How To Display Image From Ipad To Tv
Ways to Connect iPhone to TV
It is possible to transmit information to television wirelessly and wired, using special applications and additional devices and set-top boxes.
Since it is possible to watch from iPhone on TV using several options. Let us dwell in more detail on each of the methods and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Via Chromecast media player
This device is manufactured by Google. It is designed for streaming media content, but unlike Apple TV, it does not have such a set of features. Chromecast is a small gadget, similar to a USB flash drive, which is inserted into the HDMI connector, and transfers from mobile devices via WI-FI.
To transfer images or to watch something from an iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Download the Google Home app (compatible version of the operating system iOS 9.1) or Chromecast to your phone.
- You must have a Google account, an HDMI port on your TV, and a home secure WI-FI network.
- In the software downloaded to the phone, you need to connect to the Chromecast option and to the WI-FI network.
It should be noted that not all Internet resources will be available in this way. Compatible, for example, are Play Movies and Music, YouTube.
In this case, the screen is not duplicated, but simply the phone sends requests, what and how to search, and the content is downloaded from the Internet.
Photo Cast transfers pictures, photos and from the gallery to TV well, but for Full HD quality you need a paid version.
But in general there are still many drawbacks: the connection may be interrupted or data may be transmitted with a delay. And the biggest disadvantage is that there are too few resources from which you can view content.
6 Ways to Watch iPhone on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When the operating system began to appear on TVs, it significantly expanded the list of capabilities of this device. In addition to going online, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it became possible to synchronize TVs with their mobile devices. Now you can view photos from the TV screen and listen to music that is on your smartphone or tablet, which is much more comfortable to do on a large screen.
Consider exactly how you can watch from iPhone on TV.
Using an Apple TV box
Apple TV is a device designed to transfer data to the TV screen from Internet services, iTunes, any Apple devices: players, computers, smartphones and tablets.
Apple TV gives you access to all sorts of things. And audio resources, and if you do not have Smart TV, then it will give it the functionality of such.
This set-top box is a small device that transmits data in streaming mode, that is, does not save it. Can play HD and Full HD without lag and with multi-channel audio.
Connects Apple TV to a TV via HDMI or analog connector.
Airplay is a technology developed by Apple for wireless streaming of media content between devices that are compatible with this technology.
After connecting the Apple TV set-top box, you need to connect all devices to the WI-FI network and enable the AirPlay option on the iPhone.
You can turn on Screen Mirroring on iPhone to mirror your phone screen on TV.
But if you do not have an Apple TV set-top box, and you do not want to purchase it (and its cost is rather big), then the question arises whether it is possible to use AirPlay without an Apple TV device.
There are programs for displaying on a computer screen (at the moment, AirServer and Reflector are considered the best) that can replace Apple TV. And dr.Fone for IOS, which, among other functions, has the ability to repeat the screen of a mobile device on a monitor.
But in order to play content on a TV without an Apple TV, you need to look for alternative ways. In particular, by installing the iMediaShare application, but this already applies to DLNA technology. Although the application may well replace the purchase of the Apple prefix.
In addition, analogues of the Apple TV device appear on the market, for example, the BSPW-100U adapter (universal wireless dongle). It supports AirPlay, but you can broadcast through it not only from iPhone, but also from devices with other operating systems.
Hdmi, or composite connector
Any modern TV has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transfer high quality data at high speed.
It is possible to display images from the iPhone by directly connecting the cable between the phone and the HDMI TV port. At the same time, it is even possible to shows in high quality without delay. And it is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the corresponding connector regardless of the model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
You don’t need to install additional software, but you need to connect the Apple Lightning port (or, for earlier models, 30-pin) and HDMI / VGA. But, accordingly, you need to purchase an Apple AV cable and a Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- Devices are disconnected;
- We connect the cable to the HDMI port on the TV, and the other to the AV adapter;
- We attach the adapter to the iPhone;
- Now you need to turn on both devices;
- After switching on, the desired connection should appear automatically.
Of the shortcomings, it can be noted that a special wire and adapter are needed to connect, fortunately, the market offers many different options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of use in this way.
If you can’t connect to HDMI, you can use the composite connector (otherwise called tulip) and Apple’s Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV has an analog input.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Connect adapter to iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be inserted into the corresponding jack). Vga cable connects audio input separately.
- After connecting the devices, the settings should be loaded automatically. If this does not happen, you will need to perform a manual configuration.
- Switch the TV to the required input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, iPhone is selected as a signal source.
- Now you can turn it on on your phone. Over, on earlier iPhone models, only programs that play media content will be displayed, and in later models, the screen will be duplicated.
This method is only suitable for viewing photos and images, as well ass that are stored in the Files menu on your phone. In this case, the phone will act as a storage disk and there will be no screen mirroring. To connect, just connect the cable from the iPhone to the Lightning connector of the phone and to the USB port on the TV.
Before connecting the device, it is better to disconnect.
How can I withdraw from iPhone in this case and is it possible to watch a movie?
Jailbreak significantly expands the functionality of iPhones, but a device with such plugins is not subject to warranty service and cannot be updated to a new version.
We use HDMI cable
The built-in Digital AV Adapter lets you connect your iPad to your TV using HDMI. Transferring audio files in HD quality is the main advantage of this connection method.
The first iPad, with a built-in adapter, is capable of delivering up to 720p quality; subsequent models from the 2nd to 4th iPad can transmit quality up to 1080p. Although the difference is not particularly visible to the human eye.
Connection via HDMI cable, as in the above situation, Mirror Display technology, it allows you to reflect the image from the iPad to the TV screen. This connection method is used mainly for the fourth iPhone, 4S and iPod Touch. Subsequent models: iPhone 5, iPad 4 use a different Lightning connector. Under it, respectively, you need a different type of adapter Lightning Digital AV Adapter. The technology works the same, but the transmission quality of the latter is much better.
- We connect the Digital adapter to the iPad;
- We connect the HDMI cable to the TV, and then to the adapter;
- Select the correct input (English Input) for HDMI using the remote control;
- To check the result, go to the iPad section and select a photo. If everything was done correctly, then the selected picture should appear on the TV screen.
We use Apple TV and AirPlay
Apple TV is currently the current method of connecting Apple products to a TV. In addition to the main streams from hosting sites like Netflix and YouTube, it becomes possible to play your personal audio and recordings from the iTunes service. And the main advantage of the connection is support for AirPlay. This feature allows you to broadcast various programs directly to your TV.
Figure 1. Apple TV
How to connect iPad to TV via Apple TV? The only way that you can connect your iPad 2 and iPad mini wirelessly. Using this option, you can transfer any music, watch HD-quality movies and run games.
- We connect Apple TV to the TV and turn on the AirPlay service. Go to the Settings menu in the AirPlay subsection;
- See if the iPad and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. This condition must be met;
- By clicking on the Home icon two times, we will bring up the multitasking panel, which we will need next;
Figure 2. Home button
- Our section further controls volume and brightness. After that, click directly on the AirPlay monk itself;
Figure 3. Adjusting brightness and volume
- Your prefix should be displayed on the panel that appears. We select it and turn on the repeat function. In English version Mirroring.
Figure 4. Enabling the Mirroring function
- If all actions were performed correctly, then the screen of your iPad should appear on the TV to which the Apple TV is connected.
The VGA adapter makes it possible to connect the gadget not only to a TV, but also to a computer monitor, projector and other devices capable of transmitting an image with a VGA connector.
Figure 5. Vga adapter
It all depends on the situation: it is preferable to connect the iPad to the TV via an HDMI cable, and to a computer or VGA projector.
For a better perception of information, see:
We use USB
The most popular and easiest way to connect iPad to TV is usb. The peculiarity of the presented method does not matter what kind of TV: an old LG or a new Samsung. The main condition is the presence of a USB port.
The connection procedure is simple:
- We insert one end of usb into the socket on the TV, and the other into the iPad;
- When a new device is found on the screen (depending on the models, the version of the inscriptions may change, but the essence is the same), it means that the iPad was successfully connected to the TV.
How to output image and sound from iPad to TV?
Anyone loves to lie on the couch with an iPad in their hands and watch their favorites, movies or TV shows. But the relatively small monitor of the device does not allow you to fully enjoy this action, so the desire to connect the iPad comes naturally over time, and the question arises: how to connect the iPad to the TV?
- We use USB
- We use Apple TV and AirPlay
- We use HDMI cable
- Using VGA
- Wi-Fi connection
The standard programs available on the gadget do not provide the ability to connect the iPad to the TV via Wi-Fi. The answer to the question: is it possible then to display a picture in this way, there is and it is quite simple (for this you have to download free third-party software):
- The first step is to go to the App Store and download two programs: SamsungSmartTVNow and SamsungSmartViewforiPad. The first allows you to transfer and view files from the gadget, and the second to use the iPad as a control panel.
- It is necessary to connect directly the TV itself and the gadget to the same Wi-Fi network. Then the iPad starts broadcasting the image through the installed programs.
How to Cast iPhone Screen to LG Smart TV
After you connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
1) Download and install the Mirror for LG TV application from the App Store (the cost is 379 rubles).
2) Open the app.
3) Wait for your TV to appear in the list of available ones, and then click on its name.
4) If a window appears on the TV asking if you want to connect the device, using the remote, press Accept / Allow.
5) The application will prompt you to add a screen recording icon to the Control Center and enable access in applications. If you have these settings enabled, you can skip the corresponding steps.
6) Go to Settings → Control Center and enable Access in programs:
7) Then open the Customize Element section. Control and add the Screen Recorder icon.
8) Return to the Mirror for LG TV app and skip all instructions by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen:
9) You will need to enable Notifications so you can see when your device connects to and disconnects from your TV.
10) When you have completed all the steps, the application will redirect you to YouTube to test the function. Find one you want to watch on TV.
11) Then open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon using 3D Touch or just long press.
12) Next, select the Mirror LGTV option and click Start broadcast.
After that, you should see the contents of your device on the TV screen with a slight lag.
How to Display Image from iPhone / iPad to LG or Samsung TV with Smart TV
If you have a Samsung or LG Smart TV, you don’t have to buy an Apple TV or other device to stream your iPhone or iPad to your TV.
The new Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps developed by AirBeamTV BV allow you to stream the contents of your iOS 11 device to your smart TV screen.
In this tutorial we will show you how the Mirror for LG TV app works, but the Mirror for Samsung TV app should work in a similar way.
For the apps to work, your iPhone / iPad and Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If so, then you can start.
What you need to know
Although the application is very convenient, it has its own nuances that are worth knowing about. First, it only supports Smart TVs 2012 and newer. If you are not sure which TV you have, you can check the model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, see which letter is in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
Ue55_e_s8000 = 2012
UE78_H_U8500L = 2014
If you have an LG Smart TV, it will be more difficult to identify the model. The app developers recommend that you install a free trial of the app and check if your TV is compatible with it.
- The device must have iOS 11 or newer.
- Broadcasting occurs with a lag of 1-3 seconds.
- Audio from Safari will not play on TV, only on the device itself.
- You need to start broadcasting only after you open the desired application, since switching between applications will disable it.
- Some applications block broadcasting. These include Netflix.
- Apps are only supported by Samsung and LG Smart TV. No support for other brands.
How to end broadcast
When you want to finish broadcasting, just open Control Center and click on the Screen Recording icon.
A notification will appear at the top of the screen stating that the broadcast has been terminated. The TV will return to its normal state.
Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV can be useful if you have a Smart TV at home.
Mirror for LG TV and Mirror for Samsung TV cost 4.99 each in the App Store. By purchasing any of the apps, you can save money that you would spend on an Apple TV. Plus, you don’t need to hook up an endless number of adapter wires to stream your device to your TV.
Whether you would like to watch YouTube or surf the web on a big screen, these apps will do the job just fine. If you are a gamer or just hate a delay of a couple of seconds, then applications are unlikely to suit you.
How to display image from MacBook screen to TV?
Having been servicing Apple equipment for more than 10 years, we regularly receive many letters and requests from our Clients, as well as from site visitors and members of the VKontakte group. In the vast majority of cases, we manage to provide the necessary information that helps people solve the difficulties that arise when using an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or Mac.
Today we are pleased to present you with a new instruction on how to display images from the MacBook screen on a TV without using wires.
But we decided to write this instruction in an unusual format for our site, which is an imitation of a dialogue between a user and a specialist. For the sake of fairness, we would like to point out that just such a dialogue has actually happened with one of our Clients quite recently. We hope that the article will be useful for you, and the format of the material is convenient.
How to display image from MacBook screen to TV
We hope this article was helpful to you. If you are interested in setting up a computer or repairing Apple equipment, you can always count on the help of our service center specialists. Tell us about your problem and we will be happy to solve it! Need to customize your MacBook? Not a problem! Come visit and we will help you.
# 1 What it takes to connect iPad Pro to a large screen?
The essence of the fable is that the large screen is connected to the iPad Pro in a slightly different way. If the old iPad needed an HDMI adapter (30-pin or Lightning) for this, then the new one will no longer work. Requires a USB-C adapter. You will, of course, have to spend money, but USB-C allows you to connect the tablet to monitors / TVs that support resolutions up to 5K, and get an image of the appropriate quality. That, you see, in itself is a good compensation for additional expenses.
True, this also has a number of nuances. First, the iPad Pro does NOT directly support Thunderbolt 3 displays, although the connector itself looks the same as USB-C. Secondly, the iPad Pro works with external screens via DisplayPort, but a 5K picture can only be transmitted through a special cable. Apple recommends using Belkin’s USB-C-to-USB-C cable or proprietary Thunderbolt 3 USB-C for this.
And thirdly, you must also look at the characteristics of that monitor / TV. Since even models from the same manufacturer are packaged differently, the new iPad Pro will not work the same with them either. For example, LG UltraFine 4K series monitors support USB-C connection and iPad Pro 2018 functions perfectly with them without additional adapters. Lg’s UltraFine 5K monitors only have Thunderbolt 3, so they don’t work with iPad Pro.
In general, if the monitor / TV supports a USB-C-to-USB-C connection, then it can be connected directly to the iPad Pro, for which, most likely, the supplied cable will be enough. If the monitor does not support this type of connection, then it can be connected to the tablet via an adapter (USB-C-to-HDMI, USB-C-to-DisplayPort, etc.).
We also add that during operation, the iPad Pro 2018 can also be charged from the USB-C port of the monitor. But this does not work with all models. And if you need it to work, then for this you also need a separate adapter called USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (manufactured by Apple).
How to display a picture from iPad Pro 2018 to an external monitor / TV?
The iPad Pro 2018, as you know, not only the Home button is not provided by the design, but instead of the old proprietary Lightning port, it now has a new USB-C, through which you can connect various accessories to the tablet and display the picture on external screens.
# 2 iPad Pro 2018 Apps on the Big Screen
As practice shows, after connecting the tablet to an external large screen, you just get an iPad Pro screen, but, of course, much larger. Simply put, everything is displayed on the external screen as on the tablet screen. But some applications allow you to go a little further and slightly improve the picture.
In iMovie, for example, you can choose between two modes for displaying the editor menu on an external monitor. The application on the external screen displays photos on a black background, and if you start the, it will be played only on the big screen. And in Lightroom, you can separately choose what and where the tablet will show.
# 3 how to display a picture from iPad Pro 2018 to an external screen?
- Connect the tablet to the monitor / TV;
- Go to Settings;
- Tap Screen and brightness;
- In the menu we just find and tap on the model name of the external monitor / TV;
- Further, after the tablet has started to transfer the image to the external screen, you can adjust the brightness and display mode.
Smart set-top box AppleTV
In case the TV does not have AirPlay support, or it does not have smart functions to pair it with an iPhone, an AppleTV set-top box is required. It is equipped with its own processor, memory, Wi-Fi module and OS. They allow you to use the TV to which it is connected as a SmartTV.
To connect a mobile phone to TV via AppleTV, follow these steps.
- The set-top box and smartphone connect to the same wireless network.
- In the AppleTV settings, you need to open the device item and find the device with which you want to connect.
- In the appeared pairing window, you must give consent.
- A window with a code will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered on the iPhone. If in the future such a connection will be carried out often, then the password request can be disabled on the STB settings.
After establishing a connection, you can check its performance by running it on a smartphone, it should be automatically duplicated on TV.
Connection via other set-top boxes
As mentioned above, you don’t have to choose an expensive AppleTV to equip your TV with smart features. There are other set-top boxes that also allow you to connect your iPhone to any TV.
Ways to connect Iphone to TV
Synchronization of these devices for broadcasting and transmission of images using a cable is possible in the following ways.
- Via HDMI cable or composite connector. If the TV does not have the ability to connect to a wireless network, this is the most budgetary option for how to transfer media content.
- Using proprietary AirPlay technology.
- Via an optional Apple TV set-top box. Thanks to this device, even the simplest modern TV without Smart TV can be turned into a powerful multimedia center. Of course, purchasing such a media player just for the purpose of broadcasting from iphone to TV is not rational. If the user’s goal is not only to connect a gadget, but also to equip his TV with other useful functions, it is worth thinking about such TV equipment. The choice here is not limited only to apple technology: Smart TV consoles are offered by many manufacturers.
- Via wireless DLNA connections. If the TV has the function of connecting via WI-FI, then the synchronization issue can be solved without additional equipment. It will be enough to install a free application on your gadget and connect to TV.
- Via Chromecast device. This is a small digital media player from Google. Using it, you can also connect the iPad to the TV.
Rokutv is modest in size and connects via HDMI. The latest models have 4K support, and the ease of setup makes the device popular with users. Minus bad interface russification.
For switching, the iPhone and the set-top box are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Smartbox will automatically detect all devices within sight, select the one you need and perform pairing. The automatic display of the picture from the iPhone on the TV starts.
Amazon consoles were not very common in the Russian market, but after the release of devices with a Russified interface, the situation began to change. The FireTV is connected to the TV via HDMI output. Next, the power source (used connector) is selected on the TV, and the set-top box is configured. This is a standard and simple procedure, you just need to follow the steps that appear on the screen.
To connect an Apple smartphone to a TV via FireTV, all devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Further, in the settings of the STB in the Devices item, scanning is enabled. In the list that appears, you need to select the required gadget. After pairing, you can use it as external memory, or simply duplicate a picture from it. Amazon console hardware allows you to stream online in high quality without lag.
Wireless connection via DLNA
The image from the iphone,s from Youtube, music played can be transmitted to the TV via the wireless WI-FI network. You can even play games through a newfangled device on a large TV screen. The process is controlled from the phone, and all actions are duplicated on the TV.
Of course, this method of transmitting multimedia content is considered one of the simplest, since the whole process consists in pressing several buttons on the gadget display. But apart from the mobile device, the TV must also meet certain characteristics. In the absence of the possibility of connecting the TV panel to a wireless network, you will need to resort to additional equipment or special adapters.
To create a home network using DLNA technology, 2 conditions must be met.
- The main thing is that the TV you plan to play on is equipped with support for working with a WI-FI connection.
- Also, the phone and TV equipment must be connected to the same router.
If the above conditions are met, you can start installing additional applications for work, they can be downloaded for free in the App Store. Wireless networking software helps you transfer data from your phone to your TV. You can choose from several popular utilities: TV Assist, ImediaShare, Flipps, iMediaShare, Belkin MediaPlay. Of course, using the free versions, the user will have to watch constantly flashing ads, which will have to be closed. However, compared with all the advantages, this is an insignificant disadvantage.
After installing additional software, you need to make a simple setup. After launching the application, in the appropriate paragraph, select the tab with devices connected to the network and mark your TV. As a rule, the TV brand or model name is always displayed.
To synchronize devices, you must also allow access from a mobile gadget through the TV interface. Now you can turn it on on an iPhone and broadcast it on the big screen.
Such applications also have additional features. For example, they turn a gadget into a remote control (this will help in case your TV remote does not work). In TV Assist, paint enthusiasts can experiment with the Paint tab. Drawing on the phone, the image also appears on the TV screen.http://sovetexpert.ru/kak-podklyuchit-ipad-k-televizoru.html