How To Disable Auto-Rotate On Samsung
How to enable auto-rotate screen on Samsung
Auto-rotate is a handy feature on our devices. Many have been using it for years, and after purchasing a new phone they suddenly find that it is not on the list of available options. Where did it go, and how to enable the auto-rotate screen on your Samsung? We will tell about all this in our material.
- Where is Auto Rotate in Samsung?
- How to enable display rotation on Samsung
- Additional settings for changing the screen orientation
- Features of turning the interface on Samsung early models
- What to do if auto-rotate doesn’t work
Where is Auto Rotate in Samsung?
As you know, the auto-rotate display function appeared on the earliest models of Android phones. Thanks to gyro (gyroscope) the phone can determine the angle of its orientation, and rotate the image on the screen for more convenient viewing by the user.
|Option name on early phones:||What is the name of the function in modern smartphones:|
|Screen rotation||Portrait screen or Auto-rotate|
If you opened the control panel of the phone and did not find the options there, then we advise you to look for the Book screen option there, which is sure to be there.
Let’s take a look at the standard algorithm for rotating the display.
Features of turning the interface on Samsung early models
Earlier Samsung phones allow you to set the screen rotation as follows:
Go to the settings of your smartphone;
- In the list of sections, find the Display section and tap on it;
Additional settings for changing the screen orientation
After enabling screen rotation, do not rush to close the options panel. Tap on the inscription itself Auto-rotate (or Book screen) and you will see additional settings.
The list of options available there will allow you to separately activate the transition to landscape mode on:
- Home screen;
- Lock screen;
- Voice call screen.
Alternatively, you can enable manual screen rotation option by placing the rotation button on the Samsung navigation bar.
To do this, you will need to move the corresponding option lever to the left, and click on Done.
What to do if auto-rotate doesn’t work
In some cases, activating screen flip in a Samsung phone does not do anything at all. You turn the phone, but the image does not change when you rotate the device. Why is this happening?
Usually, the cause of dysfunction is the phone’s gyro sensor, the settings of which are out of order or even higher than normal.
Try the following to resolve the issue:
Open the phone number input application;
- Dial the code # 0 #;
- The engineering menu of your Samsung will open;
- Find the Sensors option there;
- Check if the value of the Gyroscope Sensor field changes;
- The Gyro Selftest function can calibrate this sensor.
If this does not help, we recommend that you have the phone checked by a service center. It is possible that the sensor is physically damaged and needs to be repaired (replaced).
How to enable display rotation on Samsung
To enable auto-rotate screen on Samsung, do the following:
Turn on your phone;
- Swipe the screen from top to bottom. The basic options curtain will open;
How to enable a memory card on a Samsung Android phone
It is not difficult to turn on a SD memory card on any android tablet or phone, more precisely on a Lenovo smartphone, nokia, lg and so on, but here I will focus on samsung j1, j2, a5, j3, duos, and if there are pictures, they will be used with samsung galaxy a3.
When switching on, check if it is inserted correctly. Make sure your phone supports the type (e.G. Microsd, etc.)
Make sure the smartphone supports, for example, 8 GB, 16 GB or 32 GB, otherwise it will not be able to catch it.
If you have android 6.0, then in comparison with previous versions it has undergone significant changes in the use of maps.
Unfortunately, Google has not explained these changes to users, and they are not as simple and straightforward as it seems.
When android 6.0 detects the format of the card, it suggests using it as memory, which practically changes nothing from previous versions.
This is where we lose the ability to move apps to the memory card (this option was reserved only for marshmallow cards formatted as internal memory).
Of course, after getting root rights, a lot can be changed, it’s not easy to do this in android 6.0.
If the SD is used as internal memory, this leads to the loss of access to the built-in memory and the ability to store only programs and their data on it (again, if you have root rights, you can bypass this) and the SD becomes invisible in other devices (because it is encrypted).
Hope this brief description helps you decide what to do with your memory card in Android 6.0.
If the memory card still does not turn on, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with ten reasons and solve this issue.
Saving Files to Samsung Directly to a Memory Card
Judging by the questions in the Samsung, there really is a problem with saving files directly to a memory card via bluetooth and downloading applications.
In this case, we try to do the following. Go to Settings, go to Memory and select Default Memory. Then we indicate where to save. Done!
If there are no such options on your android smartphone, then without root rights it will be difficult to transfer files, and it is impossible to get them in stock firmware (on android 6).
Also, the impossibility of transferring already installed applications to the SD card may work if the developer did not foresee such a situation.
You can solve this problem with Root rights and installing the Link2SD application. Only if you want to get the rights yourself.
I do not want to describe how, because it does not always end successfully. Yes, I did not fully answer the question of how to enable a memory card on a Samsung phone, but this is only due to the fact that there is no built-in method, especially in new versions of android.
I also recommend looking at the instructions on how to properly turn on the memory card in the phone. Success.
The entire device memory of the Samsung Galaxy model GT-S7262 is full and the memory card is empty. How to transfer part of the files from the device memory to the memory card?
Adj. Internet, then to the additional menu-SETTINGS-ADVANCED-STORAGE DEFAULT-MEMORY CARD (idiotic settings to j) If you move something specific MENU-SETTINGS-DISPLAY APPLICATIONS, select the required application and press ON CARD
I did, now everything is clear. Everything and vidos fall on sd! Thanks for the help!)))
How to disable or prohibit application updates on Samsung Android.
Your Samsung smartphone on android constantly updates applications and programs spontaneously and you don’t know how to turn it off in the settings? In this article you will find information on how to disable automatic updating of applications on Samsung and similar smartphones and tablets on the android operating system.
Let’s see how to turn off automatic application updates on Samsung Android. If you do not want to turn on the Internet on your smartphone due to the fact that the programs will immediately start updating and eating up money, then connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. If you do not have the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi network, then you can use Wi-Fi from another phone where there is an unlimited tariff.
To prevent spontaneous updating of programs and applications on Samsung, do the following:
1) The smartphone must be connected to the Internet or connected via Wi-Fi.
2) Open “Pley Market” in applications.
3) Open the menu in the Pley Market in the form of three stripes or something similar, just to get into the menu, you can move the screen from left to right, that is, pull the screen.
4) Find the item “Settings”. If you can’t see the list, maybe it’s below.
5) Select the item “Auto-update applications”. In the window that appears, select “Never”. Or you can select “Only via Wi-Fi”, when you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, the applications will automatically start updating.
How to turn off voice guidance on a Samsung TV
Today we will talk about how to turn off the voice guidance on your Samsung TV. Electronics manufacturers are trying to make home appliances convenient and enjoyable to use. But sometimes it turns out exactly the opposite. Some built-in functions are not only obstructive, unnecessary, but also annoying.
Way to Turn off Parameter Reading Voice on Samsung TV
- Disabling voice guidance through settings on Samsung
- What to do if there is no sound on your Samsung TV
- Is it possible to reset the settings to factory settings on Samsung TV
- Contacting Samsung Technical Support
What to do if there is no sound on your Samsung TV
Users who have just started to get acquainted with Samsung TV may face various problems. If you’ve connected a device but there is no sound on it, try turning it off completely. Wait 5-10 minutes and then turn it back on. Often times, doing this will fix some TV sound problems and more.
If they started after you turned off the voice guidance on the TV, try performing a sound test:
Press the Menu button on the remote control on the TV panel;
- Select the Support button on the left;
Select the Support item Next select the Self-diagnosis item;
Select the Self-test item And click the Run test button.
Click Run Test
A small sign will appear where there will be a request: Change loudspeaker. Tv. You must confirm it and click Yes. Next, another window will appear, where the current volume level will be displayed. You need to make sure the volume matches the indicator level on Samsung.
Samsung TV Sound Test
If there is no sound, check again if you have connected the wires correctly. Users confuse the connectors (RCA), which we also often call bells or tulips. If everything is connected correctly, but there is no sound, contact Samsung support service. Or try a factory reset yourself.
Way to Turn off Parameter Reading Voice on Samsung TV
Those who have purchased a plasma panel from Samsung often ask on the forums how to turn off the monotonous voice of a woman. She constantly comments on all our actions: switching the channel, increasing the volume, turning on the timer and so on. This voice gets boring very quickly.
Over, there is no need for scoring. There are two ways to remove the voice acting on your TV.
Let’s consider a quick way:
Take the Samsung remote control in hand;
- Press and hold the volume button;
Press the volume control button and hold it Select the Voice instructions item in the menu;
Voice guidance on Samsung TV
- Deactivate this option.
Then click the Close button. If the checkbox is on other Description items, clear Subtitles as well. The remote control buttons and their function may vary depending on Samsung TV models. For example, when you hold down the volume button for a long time, nothing happens. In this case, consider the instruction to turn off voice guidance through the settings.
Is it possible to reset the settings to factory settings on Samsung TV
On many TV models, factory reset is performed in the same way as turning off voice prompts. For this you need a remote control.
We take it in hand and carry out the following recommendations:
Press in turn the buttons: INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER. Last power on / off button;
- A small menu will appear on the screen on the left where you need to select the Option item;
- In the next window on Samsung, select Factory Reset.
Press several buttons on the remote in sequence
The TV turns off for a while. Then it will turn on again. Now you need to check if the sound has appeared. And also log into your Samsung account. A factory reset will erase all of your previously made settings and presets in the device. If you have downloaded applications to TV, they will also be removed. If these actions did not lead to the expected result, as well as deactivation of voice prompts, you should contact support. And ask for help.
Disabling voice guidance through settings on Samsung
Settings can be opened using the remote control and buttons on the TV case.
If you cannot turn off the prompts on the TV through the volume button on the remote:
Press the menu button on the remote control;
- Then find and select General;
Select General Next select Accessibility;
Tv special features
- Click on Voice Settings;
- Uncheck the box next to Voice guidance.
In this window there are also settings for voice tone on Samsung and playback speed.
In critical cases, even tricky dances with a tambourine do not help. Then the extreme hard reset option remains. Restoring factory settings (preferably by resetting through recovery) is guaranteed to disable security mode on your Samsung.
The above methods will help you disable Safe Mode on your Samsung gadgets. If you have alternatives please share them in the comments.
Bookmark the Lumpics.Ru website and we will still be useful to you.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
The newest devices from the Korean corporation automatically go into normal mode after reboot. Actually, you don’t even need to reboot the device, but just turn it off, and, after 10-15 seconds, turn it back on. If after rebooting the security mode remains, read on.
Disable security mode on Samsung
Did this article help you? Safe Mode manual shutdown
Some specific variants of Samsung phones and tablets need to manually disable Safe Mode. This is done like this.
Turn off your gadget.
- Turn it on after a few seconds, and when Samsung appears, hold down the Volume Up button and hold it until the device turns on completely.
- The phone (tablet) will boot as usual.
In the vast majority of cases, such manipulations are sufficient. If you still see Safe Mode, read on.
Share the article on social networks:
Installing and enabling mobile Internet on Samsung phones
It is difficult to imagine life without a smartphone, and mobile devices themselves without a stable working network. Setting it up correctly on Samsung gadgets shouldn’t be too difficult. The main thing is to follow a few simple tips to figure out how to turn on the Internet on Samsung.
How to enable 3G or 4G
Connection of the service requires the fulfillment of a number of conditions:
- The smartphone itself supports modern technologies. In the settings section, this item is easy to check. If there is a corresponding line, then everything is in order, if it is not there, it is recommended to update the gadget;
- Location in a region with 4G and 3G coverage. It is better to visit the operator’s official web page. The required address is searched for on the coverage map. This option is especially relevant in the case of 4G;
- The presence of a SIM card that supports 3G and 4G.
If the device has a regular Android operating system without additional shells, the instructions will be as simple as possible.
In the smartphone menu, go to the settings and select .
- Go to the Mobile networks section.
- In the window that opens, select the type of connection that is most suitable for the user at the moment. Interested in an item with 4G or 3G.
Note! Samsung phones differ from the rest in that they have an additional interface.
To turn on the Internet, you need to follow a few simple steps:
In the settings section, select Other networks.
- Go to the menu item Mobile networks.
- Select Network Mode.
- Click on the option required to work specifically on 4G, after which it will be possible to connect to the Internet automatically without rebooting.
Problems can often arise when switching to other modes. But they are also easy to deal with:
How to set up the Internet if your phone has two SIM cards
For each SIM card, you can configure your own Internet. To do this, go to the settings, then to the Connections and Mobile networks section. After that, the user will be able to adjust the following settings:
- Data roaming. Here, enable or disable data transmission in certain cases. Not all Russian operators allow the use of such services throughout the country. Therefore, sometimes it is recommended to disable the option, otherwise the costs for it will greatly increase. The same applies to international roaming, which is recommended to be disabled completely.
- Volte calls. The quality of voice calls improves when this option is enabled. At least when it comes to 4G networks.
- Network mode. In most cases, LTE is preferred. You can choose the default scheme. For calls and the Internet, in many cases, it is allowed to use up to three standards simultaneously. In the case of 2G, the Internet will not work, only calls and SMS are supported here.
- Access points. Usually no changes are required to this point. Internet access point settings are sent and automatically set by the operator. If by mistake the user himself changed something, it is enough to restore the option that was previously the default.
- Network operators. The required cellular connection is selected automatically or manually. Even in international roaming, everything is usually set up without user intervention. But the network can also be selected manually, if the owner of the gadget knows better what indicators are optimal for him, as well as how to turn on the Internet on a Samsung phone.
Enabling and configuring Wi-Fi
Using the shortcut menu is the easiest way to connect to the Network. It is enough to slide your finger across the screen from top to bottom, a menu will appear in which you should find the wi-fi icon and click on the icon. If another icon appears at the top of the screen, it means that the function has successfully turned on.
There is also a second way. You need to go to the settings sections, go to the Connections section and select the Wi-Fi item in it. After a while, an icon will appear next to the clock on the phone, confirming the correct connection.
Note! The device always automatically searches for nearby networks.
It is acceptable to add networks manually, but this method is more suitable for advanced users. To do this, you should understand the following parameters:
- Network name;
- Connection type;
- Ip parameters;
- Proxy if this function is used.
Note! Usually, several encryption options are used FT PSK, WPA / WPA2, WEP. The required information is displayed in the security-related tabs. For the average user, any of the above modes is suitable. You should not choose only WEP, as it is considered an outdated standard. The security of the transmitted data when using it is not guaranteed.
Using a third-party proxy server solves the additional protection issue. Proxy hostname is entered manually if automatic settings do not work for one reason or another.
Manual Internet Configuration
If the automatic method does not work, the problem can be easily corrected by hand. How to set up Internet to Samsung manually:
Request the configuration data from the cellular operator, which is necessary for the Network to work on smartphones and tablets. You need to call the technical support representatives or study the corresponding section on the official website.
- Open device menu.
- Select the item dedicated to settings.
- Find the Connections tab. If there is no such section, go to the next step.
- Then open the item with the name Mobile networks.
- Find Access Point Tab.
- Click on the Add button. Sometimes a function with options is used if there is no other option. To do this, you can select the icon with the image of three buttons on the right.
- A new profile will open, which must be filled out according to the recommendations from the operator.
- Confirm saving the changes made.
- Select created profile.
- Enable Mobile Data.
- Reboot device.
Important! At the end, all options need to be checked for performance.
Mobile Internet on Samsung phones
In any phone, you can adjust the settings regarding:
Note! The parameters must correspond to the cellular operator and the phone itself.
Usually, the Internet starts working immediately after the SIM card is inserted into the device. All parameters are set automatically. Therefore, practically no additional actions on the part of the user are required. He will instantly understand how to connect the Internet on a Samsung phone.