Connecting a smartphone to a PC may be required in different situations. For example, to transfer files, images, install applications, change firmware, etc. Let’s see how to connect Huawei and Honor to a computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
What you need to connect
First of all, you need to install the necessary drivers. Also take care of having a working USB micro cable or with Type-C. The wire is sold complete with a smartphone and is used for charging. Below we will study the connection procedure, driver installation procedure, and synchronization options.
Usually it is not required to install “firewood”, this happens automatically. Windows 10 installs the necessary drivers on its own. But, if the computer refuses to see the phone, then you have to download it yourself. Go to the w3bsit3-dns.com forum or the manufacturer’s official website, find your phone model and download. Installation or upgrade instructions:
- Go to the “Device Manager” on the computer.
- Select the USB Controllers tab.
- Pay attention to the port marked with an exclamation mark. Open it.
- Go to the “Driver” section.
- Select Update.
- Run an automatic search.
What methods of synchronization exist
You can synchronize your smartphone with a computer through applications, online services or a USB cable. The second option is convenient because the user will be able to transfer any files to the PC, being in any place where there is an Internet connection. These services include all cloud storage, for example, Google Drive.
Verified programs for synchronization include:
The best synchronization method is cable connection. The method ensures a stable connection and minimizes the risk of loss of connection. The main thing is a good wire and ports.
How to connect a Huawei and Honor phone to a computer via a USB cable
Today there are 2 programs that allow you to perform the synchronization procedure using USB:
If the first option is standard and is used to connect all smartphones without Hisuite, then the second is designed specifically for Honor and Huawei phones.
First you need to activate a special option in the phone:
- Go to “Settings”. “System”. “About phone”.
- Press “Build Number” several times.
- After the inscription “You are a developer” appears, go back to the “System” tab.
- Go to the “For Developers” section and activate the “USB Debugging” function.
Connect the phone with a cable to the computer, which will automatically launch the Windows Explorer system application.
Select a device. In the next window, go to “Internal memory”.
That’s it, the connection procedure is completed, and you can transfer the necessary files.
If you have any questions or have complaints. let us know
HiSuite is the official synchronization software from Huawei. The program is compatible with all devices of the Chinese manufacturer.
- Go to the official website. www.consumer.huawei.com.
- Select the operating system installed on the PC. Windows or Mac.
- Run the installer.
- Grant the necessary permissions and wait for the utility to download the necessary files.
- Upon completion, you will return to the main page and click “Next”. “Download”. “Start”.
- Connect the phone to the computer and enable the connection by selecting Always sync.
In the future, each time the smartphone is connected, the HiSuite program will be launched.
Connecting to a PC via huawei share via Wi-FI
Having considered how to connect a Huawei and Honor phone to a computer via USB, we will study the method using Wi-Fi. For such a connection, the Huawei Share option is used, which is built into all devices, starting with the EMUI 8.1 shell.
To transfer the required files, you need to enable this function not only on your mobile device, but also on your PC. Go to your phone’s settings and enable the option in the “Device Connection” tab.
Important. both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Instructions for activating the function on the PC:
- Enter the parameters of Windows and in the “Applications”.
- In the left menu, select “Applications and Features.”
- Find “Related Settings.”
- Go to the marked tab.
- Check the box as indicated in the screenshot.
- Launch Explorer and click on “Network”.
- Select the detected smartphone.
How to connect a smartphone as a modem?
- Connect your cellphone via USB.
- Enable mobile data transfer.
- Go to the settings in the tab “Access Point and Modems”.
- Activate the USB modem.
- The PC will connect to the mobile Internet.
Possible problems and solutions
In some situations, the phone may not connect via USB, for example, only charging is in progress or the computer does not see the connected gadget. Make sure that the cable is working, and also check the active synchronization mode. In the settings, specify. “File Transfer” or “Photo”. Additionally, update the drivers.
Also, users complain that when using a mobile phone as a modem, there is no Internet. This criterion depends on the operator, probably it prohibits distributing mobile online in this way and you will have to pay an option for access to the network.
After studying the instructions for connecting the phone to a PC, we will consider common questions from users.
What is HiSuite Daemon?
Hi Suite is a program from the Chinese company Huawei, created to connect the phone to a computer. Application features:
- The main goal is to synchronize tablets and mobile devices with a PC.
- Allows you to make changes to the contact book.
- You can create a backup.
- Create screenshots, and then save them to your PC.
- Easy file transfer of any type.
- View media files.
- Reset to factory settings.
- You can use messages. read or send.
How to display only folders with photos?
If you only need to view images, then when connecting a smartphone, select the type you want. “Photo Transfer”. After that, you can only use images on your computer.