How to Connect Redmi AirDots Earphones to Laptop
Management and configuration of Xiaomi Redmi AirDots
The instruction of the Redmi AirDots headphones in Russian explains in detail the control of the device. It is very convenient to connect and use them.
- Pause music playback. touch the touch panel of the device or do it in the phone, tablet or laptop software.
- A single tap acts as a pause, a double tap switches tracks. Triple tap activates the previous action.
- If you use a double press in standby mode, the headphones will turn on the voice assistant.
- Double tap to answer or drop calls.
- There is no function to change volume or switch tracks without pairing with a device.
The difference between Redmi AirDots and AirDots
The first feature is the changed appearance and color of the device. Mi AirDots are produced in the classic style for the Chinese brand and have a white case. And the new Redmi AirDots received a black version, which makes it more elegant.
The differences also affected the dimensions of the device. The Redmi product is slightly smaller than the Mi AirDots. This increases the wearing comfort of the accessory, eliminating unpleasant sensations during prolonged use. However, the charging case has become larger.
In terms of autonomy, the models do not differ. Each earbud houses a small 40mAh battery that provides about 4 hours of listening time. Using the charging case, you can charge the gadget up to 3-4 times. The total operating time reaches 12 hours.
How to tell if they are charged
A white indicator is used as confirmation of successful charging of the headphones. The appearance of a red signal indicates a discharge of the device.
How to connect one and both earphones
If one of the headphones stops working, there are simple steps to follow:
- Deactivate both headphones by holding the buttons for a long time until a red indication appears.
- Hold the control keys for 30-50 seconds until a white indicator appears. After 10-20 seconds, the headset will blink twice in red and white.
- Then you need to continue to hold the sensors so that they go out for a couple of seconds.
- After resetting the settings, you need to place the device in the charging case. Subsequent opening of the case will lead to quick synchronization of the two headphones.
How to connect to a computer
To connect AirDots to a computer or laptop, it is important to make sure they have Bluetooth support. Next, open the device search item in the Control Panel and wait for pairing. The setup process takes a couple of seconds, after which the user can freely listen to music or watch movies.
Management of incoming and outgoing calls
Since AirDots Redmi earbuds have high sound quality and are based on Bluetooth 5.0, they can be used for long conversations. It is quite easy to manage incoming and outgoing calls using the device.
- To dial a subscriber, you need to call the voice assistant by double-tapping the touch panel.
- You can answer incoming calls with a single tap.
- Holding your finger on the touchpad for a long time drops an incoming call.
Redmi AirDots color indicator: designations
The color indication on the headphones has different meanings:
- Red flickering color when storing the headphones in the case notifies of the charging process.
- When the red indicator lights up when holding two buttons for 10 seconds, it indicates that the headphones are turned off.
- Fast white blinking indicates the headphones are searching for devices to sync.
How to connect both Redmi AirDots headphones to the phone
It’s easy to connect Xiaomi Redmi headphones to your phone. The device is equipped with touch buttons located on the outside of the two earbuds for easy pairing.
- To get started, the user needs to hold both devices until the indicator turns purple-red. This will indicate a successful factory reset.
- Then you should put the headset in the case and wait a couple of seconds for the ears to find each other. If the right earbud blinks in a pale purple color, the pairing was successful.
- In the Bluetooth settings, select the item “Mi AirDots Basic_R”. Initially, the smartphone will connect to the right earpiece, and then to the left.
Operating and charging time
The charging process takes about 45 minutes. The headset charges a little faster, and a full charge lasts 4 hours. Charged case is able to restore the battery level of two earbuds 3-4 times.
With the active use of two headphones, their autonomy reaches 4 hours. With alternating use, the operating time increases by 1 hour.
All about charging Redmi AirDots
To charge the earbuds, you need to place them in a plastic case. Each of the earbuds has its own socket. It will not work to insert the headphones into the case by swapping the right and left positions. As soon as the “ears” fit into the seats, the red indicators light up. When charging is complete, the LEDs will change to white.
It will take 1.5-2 hours to fully charge the dots in the case. It may be that on the left earpiece the indicator will be white, but on the right it is still red. This is a normal situation, because the right “dots” in a pair is the main one, it discharges faster and needs more time to charge.
The case, since it is a charger, has a built-in battery, and it also needs to be charged. For this, the case has a mini-USB port, into which the corresponding cable is inserted. This cable is not included in the package, so you will have to purchase it separately.
The case also has a status indicator. When charging is required, it turns red, after fully charged (this process takes 2 hours), the color changes to white, and the indicator turns off quickly.
Sometimes one or both earbuds cannot be charged. The reason may be trivial. the case battery is discharged. In this case, after being placed in the case, the headphones are not disconnected from the phone, the pairing remains even if you close the case cover. The second reason is the lack of contact between the earphone and the charging pad in the case. Check if you have removed the tape from the dots, and also find out why the earphone does not sit completely in its socket. Perhaps the ear cushion or something else is interfering with this. Remove the ear pads and try inserting the headphones into the case without them. The charging problem can be resolved immediately. Then you will have to find new, more suitable silicone tips.
What’s in the box?
New Redmi Airdots are packed in a small oblong box made of blue cardboard. The box contains:
- Charging case.
- Headphones (in case) with M-size ear pads.
- Replacement ear cushions in sizes “S” and “L”.
- Instruction manual in Chinese. There are no instructions in Russian.
We recommend charging the case and wireless headphones before using for the first time. Remove the films from the case and from the contacts on the inserts (the film can only be on one of them).
Operating instructions for Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless headphones
The era of mobile electronics continues to evolve. Today, wireless headphones have deservedly gained great popularity among users. Among the abundance of TWS headphone models on the market, products under the Xiaomi / Redmi brand stand out. It would not be an exaggeration to say that Redmi AirDots are a worthy alternative to expensive “earbuds” produced by Apple, Sony, Samsung and other manufacturers. In some countries they are marketed under the name Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic, but the model is actually the same.
It is important to remember that great demand has led to the fact that in the same China, clones of Redmi AirDots are produced in large quantities. They are sold at a low price, and the quality of such accessories does not stand up to criticism. Be careful if you are going to buy headphones from Xiaomi for yourself or someone else as a gift.
Below we give detailed instructions for those who have just bought Air Dots, in which we will tell you how to use them.
First steps to establish a connection with a smartphone
Step 1. Take both earbuds out of the charging case, they will automatically turn on immediately.
Step 2. Turn on the Bluetooth module on your smartphone. This will search for nearby wireless devices. The line “Redmi AirDots_R” should appear in the list of found devices. This is the right earpiece, you need to start the connection with it, the left one will connect automatically.
- If you put the earbuds back in the case, the red indicator will light up. Redmi AirDots will automatically disconnect from the phone.
- If you take the headphones out of the case again, the white indicator will light up. AirDots will automatically reconnect to the smartphone.
You can connect “dots” via Bluetooth not only to your phone, but also to your PC and laptop.
It often happens that when pairing, problems arise or after a while one of the headphones starts to lose connection, the sound in it appears and disappears. In any case, you will need to reset the connection. pairing and connecting to a mobile device.
AirDots control with multi-function button
The physical button on each of the earbuds can perform multiple functions.
- Answer / end / reject incoming call
- with an incoming call, tap the multifunction button once to answer the call;
- during a phone call, press the multifunction button to end the connection;
- when an unwanted call comes in, you can reset it by long pressing the multifunction button.
- Play / Pause Music
When you are listening to music and want to pause or restart playback, you can perform this control by pressing the multifunction button.
- Turn on the voice assistant
When the headphones are in standby mode, press the multifunction button twice to call the digital assistant.
The phone must support the voice control function, the quick start mode (“wake up” the device) must be activated in the phone settings.
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots support voice control via Xiaoai, Siri and Google Assistant.
Redmi AirDots has support for third-party chat apps and voice input for iOS. Android devices use the built-in microphone by default, through which voice commands and responses from the digital assistant are sent.
- Volume control
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones do not have a volume control function, this setting must be done on a smartphone. By the way, you can use the voice assistant to adjust the sound volume.
How to Reset Pairing Redmi AirDots?
Step 1. Hold the multifunction button for 15 seconds until the indicator flashes red and white three times alternately, and then turns off. This will mean that the device reset was successful.
Step 2. In the list of Bluetooth connections on your smartphone, find the entry “Redmi AirDots_R” and delete it. Then complete the connection reset procedure.
Redmi AirDots Headset Control Apps
Also in the application you can see information about the battery consumption. In general, this application is more suitable for Xiaomi headphones with touch control (AirDots Pro, AirDots Youth Edition). On Redmi AirDots, only one thing works. viewing information about the battery, you will not be able to program the buttons. There is another application for this called MacroDroid.
Algorithm for working with the application:
- Open the application.
- Create a new macro (red square with “plus”. “Add macro”).
- For the trigger, select the media button: “Enter data” “Media button” “Long press”. Check “Long press”, because if you select “Double press”, switching tracks will not work.
- Open the “Actions” menu, then “Media” “Media control” “Emulate the media button” “Next”. Here you select your application from which you listen to music (Yandex Music, Google Play Music, VLC, YouTube, etc.).
- Then it goes to the section “Restrictions”. “Communication” Bluetooth status “Device connected”. Choose “Redmi AirDots_R”.
- Save the macro.
That’s all. Button setup complete, headphones can be used.
Possible connection errors
First of all, you should pay attention to the driver. Projects of houses З500. http://z500.com.ua/doma/tag-kompaktnie.html Since it is he who controls the operation of the wireless module. In other words, if it does not work correctly, then the connection will be unstable or you will not be able to connect the devices at all.
In addition, Windows built-in tools may sometimes not work correctly, especially if you are using a pirated version. In this case, it is recommended to install the Bluesoleil program. It provides users with several important benefits:
- Intuitive interface (working with the adapter is now even easier).
- Stable communication without interruptions.
- Simultaneous management of multiple connections.
Apart from the connection, you may have to tweak the system a little. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and select “Playback device”. Here you just need to turn on “Audio Bluetooth”. However, usually everything is set up automatically.
Now you know not only how to connect headphones to a laptop via Bluetooth, but also how to eliminate the most common mistakes. Absolutely everyone can cope with this, since this technology is the most simple and convenient to use.
Why the phone does not see the Bluetooth headset: Video
I have over 10 years of experience in IT. I am engaged in design and adjustment of commissioning works. I also have extensive experience in building networks, system administration and working with access control systems and video surveillance.
I work as a specialist in the Techno-Master company.
How to connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to a laptop
Many nowadays are wondering how to connect wireless headphones to a laptop. And this is not strange. Wireless technologies are constantly evolving, improving and becoming deeper into people’s lives. This is due to its high convenience. You must admit that it is much more pleasant to listen to music or talk with people, for example, on Skype, and at the same time have complete freedom of action, knowing how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a laptop.
As a rule, connecting Bluetooth headphones to a laptop does not cause any difficulties and any problems. Everything is very simple here. over, a manual is usually attached to the headphones, which describes in detail the process of connecting to a PC. But, often users lose it. In addition, certain difficulties may arise not only with installation, but also with the use of a wireless headset.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a laptop: Video. Process for connecting a wireless headset to a laptop
Now let’s take a closer look at the steps on how to connect wireless headphones to a laptop:
- This tool is launched as follows: press the WindowsR key combination. In the window that appears, write devmgmt.msc and click “OK”. If everything works fine, you will find a Bluetooth adapter. After that, you can proceed to the question of how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a laptop.
- Press and hold the power button on the headphones until the indicator blinks red and blue (depending on the model, colors may differ, for example, green and red).
- Find the Bluetooth icon on your laptop in the system tray (in the lower right corner of your desktop). Click on it with the right mouse button.
- Select “Add device”. After that, a window will appear in which the computer will offer a list of available connections. Select the name of your headphones and click “Next”.
- Now just follow the prompts on the screen. If the system asks for a confirmation code, then enter 0000. This is the standard password for such equipment.
Now you know how to connect a Bluetooth headset to your laptop. As you can see, there is nothing difficult. If you need to connect a wireless headset to your phone or tablet, read this article. It is worth noting that sometimes errors and difficulties can arise.
Yeah, the connection button on the headphones, of course. With this button, it connects to some unknown place, and catches a sound that is not from my computer
Thank you, everything worked out the first time!
Hello. Instructions are included with your headphones. Here in this manual, everything is detailed, where to press, how much to hold, and so on. If the instructions are not on hand, then it can be found (by the headphone model). I don’t know the model of your headphones, so I cannot describe the detailed algorithm of actions. The fact is that different models from different manufacturers have their own nuances, subtleties and secrets.
Well, yes, but if they are defined as a BT headset, and they are not displayed in the “playback devices”, how to make them work as headphones, and not as a headset?
the problem is the same as in your last screen. writes the connection is interrupted I press to connect but nothing happens. what to do?
Hello. And what is the difference between headphones and a headset? The connection process is no different and everything else is no different. The only difference is that the headset has a microphone. But, initially, a headset is a headphone. If everything works, then what difference does it make to you what to name the device, the main thing is that the sound goes to the speakers. I don’t understand what’s wrong with you? What is the problem? When headphones are connected, a computer (phone or tablet) automatically detects the type of equipment being connected, and immediately uses this equipment for its intended purpose. That is, if these are headphones, then the computer plays sound in the headphones immediately after pairing and connection. Another thing is that some programs may require additional configuration. That is, for example, Skype itself does not determine where to send the sound. Even with headphones connected to the Jack 3.5 ″ jack, when making a call, the sound can go to the built-in speakers of the laptop, and the music will play in the connected speakers. To assign the desired playback device, you need to enter the Skype settings, go to the “Sound” section and there already assign the microphone and speakers for playback (with headphones connected, the list of available devices will be wider). And this applies not only to Skype. Many games and communication programs need manual configuration. And regarding the connection, instructions are attached to the headphones. It describes in detail how to connect to a computer or phone (tablet) and how to use them. Therefore, read the instructions. All the information you need is there.
Hello. This indicates that you do not have Bluetooth or headphone drivers installed. Some devices connected via Bluetooth require additional drivers and sometimes control programs to be installed. In general, all devices require drivers, but most drivers are in the operating system itself, and when connected, WIndows itself detects the necessary software. But, it also happens that the necessary software is not in the system and it simply cannot determine what to do when connected. In this case, an automatic disconnection occurs. The solution for you is to try to install the Bluetooth drivers, and also check if there is a driver disc included with the headphones (the disc will contain drivers containing all the necessary protocols for streaming data). If there is no disk, then again on the Internet you can read the description of the headphones and find instructions specifically for your model of headphones. The instructions will tell you if you need to install any drivers. If not needed, then just install the appropriate drivers for Bluetooth. Such drivers must have all the necessary protocols to support all Bluetooth communication functions. In your case, I cannot specifically describe the instructions, since I do not know the model of your headphones.
How to connect Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones. How to use Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones
If you listen to “ears” in pairs, they work
4 hours. And if you listen to the tracks alone, then the device’s performance will increase by 1 hour. The Bluetooth headset is connected in the same way. both to the iPhone and to the Android.
- Hold the touchpad of one earbud.
- The phone settings will display “MI AirDots BASIC_R” or “MI AirDots BASIC_L”. whichever you choose. For example, the left one. While it blinks frequently, it means looking for the right one. 15 seconds after activation, it will blink less often. from this moment the earpiece is activated as an independent device. It’s ready to pair with your phone.
And yes! The sound of the AirDots babies is what you need. With bass too. But only on condition that you choose the right ear pads that come with the kit. They should fit snugly into the ear canal. A sure sign of “your” size. when “ears” are not felt when worn.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your phone
The Xiaomi AirDots feature is the touch panels on the outside of each earphone. They can be used to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to the phone.
- Press and hold both earbuds until you see a double purple-red flashing. This is a signal that you have reset the settings.
- Put them in the charging box for a while, take them out and wait for the devices to “find” each other. As soon as this happens, you will see a pale purple blinking of the right earbud. He is in charge.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone. Available devices will be labeled “MI AirDots BASIC_R”. These are your headphones. The phone will connect to the right one, and that will connect to the left.
Sometimes AirDots sync separately. The reason. the left “ear” “loses” the right.
4 things to do if one wireless earbud doesn’t work.
- Disconnect the two earbuds: hold down both touchpads until the red indicators light up.
- Hold for 30-50 seconds: first, the white indicator will turn on, then, after 10-20 seconds, it will light up in red-white. The indicator will blink 2 times.
- Continue to hold until they flicker a couple of times and go out for a few seconds. Then they flicker a couple more times. this means that the settings have been reset.
- Now put the “ears” in the case and get both out soon. The left one will look for the right one, synchronizes with it, and you can connect to the phone.
How Xiaomi Wireless Headphones Work
If you take the earpiece out of your ear, music doesn’t stop like AirPods. The devices are disconnected only in the case, and are connected back to the phone when they are taken out:
- put only the left one in the case, it will turn off, and the right one will work;
- remove right. both turn off.
The headphones work with voice assistants Siri, Google Assistant, Alice. The controls are intuitive:
- 1 touch. pause or answer a call;
- double. call the voice assistant. The only thing that is inconvenient: when you want to fix the earpiece and accidentally press the touch panel, the music will stop;
- holding one or more seconds. call cancellation;
- double tap during a call. mute the microphone.
How to charge wireless headphones
Xiaomi AirDots charges the case, and it itself lives on from micro usb. Not 1.5 hours. as the manufacturer says.
45 minutes. The case is equipped with a 350 mAh battery, it is enough for three recharges.
- If the diode does not flicker and glows red, the battery is charging.
- White color indicates 100% battery charge.
AirDots headphones won’t connect
When, after several attempts, the headphones do not connect to the laptop, disappear from visible devices, or lose their active connection during use:
- Turn off the headphones by taking those out of the case.
- Hold the keys on both “ears” for 15 seconds until the white LED triple blinks.
- Put the headset back in the case to charge it.
- Go back to “Bluetooth and others” on the computer and connect the earbuds.
- Confirm syncing between devices.
- Check their performance by launching a musical composition.
On PC, the control keys do not work at all or use a single tap to pause the music player.
Important! The signal transmission quality depends on the distance between the headphones and the Bluetooth adapter installed in the PC. The reason for the interruption of active creation is a loaded connection (the computer maintains communication with several devices) and frequency noises, for example, in a cafe or other public places.
How to connect AirDots to a computer?
If you’ve connected your wireless headphones to another device, you’ll need to untie them first:
- Go to Bluetooth settings.
- Find in the list of synchronized “Redmi AirDots” or “AirDots BASIC_R”.
- Open the menu of auxiliary functions (its launch differs depending on the OS used).
- Click on Forget / Delete Device.
- Refresh the list to make sure the headphones are gone.
This operation is necessary so that when the headset is connected, it does not try to sync with several nearby devices. Otherwise, there is a chance of malfunction and distorted audio transmission. The exceptions are cases when the user turns off Bluetooth on the smartphone upon returning home to connect to the computer.
After completing the above condition or syncing the earbuds for the first time, do the following:
- Take both earbuds out of the case.
- If they are active, hold down the headset buttons for 10 seconds until the LEDs turn red.
- Press the buttons again with your fingers for 2-3 seconds. Synchronization of the right and left earphones will occur, which will be indicated by the white glow of the indicator.
- The completion of the operation will be accompanied by sound from the right earbud, after which its indicator will continue to glow white at a shorter frequency. The indicator on the left earphone turns off.
- Do not put the headphones in the case until the connection to the PC is established.
To connect to a Windows 10 computer or laptop:
- Open “Start”.
- In the lower left corner select “Options”.
- A window will open where you need to go to “Devices”.
- In the “Bluetooth and other” devices tab, activate the wireless connection by clicking on the corresponding toggle switch.
- In the list of devices available for connection, select “Redmi AirDots_R”.
- After a few seconds, the connection will be established and the notification indicators on the headset will turn off.
Attention! If you fail to connect the headphones the first time, unplug them from the device and repeat the steps described above. On other OS the path to Bluetooth setting looks similar.
How to connect Redmi AirDots headphones to a computer or laptop
Connect Redmi AirDots to a computer or laptop via a Bluetooth wireless network, which requires a built-in module or an external adapter supporting the technology of the same name.
The Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Wireless Headset connects to any device with multimedia functionality, including PCs and laptops. Synchronization issues are often caused by connecting to multiple devices.
The gadget will not work if it is not charged, so place it in a case to fill the battery before using it. If the indicator is red, Redmi AirDots are charging, if white. they are ready for use.
Take the headset out of the case and wait a couple of seconds. the earbuds should sync with each other. When the left catches the signal from the right, sync is complete, as indicated by an indicator that will flash white.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones. second way:
- Take them out of the case.
- Hold the touchpads on both headphones.
- There should be a couple of flashes of red and white light. hold the touch buttons.
- There will be another blink of both colors.
- Place the accessory back into the case.
- Take it out and wait a little. fast flashes become slow at the right earpiece.
- Then just plug the headphones into your phone.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones to the phone: instruction
Wireless headphones have been the flagship accessory of the past few years. and more people are replacing “wires” with a more comfortable headset. Therefore, now many brands focus their production on such gadgets. The Chinese brand Xiaomi also does not stand aside. in the spring of 2019, the manufacturer released the new Xiaomi Redmi AirDots, also known as Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic. According to buyers, they provide good performance and great sound. How to deal with connecting them to a smartphone. we will discuss in this article.
How to connect both earbuds:
- Take the headphones out of the case.
- Open the “Bluetooth” tab on your phone located in the “Settings”.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Update” button to search for new devices.
- In the list, select the name of the accessory “Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_R (Right. right earphone)”.
- Click on the name and confirm the connection request.
- Next, you will see your accessory in the list of “Paired devices”. connected devices.
- In the menu, you will see information about the status of the headphones and the battery level.
Done! You can now listen to music.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones
To connect headphones, you only need a Bluetooth-enabled phone and the accessory itself.
Please note that turning on and off the gadget occurs as a result of removing or putting the headphones back into the case, respectively. So do not try to find any buttons with which you can activate them.
What you need to know about connection
Let’s pay attention to some nuances that are useful to know and take into account when it becomes necessary to connect Redmi AirDots.
Connection and control features:
- Remember the indicator colors: red means there is no battery charge at the moment, white means ready for use, full charge.
- The sound volume is controlled only by the rocker on the smartphone itself.
- The connection methods are the same on Android and IOS.
- Recharging the battery takes about 45 minutes.
- Battery life: about 3-4 hours.
- To use only the right or only the left earphone, remove one device from the case, and leave the second there, wait until the frequent flashes change to slow ones and connect in the usual way.
- The headset is connected to the computer in the same way.
What to do if headphones won’t connect
Many people ask this question when the gadget cannot sync with the phone, or the name of the wireless headphones has disappeared from the list of paired devices.
Instructions for returning the accessory to work are as follows:
- Take the AirDots out of the case, they must be turned off.
- Hold the touchpad on each earbud for up to 15 seconds.
- After triple blinking, put the earbuds in the case and let them charge.
- Go to the “Bluetooth” page on your phone and remove the name of the gadget from the list.
- Finally, go through the entire connection process from the beginning.
Connecting AirPods to a computer or laptop on Windows 7, 8, 10
The Apple AirPods wireless headset is one of the best-selling headphones on the market, because these headphones are practical and comfortable compared to their counterparts. They produce the highest quality sound and work stably with Apple devices, but they can also be connected to Android devices. Easily connect AirPods to your computer. They will work fine with a Windows based PC if it has a Bluetooth modem.
- What you need to connect AirPods to PC
- Instructions for connecting AirPods to a computer or laptop on Windows 7, 8, 10
- Disadvantages of PC connection
- What other devices can I connect AirPods to?
- What to do if you have a problem
What you need to connect AirPods to PC
- Bluetooth modem.
- Required drivers for your device.
- Your PC or laptop must support wireless headset connection.
Disadvantages of PC connection
In principle, we figured out how to connect AirPods to Windows 7, 8, 10, but in the process some troubles may arise. After all, when AirPods are connected to non-Apple devices, they get limited functionality. The user cannot:
- see the headphone charging status on the device screen;
- use the function of quickly switching headphones between different devices.
If you connect AirPods to Apple and Android devices, you can use the touchpad functionality, but in the case of a PC or laptop, the touchpad will not work. But despite this, the headphones will work stably anyway, and the sound quality will be excellent.
What other devices can I connect AirPods to?
Also, in addition to Windows devices, you can connect your Apple wireless headphones to any other Bluetooth-enabled device. Whether it’s a tablet, iWatch, PDA, Android phone or other OS.
Instructions for connecting AirPods to a computer or laptop on Windows 7, 8, 10
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on our device.
- We pair the headphones with the device.
- On the case (and the charger at the same time), press the button and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Wait until the indicator near the button on the charging box starts to glow. This blinking indicates that the headphones and PC / laptop have completed the process of identifying each other.
- All that’s left is the standard procedure for connecting a conventional wireless headset to your device.
What to do if you have problems
Although Apple promises us the stable operation of AirPods even when pairing them with other devices, various problems may occur. In order to get rid of these problems, you need to restart your headphones. Reboot algorithm for this headphone model:
- you need to hold down the button on the charging case for a certain time until the amber indicator flashes;
- after the indicator lights up, close the lid of the charging box;
- after that we just re-pair.
Now you know how to connect Apple AirPods to your laptop or PC and get the most out of them.
If the headphones have just been purchased and are not yet tied to any device, then in order for them to be seen when searching in the system, you need to carry out the initial setup:
- take the headphones out of the case;
- if they are charged, they will turn on, which will be seen by flashing signals on the body of each. Otherwise, they need to be charged;
- hold down the buttons on both headphones for 10-15 seconds. The lights should start flashing red;
- release the buttons and hold them down again for 3-5 seconds. This is necessary to connect the headphones to each other. This will be indicated by the white color of the indicator.
If everything is done correctly, the right earpiece will notify you of a successful connection in English. You can also understand that everything is working by the indicators: on the right white color will flash slowly, and the left one will go out. Now you can start connecting to your computer.
For Windows 7
On Windows 7, the process is not much different, but a short description of the course of action will not be superfluous.
- The first steps are identical: open “Start”, start typing “bluetooth” into the search.
- Select the “bluetooth kit” setting.
- The window that opens will show the devices already synchronized with the computer. To add a new one, you need to find the button “Add device” in the top panel.
- In the window that opens, select headphones and click “Next” in the lower right corner of the window.
The connection starts, after which you can use the device.
For Windows 10
There are two ways to connect airdots to a computer or laptop on Windows 10: through the settings and on the focusing panel. In the first case it is necessary:
- in the lower left corner of the screen, click the “Start” button;
- a magnifying glass will appear next to it. a search icon. It may also be right next to the Start button in the bottom bar depending on your settings;
- start dialing “Bluetooth”. After 2-3 characters, the very first button should be the “Settings for Bluetooth and other devices”. Click on it;
- if Bluetooth is off, move the slider to the working position;
- in the upper part, find a large button in the form of a plus inside a square and click on it;
- in the window that opens, press the “Bluetooth” button;
- after searching, select the headphones and click on them. The connection will start. If you need a password, drive in “0000”.
The second method is shorter, but it works only if the “focus of attention” function is enabled on the computer, which is responsible for user notifications like the top curtain on android or iOS.
- In the lower right corner, find the notification button.
- A panel will drop out, at the bottom of which basic settings will be located, including Bluetooth.
- Right click on Bluetooth settings.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Go to parameters”.
- The further course of action is similar to the previous method, starting from the 4th point.
After that, you can easily use the headphones on your PC.
Connecting Xiaomi AirDots Wireless Headphones to a Computer or Laptop
Appliances and electronics from Xiaomi are one of the most popular in the world due to the value for money. Wireless headphones “Xiaomi Redmi Air Dots” are no exception. At a cost like budget wired models, they provide good sound quality, convenience and hold a charge for a long time. The only controversial point is the way the headphones are connected. Because of its confusion, joyful shoppers quickly lose their positive emotions and go online to make them work. This article covers how to connect Xiaomi AirDots to a computer.
What is needed to connect to a computer
To connect wireless headphones, either a 2.4Ghz channel or a bluetooth connection is required. Mode 1 models are expensive and are usually full-size options rather than walking plugs. Airdots are connected via Bluetooth, for which there must be a corresponding module in the equipment to which they need to be connected. It is found in all smartphones, tablets, laptops. In full-fledged home computers, Bluetooth is rarely installed and only in expensive models of motherboards.
A bluetooth adapter, a small device connected via USB, will help solve the problem. It can be plugged into the slot on the back of the PC to keep it out of the way.
The connection method depends on several factors: whether the headphones have already been paired with another device, what operating system is used on the computer, and so on.
Differences from AirDots Pro
The method of connecting the Pro-version of “Airdots” is different. They do not need to be removed from the case, but instead press the button on the side of the case. You can connect to a PC after the indicator on the case starts blinking.
Connecting if the headphones are already paired with another device
It happens that you need to reconnect headphones to a computer or laptop when they were previously used with a smartphone. When you try to connect them, they will automatically sync with the last connected device. To avoid connection, you can turn off Bluetooth on your smartphone. But in this case, it is not guaranteed that the headphones will be able to connect to the computer, because they will continue to search for the phone. To avoid this, you need:
- connect headphones to the phone;
- go to the smartphone settings;
- go to the tab with Bluetooth devices;
- find Redmi AirDots or AirDots BASIC_AIR depending on the batch of headphones. old or new;
- forget or delete the selected device.
After that, the headphones will be untied from the smartphone and they can be connected to another device without any problems.
AirDots won’t connect to computer
Something can go wrong at any stage. To improve the chances of a successful connection, you need to find out exactly what is causing the devices to fail to sync.
- If there is no Bluetooth section in the settings, then you should check if the adapter is connected to the computer, whether it works or not.
- Re-enabling Bluetooth to make sure the headphones are no longer connected to the phone will help. If you connect to it, then you need to “forget” them, as described above.
If you cannot understand the reason for the connection failure, you can try resetting the headphones to factory settings:
- put the headphones in the case;
- get them out and hold down until the red indicator lights up;
- hold down the keys again, wait until they start blinking alternately in red and white, but do not release;
- when the lights go out and then light up again, release the buttons;
- put the headphones in the case, wait 30 seconds.
Next, you need to make sure that the device is removed from all devices with which it was paired before the reset, and try again to connect via Bluetooth.
Connecting the headphones from Xiaomi is more difficult than that of the competition. But if you follow all the steps, then there will be no special problems.