How to Disable Google Assistant on Xiaomi
The phone has long ceased to be a regular means of communication. Today, it combines several devices and functions at once, from a TV to a smart voice assistant. With its help, in just a few touches you can find the necessary information or the answer to the question.
Xiaomi smartphones are running the Android operating system, so Google’s voice assistant is built into them. Such an assistant interferes with some users, so they are interested in how to disable it. Let’s take a look at how to disconnect the Google assistant on the phone from Xiaomi.
What is Google Assistant on Xiaomi
Google Assistant is a voice assistant designed to simplify the use of your phone. All control is carried out through voice commands or text messages. A virtual assistant is able to perform many actions, but the most popular of them are presented below:
- Weather, timer and sport. The assistant can notify you of upcoming precipitation or lower temperatures, set a timer for a certain time, and even answer a question about sports. This is convenient, especially when the phone is at the other end of the room, and there is no desire to follow it.
- Fun and games. Tired of standing in line or traffic jam? Then Google Assistant and in this situation will help pass the time. You can choose from several mini-games that are familiar to everyone since childhood. Note that this is not only thoughtless races, but also intellectual tasks with the definition of the capital of the proposed country.
- Alerts and Reminders. This function is one of the most useful for the average person. In the constant fuss, it’s hard not to forget some important information. Now the upcoming to-do list does not need to be written down in a notebook, but it is enough to inform the virtual assistant about the upcoming event. At the appointed time, the assistant will definitely remind you of the planned event.
- Navigation and nearby places. If you need to go to another city or visit a certain institution, then just tell the assistant the address, and he will choose the most suitable route. You can also find out about nearby attractions, hotels, restaurants and shopping centers.
It is impossible not to mention the possibility of making calls. All that is needed is to give the appropriate command to the virtual assistant. Despite the large number of useful features, for some reason, some users do not like the Google Assistant.
Disabling Google Assistant on Xiaomi
And now let’s go directly to disabling the Google Assistant on the Xiaomi phone. So, first of all, open the browser itself with the voice assistant, and then use the instructions of the step-by-step instruction:
- Go to the “” section, located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Open the “Settings” tab.
- We go to the “Google Assistant” section.
- Go to the “Assistant” sub-item, then scroll down and click on the “Phone” line.
- Disable “Google Assistant” by removing the corresponding checkmark.
After the last step, the voice assistant will be disconnected. However, despite this, a long press on the “Home” button will still open a window with a search bar. To disable this, use the following detailed guide:
- Go to the settings.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Open the tab “Buttons and gestures”.
- Click on the line “Launch Google Assistant.”
- In the menu that appears, select the “No” option.
And what did such an action give? Now, when you click on the “Home” button, the voice assistant will not open. For a complete shutdown, we suggest restricting Google access to the microphone. The step-by-step instructions below will help you do everything right:
- Open the settings.
- We go to the section “Permissions”.
- Go to the “Application Permissions” subcategory.
- Click on the item “Microphone”.
- Next to the application with the name Google, move the slider to the left.
You can also remove the Google search bar from the desktop. To do this, hold it and transfer it to the trash can icon.
Now all the functions of the Google Assistant are disabled, which means that it will no longer bother you.
Summing up, we note that Google Assistant is a voice assistant that allows you to control your smartphone using voice or text commands. The principle of disabling it was discussed in detail above, so there should not be a problem with this. If you decide to enable the virtual assistant, then follow the instructions in reverse.