IPTV is a digital television, it can be connected both to a TV, and to a computer, smartphone, media player. There are several ways to connect IP TV to the LED panel, which makes it possible for any user to configure and view digital channels based on their own capabilities, you just need to know how to do it correctly.
General Connection Information
Today, interactive TV is a serious alternative to cable or satellite television. The broadcast quality is fully consistent with the modern characteristics of TVs, and additional functionality significantly expands the possibilities of using TV content. over, a new generation of interactive television has some advantages regarding broadcasting or cable broadcasting. it is better sound, better picture. over, the cost of content is more than affordable. Given the capabilities of modern high-resolution TVs, it makes sense to set up IPTV on a TV. In addition, IPTV owners can use other services related to television content: recording programs, broadcasting archives, the ability to pause the broadcast, etc.
You can connect digital TV in any convenient way, each of which has its own nuances:
- through the connected iptv prefix;
- through a router through a wireless connection;
- using special applications;
- through an internet browser.
In most cases, connecting to a TV is the first two ways. The latter are suitable for various gadgets or a computer.
Features of connecting the console
Connecting a digital set-top box is not much different from installing various TV tuners. The connection to the router is via a standard Ethernet connector, and wireless setup via wifi. If you wish or some difficulties, you can use the wire and connect it to the LAN-connector.
On any set-top box for IPTV there are other outputs:
- AV for connecting to older TVs;
- HDMI for more modern panels;
- USB connector (usually located at the front).
To receive digital television on the TV, there is either HDMI-exit, or AV. Connection with the prefix is carried out through the inclusion of the corresponding wire. this is the physical connection to the prefix.
Set-top box setup
After connecting the console, it must be turned on. To watch IPTV, a menu is displayed on the TV. Setting up software is generally quite simple. There is a Setup button on the remote control, after pressing it, you need to make the following settings.
- Set the clock and date in the Advanced Settings window. This is necessary to use various options, such as timeshift and on Demand.
- For a wired connection, you need to configure the connection to the network: for this, select the type (Ethernet connection) in the “Network Configuration” menu.
- Next, in the next tab, click AUTO (DHCP) and activate it, confirm the command by clicking OK.
- In the “Network Status” tab, check the status of the Ethernet connection.
- Open the “Servers” menu, register pool.ntp.org. in the NTP servers field.
- After that, you can configure the by opening the “Settings” tab, disable the “Force DVI” and “automatic / automatic frame rate switching” items. Then it remains to set the screen resolution parameters, set the output mode (here you will need instructions, for example, in older models it is called PAL).
- Save the settings and restart the console.
In the event of technical breakdowns, marriages or other difficulties, incorrect operation of the console is possible. If after all the manipulations the device gives errors, you can repeat the setup, see the explanation of the problems in the instructions or contact your provider or the manufacturer of the set-top box for technical support.
How to configure IPTV through a router
Important! Setting up IP-TV via a router is possible if it has support for this function.
You must be logged in for this. in the router menu via the browser. Depending on the manufacturer and model, the procedure may differ, but in general the sequence of actions is similar, therefore, based on the recommendations below, you can figure out how this is done on a particular router.
On D-Link the setting is different for different connection options. If viewing is planned through the set-top box, then in the main menu, select “IP TV” (may be called “connecting multimedia devices”) and reserve one of the ports through which the connection with the set-top box will be made. Further, all settings are carried out directly on it.
When watching IPTV directly through the TV.
- In the router menu you need to enter the advanced settings. Select the “network”. “WAN”. “add” section. Scrolling down the page below, in the “miscellaneous” section, check the “IGMP” item. save the result.
- We return to the main menu, look for the “additional”. “routing” section, click add. A line appears in which you need to enter the values manually. The destination network is “188.8.131.52”, the network mask is “240.0.0.0”, the gateway is the IP address assigned by the provider, the metric is “1”, and through the interface it is “automatically”. Save the result.
At D-link Dir-300 Series routers you need to go into the settings, find the Advanced Network tab, check “Enable Multicast Streams”. After rebooting the device, IPTV will start working.
At ASUS you should enter its settings, open the LAN section and select the “route”. We activate the option “multicast routing” and save the result.
TP-Link Routers have a multicast function, that is, IPTV support. By default, it only works on fresh firmware. just update the router to make it work.
At Netgear devices you need to enter the “quick jump menu”, open the settings and “Internet port settings”. Next, indicate the desired connector. it is reserved for IPTV.
At ZyXEL in the device menu you need to click on the globe in the panel below.
- We are looking for the “connection” tab, select “broadband connection” and open it.
- Choose the connector through which the set-top box or TV will be connected. A window will open for adjusting its parameters, mark “use to access the Internet”, “enable”, IP parameters. “automatically”, “use the IP connector” and save the result.
- Next, open the “components” item. activate “IGMP / PPPoE Proxy”.
- In the “home network” menu of Broadband Connection we set the value “to the provider”, for the Home Network you need to specify “to the home network”, activate “IGMP Proxy” and save the result.
If the user does not want to lay extra wires, then you need to familiarize yourself with how to connect digital TV via the Internet. Consider the algorithm on the example of popular brands of TVs.
For owners of LG technology Wireless IPTV available and broadcasting digital channels on a TV through a specially designed SS program IPTV. To access it, you will need an Internet connection. You can install the application from a USB-drive or after downloading.
To download and run the program, you need to go to the Smart menu, open the Smart World tab. In the address bar, write the name SS IPTV and set the search command. When the utility is displayed in the list, it must be installed and then opened. Connecting interactive television to TVs of other brands, such as Philips or Samsung, is carried out by a similar algorithm of actions.
In Philips TV panels, you need to connect to the Internet by connecting to an access point (router). Then press the Home button on the remote control, open configuration menu. In the network settings, select “Operating mode” and register the value of DNS. To connect to digital television, just download any of the available widgets.
To watch IPTV on a Samsung TV, as in the previous methods, you need to configure your Internet connection and install a special utility.
- On the remote control, open the Smart Hub menu, press the “A” button. Here you need to create an account, enter the Develop login and password.
- Then enter the settings and open the “Development” item. In the IP address field, enter 184.108.40.206, or use the alternative set 220.127.116.11.
- After selecting the “Application Sync” tab, when the process is over, press Enter.
Now in the list of applications the user will be available special utility nStreamPlayer to watch IPTV television.
You can learn more about the wireless connection of the TV receiver to the Internet from the article on the capabilities of TVs with Wi-Fi.