How to Connect to a TV Through an iPhone Phone
The small diagonal of the iPhone screen does not allow you to really enjoy watching the movie. In this case, it’s much more convenient to watch movies on the device’s large screen, to which you can connect the phone.
Wi-Fi Connection Methods
There are three ways to connect wi-fi:
The most popular way to connect your phone to a TV is via a Wi-Fi connection. In order to connect a smartphone in this way:
- make sure that the TV supports the Airplay function;
- Make sure you are using an iPhone 4, iPhone 4s or later device.
- Apple TV 2nd generation or later;
- Wi-Fi network provides a stable and high-quality connection.
Next, you need to follow the algorithm:
- Open the control center on the device, click “Mirror AirPlay”, select the desired Apple TV or other device that supports the AirPlay 2 function.
- The Apple TV device will broadcast the full screen of the connected apple phone. To do this, you need to connect the Apple TV to the TV through the spare HDMI port, and then connect the Apple TV to the wireless network. Select the appropriate input on your TV and make sure that the Apple TV home screen is displayed.
Connect your phone via USB
Using the USB port to connect your phone to the TV is simple and convenient. However, the main drawback of the USB-connector is its small functionality. Unlike an HDMI adapter, it turns the phone into a flash drive. It becomes impossible to interact with the gadget, like with a regular smartphone, through a TV.
In order to connect the phone to the TV via USB, you should:
- Connect the wire to the phone using an adapter for a specific model (connect to the connector to charge the device).
- Connect the HDMI cable to the connector and adapter.
- Check your iPhone to make sure the phone is connected to the TV successfully.
- Go to the TV settings and select HDMI for the input source mode of the device.
If the settings were made correctly by the user, the will be automatically mirrored on the TV screen, and the sound is automatically sent to the TV.
However, the main drawback of the USB-connector remains its small functionality. Unlike an HDMI adapter, it turns the phone into a flash drive. It becomes impossible to interact with the gadget, like with a regular smartphone, through a TV.
Connect via HDMI
You can connect an iPhone to a TV using an adapter such as HDMI. You can buy an adapter both on the official Apple website (costs about 25), and from third-party manufacturers that make Lightning to HDMI adapters that connect to the iPhone charging port.
Only iPhone 4 or later can connect to TV via HDMI. IPhone 4 will require a 30-pin HDMI adapter.
In order to make a connection, you must:
- Connect the HDMI adapter to the custom TV through the charge connector.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and the other to the HDMI port on the TV. (HDMI ports are usually located on the back or side panels of a device).
- Remember the number of the HDMI port to which the adapter connects. This will be marked on the side of the device.
- Turn on the TV and directly the iPhone. On the remote control or on the TV itself, press the button that opens the input selector for the TV, which is usually labeled “Input” or “Source”.
- Select the HDMI port to which the iPhone is connected.
- The device’s screen will accurately reflect the phone’s screen if the user is using an iPhone 4S or later. When using iPhone 4, the TV screen will remain a black screen until the user launches the necessary application to demonstrate the.
You always need to monitor the connection of an iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV.
Sometimes the user is not able to broadcast from the application or from the Internet on TV. Support for AirPlay is determined by the developers, and not all developers approve of the transfer of content to the large screen of the television device.
Using Apple TV
If the user does not want to connect the iPhone to the screen using a wire, the easiest way to connect wirelessly is the Apple AirPlay function, which allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad on Apple TV devices or other TVs that support AirPlay 2 (devices with the Smart TV function).
- If the user has already set up Apple TV, you need to make sure that he is connected to the same home Wi-Fi network as the iPhone.
- Next, open the control center on the device by swiping down in the upper right corner of the iPhone screen to launch the Control Center. On an iPad or iPhone X-Series, swipe down from the top right corner, on other devices, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Next, click “Mirror Image AirPlay”, and then in the opened list of available devices, select the desired Apple TV or other TV that supports the AirPlay 2 function. In iOS 11 or later, the user must click “Screen Mirroring”, and then select “Apple TV “.
- The Apple TV device will broadcast the full screen of the connected apple device. (It’s also possible to simply use AirPlay to stream media from iPhone to TV, for example, music ors bought by a user in iTunes.)
Probably the easiest (and cheapest) wired way to connect your iPhone to your device is to purchase a Lightning Digital AV Adapter cable.
This cable contains an HDMI port for connecting to a TV, and a Lightning output connector for connecting to an iPhone, as well as an additional Lightning port that allows the user to charge the device while transmitting the image to the TV screen.
In order to connect the phone to the screen via lightning, you should:
- Connect the HDMI to the HDMI port of the adapter and a free port on the back of the device.
- Next, connect the adapter to the lightning port on the phone.
- Turn on the TV and make sure that it is configured to display from the HDMI connector (“Input” or “Source” section). The iPhone appears on the TV.
Note! In the first seconds of connection, the quality of the connection can be greatly reduced. After 30-60 seconds, the image transmitted to the screen should return to normal.
How to connect to different TV models
When connecting the phone to the TV, it is important to consider that models from various manufacturers have a number of individual features that should be considered when working with these devices. In most cases, as, for example, with models of Samsung, LG, Philips, Sony manufacturers, you can limit yourself to installing the appropriate program on a TV or iPhone to ensure that devices from different manufacturers are connected.
Features of connecting to Samsung
In order to connect to a Samsung TV, you must:
- Install the AllShare application on the smart TV, if it is missing. If necessary, download from Samsung Apps.
- On the iPhone, install AllShare TV-Cast.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, select a file and start broadcasting.
Connectivity Features for LG
For televisions of this company also provides a third-party application that allows you to establish a secure connection between the gadget and TV. You should download the Twonky Beam application and then follow this algorithm:
- Open the application, find the item “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen” and click the checkmark in front of it.
- Set up a and select a TV source.
- Press the “Bearning” key to start the broadcast.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct mode and enter the password indicated on the screen into the window for the iPhone code in the “Wireless Networks” section.
- Wait a few minutes before establishing a connection and start broadcasting.
If you can’t connect
You can connect to TVs of various models via iPhone both wired and wirelessly, but it is important to remember that most manufacturers support this type of connection when installing the appropriate utilities. If there is no connection, the user should immediately find out the cause of the problem, which most often lies in the malfunction of the equipment. After that, it is recommended to purchase original wires to replace incorrectly working ones. However, you should be careful. if you purchased products from an outside manufacturer, the system may refuse to connect. Also, the purchase of non-original products can lead to an early failure of the device or system, on the basis of which the bundle of phone and TV works.