You have a Samsung smartphone and you decide to sell or give it to use? Or is the phone system so clogged that normal optimization does not work? In this case, it is worth resetting to the factory state. What is this, when you need to perform a reset and detailed instructions for resetting the settings on Samsung, we will consider in detail in this material.
What is factory reset
Reset to factory state means a process in which a smartphone returns to its original state, as after leaving the assembly line or immediately after purchase. Installed applications and other user information on the internal drive will be erased. In this article
When should a factory reset be made?
Reset allows you to quickly clear existing data, which is difficult or impossible to do manually. This is convenient when you should prepare the device for sale or transfer to use by another owner. Another reset allows you to cancel irreversible interference in the system, as well as remove unwanted effects. In addition, a full cleanup will speed up the mobile device by deleting many of the resulting temporary files. the cache.
Complete cleaning is an effective way to remove viruses and harmful programs that are not removed by antiviruses. Exception. the virus is in the system application.
How to reset the settings on the Samsung: 2 ways
There are two ways to clean:
- From the recovery menu.
- From the system settings menu.
Reset from the recovery menu is performed before the operating system boots, which is important when the device does not start, or does not allow you to enter the settings.
Cleaning from system settings is easier, so any novice user can handle this. At the same time, you should get to the appropriate section, which requires a working operating system.
Reset instructions from the recovery menu
- Turn off the power of the smartphone.
- Hold the “Volume up”, “Home” and “Power” buttons until the smartphone starts.
- In the list of commands that appears, select the line “wipe data / factory reset”. Use the volume buttons to scroll, and the power button to confirm the action.
- In the next window, go to the line “Yes. delete all user data”.
- After cleaning, click the “reboot system now” line to restart and start the OS.
As a result, you will receive the phone in the same condition as immediately after purchase. All data will be deleted.
Instructions on how to restore the factory settings from the system settings menu
- Go to smartphone settings. parameters.
- Open the backup section and then “Backup and Reset”.
- Mark the item to reset to factory settings.
- Next, confirm the action and enter the PIN code.
- Confirm the action again and wait for the phone to reset.
Use factory reset only when necessary. Do not forget to save important files and exit all accounts beforehand. Otherwise, after loading the smartphone, Google FRP protection is activated, and the smartphone cannot be used until the previous account is entered.
If you have questions or want to offer your way to reset the settings on Samsung, then write in the comments to this article.
Was the article helpful to you?
Rate it. support the project!