How To Connect Iphone As Usb Modem
First, we check the hardware: the reference cable, the cable input to the PC and the input on the connected device. To pair between working devices, find Settings, after Tethering and check if it is active.
To check if the cable is working properly, plug it into another computer.
Note! If the problem of missing connection is caused by a malfunction or damaged parts, a replacement is required to solve it.
Using a smartphone as a modem for a computer via a USB cable
A mobile phone is not just a means of communication and a set of various functions, but also a means of accessing the Internet from a personal computer. To figure out how to connect a phone as a modem to a computer via USB, the advantages and disadvantages of this method will be discussed in this article.
How to disable modem mode
It’s clear how to turn on the USB modem on the phone, but how to properly shut it down without harming either equipment or mobile traffic.?
Note! To turn off the modem mode, it is recommended to pull out the USB cable from the mobile and PC. Data transfer will extend to the device without cable, there will be.
Error 19: what to do? If the modem device does not start when Windows is connected, it means that its configuration information is missing, incomplete, or corrupted in the registry. In this case, you need to uninstall or reinstall the drivers:
- Select Device Manager and enable Search.
- Select the desired device from the list.
- Delete selected with right mouse button.
- Click Action.
- To install or reinstall the driver, select the hardware configuration update.
Note! Alternatively, you can revert to the last known good version of the registry configuration. To do this, restart your PC in Safe Mode, click Load Last Known Good Configuration. Another way: system restore when creating a point.
Uninstalled or incorrectly installed drivers
When the drivers have failed or have not yet been installed, they need to be re-installed or primary from the installation disk or other device by downloading the latest drivers from the official website of the laptop or computer manufacturer.
In some cases, the problem can be resolved by turning off the power to the port. To do this, go to Control Panel, then Power Supply. In this section, you can establish a connection between a smartphone and a PC via a USB modem without recharging the device.
Another way to fix this problem is missing signs? Or ! In the Portable Devices menu (Device Manager). If such characters are present, right-click Properties to remove the device and disconnect the device from the computer. After, connect the device again, the drivers are installed automatically.
Incorrect smartphone settings
There are several possible solutions to the problem:
- Scan your personal computer and smartphone for viruses. Then, reboot, sync or, better, format the memory card.
- When charging on a PC, reset all settings to factory defaults. Just before resetting, do not forget to move all important files, documents, to another device. After such a procedure, resumption is not possible.
Note! To reset, locate a small hole-shaped button on the bezel of your phone or tablet. You can also find the Recovery mode in the Settings menu and select it.
We use the phone as a modem for a computer or laptop
To always have access to the network, you just need to learn how to distribute the Internet from your phone. We will tell you how to distribute Wi-Fi from a smartphone and connect the phone as a USB modem.
Have you arrived at the dacha and want to watch a movie on a laptop, but there is no wired Internet? Or maybe your home provider is in trouble and your PC still needs network access? There is a very simple way to use a smartphone as a modem for a computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
How to use your smartphone as a modem
Any modern smartphone that has access to the Internet can become its source and distribute the network over Wi-Fi or over a wire. As a rule, gadgets already have suitable drivers for turning into an access point, and you only need to find the necessary parameters in the settings of your phone.
Important: when using mobile internet, don’t forget about traffic. If you often connect your gadget as a modem, switch to an unlimited tariff or an operator that offers a large package of gigabytes. The quality and reliability of the connection will also depend on the speed of the Internet and the location of your provider’s towers.
How to connect an Android smartphone as a USB tethering
When you connect your smartphone to a computer, a menu appears on the gadget’s desktop where you can select the charging or file transfer connection mode. Usb tethering options are hidden in the phone settings and are not set by default, so you have to find them manually.
As an example, we used a smartphone on Android 9 in the EMUI shell, but just in case, we gave the names of menu items in other versions of Android.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB. If this is a new device, wait until the drivers are installed.
- Open your smartphone settings. In the Wireless networks (Network) section, find the Modem Mode (Modem and Access Point) item.
- Activate USB tethering. A new network with Internet access will appear on the computer.
How to use a Samsung phone as a modem
To distribute the Internet, Samsung gadgets can use the Smart Switch (Kies) program. Install it on your smartphone and connect it to your PC. New hardware from Samsung appears in Windows Device Manager.
Next, in the smartphone settings, select the Connections tab Modem and access point USB modem.
After activating the mobile modem, a notification will appear on the computer that the Internet is available.
How to share Wi-Fi from a smartphone
Another way to use your phone as a modem is to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi. In this article, we described in detail how to create a hotspot on an Android smartphone. It’s very simple on most models, just open the menu curtain and select the Access Point item.
- To configure Wi-Fi, go to the access point settings for this, tap on the function icon and hold it.
- Set the network name and password, and, if necessary, the type of encryption.
- We also advise you to set a traffic limit that can be used when connecting to the network of your smartphone. We remind you that this is mobile (and often limited and expensive) internet.
- In addition, the maximum number of possible connected devices should be set so that the network is not overloaded.
Important: in tethering or hotspot mode, the smartphone runs out faster. Put the gadget on charge or connect it to a power bank while distributing the Internet.
How to use the phone as a modem method # 1
To learn how to use your phone as a modem, you first need to set up the Internet on your phone. How to do this, read our article How to set up the Internet on an Android phone. Then connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
How to do it:
Find the USB connection icon on your smartphone
- Swipe down the message bar
- Click USB connected
- Press the big power button and the Android icon turns orange. Computer connection established and working
- After finishing the installation of the drivers, disconnect the smartphone from the computer and reconnect it, but already in USB modem mode
Activate the Android USB modem mode in the smartphone settings. For different firms, access to this function is implemented in different ways:
The smartphone turned into a USB modem.
How to connect the phone as a modem
This option is intended for the happy owners of Samsung smartphones.
Make sure that your device has a program that provides synchronization with a PC (Samsung Kies is recommended).
Deactivate the option on the smartphone “USB stick”
- Connect it to PC with USB cable
- If necessary, install the required drivers
- After establishing a connection, go to the smartphone menu: “Settings Wireless networks Modem and access point”. Check the boxes “USB modem” and Mobile AP
- On your PC go to network settings (“Start Control Panel Connection Show all connections”)
- In the menu item “LAN connection” find a connection that has the same name as your phone
Hooray! You have configured Android as a modem.
Answers on questions. How to connect a phone to a computer as a modem method number 4
This method is quite time consuming.
You will need two programs OpenVPN and Azilink. It is advisable to use the most recent versions.
Install OpenVPN on your computer (installation is simple, click “Further” until the end of the installation)
- Download and unzip the Azilink archive on your PC
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable
- Install drivers for your Android device on your computer
- Install Azilink on your smartphone. To do this, in the folder where the archive was unpacked from step 2, find the file azilink-install.Cmd and run it by double-clicking on it with the mouse. Or, by running the Internet on your smartphone, find and download this file directly to your device by typing http://lfx.Org/azilink/azilink.Apk in your browser
- After finishing the installation, launch the program on your smartphone. Check the box next to Service Active
- In the Azilink archive unpacked on the PC, find and run the start-vpn.Cmd file for execution by double-clicking on it with the mouse. A console window will appear showing the installation progress. There is no need to close this window! If successful, you will see the message Initialization Sequence Completed
Then the message Connected to host will appear on the smartphone screen and service information about the traffic volume, available connections, etc. Will begin to be displayed.
Turn off Wi-Fi! If you don’t, the Internet will go through it instead of using 3G / EDGE protocols.
There are a lot of options for turning an Android smartphone into a USB modem. And the most pleasing is the fact that none of them need root rights and none of them will lead to irreversible consequences. In the worst case, the computer simply won’t be able to access the Internet.
In conclusion, I would like to add that with this method of connection, the speed of the Internet on a PC will be limited by the capabilities of a smartphone, which is actually quite logical.
Who knows other ways to connect an Android smartphone / tablet as a usb modem for distributing the Internet, we will be happy to read your instructions! Leave them in the comments below.
How to use your phone as a USB modem
Let’s consider various options for using the phone as a modem via USB. It goes without saying that your computer and smartphone must be turned on, charged and ready to work.
How to use your phone as a modem via USB method # 3
To use your smartphone as a USB modem, use the EasyTether Lite program (or the full-featured version of EasyTether Pro).
Install this application on both your phone and your personal computer
- Connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable
- Install the required drivers on the PC, if there is such a need
- Activate USB debugging mode on the Android device (“Application Settings Development item “USB debugging”)
- On your computer, right-click on the EasyTether icon and select Connect Via Android. The computer will access the Internet
How to connect iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi
The only requirement that must be met to connect an iOS gadget to a computer wirelessly is the device and the computer must be connected to the same network.
You can create such a network in 2 ways:
using a wireless router (Wi-Fi router);
- Using Wi-Fi module of a computer (laptop).
If you use a wireless router to organize a wireless network, which creates a shared Wi-Fi network, there are no problems. It is enough to connect your computer and iPhone to this network and activate the function of syncing the device with iTunes via Wi-Fi.
How to connect iPhone to computer with USB cable
Each iOS device comes with a standard cable with a USB connector on one end and a 30-pin or Lightning connector (depending on the iOS device model) on the other, in the Apple community it is usually called a lace.
Usb cable with 30-pin connector for connecting to a computer: iPhone 2G-4s, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod Touch up to 4G.
Lightning connector can connect to PC: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPad 4th and 5th (iPad Air) generations, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina display, iPod Touch 5G and iPod Nano 7th generation.
Creating a Wi-Fi Network on Mac in OS X
I didn’t have a computer based on OS Windows at hand, let’s consider the procedure for creating a network on a Mac, for Windows I will describe the procedure in text.
- For Mac OS X go to System Preferences. Network and select Wi-Fi from the list on the left.
Click the Network Name drop-down list and select Create Network.
In the Create a computer-to-computer network window, enter the name of the network, the channel can be left by default, in my case the 11th and opposite Security, click Not selected.
- In the drop-down list, select the type of data encryption when transmitting over the wireless network:
Personally, I don’t understand why Apple recommends setting WPA2 encryption for Wi-Fi networks, while in OS X only WEP with different key lengths is available, but you don’t have to choose.
Tip: On OS X, choose the encryption type with the maximum key length, i.E. 140 bit WEP, the password will need to be entered only 3 times, 2 times when creating a network (input and confirmation) and 1 time on an iPhone when connected. The network settings in the iPhone are saved automatically and when the created network is available, the device will connect to it automatically (you do not need to enter a password to a known network each time you connect).
Select the desired encryption type and click on Create.
A wireless Wi-Fi network will be created, the Mac will be automatically connected to it (since it is its source), it remains to connect the iPhone to the created network.
On iPhone (or iPad) go to Settings.Wi-Fi and turn on the Wi-Fi module of the device with the corresponding switch.
A wireless network created in Mac OS X will appear in the Select network list, tap on its name and enter the password. Done!
After connecting to the shared Wi-Fi network of iPhone and Mac, launch iTunes and your device will appear in the Devices menu.
How to create a Wi-Fi network to connect an iPhone
It is not difficult to create a wireless network using a computer with a Wi-Fi module, a laptop, for example, but to connect an iOS device to it, you need to take into account a number of features.
When creating a Wi-Fi network, I suggest using the recommended settings for routers and Wi-Fi access points from Apple.
Creating a Wi-Fi network to connect an iPhone to a Windows laptop
If there are no problems with the compatibility of iOS devices with desktop or laptop Mac computers (the connection is stable), then sometimes difficulties arise when connecting an iPhone to a Windows PC via Wi-Fi:
Iphone and iPad won’t connect to WPA2 Wi-Fi
- Ios devices do not connect to 802.11n Wi-Fi networks if WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) is disabled (Solution).
In a Windows environment, the DCHP server, which is responsible for assigning an IP address to connected devices, does not always work correctly and stably, therefore, when distributing addresses in automatic mode (when the DHCP server is enabled), the computer-iPhone wireless connection may be unstable. This is why the wireless network adapter on your computer needs to be assigned a static IP address:
- In Windows 7, go to Control Panel. Network and Sharing Center and click on Change adapter settings.
Right-click the Wireless Network Connection to open the context menu and select Properties.
In the list of Components checked by this connection, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Check the boxes next to Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses, enter in the appropriate fields:
Instead of xxx.Xxx, specify your subnet parameters (first xxx) and assign a fixed address (second xxx from 1 to 254).
If you are using a wired LAN connection to the Internet and it is assigned an IP address of 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, the wireless connection should be assigned the address 192.168.2.1.
Wireless and LAN IP addresses do not have to match and be on the same subnet.
- Check the box next to Confirm options on exit and click OK.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, you need to create a computer-to-computer wireless network (point-to-point or Ad-Hock), to do this, click on Set up a new connection or network, select Set up a computer-to-computer wireless network and click Next twice.
- On the Give a name to this network and select security settings page, fill in the fields:
In the Network SSID of the network ready to use window, click on Turn on Internet Connection Sharing if your computer has a wired Internet connection. This will make it possible to share the Internet from a computer via Wi-Fi to an iPhone, i.E. The iPhone will be connected to the Internet via a computer (the PC will act as a gateway).
In the window that says Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, click Close. The wireless network is created, the computer is automatically connected to it (you do not need to connect it separately) and is waiting for devices to connect wirelessly.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings. Wi-Fi and turn on the switch of the wireless module.
- After the created network is found, tap on its name and wait for the device to connect to it. Done!
You can use the Wi-Fi connection between your iPhone and your computer for wireless syncing, backing up, downloading music, importing contacts, installing programs and games from the App Store, etc.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi:
The device is not tied to a computer and may be within a network range from it.
- The USB port of the computer is released.
- The iFunbox file manager can work with iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi, which means you can download content and install applications from the App Store to devices via a wireless network.
To connect your laptop to the Internet, you need to left-click on the program shortcut, for example, Megafon Internet. Some modems connect to the Internet using a web interface, which is available in browsers at 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.251 or 192.168.8.1 (the address depends on the brand and model of the device). Mostly the web interface is used by Beeline.
It is advisable to make certain settings. If you do not know how to set up the modem and increase the data transfer speed, then for this you need to set the required mode in the network settings: only 3G (UMTS), only 4G (LTE) or 3G (UMTS) 4G (LTE). This allows you to test each of these modes and find the optimal one for a high-quality Internet connection.
In the picture, setting up a connection to a 3G network only:
And here you can set up a connection only to a 4G network:
Next, in the program window, click Connect
The equipment indicator will be solid green or blue depending on the model of the device and the type of network. Then you can open any browser and search for the desired web page.
For instructions on the example of a device from MTS, see the following:
I will describe each step in a separate section to make it as easy as possible to find the information you need.
We turn on the laptop in normal mode and wait for the system to start. We remove the cap from the equipment, which protects it from damage and dust. Next, you need to connect the modem to any free USB port on your laptop.
If the modem does not fit into the port, then you need to rotate it 180 around the axis. Do not apply strong pressure to the device to avoid damaging the plug and laptop connector.
Experienced users are advised to connect the modem to a laptop using a USB extension cable, because this will protect it from damage due to careless operation.
On / OFF button
Some models of 3G / 4G modems have an ON / OFF button. If it is available, then switch it to the first position (ON).
After connecting the equipment to the laptop, the AutoPlay dialog box should appear on the display. Now you can install the device software.
During the installation process, you will need to select the language and installation location. You can find out about the successful installation of the driver and software when the icon corresponding to the USB device appears in the control panel. At the end of the procedure, the user will be notified that the device is ready for use.
If the installation procedure ends with an error, then a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark will be visible opposite this icon. Therefore, you will need to remove the installed program, restart the system and try to reinstall the hardware software.
How to connect a USB modem to a laptop: installation and activation
Today the Internet has become a part of human life, because it allows you to work more productively, communicate and search for the necessary information. But in many areas there is no cable internet yet, so people buy USB modems. These devices are functional and mobile, which allows them to be used to access the network almost anywhere in our vast homeland.
Modems operating in 3G / 4G networks of cellular operators allow you to access the Internet from any laptop. This is considered an ideal solution if there is no way to connect to the Internet using fiber optic cable or satellite connection. Over, these devices are very compact and easy to use.
If you do not know how to connect a USB modem to laptops, then below we will describe this procedure in detail. Also, thanks to this article, you can learn how to turn on the modem.
- On / OFF button
- Network connection
- Removing USB modemhttp://ichip.ru/sovety/ekspluataciya/ispolzuem-telefon-kak-modem-dlya-kompyutera-ili-noutbuka-585492