How to Connect Phone to LG Smart TV
This method of connecting these devices is also possible. Yes, it will not allow you to duplicate the image from the tablet display to the TV, but you will be able to use the gadget as a USB drive acting as a signal source. In this case, data management is carried out using a TV interface, and a modern TV set is able to “read” not only most video and audio formats, but also common formats of text documents and presentations. Thanks to this, you can turn your TV into an advanced whiteboard for presentations and slideshows from your favorite photos.
How to connect? It’s very simple: take a “micro USB” cable (or “mini USB”. depending on what type of output your smartphone has), plug one end into a special connector on the phone, and the other into one of the USB ports on the back of the TV. Do not forget to turn off both devices in advance so that when you turn them on, you get a working connection that does not require any edits.
This concludes the “wired” connection methods, we pass on to the description of wireless ones, through which you can set up the operation of devices.
We connect the phone via USB to the TV TV
We connect the phone to a TV with SMART TV via a USB cable Here I tell you how to connect the phone to
The advantages of this connection method are that the TV does not have to have a “Smart” prefix, it is enough to have a USB port that does not correspond to an item in the signal sources menu.
The most common and easy way. Of the main requirements, only the presence of the corresponding USB connectors on the TV and smartphone should be noted. After connecting the last TV, it will recognize it as a regular removable device (flash drive) and launch the file manager. Most office and media files can be opened with it.
Advice! If your TV has an HDMI connector, you can use an adapter from HDMI to microUSB.
Despite the fact that the technology is not new, it has gained real popularity only in recent years. Paradoxically, modern smartphones are hardly equipped with mini- and micro-HDMI connectors in comparison with their predecessors. The dramatic breakthrough in wireless technology has pushed a very interesting feature into the background. But in vain.
Screen broadcasting via HDMI cable is very similar to Miracast technology, but it has no delays and better picture quality. This is due to the wired data transfer. So, to turn it on, you need the corresponding ports on the phone and TV. And if any do the following:
- Unplug your TV.
- Connect the devices to each other using an HDMI cable.
- Turn on the TV and if the automatic broadcast setup did not occur, change the signal source to HDMI1 or HDMI2 (depending on the connector to which you connected).
Here, as in the case of Miracast, you will see the image from the phone on the Smart TV screen.
Attention! Similar methods of interaction are implemented on all modern panels from Samsung, LG, etc.
This concludes my instructions. Now you know how to connect your smartphone to your TV via Wi-Fi, USB and HDMI. If you are familiar with any other method. you are welcome in the comments.
In this way, you can connect your LG TV to a mobile phone of the same name that supports Smart Share. TV under such circumstances is obliged to “Smart”.
First, you need to connect the TV, not your phone, to your home Wi-Fi network (read how to do this in this manual). And then, just activate the Smart Share function first on the TV, and finally on the phone.
Subsequently, you can use all the features of this proprietary function from LG, nettle, display the image on a large screen.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV via Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB
Smartphones that have appeared relatively recently are developing by leaps and bounds, offering users an ever wider range of opportunities: high-speed Internet access, all kinds of applications, social networks and exciting games have long become the norm for the owner of a “smart” phone. In search of expanding the capabilities of their gadgets, users are increasingly looking to learn how to connect a smartphone to a TV in order to use the latter as a solid-sized display. This will allow you to watch movies (stored in the memory of the gadget) on a full screen, take a completely new look at your favorite games and bring communication with friends on social networks or via Skype to a new level.
The purpose of this article is to acquaint you with the basic methods of connecting a smartphone to a TV. If you came to this page, you probably know why you need to create this type of connection. Therefore, it makes no sense to waste your time on a long introductory part, it is better to go straight to the description of specific methods and actions.
This method is not in vain brought to the first place: HDMI has recently gained immense popularity, and connectors of this type can be found on most modern electronic devices (smartphones are no exception). HDMI is loved by users for its high quality and bit rate in digital format. Just one cable allows you to set up “sending” both video and audio signals to the TV.
It is not difficult to guess that a prerequisite for connecting your smartphone to a TV via HDMI will be the presence of the same-named connectors in both devices (in smartphones you can find micro-HDMI or mini-HDMI). You can verify their presence by reading the instructions, or visually (on the TV they are located on the back panel, in the smartphone, most often next to the USB connector).
The connection is created as follows: turn off the tablet and TV, then, after connecting both devices with an HDMI cable, turn them on. In most cases, after switching on, the connection will be automatically set up, the result of which will be the activation of the “mirrorring” function, in which the image from the smartphone display will begin to broadcast to the TV.
If automatic configuration did not happen, you can do it manually: for this, go to the menu of both devices. In the TV set, select the signal source “HDMI” (if there are several HDMI connectors on the back of the TV, indicate the number of the one used), and on the tablet, activate the signal transmission function via HDMI. That’s all. This completes the connection process. Moving on to the next method.
Important! If your phone does not have a micro-HDMI connector, you can use a special micro-USB to HDMI converter. It is able to convert the signal from micro USB and prepare it for sending to the TV in such a way that the latter recognizes it without any problems.
This method is suitable for connecting all smartphones that support Wi-Fi Direct technology to TV. Like women, on TV, besides that, she will fit.
Its which slot slots possess is without the need to connect to a Wi-Fi router.
To connect you need:
- in the phone go to where “Wireless networks”, find there do not activate the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- on the TV, open where the “Network” menu is not among the connection methods, select do not activate Wi-Fi Direct.
- after activation, the name of your smartphone should appear in the list of available devices. Click there to send a connection request.
- confirm the connection of devices by pressing “Yes” on the phone
As we now understand, our client is not as difficult as it seems. We hope we were able to help you. If you have any questions. ask them in the comments.
How to connect your smartphone to your LG smart TV. Ways to connect a smartphone to a TV
Our smartphones have become multifunctional devices. They are capable of performing the role of a player, remote control and even a remote interface. Interaction with modern Smart TV devices is no exception. Let’s look at how to connect a smartphone to a TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI and what opportunities this opens up for us.
The types of pairing between the phone and the “box” depend on their functional features. And if they have USB connectors or a Wi-Fi module. congratulations, they will be able to contact. Now let’s take a closer look at each of the methods.
Miracast is a new Wi-Fi data transmission standard based on Wi-Fi Direct technology. This function allows the smartphone to directly transmit the signal to the TV, thereby broadcasting everything that happens on the screen. Photos, clips and other media content will now be displayed on your panel in one click. For this you need:
- Turn on the TV, press the “Settings” button and go to the “Network” tab.
- Open the item “Miracast / Intel’s WiDi”.
- Toggle slider to On.
Now let’s move on to setting up the smartphone. For this:
- Open the shutter, press and hold the “Broadcast”, “Wireless Display” or “Miracast” button until you go to settings.
Attention! The function is available only since Android 4.2 and is not implemented on all devices.
Now the picture from the phone will be exactly broadcast on TV.
Advice! For widescreen display of the picture, enable auto-rotate on your smartphone and flip it horizontally.
With this feature, users can view files from a mobile device on a TV. You shouldn’t expect live streaming, but this technology is also useful and finds application in many situations. To create a connection you need:
- Open on the phone “Options”. “Wi-Fi”. “Additional settings”. “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- Activate device search.
Now let’s move on to the TV:
- Turn on the TV, click the “Settings” button and go to the “Network” tab.
- Open Wi-Fi Direct.
- Activate the function and after finding the mobile device, click on it.
- Agree with the connection to the smartphone on TV and confirm the operation on the phone itself.
Then launch the LG Remote or Smart Share app built into the TV and view all the contents of the mobile phone.
Wireless connection methods
The development of wireless technology has provided a wide variety of ways to connect in this way. Each TV manufacturer is trying to release a unique application that provides a connection with a smartphone via Wi-Fi.
So, LG TVs offer the ability to connect via Smart Share, a software product that allows you to connect a compatible phone of the same brand to a TV via Wi-Fi (due to the fact that LG Smart TVs in most cases are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module, no problem connection should not occur). It is enough to have a configured home Wi-Fi network, connect both devices (smartphone and TV) to it and activate the Smart Share function on them.
Another giant of the entertainment industry, Samsung, offers its users the AllShare function (as a simple and reliable way to connect a smartphone to a TV). The essence of the connection is not much different from LG models (with Smart Share): set up a home network, connect both devices to it and activate the function responsible for the wireless connection.
Apple users have the option to connect a smartphone (usually an iPhone) to a TV via AirPlay. The technology implies the use of a special set-top box for the TV, thanks to which the connection is established in just a few clicks on the phone, does not require even the slightest adjustment from the user, and also provides high quality information transfer. The only condition for smooth operation is that the connected devices must be in the same Wi-Fi network.
We examined the “unique” ways to connect a smartphone to a TV, inherent in any one technology manufacturer. It remains to say a few words about universal connection methods that also use Wi-Fi wireless technology.
Using Wi-Fi Direct
This option is suitable for TV panels with a built-in wireless adapter and support for the Wi-Fi Direct function, which is responsible for finding networks to connect. On mobile gadgets with Android OS, this function is supported from version 4 and higher.
Connecting devices over the air does not require a router connection. All manipulations are performed in the settings of the TV receiver and smartphone. The order is as follows.
- Activate the desired command in the settings of the mobile gadget in the “Wireless networks” section (Wi-Fi Direct or additional settings).
- On the TV in the “Network” section, enable the network search function.
- After the Smart-TV system determines the devices available for connection, a list of them will appear on the screen. You need to select the name of the smartphone and initiate the connection.
- Wait for the signals from the paired smartphone to start playing on the TV.
Technology does not work on older TV models and mobile devices.
How to connect a smartphone to an LG TV
Modern electronic technology allows devices to be connected to each other. So the owners of the equipment, if necessary, can connect the phone to the LG TV. Pairing these devices opens up the following possibilities.
- You can watch photos and videos from the smartphone camera on the big screen of the TV panel.
- Project a movie found on the Internet from a smartphone to a TV screen for more convenient viewing.
- Play mobile online games on the big screen.
- Browse the web on the big screen.
- Read e-books from a mobile app.
- Demonstrate various presentations from your mobile phone.
- Skype communication.
- Use a smartphone instead of a remote control.
The developers have provided several options for connecting the phone to an LG TV. At the same time, various technologies of signal exchange are used: through cable interfaces and wireless. How you can connect a smartphone to an LG TV, we will describe below.
Smart Share (LG phones only)
For wireless communication of LG brand technology, there is a proprietary Screen Share / Smart Share technology. For synchronous operation, the TV and LG smartphone must be part of the same Wi-Fi network. Making a connection is simple: just activate the Screen Share function on both devices, wait for the phone to be identified and confirm the connection.
The Miracast connection assumes that the TV panel and the mobile gadget are connected via a router to the home network. To connect to LG TV using this option, follow these steps.
Modern TVs are equipped with multiple HDMI ports. If your smartphone has a mini HDMI port, the physical connection is easy with an HDMImini-HDMI cable. It is more difficult to implement connecting devices when the phone does not have the required connector. In this case, you have to purchase a special adapter and use an HDMI-HDMI cable.
The communication setup procedure is as follows.
- The cable connects to your TV and phone. It is important to remember the number of the used port on the TV panel.
- In the TV menu, select the port corresponding to the physical connection as the signal source.
- Communication between devices is established automatically.
The main condition for the implementation of such a solution is that the devices have the necessary connectors and support the selected connection technology. HDMI connection provides complete duplication of images and sound from a smartphone on a TV-panel. USB connection makes it possible to connect a smartphone to TV as a USB flash drive.
Synchronization of the smartphone and TV receiver wirelessly is carried out via a Wi-Fi adapter. Modern LG Smart TV panels and Android smartphones support this technology. You can sync your phone with your TV using different Wi-Fi connection options.
Via USB port
The USB connection is used to transfer files to the Smart TV memory or play back photo collections and movies. For physical connection, a standard interface is used that is included with the smartphone. Setting up communication consists of two steps: selecting a USB signal source on the TV and the “Connect as a USB flash drive” mode on a smartphone.
Some LG TVs do not support USB device. Despite the fact that the connector itself is provided on the device, the phone is not connected, since the port is marked with the symbols “service only” or “remote control”. This port is intended solely for diagnostic or repair work and is blocked from other connections.
Modern digital devices support a convenient wireless data transmission technology called Miracast. The method must be supported by both devices, as well as the use of one common Wi-Fi network.
The technology allows you to comfortably broadcast the image to the screen, play games and watch videos. There are practically no restrictions on viewing.
- in the TV settings in the “Network” section, the Miracast function is activated;
- this type of connection is also launched on the smartphone;
- to start the broadcast, you just need to lower the upper curtain on the smartphone.
It should be noted that not all Android versions are suitable for this type of connection. Sometimes you may not find a similar option in the settings. The solution in some cases may be the installation of additional software.
Image transmission from mobile devices from Apple is possible using the AirPlay system. The most important condition for using this option is the presence of an Apple TV set-top box. It is small in size and significantly expands the functionality.
The set-top box connects to the router via a wireless connection. And the iPhone uses the same network.
To transfer the image on the smartphone, you need to find the AirPlay button in the main menu. A list of devices that can receive information will open. The used Apple TV box is selected from this list. When you click the “Video Replay” icon, all actions on the smartphone screen will be broadcast to the TV.
Control of video or music playback is performed by the phone, which in this case seems to be an excellent replacement for the traditional remote.
How to Connect Your Phone to a Smart TV: The 8 Best Ways
Owners of TVs with Smart TV support are thinking about the possibility of connecting a smartphone to it. It’s so convenient sometimes to display the image directly from the phone without having to look for something separately on TV. And the transfer of data in this case will be greatly simplified. There are many ways to combine two devices.
Features of connection and settings
Depending on the TV model, the process of connecting a smartphone and subsequent setup may differ.
To Samsung TV
The vast majority of Samsung TVs already have a built-in Wi-fi tuner, with which connecting the device to the internal network will not be a problem. In this case, it is enough just to turn on the SmartHub mode, which is responsible for a more convenient location of the control buttons.
Once connected, you can use one of the most common wireless methods: Miracast or Wi-fi Direct. Samsung devices support both technologies.
For owners of smartphones from Samsung, it becomes possible to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using the Screen Mirroring function. You need to enable it in the smartphone settings, and then select your TV from the drop-down list. And now the image from the phone is broadcast to the big screen.
To LG TV
TVs from LG provide for connection to a smartphone via USB cable or Wi-fi Direct. But if the brands of TV and smartphone match, the Smart Share function will be available to directly transfer the image to the screen. Connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via Wi-Fi won’t be a problem.
The latest Smart TV models run on the webOS operating system. The possibilities of this firmware are enough for comfortable broadcasting of images from the phone. We should also highlight the ability to play audio through the TV even when the screen is off.
With a Chromecast set-top box, you can easily connect your smartphone and TV via wireless interfaces. In this case, there are no special requirements for the TV, since the main work will be done by the Chromecast itself.
The set-top box is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and becomes its “brain”. The set-top box has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, which can be comfortably used to synchronize digital devices.
- Google Chromecast set-top box connects to the TV;
- connected to a Wi-Fi network;
- the Google Home program is installed on the mobile device;
- an account is created and the software is pre-configured.
Now when you press the broadcast key, the entire image from the smartphone screen will be transferred to the TV screen.
Lightning for iPhone
You can connect iPhone to Smart TV using the included Lightning cable, which has a USB output for TV.
- TV and smartphone are connected via cable;
- in the settings you need to specify the smartphone as a signal source.
The process is very similar to a standard USB cable connection. And the result is the same. The phone does not broadcast the image to the big screen, but will function like a regular flash drive.
A dedicated HDMI cable is better for transferring images directly from iPhone to TV.
MHL systems have been specifically designed to combine HDMI and micro-USB functionality. This approach made it possible to transfer not only the image, but also high-quality sound from mobile devices to the TV. With this connection, the smartphone is also charged.
It is the simultaneous transmission of video and sound that distinguishes MHL from traditional HDMI interfaces. However, there are also disadvantages, the main of which is the impossibility of simultaneously connecting an external drive to the gadget.
Connecting via MHL is not much different from a regular USB connection. Here it is enough just to connect the wire and select the device as the main signal source.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your phone to your Smart TV. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages that determine its use.
The USB connection does not imply direct display of the image to the screen. In this case, we are talking about using a smartphone as an external storage device. Opportunities for transferring and playing specific files will open, but it will be impossible to use mobile applications.
Almost all smartphones connect like this:
- using a standard USB cable, the jack in the phone is connected to the corresponding jack on the TV;
- USB input is selected in the list of signal sources on the TV.
If your TV has multiple USB ports, you may need to specify the corresponding number.
After connecting from the TV, you can open the directories of the smartphone and play or move any files from there.
This connection method assumes that the TV has a Wi-Fi adapter. Not all models are equipped with this component, so it’s best to find out in advance. Wi-Fi connection additionally requires a smartphone with Android operating system at least version 4.
The process boils down to a few simple steps:
- in the settings section on your smartphone, you need to select the “Wi-Fi Direct” item and enable this function;
- the device will automatically search for available networks and display them on the screen;
- at this time on the TV, you also need to enable the “Wi-Fi Direct” function, which is most often located in the “Network” settings section;
- a list of devices available for connection will appear on the screen, among which you need to find a smartphone and connect to it.
When connected, the TV will send a request to the phone to confirm the operation, after which the signal from the smartphone will be broadcast on the screen along with sound.
DLNA is a set of digital standards that open up vast possibilities for creating a home network. Any devices that support this standard can be combined. At the same time, any media files can be easily transmitted in high quality.
Making a connection may seem a little more complicated than using other methods:
- you will need to provide a common Wi-Fi network and connect all devices to it;
- a special application is installed on the smartphone to create a server for the exchange of information (for Android systems, this is the BubbleUPnP program).
This technology allows you to transfer audio, video and photos to your TV. However, there may be problems with the direct transmission of the image to the screen, since such an opportunity is not provided here.
Wi-Fi Direct Connection
This type of connection is suitable for owners of modern TV models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter and Wi-Fi Direct function. This type of connection does not need to be connected to a router. As a rule, Wi-Fi can only be connected to smart Smart TV. You also need to have Android 4.0 or higher installed on your mobile phone.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Take your smartphone, open the main menu, and then go to the “Settings” section. Go to the subsection “Wireless networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi”. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select “Wi-Fi Direct”. If there is no such command, then select “Advanced settings”.
- As a result, an automatic search for networks will be launched for subsequent connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command.
- This will search for devices available for synchronization. To connect a TV and a smartphone, you just need to select a mobile phone model from the list. A connection confirmation request will be sent to the device, it must be approved.
- After a few seconds, the smartphone and TV are synchronized. The signal from the mobile will be broadcast to the big screen, the sound will also be transmitted.
- there is no need to pull a wire across the room;
- does not require a Wi-Fi router;
- you can reproduce medical content in various formats;
- all connectors and inputs are free, so the phone can be charged;
- implemented the possibility of Internet surfing.
- “Wi-Fi Direct” technology is not implemented on old smartphones and TVs;
- mobile phone battery runs out quickly.
If the cellular is configured to the TV via Wi-Fi, then the user can not only play content, but also open applications. this is a big plus.
Via Wi-Fi using Miracast
We are talking about a modern data transmission standard, the essence lies in the use of wireless channels. If the TV supports this interface, then you can broadcast various content to the big screen. You can also play games, run applications.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the subsection “Network”.
- Activate Miracast option.
- Take your smartphone and lower the curtain to start the broadcast.
Not all versions of the Android operating system support this functionality. The name of the function in question may vary depending on the device model, but the essence is always the same. If you cannot find this command, install an application from Google Play, for example, Miracast. Wi-Fi Display. Launch it and activate the image transfer function.
Immediately after starting the Miracast function, it will automatically search for devices available for connection, select your TV. Then you need to confirm the synchronization using the remote control. This will start image transfer. If the picture is not displayed in full screen, then just turn the mobile phone over, i.e. it should be in a horizontal position.
This method is considered the easiest. It is desirable that the mobile phone or tablet be equipped with a mini HDMI interface, which will provide a direct connection to a TV. However, this is very rare, so most likely the user will have to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to LV TV? Follow the step-by-step algorithm:
- One end of the cable must be inserted into the connector located on the back of the TV, and the other into the port on the smartphone. Insert the adapter into the micro USB interface. Remember the HDMI port number where the cable was inserted.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, and then open the tab to select the signal source (or press the Input button on the remote control). It is necessary to select the HDMI input with the same number into which the cable was inserted in the previous step. Usually he is the only one active and available for selection.
- This will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. That is, this is done so that the image is displayed in full screen.
When the devices are connected by cable, the cellular desktop appears on the TV screen. Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo smartphones are connected to the TV using an identical algorithm, there are certain differences in the process of setting up the iPhone (requires a Lightning to HDMI adapter).
- you can ensure uninterrupted operation of the cellular by connecting a charger via USB (if there is a direct mini HDMI output);
- the TV will work as a monitor, that is, the image is duplicated.
- not all smartphones support HDMI connection;
- often have to buy an adapter.
Convenient and simplest way to synchronize mobile device and TV.
We connect the smartphone to the LG TV via Wi-Fi and not only
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone and TV. Some options transform a smartphone into a real smart set-top box, while others, on the contrary, only allow you to play media content stored on a cellular device.
If you don’t know how to connect mobile phone to LG TV, then this article will be helpful for you. Now let’s look at the instructions for synchronizing mobile and television equipment. As a result, each user will be able to choose the option that suits him.
What will connect the phone to the TV
First of all, connecting the phone to the TV will significantly expand the functionality of the equipment. The smartphone transforms into a kind of projector, since a signal is transmitted from it, and the image is broadcast on a large screen. Thus, each user will be able to:
- play videos, view photos and open other media content from your phone, and then project it onto a large screen;
- launch video games, instant messengers and all kinds of other applications downloaded from the market;
- surf the Internet, that is, open various websites;
- conduct all kinds of presentations, demonstrations, read literature in electronic format.
Controlling your TV from your phone is a convenient and practical solution. However, if you plan to play games, then it is better to connect a joystick.
If the user connects via Wi-Fi, the image from the phone is transmitted over the air. In all other cases, it is necessary to use special cables, interfaces, which, in fact, will be discussed below.
You can also download an app that turns your smartphone into a remote control. This is very convenient, especially in cases where the old remote control is lost or broken. For LG TVs, it is called LG TV Remote (link in Android Google Play, Apple AppStore).
If you plan to connect a smartphone to the TV via USB, then remember that the mobile device will be used as a flash drive. This means that the screen will not be duplicated. You cannot play games or run applications. Individual files can be played.
Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Samsung smartphones are connected according to a similar algorithm:
- Take the USB cable, which is included in the basic package of absolutely all mobile devices. Plug one end into the phone jack and plug the other into the port on the back of the TV.
- Open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source. USB input. Sometimes you need to select the input with the same number into which the cable was inserted.
When the devices are bound, an interface opens within which you can move and launch files. In general, the interface is very similar to the Windows Explorer. Controlled by a remote control.
Some TV models automatically scan connected devices for media files, and also prompt the user to play them.
- universality. absolutely all modern devices are equipped with a USB interface;
- there is no need to purchase additional cables, since the cord is included in the basic package of the mobile;
- during the operation of the device, it will be automatically charged, extending the battery life of the device.
- there is no ability to play content online;
- you cannot play games, use instant messengers and applications;
- Internet surfing is not possible.
As you can see, connecting a mobile phone to a TV device is much easier than it might seem at first. The most affordable options were considered above. Which to choose? It’s up to you to decide.
Internet connection via cable or Wi-Fi
The main condition for Smart TV to work is the presence of Internet access in the house. It is advisable to use a full-fledged high-speed line. this will make it possible to view programs in excellent quality, and will expand the possibilities of using Smart technology, for example:
- get access to Internet TV;
- play media content;
- run selected applications and video games.
There are two ways to connect: via cable or Wi-Fi.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image001.jpg “/ If there is only one cable in the house, you should install a special splitter, then connect the new cable directly to the LAN connector on the back of the TV.
- Turn on the TV, use the remote to enter the main menu and press the Home button.
- Then select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Here select the “Wired network” item and click the “Refresh” button.
- The appearance of the inscription “Done” will mean that the TV is connected to the Internet.
- Using the remote control, go to the main menu and press the “Home” button.
- Select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Stop at the item “Wireless network”, and in the list that appears, find your router.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and click “OK”.
When the connection icon appears, click on “Finish” and test LG Smart TV by going to a website.
How to connect smartphones on iOS
You can also pair your iPhone with your LG TV in different ways. The choice depends on the model, the purpose of the connection and the use of the smartphone.
To do this, you will need a cable from the iPhone, however, you can use the gadget only to view media files (photos, videos) stored in its memory. The advantage is the ability to charge the smartphone battery from the TV.
Via HDMI cable
This option is suitable with a special smartphone adapter. The adapter for old connectors is called Digital AV Adapter, for newer versions. AV Adapter Lightnig. After connection, the connection is made automatically, if no action followed, you should activate the function as a signal source.
This option is considered the simplest and most affordable.
- Install LG Smart Share app on TV and Twonky Beam on phone.
- In the latter, highlight the item “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- After that, select the media file intended for viewing and wait for the appearance of the inscription “beaming.”.
Step by step guide on how to set up Smart TV on LG TV
Modern TVs are not limited to showing channels of terrestrial, cable or satellite broadcasting. Today manufacturers equip equipment with wider functionality, so that users can not only watch their favorite TV shows, but also use the capabilities of the Internet and digital TV. Today we are going to talk about how to set up Smart TV on your LG TV to take full advantage of this technology.
To fully use the Smart function, install applications and widgets, you must register and create an account on the LG website. This can be done quickly in several stages.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image004.jpg “/ Open the Central Menu by clicking on the” Home “button.
Click on the “Login” button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image005.jpg “/
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image006.jpg “/ In the” Email “field write your e-mail address, enter your current password twice.
Then, using any device, enter the mailbox and open an email with a link to activate your account. If you immediately refuse to register through TV, you need to complete the procedure by following the instructions.
Return to Smart TV, press the Exit key, then reopen the menu and enter the system by entering new data. Check the box next to “Stay logged in”, but answer “No” to the question about entering additional data.
At this stage, the registration process is considered successfully completed, and the user can enjoy watching movies and broadcasts online, listening to music, visiting information and entertainment portals.
Adjusting channels and image parameters: step by step instructions
One of the key steps in setting up Smart TV LG and other models is finding and installing TV channels. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can set up digital TV within 10 minutes. The algorithm is quite simple and consists of several stages.
- Using the remote control, call the “Menu” and select the “Options” item.
- It is best to select “Finland” in the country selection list.
- In the “Settings” section, find the line “Autosearch”.
- After specifying the type of connection (for example, “Cable”), set the main parameters in the window that appears:
- Search type. Fast;
- Frequency. 98000;
- Modulation. 56 Qam;
- Symbol rate. 6952;
- Network ID. Auto.
Then activate the search for all available channels. Almost all LG TVs that support the Smart feature have an automatic update feature. By default, it is always on, so you need to deactivate it. Otherwise, the system will periodically return the parameters to the standard range. This in turn will cause the settings to fail and the channels to disappear. You can disable this option in the section “Digital cable settings”.
After the end of the search, you can sort the channels in any order using the program editor. To do this, in the “Automatic search” section, select the “Cable” tab, and uncheck the box next to the “Auto numbering” option.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV
Some users strive to fully use the capabilities of the Smart function, so they synchronize mobile and television equipment, turning the gadget into a real set-top box, or wanting to play media content on a wide screen. You can connect your phone to LG Smart TV in one of three available ways.
- Connect both devices with a cable by inserting the connector into a special socket on the TV case.
- On the screen, select the option “Connect as USB storage”.
- Select the connected model in the menu from the list of available devices.
- On a mobile device in the “Wireless connections” tab and in the TV settings in the “Network” section, activate the “Wi-F-Direct” option.
- In the list of devices that appears, select your model and connect to it.
It is convenient to synchronize your smartphone and LG TV using “Smart Share”. To do this, you just need to connect both devices to your home Wi-Fi network, and then activate this function on them.
What to do if Smart TV does not work?
Many users of the Korean manufacturer’s TVs are faced with the “unwillingness” of Smart TVs to function properly. There may be several reasons, and the most common are the following.
TV does not turn on
Check the network for electricity, and the power supply for operability. To do this, connect the device to a different outlet.
Wrong source selection during installation
In “Settings” switch the mode. For example, instead of “HDMI” select “Terrestrial TV”.
Choose a more recent version of the operating system and correctly update the firmware
Lack of access to some functions of the Smart platform
Check the availability of the Internet and the correctness of the connection.
Hardware malfunctions (matrix or backlight burnout, technical malfunctions)
Contact the service center
LG Smart TV is able to fully satisfy the requirements of advanced users who are actively interested in modern technologies. Knowing how to properly set up free channels on LG Smart TVs, owners will be able to watch their favorite shows and exciting broadcasts over the Internet without using additional equipment and third-party applications. And by synchronizing television and mobile equipment, they will be able to view stored media files on a wide screen.