Apple has simplified connecting AirPods wireless headphones to all of its devices to make it happen in seconds. But just because AirPods are made by Apple and integrated with Apple products does not mean that you cannot use them as Bluetooth headphones with non-Apple devices.
You can connect AirPods to your Android phone, tablet, or Apple TV using the same Bluetooth pairing method that we have all been used to for years. To do this, follow the simple instructions below.
- Open the Bluetooth settings screen on your device with which you intend to use AirPods.
- Open the cover of the AirPods charging case, while the headphones themselves must be in the charging case.
- There is a small button on the back of the charging case, press and hold it for several seconds.
Of course, if you do not use AirPods with an Apple product, you will lose some features. You will not be able to seamlessly switch between devices or without third-party methods to monitor the headphone battery on your device (but to find out how to do this using a special application, read our material on this topic). Nevertheless, these headphones are primarily loved for their compactness, ease of wearing and long working time, and this, even without being the owner of the iPhone or iPad, you can use to the full.
For any device you want to use AirPods with, just repeat the process above. If you encounter problems during pairing, Apple advises opening the case cover and holding the button on the back panel until the indicator starts flashing yellow. Then release the button, close the lid and try again.
Share your opinion in the comments below this material and in our Telegram chat.
Smart watches for Android have always been a miserable shadow of the Apple Watch. Either Android Wear, now known as Wear OS, turned out to be insufficiently functional, or the manufacturers themselves were not particularly interested in the release of smart watches, but, anyway, it was almost impossible to meet worthy candidates in the market. It is logical that this provoked a strong increase in the share of fitness bracelets, which also could not do anything special, but at least cost 5, or even 10 times cheaper than hours. Fortunately, there is at least one model of smart watches for Android, which can not only compete with the Apple Watch, but even plug them in a belt.
Updates are not what Android users have in abundance. Despite the fact that recently manufacturers of smartphones have begun to pay more attention to software support, many continue to neglect updates. The update dissidents themselves explain this in different ways. Some are afraid to spoil a properly working device with a problematic update, others believe that updates slow down smartphones, while others, like I at one time, simply believe that there is no harm in this event, but there is no benefit either. But how really?
Telegram is my primary means of communication with family, friends and colleagues. Therefore, every time the developers of the messenger publish the next update, I always with bated breath take up reading the list of innovations. Suddenly added something like that? After all, as a rule, the wards of Pavel Durov are not exchanged for trifles, trying to release updates only if they really have something to please users. Today’s update was no exception, and also introduced a number of exclusive features to the Android version of Telegram.
To connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to your phone, you need to pair the devices via Bluetooth channel. You can do this in 4 simple steps according to the instructions below.
- Connect ANY wireless Bluetooth headphones. To ANY phone
- How to connect headphones via Bluetooth. To any Android phone. (JBL Tune 120TWS)
- How to properly connect Bluetooth headphones. To Xiaomi phones. (Xiaomi Airots)
- How to connect wireless wireless headphones. Through a Samsung phone. (Sony WH-1000XM3 with NFC)
- How to connect both wireless bluetooth headphones. To a Honor or Huawei smartphone. (i7 TWS)
- How to connect wireless headphones via bluetooth. To an iPhone (iOS) phone. (Apple Airpods)
- Connect 2 (both) TWS headphones at the same time
1. How to connect wireless Bluetooth headphones to the phone. Pairing
- Turn on Bluetooth in the phone and turn on the headphones. For on / off, there is a separate button or the button “stride / pause”. Turn on, holding 2-4 seconds.
- Make bluetooth headphones visible to your phone. If there is a separate Bluetooth pairing button, press (hold) it. If not, do not release the power button after turning it on (hold for 3-6 seconds) until a sound signal or indicator color changes.
- Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Search for devices. The phone should find the headphones.
- Select the model of your headphones from the list of found bluetooth devices and connect the headphones.
Item 1-2. Button for Bluetooth pairing / inclusion in headphones
Item 3-4. Bluetooth settings and device search
- In rare cases, the headphones, for proper connection, request a pin code (according to the standard it is 1111, 0000, or is indicated on the box / in the instructions for the headphones).
- To connect the Bluetooth headphone to another phone, you need to disconnect and pair it again, with another device (in headsets with multipoint, you can not disconnect the connection). Often, if the phone does not see the headphones, it means that they are connected to some other phone nearby. # 128521;
2. How to connect Bluetooth headphones to any Android phone
On the example of headphones fully wireless JBL Tune 120TWS
All popular wireless bluetooth headphones are connected to a smartphone according to the scheme described above. Headphones from JBL to an Android phone or iPhone can be connected in the same way as the rest. However, if we are talking about fully wireless (true wireless) models, there are features.
- The headphones are ready to pair right after they are taken out of the charging case., just find them in the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- If you can’t connect completely wireless headphones to your Android phone right away, then you need to manually bring them into pairing mode. This is done similarly to the main instruction: we take out the headphones from the case, turn it off manually (usually for this you need to hold the power button or start / pause for about 3 seconds), manually turn it on and hold the button until the sound signal.
- True Wireless headphones also communicate with each other automatically. If this does not happen, you must either press the start / pause buttons on both headphones simultaneously several times (in the case of the JBL Tune 120TWS, for example, 3 times) or hold them for several seconds. After that, the indication changes and / or a signal sounds.
If you can’t connect the headset to the phone, you should refer to the instructions, obviously there are some unique nuances. # 128521;
3. How to connect bluetooth headphones to Xiaomi phones
On the example of Xiaomi Wirelessly headphones
To connect Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones (Redmi or not # 128521; ) to the phone, just use the basic instructions above and take into account the nuances from the instructions for connecting fully wireless headphones.
It is worth noting that there are 2 types of connecting TWS headphones to the phone:
- One headphone. Presenter. It is he who connects to the smartphone, and the second earphone. To the first. That is, it may seem that the phone “saw” only one earphone, but no, it’s a couple.
- Both headphones are connected to the phone in parallel. It happens less often, but it happens. Xiaomi AirDots has announced this type of connection. But in fact, the truth was the first. # 128521;
In the first case, in order to connect headphones to the phone via bluetooth, it is important to know which one is the main one. In some models, the leading earphone is always the same (most often, right, but sometimes left). And in others. You can choose which will be the main thing. In this case, the bluetooth headphones can be connected to the phone separately and used, for example, as a mono-headset.
4. How to connect wireless headphones to phones with NFC (Samsung, etc.)
For example, the full-size headphones Sony WH-1000XM3 with NFC
You can connect Sony headphones (and not only) to your Samsung phone as described above. But there are interesting nuances that can simplify life. Some TOP’s models, such as the Sony WH-1000XM3, have an NFC chip. With this function, you can pair devices by simply leaning your phone against the headphones. But in the headphones and on the phone, there must be NFC support. The instruction is:
- In the phone settings, turn on NFC;
- Turn on the headphones and lean them against the phone (on the headphones there is an NFC icon on one of the bowls, it is necessary to lean against this side). After detecting the headphones, the phone will either automatically turn on the bluetooth, or it will display a message about the need to connect;
- Headphones connected. These wireless headphones from Sony to NFC-enabled phones (whether Samsung or not # 128521; ) Connecting is extremely easy. That would be so. # 128526;
Also, sometimes a proprietary application can simplify the connection of headphones: we install, turn on the headphones and Bluetooth in the phone, open the application and it will find and connect everything by itself. However, not all headphone applications are capable of this.
5. How to connect both wireless headphones to a Honor or Huawei phone
On the example of i7 TWS in-ear headphones. Relevant for i9s, i11, i12
You can connect fully wireless headphones to the Honor phone according to the instructions for the TWS models above, while both headphones will usually be connected (in series or in parallel). But in inexpensive fully wireless Chinese models (like i7 tws) this synchronization is often not there, and you have to turn on each earphone separately.
An example of connecting two i7 tws headphones (i9s tws, i12 tws, tws i11) to the phone. This is also a universal instruction for connecting most True Wireless, Chinese wireless Bluetooth headphones, to the phone.
How to connect 2 connect two (both) bluetooth headphones to each other (left and right):
- Turn on 1st and 2nd earphones (the first included earphone will be the master, 2nd slave).
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- Hold the power button on each earpiece (on i7 tws, the blue and red diodes start flashing). Then the headphones should be synchronized with each other. And the indicator will only flash blue.
- Search for devices in Bluetooth settings, Find the headphones and connect. Both headphones will be connected to the phone.
6. How to connect headphones to iPhone (iOS)
Using Apple AirPods as an example
Connecting any wireless headphones to the iPhone is carried out according to the standard instructions above. But connecting the original Apple Airpods to iPhone and Apple devices is even easier:
- On your phone, go to the Home screen.
- Open the case with AirPods, and hold it 5-10 cm to the iPhone.
- A splash screen appears on the iPhone screenand setup programs.
- Click “Connect” and select “Finish”.
How to connect airpods headphones to android
Are AirPods suitable for Android smartphones? Yes, you can connect AirPods to a phone with a “green robot”. As described in the instructions above. However, Siri will not be available (thanks, cap # 128518; ), displaying the charge level and automatically starting playback when the headphones are in your ears. But it is solvable, there are separate applications for these features, for example, AirBatter and Asistant Trigger.