How to Connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
The process of connecting to the network is very simple:
- Go to the device settings and select the “Network” tab.
- There find the item “Open network settings” and click on it.
- Next select “Wireless network”.
- A list of access points will appear on the screen.
- Select home and enter password if security is installed.
On Samsung devices, the connection works well through the specially developed One Foot Connection technology and via WPS.
LG TVs occupy one of the leading positions in the market. Instructions on how to connect a TV to an access point:
- In the network settings, find the item “Connect to a Wi-Fi network”.
- Then you will see a list of available wireless networks.
- Select the desired one and enter the password.
If everything is done correctly, a check mark will appear on the screen next to the selected access point.
The connection process on Sony TVs is very simple:
- In the settings, select “Networks”.
- Then click on “Network Settings”.
- A window with two configuration methods will appear on the screen. Choose “Simple”.
- Now select the connection type “Wi-Fi”.
- Then you will be offered two ways to connect: by entering a password or via WPS. Choose suitable.
- Confirm and then the connection to the wireless network will start.
Done, the TV is connected to the Internet. Sony runs on Android TV OS, so it’s hard for users to get used to the device after Samsung.
This is the most popular and easiest way. Go to the settings, select the “Network” section and click on the access point to which you want to connect.
Enter the password in the special window and click on the “Connect” button. If everything went well, you will see a check mark next to the selected network. And if you return to the menu, then in the “Network” section next to the “Connection to Wi-Fi” the inscription “Connected to the Internet” will appear.
If there is no Wi-Fi module
Some TV models do not include a Wi-Fi module. In this case, it happens using a cable or Wi-Fi adapter.
Using an adapter is more practical, since few people like the extra wires. The device connects to the TV and connects to the router.
Via Wi-Fi adapter
Visually, the Wi-Fi adapter resembles a standard flash card. Insert your device into a USB or HDMI port. Now it remains to search for access points and create a connection.
A popular method in the absence of a router. If you have a laptop and the Internet is connected to it via a network cable, then you can distribute Wi-Fi to different devices (including a TV).
There are a few important points to consider before setting up:
- the laptop must have a Wi-Fi adapter;
- you need to install a special driver on the Wi-Fi adapter on the device. over, it should provide support for Virtual Wi-Fi;
- the internet must be connected to the laptop.
All commands need to be configured through the command line, to run it, you need:
- Go to “Start”.
- Select “All Programs”.
- Then go to “Standard”.
- And select “Command line” from the list. It is recommended to run it as administrator.
The command line is open. Now you can start configuring:
- Copy the following command into the opened address bar:
Done, now turn on Wi-Fi on your TV. After that, you will see an access point with the name specified in the first command. Click on it and enter your password. It remains to enable Internet Sharing. For this:
- Right-click on the internet icon in the lower right corner.
- Select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Find the section “Change adapter settings” and go to it.
- Right-click on the adapter through which the Internet is connected to the laptop. If you have a regular Internet via a network cable, you need to click on “Local Area Connection” and select “Properties”.
- Open the “Access” tab and check the box in the first window. Next, in the drop-down menu, select “Wireless Network Connection 3” (you can have any other number).
- Confirm the changes with the “Ok” key.
Laptop now shares Wi-Fi with other devices.
How to check if the TV supports Wi-Fi?
Most modern TVs offer network connectivity. Thanks to this, you can watch your favorite movies, TV series on the big screen with the whole family, use many of the browser functions on the device and play video games.
But some devices are not equipped with this function. There are several ways to find out if there is Wi-Fi support:
- find the characteristics of your TV on the internet. It always indicates whether it is possible to connect to Wi-Fi;
- refer to the operating instructions for the device. It will display information about the availability of Wi-Fi;
- go to the settings menu of the TV itself. There find the item “Network and Internet” and click on it. If the settings have Wi-Fi, then the device assumes a network connection.
It is recommended to check in advance if the TV has Wi-Fi. Ask a sales assistant if this is an important criterion for you when choosing a TV.
The connection takes place practically according to the same algorithm of actions as for Sony TVs, since they have the same OS. How to connect TV to Wi-Fi:
- Go to device settings.
- Go to the “Installation” section.
- Select “Connect to Network”.
- Click on the connection type “Wireless”.
- There will be two connection options: via WPS and regular. Choose the right one.
- If you chose a regular connection, click on the “Scan” button.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen.
- Select the desired one, confirm and enter the password.
If everything is done correctly, a message will appear on the screen stating that the connection was successful.
Connection methods will differ depending on the features of your TV. Below you can see the main ones.
Connection and configuration depending on the model
The process for connecting your TV to Wi-Fi may differ depending on the manufacturer. This is especially true for the interface. Such minor differences can be confusing for an inexperienced user. Below you can see the setup process for the most popular TV models.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi wirelessly is a cherished dream of all online movie theater lovers and gamers. We will tell you how to do it quickly and without complicated settings.
Oddly enough, but not many people know that you can connect a laptop to a TV without wires in just a couple of mouse clicks. This will allow you to sit on the couch and broadcast your vacation photos or video to the big screen. You can also play your favorite games using not a small laptop display, but display the picture on a device with a huge diagonal. However, in the latter case, it is worth considering that the picture will be broadcast to the TV with a slight delay. You won’t notice this when watching movies and photos. Below we will give step-by-step instructions on how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
What you need to connect a laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
Many people ask the question: how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi? The main condition for the possibility of such a connection is the presence in the TV itself of Smart TV technology and a Wi-Fi module with support for Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA functions. The first allows you to connect a laptop to a TV directly, without using a home network and a router. However, not all TVs (especially older models) can be connected to laptops in this way. The second technology. DLNA, makes it possible to go from the TV itself to the network storage (for example, a folder on the hard drive of a PC connected to a home network) and start playing multimedia content from it. viewing photos or videos. You can also start a media server from the laptop itself with broadcast to the TV.
The difference between these two connection methods is quite significant and below we will tell you what the difference is and how to organize such connections and how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Connecting to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This feature works well on modern TVs from the 5th generation, where manufacturers have already implemented unified wireless direct drivers. This is the so-called. connecting a second wireless monitor, where the TV acts as an external display device for everything that happens on the screen of your mobile device, such as a laptop or smartphone.
In the first case, you need to have Windows 7, 8 or 10. A home network is not required with this connection, and authentication and connection is carried out through a connection request on the TV screen itself.
Such a connection is convenient because you can see on the big screen everything that is done on the screen of your PC or laptop, including working in the browser, viewing photos or videos, as well as the process of playing. The only drawback here is a slight delay in displaying content on TV and slightly fewer colors than on a PC display.
How to connect laptop to TV via Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi Direct connection is quite simple. To do this, turn on your TV and laptop. Wi-Fi adapters must be activated on both devices.
Now on your Windows 10 laptop go to Start | Parameters | System | Display ”and on the right side under“ Multiple displays ”click on“ Connect to a wireless display ”. A vertical shutter with the “connect” menu and a list of detected devices will appear on the right side. In our case, this is Samsung 6 series (49). Click on the selected model, then on the TV itself, agree to the connection request. It should be noted that the connection may not happen on the first or even on the second attempt, since the computer needs time to transmit the TV signal encryption keys. But after the TV is connected to the laptop via Wi-Fi, you can broadcast the video even from another room.
In order to disable the transmission of the wireless video signal to the TV, click on “Connect to wireless display” again and click on the “Disconnect” button in the right curtain of the menu.
Connecting to TV via DLNA
This type of connection consists in the fact that access to certain folders is organized on a computer or laptop that is part of the home network, where you place multimedia files. photos and videos. Only your TV can play them with its built-in player. A condition for this is that the TV supports DLNA technology. a set of standards that allow devices connected to a home network to transmit and receive over various media content.
This can be done both from an Android smartphone and tablet, as well as from a TV (playback functions only). The question also arises of how to synchronize a laptop with a TV via Wi-Fi. In general, everything happens automatically.
The main task is to organize a shared folder on a laptop. To do this, you will need to make it available to other devices on your home network, as well as assign permanent IP addresses in the router for gadgets connected to the network. This is necessary so that the TV does not have to scan the network every time to find this folder.
To do this, create a shared folder named in English on the laptop’s hard drive, for example, MediaTV. Go to the “Access” tab in its properties. Then click “Advanced settings”, put a tick next to the phrase “Open public access.” and confirm the action by clicking “OK”.
If your TV with Smart TV is an old model and its system does not allow you to connect to devices on Windows OS, namely, the TV simply does not see the shared folder with files, there is another option to organize the broadcast of media content on its screen. But first you need to make sure that your TV is visible on your home network.
To do this, click on the “Network” icon in the Explorer on the left. After that, the devices available on the network are displayed in the right pane. Now select a video file in MP4 format in any folder, right-click on it and select “Transfer to device” in the context menu, in our case to Samsung.
This will launch the Windows media server, which will display a list of files transferred to the TV. Don’t miss the request on the TV itself to play a file from an external source.
Connecting using Wi-Fi adapters
If you failed to connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi, but this method remains preferable for you, as compared with the HDMI connection, you can try to connect the laptop to the TV using an intermediary. a TV set-top box on Android or a Wi-Fi dongle. for example Google Chromecast. In this case, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi network organized by this adapter and broadcast the signal to it.
However, such an extravagant solution will be justified if cable connection is almost impossible, such as for a video projector suspended from the ceiling. It is much cheaper and more reliable to use an HDMI connection and connect the laptop to the TV through the appropriate cable.
Smart TV set-top box based on Android OS
If your TV does not support SmartTV, you can access the World Wide Web using set-top boxes. These devices are equipped with RAM and built-in data storage. Management is performed through the interface of the Android operating system.
- You can install utilities, game applications, watch videos and other content.
- They are connected to TV with a cable or inserted into USB, HDMI connectors. Have a remote control.
- Supports many formats of video and audio content, IPTV, reading files from flash media, various applications.
Media players connect to the network via Wi-Fi or wire. Tablet or phone screen display function allows surfing through pages on a large screen diagonal.
The price range of set-top boxes depends on the manufacturer, processor, size of RAM, built-in memory and feature set. Allows you to significantly expand the capabilities of any TV.
Wireless: connection setup
When using an adapter, the network is configured as a wired connection. For TVs with built-in modules, two configuration options are possible. for WPS and WPA (WEP) connections.
The WPS function is performed using the router PIN that is generated each time the function is activated. This type of connection becomes available only after pressing the Push-button of the router. Only modems and routers equipped with this function can be used. For the WPS connection protocol in the tab for managing available networks, use the “Configure network connection” or “Wireless settings”.
Select the method “Simple”, “Auto” or “WPS Button”, for PIN input. “WPS (PIN)”. The connection will be established after completing the following instructions.
Manual input mode requires selection of connection method “Expert”, “User” or “Scan”.
- Next, you need to follow the instructions indicated on the TV screen.
- To enter the password for the WEP connection, to open the on-screen keyboard, press the Enter button.
- The key must be entered case sensitive. In the “Auto” mode, TV receives the parameters transmitted by the network IP, MAC, DNS.
- The manual mode will allow you to enter the required values. Follow further instructions to complete the settings.
With an unsecured connection in the list of networks, select the desired access point name and follow the instructions on the screen.
If all the parameters are correct, the TV will quickly complete and help you configure the selected connection. You can start using your BRAVIA HDTV and other applications.
External Wi-Fi adapters
Through such devices, TVs are connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi access points. USB or HDMI connectors. to help. They are suitable for TVs with Smart function, not equipped with built-in wireless modules.
Samsung, Sony, LG, Toshiba release fully compatible adapters with their devices. The importance of this fact is that when choosing a receiver, it is worth considering the power, range, data transmission standards, network frequency. These indicators affect the quality of signal reception and stability.
But branded products always exceed the price tags of universal options. You can find suitable receivers for any TV model on the Internet or on the manufacturers’ official websites. The technical documentation of the TV and the installed router will help to find the necessary parameters. And set up access. instruction manual.
How to connect a TV to the Internet via cable and WI-FI: 16 steps step by step
Televisions have grown wiser. Not in the sense of TV shows, but in terms of functionality. Now you can choose what and when to watch, drawing information from the endless bowels of the Internet. We will tell you how to connect different TV models to the network. And what can you use for this.
What TVs can I connect to the Internet
Not only flagships and eminent manufacturing companies complete their products with Wi-Fi and wired network access modules. All modern TVs are already equipped with such capabilities. Connection takes 2-5 minutes, depending on skill.
To connect your TV to the Internet, there are two options:
- use a cord with an appropriate plug and sufficient length to connect the access point to the TV;
- or wirelessly using a router. He’s giving out Wi-Fi.
If you have an old TV set, where the connection is not provided, you should not be upset. Modern gadgets allow you to connect to the network almost any “blue screens”.
If you have a USB connector, you can use Wi-Fi adapters. TV set-top boxes with Internet access will help to expand functionality.
Let’s take a look at all the possibilities in order.
Wired LAN connection
Service providers can provide Internet access in several ways:
- some require the use of specialized equipment. modems, routers, and others;
- others can be used directly.
In any case, you need a cable (twisted pair) of sufficient length and a connector on the TV case. You can verify this possibility in the technical documentation. The connector is called RG45, on the TV the input is signed as LAN.
One end of the wire connects to the TV, the other to the modem or router. When the cable is installed correctly, you can hear a characteristic click. The next step is to do this:
- from the remote control, open the settings menu. You can access the desired tab in the SmartTV panel or in the TV settings menu;
- find the “Networks” tab and get access to the network connections management menu. We pass to the item “Settings”;
- move the arrow of the remote control to the network that appears in the list, click “OK”;
- in the window that opens, click “Finish”.
Such actions are sufficient if the Internet is connected from a modem (router) with a dynamic IP. The TV will default to the settings from the service provider and automatically set the IP, MAC and DNS.
Difficulties can arise if the connection requires specifying clear parameters. The same static IP, for example.
- Then you need to open the “Advanced settings” tab and manually register the data for the connection.
- After entering the required values, click the “Ok” button, in the next window. “Finish”.
Before confirming, carefully check the entered data. If mistakes are made, the connection will fail.
In models with firmware on webOS, these items should be found in the main TV settings menu in the “Network” tab. The algorithm is the same. If the network is stable, all equipment is working and the cable is not damaged, you can start surfing the Internet. Otherwise, check the functionality of the equipment and cable for damage. Or ask for help from specialists.
How to connect a Samsung TV
Manufacturers develop the interface based on their own ideas of usability. Samsung is no exception. A direct connection from your ISP will not work. And through a router or modem, the connection is made for any type of connection. Check that the equipment is working properly before setting up.
To make a wired or wireless connection, you need to go to the settings menu. R, N, M, Q, LS and K series settings can be accessed using buttons on the remote.
- Look for the house icon or Home (Menu).
- In the window that opens, go to the “Settings” item in the lower left corner of the screen. In the J, H, F and E series, access is via buttons on the remote control (Menu and Menu / 123).
- Go to the “General” tab and open “Network”.
Apple TV: what is special about the set-top box
Apple TV allows you to use popular instant messengers and networks, install toys, use paid and free cinemas, and third-party video streaming applications. AirPlay lets you stream content from your iOS computer or phone. AirParrot utility for Windows users.
The set-top box is controlled by a touch panel equipped with an accelerometer and a gyroscope. Very handy while playing or browsing. The gadget is easy to connect, configure and operate.
Connects to Apple TV via HDMI cable, which must be purchased separately. Access to the network is provided via LAN or wireless connection. The cost of such a gadget is not so affordable. But Apple techies appreciate its benefits.
Wired connection: using LAN
- Using a cable with an RJ45 connector, we connect the router to the TV. The menu window opens via the “Home” button.
- Open the Settings directory and look for the “Network” item. For TVs manufactured before 2014, this option should be found in the Network and Accessories catalog.
- Open the “Settings” window → set the type to “Easy” → “Wired LAN”. In automatic mode, TV will accept the IP, MAC addresses and DNS server parameters received from the provider. If necessary, you can choose to enter data using the keyboard by entering the desired values.
- After entering the parameters, follow the instructions on the screen. Once connected, you can start checking for software updates, downloading apps, or watching your favorite content.
Reset network in Smart TV settings
This function is not available on all categories of Samsung TVs. However, in the most modern versions, it is found.
To reset the system, you need to go to the general section and go to the “network” item. Then you need to find the command “reset settings” and activate it. In this case, the device will revert to factory defaults.
After the performed manipulations, you will need to re-check access to the global network.
Important! After completing the factory reset, the system should automatically turn off the TV. However, if this did not happen, you should do it yourself.
Before using the device again, it will be better if it has been turned off for a while (about 10 minutes). After that, you can check access.
Samsung cannot detect the network
Many users of Samsung Smart TVs are faced with the problem of lack of Internet connection. Why Smart TV can lose connection with the Internet connection?
This usually happens if a Wi-Fi router is used. However, another point may be the reason, for example, bad network equipment, incorrect settings or a failure in the firmware.
What can you do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi? There are many options, but first of all it is worth trying to update the firmware. It is better to update not using the service built into the TV, but by downloading the latest firmware to a USB flash drive from special sites.
What else can you try to fix the problem? One of the options is to completely de-energize the TV device for 10-15 minutes. This will completely restart the TV and return to normal and stable operation.
Important! If this does not help, then the problem is much more complicated and requires a different approach to solve it.
Hard reset or reset Smart Hub
Another way to do a factory reset is to go to the support section. Then you need to move to self-diagnosis and go to the reset menu. In some cases, the system requires entering a password. Standard variant 0000.
Another reset option is through the Smart Hub self-diagnosis menu. In some models, the function is written in this way.
The main problem is that the reset options are directly dependent on the type of model of the TV you have. It is not possible to display all of them.
Due to different TV models, problems may not be solved in the same way. However, there are universal options that are suitable even if Wi-Fi does not work on the TV series T24H390SIX or ue40es6307.
If the Internet does not work on TV
It’s one thing when the TV does not see Wi-Fi or cannot connect to the network, but it is another thing when there is a connection, and access to the “global web” is still absent or is constantly falling off. Accordingly, a person cannot work either in a browser or in an application.
The network status will be indicated by a red cross at the place of the Internet connection. One of the possible notifications “Connection without Internet access”, “Internet connection not established”.
What can be done in a similar situation? To begin with, it is worth checking the router, whether the distribution is going to other devices (for example, a phone or tablet). If other devices gain access, the TV itself must be rebooted. To do this, you need to disconnect it from the power supply for 10-15 minutes. The router is also additionally rebooted.
Note! After the set time, you need to check the result. If the problem still exists, then in the settings you will need to register a static DNS server.
To do this, you need to go to the IP parameters. Enter DNS settings manually. Enter data “8888”, another option “8844”. Open the “Control” system in the main menu and go to the “Sub Option” subsection, and then to “RF Mute Time”. Here you need to set the frequency with which you will switch to another channel, the time is written in milliseconds. The standard indicator is 600. Then you should check the connection. If the problem persists, it is worth rebooting the TV.
Violation of the Wi-Fi network in the 5 GHz range
If the Samsung TV does not see Wi-Fi in the 5 GHz range, then this may be due to the fact that this model lacks or has disabled support for the old network format. The speed at a frequency of 5 GHz is much higher, which means that the work of programs, video and other applications is better.
However, this system has certain nuances:
- The TV device must have support for 802.11ac wireless Internet. Whether there is such a possibility, you can see by the characteristics or by contacting the manufacturer’s technical support;
- The router must be dual-band with a distribution function at a frequency of 5 GHz.
If the above steps are completed, but the TV still does not see the Wi-Fi network, then the matter is in the channel. Going into the settings of the router, you will need to set one of four channels: 36, 40, 44 or 48.
Important! If the problem still persists, you should try resetting the network settings or resetting the TV itself.
TV does not connect to Wi-Fi router, although it sees it
How to connect Samsung Smart TV to computer network via Wi-Fi? If the device sees a router, but the connection is not established, you can try the following methods:
- Reboot the entire system;
- Check the module;
- Reset the TV to its original settings;
- Update the TV device firmware;
- Check the Wi-Fi adapter;
- Check for DNS errors;
- Enter the required data manually.
It is believed that if the TV refuses to find the router’s network, a firmware update is a good fit. How can you do this:
- Go to the TV menu of the device;
- Find the “system update” tab.
Some users are faced with the fact that this function is missing on their TV. In this case, you should go to the manufacturer’s official website. By writing the model name, you can get information on the available updates. They are downloaded to a USB flash drive and activated directly from it.
Note! Another reason why the network does not want to install in any way is a non-working Wi-Fi adapter. The user should inspect the device for mechanical damage.
Since Samsung Smart TVs have a built-in adapter, you will need to check the functionality of the required module (for example, at a service center). In an emergency, you can purchase an external adapter to check if the internal adapter is working properly. Such devices are usually plugged into a USB port. If everything works well with the external adapter, the problem is in the built-in module.
How can I check if the built-in adapter is in working order:
- Try to connect to the network using any other device, such as a tablet or mobile phone. If other devices connect to the Wi-Fi network, you should contact technical support to inspect the module;
- Another way is to find the support menu on the device. Next, you should select the action “contact Samsung“. The corresponding characters will be written in the address line. If the combination consists of zeros and dashes, this indicates that the internal device is faulty.
What to do if TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Another variant of the problem is when the device does not connect to the network (an error occurs). In this case, there are also a lot of reasons why the TV does not connect to Wi-Fi and displays an error on the screen. This is usually associated with a password or basic settings.
If this kind of error occurs when connecting:
- Wrong password;
- Invalid password;
- Password error.
It’s worth making sure the data is set correctly. Other reasons why a connection error occurs:
- Incorrect security setting. It is worth checking in the router parameters. The current type of security and encryption of the wireless channel must be installed;
- A modern mode of operation of the router is required. It can be mixed or “n” format;
- Check if the DHCP server is enabled in the router. It turns on automatically, but if it fails, it can turn off. In this case, the TV will not be able to connect to the network in any way;
- Some additional protection may be enabled on the router. This item should also be checked;
- If a Wi-Fi signal booster is installed, the TV device may try to connect directly to it instead of a router.
Note! As a test, you can try to join any other network (for example, by sending a signal from your phone). If the outcome is positive, the cause should be sought in the router.
Ways to solve problems with connecting Samsung TVs to Wi-Fi
Few users will like it if the Internet on Smart TV is constantly disconnected. This problem is not uncommon. Wi-Fi may stop working altogether, which means you have to look for a solution to the problem.