How To Enable Internet On Samsung Phone
How to turn on the Internet on Samsung: connection, settings and Wi-Fi
Hello! Today I will show you how to enable and configure mobile internet on your Samsung phone. To do this, you must have a SIM card inserted in your smartphone and pay for any of the tariffs that have the Internet. After that, in 99% of cases, you do not need to configure anything, just swipe your finger from top to bottom, open the “Shutter” menu, click on the item “Mobile data” (“Data transfer”).
To test the connection, go to the Samsung Internet browser and enter any query in the search bar. If after this there is no Internet, we will try to configure it manually. Also, do not forget that you can access the Internet using Wi-Fi. I will talk about this at the very end of this article.
- On the main desktop, go to the “Menu”.
- Find and click on the gear icon.
- Go to the section of all wireless communications “Connections”. Not all firmware has this item, if you cannot find it, then skip this step and move on to the next.
- Next, you need to find the section that is related to “Mobile networks”. It may be hidden, so you will need to click on the “” button.
- We go to the subsection “Access points”.
- Adding the configuration.
- Now you need to enter the settings manually depending on your carrier.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select the “Save” button from the drop-down menu.
- Now, just like at the very beginning, you need to turn on the Internet menu and be sure to restart the smartphone. We hold down the main side button and restart the system.
Configuration via SMS
- In order not to enter the settings manually, and also not to look for where this can be done on the phone, you should call your operator on the hotline and ask to send a sheet with the settings in an SMS message. In the upper left corner you will see such an envelope with a gear.
- We open the message through the “Shutter” menu. Or you can find it in the SMS section of the main menu.
- Opening the configuration message.
- Now we set the settings.
- You may be asked to enter a 4-digit PIN-code, try to enter one of the values: 1234, 0000, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444. If the code does not fit, then call the operator again and ask what PIN they set.
- After that, you will see a message that the installation is complete. Open the same “Shutter” menu again and turn on the mobile Internet.
- But it’s too early to rejoice, it’s worth restarting your smartphone. To do this, find the side button and hold it for a few seconds. After that select the option “Restart”.
If you want to organize a Wi-Fi network at home, in the country or in an apartment, then you need to take several steps. They are all described in detail here. If you are connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network, then you need to do the following:
- Open the “Menu”, go to “Settings” and go to the wireless network section. Next, enable this module.
- In some firmwares, this subsection is located in the “Connections”.
- As soon as the module is active, you will see all the nearby wireless networks, select any and connect. When connecting, you will need to enter a password.
- You do not need to enter the password all the time, and it is now easier to turn on the Wi-Fi through the same “Shutter” menu. Just turn on the module, and the smartphone will automatically connect to the network.
Use DeX wirelessly on your Smart TV
With the new Note20 range, you can use DeX wirelessly on most Smart TVs with Miracast, this experience works best on Samsung Smart TVs released in 2019 or later.
To use Wireless DeX, first enter the Screen mirroring mode on your TV. Then, on your Note20 or Note20 Ultra, open the Quick Bar settings and click DeX. Now select the TV you want to stream to.
Wireless DeX to Smart TV. This is a true second screen experience: you can continue to use your phone as a phone while it powers the DeX interface on your TV. It’s perfect for sharing content like PowerPoint presentations or videos, but you can also connect a keyboard and mouse and use the TV as a monitor for productivity.
I. Find Internet Settings
Go to the “Internet / MMS Settings” section and find your country.
Select a telecom operator in this country.
Stay on the page with settings so you can enter them into your phone.
Which DeX adapter is better?
Three available Samsung DeX adapters offer different benefits depending on where and how you use the platform.
The compact and compact DeX HDMI adapter makes it easy to connect your phone to a standard HDMI cable on your monitor. Since there are no additional ports for connecting a USB keyboard and mouse, you will have to use Bluetooth peripherals. For longer DeX work sessions, use wireless charging to recharge the battery.
The DeX cable is SIMilar to a standard HDMI adapter, but is 1.4 meters long and plugs directly into your monitor. This is ideal if you plan to use the DeX mostly in one place and can leave the cable connected to the monitor. It is often used in corporate hot desktop scenarios where users step in, plug their phone into a cable, and get to work.
A full-port DeX multiport adapter provides the ultimate in DeX flexibility. In addition to an HDMI port for connecting an HDMI cable to a monitor, you have a USB 3.0 port for connecting a keyboard or mouse, a Gigabit Ethernet port for wired internet, and a USB-C port for connecting a cable to charge your phone. Like a standard HDMI adapter, the multiport adapter is also compact and easily carried in your .
How to set up wireless Internet using a mobile phone
Most mobile platforms provide tools to set up your phone as a mobile hotspot. This allows you to create a home Wi-Fi network. No matter how old your device is, you can set up a Wi-Fi network from Android, iPhone, and even Windows 10 Mobile.
Just make sure mobile internet is turned on before proceeding.
Access for the current user profile is limited
Connecting to the Internet on modern phones involves fine-tuning the profiles for which access is available. There are some that are preset by operators. But you can always add your own.
The instruction looks like this:
- In the menu, go to the following items: “Settings”. “Network”. “Connections”. “Yes”.
- Next, select the line offering to create a profile.
- Configure the parameters specific to this or that network connection. MMC profile and its dimensions are set separately.
- In the menu, go to the items again: “Settings”. “Network”. “Application profiles”. “Internet”.
- Select a specific profile for the current connection. The main thing is to make sure that the signal is not bad, but powerful.
What do I need to connect my PC to the Internet using a mobile phone?
If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, you can use it to access the Internet on your laptop or desktop PC.
To get started, you need a few things:
- Mobile phone with broadband access.
- Mobile operator offering Internet.
- Data cable or Bluetooth for communication.
- Driver for Bluetooth or telephone modem
- Laptop or desktop.
For this tutorial, I will use:
- A Nokia 3110 Classic Phone
- Nokia PC Suite (containing driver and Internet wizard)
- Reliance GSM SIM card, which is replenished with a monthly unlimited Internet package for PC
- USB data cable and my desktop (which I assembled myself).
I will also show you how to set up a Bluetooth connection later in this guide.
Automatic Internet Configuration (Recommended Method)
If the Internet does not start working after the initial installation of the SIM card, it is recommended to proceed to the following steps:
- Send a request to the operator with a request to send the settings. A message will come from him in the form of an envelope with a gear. This is a common icon used to indicate such messages.
- Open sent text.
- Select the item called “Application: Internet”.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- If you need to enter the PIN code, use the numeric designations 1234 or 0000. If such combinations are not suitable, it is better to call technical support and clarify the data of interest.
- Confirm on the “Yes” button.
- Enable the item “Mobile data”.
- Reboot device.
Note! After that, the communication should work without problems. The instructions on how to set up the Internet on the Samsung Galaxy A5 will be about the same.
Can DeX replace your computer?
Today’s smartphones have enough processing power to handle most workloads, but the limitations of small screens can make it difficult to multitask or make you more productive. Using Samsung DeX with a full-size monitor, keyboard, and mouse removes the need for a laptop or desktop PC for good.
For individuals DeX. A great way to be more flexible. Instead of loading up your laptop to do your work at home, just plug your phone into a monitor and get started right away. You can run up to five applications at the same time and easily complete most tasks without the hassle.
For business owners and IT decision makers, DeX allows you to consolidate your IT investments and device management by using your smartphone as the primary computing device, giving your team access to corporate email and applications. Instantly accessible wherever they are. Instead of having a separate PC for each employee, you can deploy flexible workstations with a DeX cable, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, knowing that users can get in and start working in seconds.
Even businesses that rely on legacy Windows apps that don’t have mobile or web versions should consider DeX as an option. You can use a virtual desktop app like VMware, Citrix, or Amazon WorkSpaces in DeX to access the full Windows desktop.
What about USB and Bluetooth?
From our understanding, using your phone as a Wi-Fi router means using the wireless hotspot function, but this is not the only connection option.
All three platforms we are looking at support connecting your smartphone to your computer via USB or Bluetooth. However, this will limit your options. In short, while Bluetooth can support multiple devices, USB will limit you to one.
The disadvantage of Bluetooth is that it is slow and is best avoided except in emergencies.
So, if you are using your smartphone with only one device, you may prefer to connect via USB or Bluetooth.
Otherwise, rely on the Wi-Fi hotspot function of your smartphone’s home router for multiple connections.