How to Copy Contacts from Samsung to Computer
Backing up numbers from the Samsung Galaxy phonebook to an external drive or PC allows you to avoid the irretrievable loss of personal data in the event of a malfunction of the mobile device, exposure to malware, flashing the system, and in other cases. This procedure does not take much time and can be performed using both the built-in Android tools, and through additional software. Consider how to transfer contacts from Samsung to a personal computer.
Ways to transport contacts from Android to a computer
There are several ways to transfer mobile numbers from a Samsung phone to a PC or laptop:
- through tools integrated into the Android OS;
- manual transfer of the base with contacts;
- through the Google cloud service;
- using specialized software.
Each of the proposed options has its advantages and disadvantages. So, if your device has a stable Internet connection, and the smartphone is tied to your Google account, then the use of the Google virtual disk is considered the best choice. Otherwise, Samsung’s standard functionality or additional software will come to the rescue.
Transfer your phone book using standard Android features
For all mobile phones running Android OS, the Contacts application is standard. It is in his settings that there is a tool that allows you to record backup phone numbers in the external or internal space of the device with the subsequent transfer of this file to a PC.
To copy contacts from Samsung to a computer, you need to do the following:
- Find and open the “Contacts” program on your smartphone.
- Call its properties and run the “Import / Export” procedure.
- In the window that appears, specify where the phone numbers will be reserved: in the internal storage or on the built-in SD card.
- Confirm the entry by clicking “Yes”.
- Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable.
- Find on Samsung backup contacts and drag it to your PC, like a regular file. The required document will be hidden in the storage / emulated / 0 / folder and have the extension.vcf.
In the future, the number base can be opened, viewed and edited through the Outlook application integrated into Windows.
Manual copying of phone numbers
You can also transfer contacts to a computer from a Samsung Galaxy phone in manual mode. However, this will be somewhat more difficult than in the previous case. The fact is that the required database is located in the Data system folder, access to which is denied without superuser rights. Therefore, you will additionally need to unlock the root profile on your smartphone and acquire a utility that can work with administrative rights.
Manual copying of contacts is performed in the following sequence:
- Root Samsung using KingRoot, Framaroot, UnlockRoot or another application with similar functionality.
- Install the file explorer Root Explorer, which does an excellent job with root rights. It can be downloaded for free from the Play Market.
- Via Explorer, go to the folder Data /. / databases and copy the file with the numbers contacts.db to the SD memory card.
- Drag this base onto your PC and save it in a safe place.
In the future, a backup copy of the contacts can be used to restore information from the phone book if it is inadvertently deleted.
Creating backup contacts through the Google virtual service
Google cloud storage allows you to create backup fingerprints of not only the address book, but also other user information (notes, photos,s, etc.) on a remote server. After successful synchronization, you can manage the saved data from any smartphone, laptop or computer.
To copy contacts from phone to PC via Google, you need to:
- Using a valid Gmail email address, attach Samsung to your Google account (of course, if it has not been done before).
- Go to your account settings, check the items you want to backup and click “Sync”.
- On a computer through any browser, go to contacts.google.com and log in under the same account to which Android was previously linked.
- In the menu that appears, click “Export.” If an inscription pops up on the screen that the indicated procedure is not supported in the new version of the service, go to the old form and run the same function again.
- In the next window, select “All contacts” and specify the backup format. For Windows, the best option would be CSV format for Outlook.
- Activate the copy procedure by clicking “Export”.
After performing these steps, the file with the database of numbers will be downloaded to the PC hard drive.
Copying contacts through specialized software
Another way to transfer contacts from a Samsung phone to a computer is to use special software, namely Smart Switch or Samsung Kies. In the first case, you will need:
- Download the specified utility of the version that suits your OS on the PC, and then install it.
- Download drivers to your smartphone. The USB Samsung Driver application will help you with this.
- Connect the mobile device to the computer and start Smart Switch.
- In the window that opens, go to the “Settings” section and select “Archiving Elements”.
- Indicate the items from which you want to copy the contents, and click Ok.
If you did not change the installation path of the program, the phone book backup will be written to drive C in the Smart Switch folder. After the user has transferred the contacts, the smartphone can be disconnected from the PC.
The Samsung Kies program, which can be found freely available on the Play Market or Samsung Apps, is also great for backing up numbers. To fulfill the plan, it is enough to connect the PC to the smartphone, open the indicated utility, select the “Contacts” item with a tick and start copying.