber through the search bar, click “Find”.
- Choose the first offer from the presented results. messenger.
- Click “Download”.
- After a few seconds, the application will automatically appear on your phone.
After the application is installed on your smartphone, you need to log in to the system and create your personal account. How it’s done:
- Launch Viber from your phone.
- In the window that opens, click “Continue”.
- Now enter your country and mobile phone number.
- Confirm the specified number via an SMS code that will come as a message to your phone with a SIM card.
- Go to the main menu of the messenger.
This completes the installation and authorization from the phone. Now you need to download the same application, but for a computer, a stationary version. In order not to waste time looking for the installation file, you can download Viber for your computer on our website. By clicking on the button below with your type of computer operating system, you save the software package for installation. Next, you need to do the following:
- Go to the download folder.
- Run the installation file. ViberSetup.exe.
- Confirm the installation by clicking on the button below “Install”.
- Wait for the program to complete the installation.
A desktop version has been developed for computers and laptops, so they are tied to a smartphone as an additional device.
Now, to synchronize Viber, you just have to log in to the system, just like on a smartphone. When you click “Continue”, the screen will display the question “Do you have Viber on your phone?”, Answer “Yes”, then indicate your country and the same mobile phone number as during early registration from a mobile device. A QR code appears on the screen, you take your phone, go to the application and use the “” item to scan with the camera. If the operation is successful, then the two devices are paired and synchronization occurs.
For those who use Viber on iPhones, it is also possible to sync the account with the computer. The instruction is simple:
- Go to Viber from your smartphone.
- Go to the “” section at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, select “Settings”, “Account”.
- Below you will see the item “Computers and Tablets”, go to it.
- Available devices will include a PC.
- Choose “Deactivate”.
Now go to the computer. You open Viber, but due to the fact that you disconnected your PC account from your smartphone, the system will throw you to the authorization page. Register using your phone number (as in the application on a smartphone) and use the QR code to synchronize.
Synchronization on two mobile devices
If you have Viber installed on your smartphone, and you want to use it on your second phone under one mobile SIM card number, then this function is not available and has not yet been recommended by the company. This is due to the fact that there should be one main device with a SIM card to which Viber connects, and desktop versions are installed on a tablet, computer or laptop intended for additional devices. Viber can be installed on the second mobile phone, only under a different phone number.
In addition to the above simple and standard way, there are other options to sync for convenient work in Viber on multiple devices, if you didn’t manage to do this the first time or before that you used the app without syncing.
From the computer
If you installed Viber on your computer and did not pass the synchronization or it did not work for you, then this process can be repeated:
- Go to the program.
- On the left side, click on the “Tools” button.
- Choose “Options”, then “Privacy”.
- Below you will see a section about the account, click “Deactivate”.
- Confirm your action to disconnect the account.
When you confirm deactivation, the application will return you back to authorizing the desktop version on the computer. Next, you will need to follow the same steps as with scanning the QR code, namely, indicate your country, the phone number under which Viber is linked on your smartphone and pair the devices. All that remains is to confirm the synchronization.
Sync contacts with Google
Then you ask: “Is there an alternative?” Of course there is, it is very “beloved” by Google Apple. The platform independent service Gmail is devoid of all these annoyances. Once the settings have been made, you can automatically sync your iPhone contacts without fear for phonebook entries. Except for you, no one will have access to it. And besides, in Google, you can restore your contact list as of any time in the past 30 days.
Create a Google account
First of all, you need to create a Google account. If you don’t have it yet, you can do this by following the link accounts.google.com The account provides access to all services, including the Gmail mail service.
- Log in to Gmail via the context menu.
- Click on the Contacts link below the folder list on any Gmail page.
- This is where your notebook will be stored.
Disadvantages of syncing contacts with iTunes and iCloud
- By giving your account to someone to install programs, you immediately give him access to the phone book, tk. App Store and iCloud login details are the same.
- If you decide to change your iCloud account on your device, you will lose access to your phone book. Your contacts will be downloaded from the new iCloud.
- If you accidentally deleted someone’s contact, then you can restore it only by restoring a backup.
- And if you made a new entry in the phone book, then in order for it to be archived, you need to sync with iTunes.
How to sync iPhone contacts (correct way)
After writing an article on how to transfer contacts from android to iPhone, I was frankly surprised by the results of the survey. It turns out that more than half of users store contacts only on the phone.
Perhaps many do not attach any importance to this, but I will say from experience. Between the second and third recovery of the notebook, the thought comes that I am doing something wrong. There can be a lot of reasons for losing records, from an unsuccessful update or jailbreak to a banal loss of your phone. Therefore, this article is for those who have reached enlightenment.
Apple seemingly provides users with a convenient system for storing their records and phone book. It is tied to the iCloud cloud storage. And here, as they say, all the shortcomings follow from the positive sides. Namely:
Sync Contacts with iPhone
Now we will set up the synchronization of contacts from the iPhone to the created Google account.
- Open the iPhone Settings app.
- Click “Mail, Addresses, Calendars”.
- Open the “Add Account” menu.
- Click on the Google logo.
- Fill in the fields: Name: Enter your name. E-mail: Enter the email address of your Google account. Password: Your account password. (Note, if you have enabled two-step authentication, you must create a password as described here.) Description: Enter the name of the account entries such as “Google Book”.
- Click Next at the top of the screen. And make sure On is selected in the “Contacts” line.
Now contacts from your Google address book will be transferred to your phone. But we have nothing there now. Need to sync iPhone contacts backwards so that everything from the phone is automatically transferred to the Google phone book.
- Return to the “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” tab.
- Scroll down on this tab to the heading Contacts and click “Standard Account”. Click on your Google account.
- Go back to the previous tab. It should be like this:
- Now open the Phone app on the Contacts tab on your iPhone. Synchronization will start automatically.
- All changes made on the phone will almost immediately be displayed in the Google phone book. And vice versa.
Disable iCloud Photo Sync on iPhone
Through the “cloud” storage service, the iPhone shares photos with people at a distance. It is also convenient to browse the “Media Library” from other Apple devices. Photo privacy problems or a situation where, for example, several people use the same iMac computer, require the pairing function to be excluded. For such cases, you will have to turn off iCloud sync on iPhone.
Partial shutdown of “Media Library
To turn off iCloud photos on iPhone, we find the icon of one of the main screens that opens the “Settings” panel (gray gear). Inside the “Settings” click on the “Menu” item with an authorized Apple ID, then go to the iCloud section.
Next, deactivate the “iCloud Music Library” setting. An indication that this has been done will be a gray selector.
When you turn off the Media Library, the following functions will not be available on the iPhone:
- Photos uploaded to the “cloud” and not previously uploaded to the device will disappear.
- New photos from other devices of the same Apple ID will not be downloaded upon update.
What opportunities does “Mediatek” give?
Granting enhanced access rights to iCloud photo albums gives the user a whole platform at their disposal. Here you can share, rate, send photos. Users with advanced rights even upload photos to the shared folder.
The technology is based on “cloud” data storage. Owners of iPhones do not download files to the device, but play them online, downloading from Apple servers.
On the iPhone, this function is a social media news feed: the actions of friends with shared albums are displayed. Here they leave Комментарии и мнения владельцев or put a mark “Like”.
To disconnect iPhone from cloud sync, follow these steps. The reason for disconnection is often the purchase of the phone from the hands or the loss of access to the storage.
- Find the “Settings” menu on the main screen, inside press the iCloud line.
- Go to “Storage Management”.
- Go to the section where you want to disable syncing with iCloud. In our case, you need to go to “Photos” and press the button “Disable and delete”.
Synchronizing photos, music, documents and personal data with backup storage is a useful thing that protects against unwanted data loss in a force majeure situation. This feature allows you not to worry about the content even if you buy a new device. It is recommended that you turn off sync only as a last resort.
When you turn off the Media Library, the following functions will not be available on the iPhone:
Photos uploaded to the “cloud” and not previously uploaded to the device will disappear.
So how to pre-upload to the device so that when the clouds are turned off, the photos do not disappear?
Hello Mikhail! Alternatively, you can connect your phone to a computer or laptop and copy files and photos to your computer hard drive. https://iphonemia.ru/computer/podklyuchenie-k-pk-cherez-USB.html
Will the photos and videos be deleted from iCloud when you turn off? How long will they be stored there?
Sync on Mac
Disabling syncing on a Mac works in much the same way as on an iPhone, so there shouldn’t be any difficulties. To enable or disable certain functions, you need:
- Go to the menu.
- Select “System settings”.
- Go to iCloud.
- Remove or, conversely, put marks on the necessary applications.
Sometimes questions may arise how to do this or that action on the old version of the operating system
In fact, the interface for all versions is almost the same. It’s just that some functions and buttons may be in a different place. The only thing that needs to be done is to take a closer look at the application.
Sync iCloud with another iPhone or computer
IPhone users know that using iCloud, they can sync their smartphone data to the cloud so that they can restore the device later. However, not everyone needs this function and many are interested in the question of how to disable iCloud sync on iPhone.
The fact is that cloud storage gives only a limited amount of space for free and not everyone wants to spend money on it. Some users simply do not have important data on their smartphone and do not need this function.
Sync to iPhone
For new users, the question of how to sync iPhone with iCloud is very relevant. To do this, you must:
- Go to the “Settings” section on the phone.
- Select “iCloud”.
- Move the slider opposite the functions that you want to disable. For example, “Mail” or “Contacts”. That is, if you disable the Contacts application, the backup and synchronization will not contain this data. This is very convenient if you need to save space in the cloud storage.
To completely disable synchronization, click on the “Exit” button at the very bottom of the screen. If you sign out of iCloud on one device, the user will still be logged in on the others. You cannot log out of all devices at the same time.
Important! In the event that the user logs out of iCloud, it will be impossible to create backups. Many people forget about this and lose their data when changing devices. However, the backup can be done using iTunes
It is worth noting that you can turn off synchronization only for certain data, or turn off iCloud completely.
If synchronization is disabled only on the iPhone, then on other devices you can still view the necessary information
Synchronization on Windows
Many users did not know that it is possible to sync an iPhone with a Windows computer, but this is indeed officially available. To configure the application you need:
- Run the program on your computer or laptop.
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to the required applications.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
If the devices do not sync for some reason, then it is worth checking that you are logged in correctly and whether you have access to the Internet. Most often, problems arise for this very reason.
Important! All devices must use the same Apple ID. This is the only way to connect devices to each other.
There is no other way to do this. If one of the devices gives an error, then you should contact Support. In this case, the user must be ready to provide employees with their real data.
After reading this manual, iPhone users shouldn’t have any questions about how to enable or disable iCloud sync. Now they will be able to do this using any device. phone and laptop with Windows and MacOS operating systems.