All iPhone phones have a special Airdrop function for transferring files to other users of iOS smartphones. Why it is needed and how to use it is described in this article.
What is Airdrop and why is it needed
Airdrop is a built-in feature for transferring data between iPhone. In just a few seconds, you can transfer almost all files: photos,s, notes, files, contacts, maps, reminders. The function is superior to SMS and email in encryption method.. To transfer data via Airdrop, two conditions are required. The included Bluetooth and WiFi, as well as the phone that receives the files should be no further than 1m.
Ways to enable Aidrop on iPhone
There are two options for enabling the Airdrop function on an iPhone. One of them is used when in a matter of seconds it is necessary to transfer information to another user. Another option takes a little longer.
Step-by-step instructions for activating data transfer via Aidrop on iPhone:
- Open the control point by pulling up from the bottom of the screen.
- Use your finger to grip the window between the WiFi and Bluetooth buttons.
- A window opens with additional features.
- Click on the “Airdrop” button, thereby activating it.
The second way to enable data transfer between iPhone owners:
- Open the phone’s “Settings” in the main menu of the screen.
- Select “General”, find and open “AirDrop”
- Select Access Only for Contacts or Everyone.
What to do if Airdrop is not working
Often, Apple users complain about the unstable operation of Airdrop or the complete lack of response, a frequent occurrence. There is no icon in the control center. Airdrop can also be turned on, but other users will not be able to find you, or vice versa your iPhone does not see users near. There are several solutions to these problems:
If the icon is missing
The most common reason for this “breakdown” is a new phone. When buying an iPhone, the function may simply not be activated. Airdrop can be enabled through the phone settings. There, go to “Basic”, then to “Limitations”. A short list of features that can be activated appears. Opposite Airdrop, activate the special toggle switch by swiping to the right.
After that, check for the icon in the control room. If the function still doesn’t appear, just reboot the device. Airdrop will now work as expected.
Gadgets do not appear on screen
If you need to transfer information from your phone to a computer and vice versa, then first try to restart both devices. If this method does not work, follow the instructions below. A common cause of failures lies in the Bluetooth connection, which is not automatically configured. In this case, you must configure it yourself. To get started, turn on Bluetooth on your Mac and iPhone. On your computer, open the “System Settings”, then go to the Bluetooth section, starting the search for devices within a meter. Find your iPhone and enter the code that will be displayed on your Mac. After that, try transferring files through Airdrop again.
How to transfer photos,s, music via AirDrop on iPhone in iOS?
Almost everything can be transferred via AirDrop, including notes, reminders, contacts:
- On the phone’s main menu, open the “Photos” section.
- Select one or more photos ors.
- In the lower left corner, click on the box with the arrow, this is the “Share” button.
- Next, a page opens for transferring files in various ways. Under the caption: “Touch to share data through AirDrop” select the desired user.
- The user of the other iPhone must agree to the transfer.
The same actions can be done with any files that are on the phone. Open the necessary section with the files and follow the instructions above.
How to transfer a file through AirDrop on Mac? (Photo, music,)
Transferring a file from your phone to your Apple computer is as easy as transferring it from iPhone to iPhone. The phone display must be constantly on during the process.
- Turn on Airdrop on both devices. Open the “Finder” section on your computer, then turn on Wifi and Bluetooth, and then activate Aidrop, which is in the list on the right.
- On the computer, select the file you want to share.
- Right-click on it. Next, select Share via AirDrop.
- Click on the desired user in the list.
How to change the name in AirDrop on iPhone and iPad?
In this function, your name is displayed automatically and corresponds to the name that you have already assigned to the iPhone. But iOS has a special name change function for data transfer. To do this, open the “Settings” of the phone, select “iCloud”, and then in the “Add-ons” section, select “Mail”. Next, change the name in a special line. Please note that the name will change in iCloud mail.
All Apple users today can use the “invisible” data network AirDrop. It is available to almost all fans of the iPhone, iPad and Mac with the latest updates and, perhaps, is one of the most convenient features of Apple technology.