How to Connect Joystick to Android
There are cases when you need to connect the joystick to an Android TV. Connection methods may vary, depending on the types of devices. To connect joysticks from xbox and Wii, special applications are required. Let’s find out what needs to be done.
Ways to connect the joystick to Android TV
Connection methods may vary depending on the type of console. The most common are Playstation 3, Xbox360. In most cases, the connection is as follows:
- We determine the type of device (wired or wireless).
- If we connect wired to a USB-connector.
- If wireless we use bluetooth. Android also needs the Sixaxis Controller program. Download it.
- Before downloading, you should use another program (Siaxix Compatibility Chrcker) to check the compatibility of the system and the connected device. To download it, you can use the Play Market.
- Now you need to download SixaxisPairToolSetup. Install it. We launch the application.
- Specify the address of the phone or tablet (can be found in the software settings).
- Push button
- We are waiting for the gamepad to become attached to the device.
- Now you can use the joystick.
If you connect via Micro USB, do the following:
This method is suitable for most types of gamepads, and does not require other additional programs to work.
Some types of joysticks require additional programs, without which they will not work. For example, a Wii controller requires a special Wiimote Controller application. Without it, the joystick will not work. You will also need to make additional settings in the menu of this application.
If the gamepad is wireless, you need to buy a receiver. Without it, you can’t start the TV.
In some Android models there are no bluetooth. Such devices are rare, but still found. Try using wifi.
Do not forget that a driver is required for any gamepad. It should be bundled with a gamepad (on disk). If it is not, download from the Internet and install.
If we have a Wii gamepad, do the following:
- You need to download and install Wiimote Controller.
- Now run the application.
- Click Init and Connect.
- On the joystick, you must simultaneously hold down buttons 1 and 2.
- We wait until the program detects a gamepad.
- Once detected, check the box next to the Wii Controller IME.
If the joystick still doesn’t work, try updating the drivers, maybe they are out of date. Reboot device.
To install joysticks on android, only additional applications are needed. You do not need to buy a new device or additional devices. The main thing is that the gamepad is compatible with the system and properly configured.
.Gif" /> Modern tablet and smartphone are rightly called multifunctional gadgets. A wide variety of peripheral systems can be connected to these devices. If necessary, the tablet is easy to coordinate with the joystick. You can connect the gadget of any company. It can be a little-known manufacturer with a cheap device or the original Sony Play Station (ps3) or xbox 360.
- The need to connect a joystick
- Connection Order
- Joystick connection ps3
The need to connect a joystick
Such control is necessary for users playing complex games, the emulator is used to run them. These “toys” include GTA and several others. Their distinctive feature is the presence of a large number of various kinds of possible actions and various elements related to the need to press several buttons at once or to produce “clips”.
The implementation of such “toys” on the PC is simpler, but in any case, gamers often have difficulties in this case, which consists in the fact that there is no way to quickly respond to the situation during the game. In tablets and phones, unlike a stationary computer, there are no buttons at all, or interactive buttons are created, and gamers work through a gyroscope. The way out of this situation is to connect to the modern gadgets of the Android joystick. With him, games will really be fun.
.Gif" /> performance check of the joystick by connecting it to a computer;
Video: How to Connect Joystick to Android
Joystick connection ps3
Ps3 modules can be connected via bluetooth, for which:
.Gif" /> Download the Sixaxis Controller app;
Many games have been written for smartphones, many of which are almost as good as computer ones. As controls virtual touch buttons are used, but their use is not always convenient. This is especially noticeable in the action genre, where you need to move a lot, aim and perform other similar actions. In the current article, we will consider how to connect a gamepad to Android to ensure only the best gaming experience.
Depending on the type of joystick, you can connect in one of three ways:
- Via a USB cable and a special adapter.
- Directly via Bluetooth.
- Using the application via Bluetooth, for joysticks from game consoles.
Each method has its own nuances and subtleties of tuning, so we will dwell on each of them in more detail.
It’s easiest to figure out how to configure the joystick on Android using a USB cable. To connect, you need the cable itself, as well as a Micro-USB adapter, which is inserted into the corresponding input on the mobile phone.
Further actions depend on Does the game support gamepad control? If so, then no additional settings need to be made.
Otherwise, you should visit the Play Market and install the application to configure the controller. For example, Tincore Keymapper.
Joysticks specially created for working with Android devices often do not have wires and are connected via Bluetooth. Also for ease of use they can be equipped with a special stand-holder for a smartphone or tablet. The configuration process is performed as follows:
- Open your mobile device’s settings and activate Bluetooth. You can also do this by lowering the quick settings curtain by swiping down from the top of the screen.
Connecting game console joysticks
Many owners of the Xbox and Sony PlayStation consoles have the question “how to configure the gamepad to connect to an Android phone or tablet?”. You can accomplish your plan wirelessly using Bluetooth.
The procedure is carried out in the following sequence:
- Install application on smartphone Sixaxis Compatibility Checker, which allows you to check the device for compatibility with the gamepad. If the test yields a positive result, proceed to the next step.
- Download and install SixaxisPairTool on a personal computer and Sixaxis Controller app on your phone.
- Connect the joystick to the USB input of the computer using the appropriate cable.
- Wait until the program recognizes the connected device and issues a 12-digit MAC address.
- Launch the Sixaxis Controller application, allowing it to obtain superuser privileges.
- Wait until the local address of the Bluetooth channel appears on the screen.
- Enter the obtained value into the program on the computer in the field “Change Master”. Click the “Update” button.
- Disconnect the gamepad from the cord and activate its operation with the PS key.
- Press the “Select input method” button in the application and select Sixaxis Controller.
- Go to the settings by clicking on the three vertical points in the upper right corner, select the “Joystick Settings” section. Check the box next to “Enable joystick”.
Setup completed. You can exit the application, launch the game and enjoy convenient controls.
How to connect Android as a joystick?
The options discussed above involve setting up the gameplay on the phone using the joystick, but there is another interesting option. Using a mobile device as a gamepad.
For this you need a smartphone or tablet itself, a computer with Windows 7 and above, as well as a game installed on it that supports the corresponding type of control.
The setup process is performed according to this algorithm:
- Download and install the program by clicking on the link: https://www.Monect.Com/pc-remote.
- Open the Play Market and install the PC Remote app.
There is a separate preset for GTA5 and just a repetition of the gamepad interface. During the game, an accelerometer can be involved, which is very important for racing arcades.
For maximum comfort, we recommend connecting devices with a screen size of at least 5 inches.
The material presented describes in detail how to connect the gamepad to Android in several ways using a wired and wireless connection. An interesting experiment will be the use of a smartphone as a game controller on a computer.