Happy iPhone owners have to overcome one inconvenience. unlike smartphones running the Android operating system, they have to use software so that the computer can detect the smartphone. At the same time, fans of iOS have several ways by which he can connect the iPhone to the computer.
What programs will be required to connect iPhone to PC?
In order for the computer to recognize your smartphone, you must install on its special software. It is distributed free of charge from the official Apple website. You will need to download two programs:
- iCloud is a convenient way to share files through cloud storage. In order to use it without establishing a direct connection between the computer and the phone, you must download the application to all the devices you use. This program will allow you to access smartphone files from any device through a browser.
- iTunes is the main service used to connect iPhones to a computer. Through it, you can also listen to music, download programs and files to smartphones, use the App Store, and update the system.
There are also several unofficial programs similar in functionality to iTunes. But we do not recommend using them.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB. the easiest and most reliable way
Your iPhone comes with a cable used to connect to your computer. It can have a thin connector (modern) or wide (for older versions of devices). It must be used to connect to a computer. If you have lost such a cable, then you need to purchase an original one to replace it. Do not use cheap fakes, as the computer may not recognize the device.
To connect to a computer, you should use only USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports, since the connection speed with USB 1.0 will not be enough. an error will appear on the screen.
Here’s how to connect an iPhone to a computer via USB:
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your PC;
- turn on the smartphone;
- connect the device and the PC with a cable;
- upon the first connection, the computer will see your smartphone and automatically download drivers for its operation;
- issue on your phone a confirmation of access to its files;
- iTunes should start on the PC screen, after which the synchronization icon will appear in its status bar;
- after its completion, you can access the phone files in the iTunes window.
On Windows devices, the smartphone will also be displayed in the “My Computer” panel, but it’s pointless to use this folder overview. files added manually will not be read by the device due to the use of another storage system on IOS.
Connect iPhone to PC via Wi-Fi
There is another way to connect a smartphone to a computer. creating a wireless connection. The most high-speed option is to use Wi-Fi, but in this case you will not be able to update the software or restore the device from its backup.
It is worth remembering that the active use of Wi. Fi will quickly drain the battery.
When connecting an iPhone to a computer running Windows, it may be difficult. To avoid them, you must consider the features of iOS smartphones:
- do not use a network with WPA 2 encryption;
- the 802.11n standard is also not suitable for the device if the multimedia support function is disabled.
Connection setup is performed according to the instructions:
- Open the Network Control Center on your computer. In Windows 7, you need to go to the “Control Panel” for this. On the left, select “Change adapter settings.”
- Right-click on your wireless connection and select the “Properties” option.
- From the list of components, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”, select it and click on the “Properties” button.
- Enter in the appropriate lines: your IP address, subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Leave the remaining fields blank. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection. Fi, then the IP will be 192.168.2.1, with a wired connection to the computer, one of the addresses is assigned: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Set the marker on “Confirm Entry Parameters”.
- Return to the “Network Control Center” and select “Computer-to-Computer Networking.” With this option, you will make an access point for two devices. Follow the wizard to connect your smartphone and computer.
- When configuring the network settings, you will have to indicate: any network name, WEP security type, and the key that you will need to enter to enter.
- In the network ready window, check the box “Enable sharing”. Complete the setup.
- Now you need to turn on Wi-Fi on your smartphone and find your computer in the list of devices that distribute the network. Connect to the network and you can work with the files of your smartphone on a PC.
This method can be used if you do not have a cable to connect and you cannot find it.
For those who have not lost the USB cable or can use it, the instructions will be different. They can not configure the connection to the computer, but only is in the same network with it. In this case, the configuration will be carried out as follows:
- open the settings of your smartphone and activate the connection via Wi. Fi;
- log in to your home network;
- Now you need to set the synchronization parameters. for this you will have to connect a smartphone with active Wi. Fi to the computer using a USB cable;
- open iTunes and go to the device management section;
- Find in the menu item “Sync via Wi-Fi”;
- apply the selected setting;
- now disconnect the cable;
- go to smartphone settings;
- select “Sync with iTunes” and activate this option.
Now you will be able to change settings and synchronization using Wi. Fi. The next time you do not need to enter additional passwords to synchronize with this computer. It doesn’t matter which operating system controls your computer.
Create a Wi-Fi network on a Mac with a direct Wi-Fi connection
If you don’t have a cable at your fingertips, you will also have to create a direct Wi-Fi connection between the device and the computer on your Mac. This procedure is carried out according to the instructions:
- Go to system settings and select Wi. Fi.
- Click on the name of your network, you will see a list of options available for connection.
- At the bottom of this list, find the “Create Network” item.
- Set the network name, leave the channel number in the form in which it is.
- In the “Security” row, click on the arrows that expand the list. Select the WEP encryption type with the maximum key length and set a password. Click on the “Create” button.
- Connect your iPhone to this network.
- Launch iTunes on your PC and work with the memory of your device.
Establishing a connection to a Mac, even without a cable, is as simple as possible, as you don’t have to change your LAN settings.
How to connect iPhone to computer via Bluetooth
If you want to connect the phone to a laptop that has a Bluetooth module, you can use this wireless network. Its disadvantage is that the connection will be slow, the battery will drain quickly, and you can work with Bluetooth only by placing devices nearby.
Windows computers have another drawback. not all devices allow you to conveniently activate the connection. For this reason, not all laptop owners use Bluetooth. In Windows 10, this problem was solved, the icon for activating the wireless connection was taken out to the quick access panel in the lower right corner of the screen. There you can configure the use of the network by enabling the visibility of your computer.
If you were able to activate Bluetooth on your computer, then follow the instructions:
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Turn on device discovery via Bluetooth.
- Find the name of your computer among the devices found.
- A message with a code appears on the device screen. It is used to synchronize PC and smartphone. In some cases, the numbers will have to be entered manually.
The rest of the work with the smartphone will be carried out according to the same principles as in other cases. you need to open iTunes and synchronize devices.
Now you know how to connect iPhone to computer. If you have any problems or questions, ask them in the comments. we will definitely support you and help you out of a difficult situation. Share the article with your friends so that they can synchronize their device with a PC in different ways.