How to Connect Redmi AirDots To Phone
How to connect Redmi AirDots wireless headphones to a smartphone
Wireless headphones are becoming an essential part of everyday life. The absence of wires provides maximum ease of movement. Xiaomi has already released several models of wireless headphones. And now we will tell you how to connect the Redmi AirDots model, which is also known as Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic to a smartphone.
Before using the device, you must remove the protective film from the contact surfaces of the headphones, place them in the case and charge them. The indicator glows red while charging. When fully charged, its color turns white, and after 1 minute it goes out.
To connect, you need a smartphone with Bluetooth support and Redmi AirDots. The headphones are turned on and off automatically when they are removed or inserted into the case.
To connect, remove both earbuds from the charging case at the same time and wait 2 seconds until they turn on. After turning on, the left earbud automatically connects to the right one, the indicator of which starts flashing white.
Moving on to the smartphone. Turn on Bluetooth and search for available devices.
The device we need is called Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_R. This is the right earpiece. Click on this name and accept the pairing request, in which you can allow the exchange of contacts.
After successful connection, information about the status of the device and its charge level will appear in the menu of paired devices. Headphones are connected, turn on the music and enjoy.
After the first successful pairing, Redmi AirDots will automatically connect to the previously paired device if Bluetooth is enabled on it.
If for any reason you are unable to pair with the headphones, remove the headphones from the charging case and make sure they are turned off. Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 15 seconds. After the indicator flashes red and white alternately three times (then flashes again), release the buttons and return the headphones to the charging case. Remove Redmi AirDots from the list of paired devices on your smartphone, if present. Then pair again.
It is also possible to use the headphones alone as a Bluetooth headset. The pairing algorithm is exactly the same. To connect only one earphone, you need to take it out of the charging case and wait for it to turn on automatically. The headphone indicator will start flashing white quickly and then slowly. Searching for available devices. Depending on the headphone you choose, the device will be called Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_L or Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_R. It remains to click on the device name and accept the pairing request.
What to do if Xiaomi does not see the hardware
This problem can arise for several reasons, ranging from mechanical damage to the incompatibility of devices. Therefore, before purchasing, you should find out which version of Bluetooth the accessory works with.
To fix the problem, you should start by diagnosing synchronization. Sometimes the connection hangs. In such cases, you must cancel the process, then start pairing again. The device may not have been selected. Often the reason lies in a discharged battery.
If the device previously worked with another phone, then it must be rebooted by long pressing the button (15 seconds).
Sometimes, for pairing, you need to enter the PIN code that comes with the accessory manual.
Xiaomi is engaged in the production of a large number of gadgets, ranging from smartphones to smart sneakers. Recently, the manufacturer has been actively engaged in the manufacture of wireless headphones, which are already very popular among users.
First setup after purchase
- We take a smartphone and activate Bluetooth. To do this, visit the “Settings”. We go to the section “Wireless networks”. “Bluetooth”. Move the slider to the “On” mode.
- Now we set up the headphones. The instructions should describe in detail how to properly turn the headset on and off. Usually the power button is located on the side. Click on it and wait for the beep.
- On the smartphone, go to “Available Devices”. We are looking for a model of our headphones there. Click on them and agree to pairing.
Sometimes a password is required, which is also indicated in the instructions for the gadget. That’s it, we connected Bluetooth headphones for the first time.
After the first connection to a Xiaomi smartphone, pairing occurs automatically. The device detects the headset by itself, and the playback of audio files starts immediately. But Bluetooth, of course, must be activated in advance on the phone.
Which is better: wired or wireless headphones
Before buying a headset, you need to decide what kind of gadget design you need: wired or wireless? To do this, think about the conditions and how you will use the headphones.
Love to play sports and go jogging every day? Do you travel a lot? Are you active? Then take a look at Bluetooth headsets. Your movements will not be constrained by wires, and you can easily be away from the phone (within the Bluetooth range).
Prefer to listen to music indoors and use your smartphone rather than a headset for phone calls? In this case, do not overpay, because you can buy ordinary wired headphones.
Problems connecting to the phone
Despite the simplicity of the connection, an unprepared user may encounter some problems. Almost always, the situation is resolved after performing simple actions, which are described in detail below.
If Xiaomi wireless headphones do not connect to the phone, then most likely the problem lies not in the headset itself, but in a system error of the smartphone. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the main options for eliminating the failure:
- Try restarting your smartphone after turning off Bluetooth. As practice shows, after such an action, many errors disappear for an unknown reason.
- Temporarily disconnect the headphones by holding your finger on the touch or mechanical button for 4-5 seconds. Please note that you must not just put the headset into standby mode, but turn it off completely.
- Try connecting the wireless headphones to another smartphone. If the task is feasible, then the problem lies with the phone.
One earphone does not work
The second most common problem is that the sound is heard only in one of the headphones. This is most often caused by the battery of one of the wireless headphones being completely discharged. You can understand this by the indicator: if it is blue, then everything is in order, and if it is red, then the headset is discharged.
Also, it cannot be excluded that the headphones cannot pair with each other. This is usually due to a system error, but mechanical failures also occur. To fix the problem, you need to do the following:
- Turn off each of the headphones completely by long pressing the touch panel. The indicator lights should flash red. Press the button on the headset again and wait for about 30-50 seconds. After the appearance of two fast flashes, we stop pressing and just wait until the indicators stop burning altogether.
- We put the headphones in the charging case for 5 seconds, and then we take them out at the same time. After such manipulation, the headphones should pair with each other.
- We are trying to connect the headset to the smartphone. If it is detected by the smartphone as two different devices, then first of all we connect to the right earpiece. If successful, click on the button on the left earphone.
There is also another way to pair each of the earbuds:
- We put the headphones in the case and check that they are fully charged.
- We take out one of the headphones, and it doesn’t matter right or left.
- We expect the headset to turn on automatically, and then turn it off with a long press (30-50 seconds).
- Click on the touch panel until a red indicator appears.
- We take out the second earpiece and do the same. The most important thing is to follow a strict sequence.
- We put the headset back into the case. Each earphone should have a red LED on.
How to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to your phone
For a modern person, a telephone headset has become an integral part of everyday life. Going about your business, you can simultaneously communicate with friends, listen to audiobooks, music and news. Therefore, many users are wondering how to connect wireless headphones to a Xiaomi phone. Today we will answer this question.
What to do if Xiaomi does not see the headphones
Most often the error lies in the software. For example, after system updates, this is quite common. Then you should roll back to the previous version or reset to factory settings.
If there are problems with the wiring, then it is worth checking and thoroughly cleaning the connectors. And also pay attention to the serviceability of the wire and the contacts themselves.
Below you will find a detailed diagram with the pros and cons of the two types of headsets. Read and choose your ideal option.
|Bluetooth headset||Wired headset|
|Mobility. Your movements are not constrained. No need to carry your phone with you everywhere.||You need a power source. Bluetooth headsets drain pretty quickly.||Don’t worry about charging. You can listen to music and chat without time limit.||The presence of wires. With active activities, wires are a big hindrance, you also need to carry your phone with you everywhere.|
|Compactness. Take a closer look at the excellent minimalist Xiaomi AirDots headphones. This is a great budget alternative to expensive gadgets from Apple.||Intricate connection. It may take a while to sync the earbuds to your phone for the first time. Beginners are often confused with the sequence of actions.||Just a connection. Pairing is as simple as possible: just plug the wire into the USB connector. and you’re done.||Broken wires. If you use the headset for a long time, the cable may break, break or crack. Additional funds will be needed to replace it.|
|Interesting design. and more wireless models with completely different looks are entering the modern market.||Price. A high-quality headset with the latest features comes at a premium.||Availability. For several thousand you can buy excellent headphones with basic functionality.||Outdated models. Gradually, wired designs are still fading into the background, supplanted by modern Bluetooth gadgets.|
|Can’t decide on the choice of headphones? Then take a look at a great alternative: wired headphones with Bluetooth connectivity.|
Other headphones and other devices
All models of wireless devices are connected in the same way (Jabra, Huawei, etc.). You need to open the settings section, go to the “Bluetooth” tab. Launch the accessory itself. This usually requires one press or hold for 5-10 seconds.
Xiaomi devices are synchronized with any gadgets that have a Bluetooth function: computer, laptop, tablet, etc. The connection will be the same for both Android phones and iPhones.
Operating and charging time
The charging process takes about 45 minutes. The headset charges a little faster, and a full charge lasts 4 hours. Charged case is able to restore the battery level of two earbuds 3-4 times.
With the active use of two headphones, their autonomy reaches 4 hours. With alternating use, the operating time increases by 1 hour.
Connecting a Bluetooth headset Xiaomi is practically no different from synchronizing with headphones:
- Mi Bluetooth Headset Youth. Feel the power key on the headset, press. Go to the settings of the mobile device, section Bluetootha. Make the slider active. Find this accessory from the list of found devices, select it.
- Mi Bluetooth Headset. Press the long key located on the side. You can synchronize with two phones at the same time. Connection will be carried out in turn according to the same principle that was described above.
- Millet Mini. There is only one button on the headset that performs different functions: turning on, off, answering a call, listening to music. Connects to the gadget via Bluetooth settings. The headset must be turned on during pairing.
How to pair Xiaomi AirDots headphones?
In some cases, it is not possible to connect two Xiaomi headphones at once. Usually this situation occurs when the left device loses the right one, which is the master in this pair.
How to connect a wireless headset to each other:
- Disconnect two devices. To do this, you will have to simultaneously clamp the touch panels on the devices. The shutdown is indicated by a red color on the indicators.
- Turn on your headphones. To do this, hold down the touchpad again for half a minute. First, the indicator will light up white, and after 10-20 seconds a red-white light will appear, which will flash a couple of times.
- Reset the settings. You will have to hold the touchpad again. The system should go out for a few seconds, then blink a couple of times, after which you will have to set up the headphones again.
- Charge your headset. In the charging case, the devices will start syncing. After that, take out the headphones and connect to the phone.
Xiaomi wireless headphones have some operational features that will have to be taken into account when connecting and setting up devices. When the headset is discharged, the indicator glows red. Full charge is indicated by white light.
The touchpads will help you turn on, turn off, set up the headset, but you can’t adjust the volume with them. To find out the percentage level of charge, you will have to go to the Bluetooth settings.
Switching devices off and on is accompanied by comments in Chinese. This is a normal process, so there is no need to worry about possible breakdowns. Headphones do not turn off automatically when removed from your ears.
The average operating time of the headset is 2-5 hours. Much depends on the air temperature (the colder, the faster the devices lose their charge). To fully charge, you need to put the devices in the charging case for 40-50 minutes.
To pause the music, you need to “hit” the body once. Double tap will help you connect with the voice assistant. If you need to take a call, press it twice. A single tap will help you drop an incoming call.
Connecting wireless headphones
The principle of connecting different models is almost the same.
Smartphone sync instructions:
- Mi Collar Headset. It’s easy to connect wireless headphones to your Xiaomi phone. The headset should be inserted into the ear, the lower part directed towards the mouth. To sync the device with your smartphone, hold the button located at the top of the device. When the bottom light blinks, it will indicate the readiness of the device for work. Next, you should activate Bluetooth in the phone, in the list that appears, select the necessary gadget.
- Millet Sports. First you need to turn on Bluetooth by holding a single button on the device until a blue indicator appears. If the smartphone has not found Millet Sports, then you need to click “Refresh”. Click on the added hardware, wait for the connection. When the light on the capsule lights up, the equipment is ready for operation.
- Mi Sport Headset. You need to activate Bluetooth on your phone, hold down the power key. When the smartphone finds the equipment, you need to click on it from the list.
- Mi Collar Headset Youth. This model has the ability to connect to several devices at once. On the left side of the arc, there are buttons to control the Mi Collar Headset Youth. With their help, you can answer and make calls and synchronize with your smartphone using the above method.
- Mi Monitor. Launch the device (key on the speaker cup). To pair with a smartphone, you need to go to the settings, turn on Bluetooth, select the required device from the list.
- Mi Sport Mini. Turn on Bluetooth on the device. Find the button located on the remote. Select Mi Sport Mini from the list of available devices in the phone.
As for pairing Redmi AirDots, there is a separate instruction article about this.
We connect the xiaomi AirDots headphones. Xiaomi bluetooth earphone connection
Chinese manufacturers Xiaomi have been producing various sports accessories for a long time: sneakers, backpacks. However, fitness watches and wireless headphones are in great demand. Those users who come across this accessory for the first time are interested in how to connect Xiaomi Bluetooth headphones. The answer to the question posed can be found below.
Instructions on how to connect Xioami Mi AirDots 2 Pro to the phone
Now let’s see how to connect Xioami AirDots Pro 2 to a phone. The instructions will be universal for both Android and iOS smartphones. This means that the setting will be universal for smartphones such as iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Honor, Meizu, LG and of course Xiaomi. The procedure here will be a little unusual compared to other wireless headphones.
- So, turn on Bluetooth on your phone
- Next, click on the button on the side of the case
- The light indicator on it should blink white. this means that Xioami AirDots 2 Pro are ready to connect
- Open the Bluetooth settings on the smartphone and connect to the device named “Mi True Wireless Earphones 2”
Now you can get them out of the case and use them. Disconnection occurs automatically when you put it back in the case and close the lid.
Reconnection is also activated immediately after opening the cover of the case, and not when removing the headphones from the case, as is done in most other models.
The difference between Redmi AirDots and AirDots
The first feature is the changed appearance and color of the device. Mi AirDots are produced in the classic style for the Chinese brand and have a white case. And the new Redmi AirDots received a black version, which makes it more elegant.
The differences also affected the dimensions of the device. The Redmi product is slightly smaller than the Mi AirDots. This increases the wearing comfort of the accessory, eliminating unpleasant sensations during prolonged use. However, the charging case has become larger.
In terms of autonomy, the models do not differ. Each earbud houses a small 40mAh battery that provides about 4 hours of listening time. Using the charging case, you can charge the gadget up to 3-4 times. The total operating time reaches 12 hours.
Interesting: Review of Redmi AirDods headphones