How to Disable Xiaomi Redmi 5 Second Space
The second space on Xiaomi smartphone: how to set up
Every day, modern gadgets are equipped with new options and features. Different brands are developing in different areas and offer relevant innovations. This time, the manufacturer Xiaomi pleased with a function such as Second Space or the second space, presented in 2016. What is it, what is it for and how to use it. we will talk about this further.
Xiaomi’s second space: what is it
The second space in other words can be called the second desktop or account. Second space. This is literally additional space for which a separate account can be created.
There you can install any programs, applications, install the necessary settings for the operating system, and also place and store personal files. In general, to do everything the same as in the “first space”. By the way, the second desktop can also be limited to any kind of password.
The main feature of this function is that in the second account the files are not copied completely, the phone simply provides access to them. That is, no programs will be duplicated, and, thanks to this, the memory is not doubled.
- Two people use the gadget. Accordingly, one person is given one space, another. another. Situations with children are often cited as an example when they don’t have their own smartphones yet, and they ask to play online games. In this case, you can connect additional space and install game programs there so that they do not interfere with you on the main desktop, or so that the child does not delete the necessary data.
- Differentiate a smartphone into areas. There are also people who use one space for work: work programs, files, etc., and the second. for recreation, entertainment, storage of films and music. A convenient way not to be distracted when working on extraneous things, and not to forget about work when resting.
- Protect files from prying eyes. Suppose you need some data to be stored on the phone, but you cannot do this because someone can see it. Then it is recommended to place them on the second desktop and limit them with a password.
Set up the second space: how to create
It is worth mentioning that such an option is not available on all Xiaomi models, or rather not in all versions of MIUI. For example, on smartphones Xiaomi Redmi 3, Xiaomi Redmi 4 most likely, it is missing, but Xiaomi Redmi 4x is already possible to upgrade to the desired firmware.
We connect one more space:
- Go to “Settings”;
- Find the section “System and device”, and in it the field “Second space / Second user”. go;
- There will be only one button on this page: “Enable second space / Enable second user”. click;
- You will see a window where it says “Switch / Create”;
When you turn on the additional user for the first time, you will have to wait a while, usually from 5 to 10 minutes, until the desktop is configured and organized. Once on the new desktop, you will notice three key shortcuts:
- Configure / Manage
- “Import / Transfer / Data”
Let’s start with the settings:
- Open the “Configure / Manage” shortcut;
- At the bottom there will be a “Start” button. click;
- First, the smartphone will offer you to restrict access to this and the first spaces with a password. set if desired or click “Skip”;
- Next, there will be offers to import photos, folders, and other files. Do it right away, while the phone tells you. Select the desired utilities, data, then click OK.
- At the end, the phone will notify you with the appropriate inscription.
Label “Transition“Provides switching between two records. During the creation of the space, a similar one appears on the first desktop, so you don’t have to look long for how to switch. This, by the way, can be done without even turning on the phone. select the desired account and unlock the device.
And the label “Data»Is responsible for file transfer. If you did not import during the initial setup, go to this program, which is also under the password you set.
How to remove Xiaomi second space
Some users, having created a second desktop, cannot figure out how to disconnect and remove it, although this procedure is as simple as connecting.
How to remove Xiaomi second space:
- Go to the first desktop, removal is only possible from there;
- Go to “Settings” in the tab “Second space / Second user”;
- Find the bin icon in the upper right corner and click;
- The phone will ask you to confirm the selection, click “Delete”;
- Next, you will need to enter the Mi account;
- After removal, you will receive a confirmation notification;
Please note that after the deletion, you will not be able to restore any files or OS settings, therefore, import the necessary ones in advance.
What to do if you forgot the password from the second space
Unfortunately, the password on the phone cannot be restored via email, security question or phone number. Therefore, there is only one way out. to delete this space (then the password will be deleted, and all that was there).
You can try to use special programs that unlock phones, but, as a rule, they do not apply to the second space.