How To Connect Tv To Wai Fai Samsung
Watch the video
When the TV is connected to the Internet, you get the opportunity to watch videos and videos online, use various services and applications using the TV screen, participate in social networks, etc.
Before starting the connection, make sure that your TV supports Smart TV technology and has the ability to connect to the Internet. Below are options for connecting a TV with built-in Wi-Fi and using a Wi-Fi adapter.
How to connect a TV with built-in Wi-Fi
The connection method is described for Samsung TVs, but in general, the sequence of actions remains the same for most models from different manufacturers.
At the beginning of the work, make sure that you have a wireless network, to find out how to connect various devices to it, see our article. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
After you have verified that the network is working properly, follow these steps:
- Using the remote control, enter the “Menu” of the TV, then open the “Network” tab, and in it “Network Status”. Here you need to check your connection settings. The “Receive automatically” indicator should be lit in the “IP settings” column, and the IP address and DNS of the network should be displayed in the tab field.
- If the data is not reflected, check the settings of the router: whether the protocol of dynamic configuration of the network node (DHCP) is enabled on it.
- In the "Network Settings" tab, click the "Start" button.
- After the search procedure, a list of routers in the access area will be displayed.
- Select your own Wi-Fi network and click on the button next.
- Enter the password that protects access to your network, after which the key will be entered correctly and a connection will be made.
- Open the browser located on the TV monitor and use the Internet access provided by Wi-Fi.
Video: How To Connect Tv To Wai Fai Samsung
How to connect a TV using a Wi-Fi adapter
It happens that the instructions for the TV mention the possibility of connecting the device to the network, while it does not come with built-in Wi-Fi. It is better to check this information with the seller in order to avoid surprises when setting up.
If the TV needs a special adapter, you need to purchase it separately. Such models are found in some brands, including LG. Externally, Wi-Fi looks like a drive, popularly referred to as a “flash drive”, with the same USB connection that you need to put in one of the corresponding connectors on the back of the TV.
After the system finds the newly connected equipment, go to the TV menu, then open the “Settings” tab, and then “Network” and “Network settings”. The “Wireless” connection option should be available in the window that appears.
There are several ways to configure the connection in this tab.
- Select an access point that belongs to your home network and enter the password that provides access.
- Select from the list of options offered by the TV, WPS mode. Then the connection will be made automatically. At the same time, your router must also support this function.
- If you don’t want or are unable to establish a standalone Internet connection, you can try to synchronize the TV with the computer, for this select the Ad-hoc option in the TV control menu.
What to do if connection fails
It often happens that a wireless connection cannot be connected due to problems with the router. In this case, you will have to enter the IP address and configure it manually. Here’s how to do it right:
- Turn off the DHCP function on the router panel.
- In the TV menu, in the "Network Settings" tab, select the "Manual Setup" command.
- Enter the gateway address and other parameters assigned to the network. You can find this data on a computer or other device that is already connected to your home network. To do this, go the following way: Network connections ⇒ Home network ⇒ Status ⇒ Information.
After the TV system receives these parameters, it usually finds the network, which means you get the opportunity to use the Internet directly through the TV screen.
Thus, there are several ways to connect the TV to the network, so you can choose the most understandable and convenient for you.
For other ways to connect the TV to the World Wide Web via cable and without it, read our article. How to connect TV to the Internet.