How to connect bluetooth to computer
Oh, how many times I fell from a chair, after, having forgotten that there were headphones on me, I tried to get up. I think everyone knows this picture. The problem is that in this way you can not only break off the wired headphones, but also tear out the sound card port. Which can lead to damage to the sound card or the motherboard.
That is why I decided. And yet I bought myself wireless headphones. In my example, I will show you how to connect bluetooth headphones to a computer or laptop.
- Pros and Benefits of a Bluetooth Headset
- Headphone connection without additional adapter
- Step 1: Checking the Blue Tooth
- Step 2: set up the connection
- Step 3: Verify Communication
- Connecting headphones with an optional adapter
- Video instruction
- Skype setup
- Problem solving
- No Bluetooth in task manager
- No sound
- The computer does not see the headphones
Pros and Benefits of a Bluetooth Headset
- Most modern headphones have “hands free” technology. You can walk around the room, do and do your own business and at the same time easily manage the switching of songs, pause, rewind. Using special buttons on the device.
- All devices are adapted for any operating system, be it Windows 7, 8, 10, XP or even iOS. You can safely connect them not only to a PC, but also to smartphones or tablets.
- How many wired headphones I had, and everyone had a problem breaking one wiring at the base. As a result, only one part works. Wireless does not have this. Since the wires are completely absent.
Headphone connection without additional adapter
Step 1: Checking the Blue Tooth
And so, a lack of built-in Bluetooth module may be a small problem. Unfortunately, not even all laptops have this transmitter, not to mention desktop computers. Now we’ll check whether we have Bluetooth or not.
- At the same time, hold down the Windows button and R. The command execution window will pop up. We enter such a line “devmgmt.Msc” click “OK” or Enter.
- We look in the device manager. You need to find any mention of Bluetooth that will say that this technology is present in your computer.
- Double click on the adapter device. A window will pop up where it will be written that the device is working fine.
If the device is not found, but you know that it is, then go to the problem solving chapter in the same article.
Step 2: set up the connection
- In the tray in the lower right corner you should see the Bluetooth icon. If it is hidden, then just click on the arrow that points to the top to open hidden icons.
- Now click on the “Blue Tooth” icon and from the “Add Bluetooth Devices” drop-down list. If the device is turned off, turn it on!
- Next, turn on the headphones. For me, they are activated using the power button, which you need to pinch, until the device starts to burn. Some models have a separate Bluetooth button that activates the transmitter.
- The computer will try to find any devices and in the “Settings” window you will see the name of the headphones and the word “Connected” if the connection has occurred without failures.
Step 3: Verify Communication
Already at this stage, you can try to play any music, but problems may arise. The fact is that a successful connection does not say that after that the sound will play without problems. So, if the sound is interrupted or the headphones are silent, let’s go adjust the sound.
- Go to “Start” and look for “Control Panel”.
- Next, depending on the version of the OS, you need to go to the sound settings. Just find the speaker icon and double-click.
- The settings menu opens. We are interested in the first tab “Playback”.
- Double-click on the headphones. After that in line “Application of the device”, should stand “Use this device (on)”. If not, then activate the headphones. Click “Apply.”
- For every fireman, restart the computer or laptop. After that, turn on Bluetooth on your computer, then activate the headphones and try listening to the sound again.
Connecting headphones with an optional adapter
I will also tell you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer, which immediately comes with a built-in adapter for a PC that looks like a flash drive. That is, even if there is no Bluetooth on the computer, then you can safely use headphones.
- Turn on the headphones and insert the adapter into the USB port.
- At start in the search bar enter “Connecting devices”, press “View devices and printers.”
- Next, right-click on a free field. Select “Adding devices.”
- The operating system will frantically search for connected devices. The installation of drivers will also begin. At the very end you will see a window with a message that the device has been added.
- Now in the same place “Devices and Printers” click on our headset with the right button and select “Bluetooth operations.”
- The system will automatically search for the necessary services. At the very end, click “Listen to music”.
Now you can turn on any player, video or watch movies on the Internet, and listen to sound from brand new headphones. If there were errors during installation, then install the driver from the disk, since usually with such a headset there is an additional disk with software. In any other case, you can download the software from the official site.
If you have a full-fledged headset with a microphone like mine (from Bluedio), then you can chat on Skype and walk around the house with headphones. This is quite convenient, although before that you need to make some manipulations with the settings in Skype.
- We start Skype.
- Go to the settings. Skype versions are constantly updated, and this button opens differently in different versions of the program. So just look for the buttons.
- We go to the “Sound and video” section. In the “microphone” should be our Bluetooth device. If worth “Default communication device”, just click on this label and select your headset.
No Bluetooth in task manager
- Perhaps you just installed the driver for the adapter. There, in the device manager, go to the tab “Other devices”. Maybe “Unknown device”. And it will be our Bluetooth.
- Double click on it and in the tab “Driver”, press Refresh. If the drivers do not update from the Windows server, then you will need to look for drivers from the motherboard, since the Bluetooth adapter is wired there. You can also download the driver pack from https://drp.Su/ru/foradmin. Scroll down a little to the section Driverpacks and download both packs.
Video: How to connect bluetooth to computer
- If in other devices there is nothing at all, and you feel inside that you have Bluetooth. Then maybe it is disabled in the BIOS. When rebooting, hold down one of the keys: Del, F2, F3 (the button depends on the version and type of BIOS, so you should try all the buttons).
- As soon as you appear in the very inside of your PC, go to the device tab. If you find Bluetooth just turn it on by switching to “Enabled”.
- To install, just insert the device into an accessible USB port.
- Next, the drivers should download automatically.
- If this does not happen, then go to the dispatcher task tab “Other devices”.
- There will be a new device. Our task is to update the driver. Sometimes a disk comes with the device, then you should install from it or download firewood from the official site.
If there are problems with audio playback, first check that the sound is set to full. To do this, click on the speaker in the lower right corner and see that the sound level on your headphones is above zero.
- If after that there is no sound, then most likely the problem is in the drivers. We also go to the device manager and try to update the driver.
- Next, the installation window will pop out or the system will inform you that the software does not need to be updated. Then it’s worth downloading the driver to the mainland or an external adapter from the official site. For an external medium, you must enter the name of the device in any Internet search engine.
- For the internal module, everything is much more complicated. If you have a disk from the motherboard with the original drivers, then install the software from there. Otherwise, you will need to look for the name of the motherboard model manually. Poke “Start” and prescribe “CMD”. Run the command line. We write this command:
- A message pops up with full information about the motherboard model. We are interested in the line under “Product “. We open the browser and enter this combination of letters and numbers in Yandex or Google. A link to the official website with this motherboard will open, where you can download firewood. Next, we just install them.
The computer does not see the headphones
- Try restarting the headphones themselves.
- If this does not help, fully charge them and try the connection again.
- Reboot the PC.
- Update the driver on the Bluetooth adapter and motherboard.
- Perhaps there is a problem with the Bluetooth adapter or the operating system (I had this with a wireless mouse). Try connecting them to a phone or other PC, laptop, tablet. To check the performance.
If the problem persists, then the problem is in them and you need to give the wireless headset under warranty.
Want to connect your wireless headphones to a computer, but are not sure if you can do it? In fact, there is nothing complicated. To do this, you do not need to be some kind of computer guru. We will go through the whole procedure step by step.
As a preparatory stage, two things need to be done:
- Turn on the headphones;
- Check if their computer sees.
If the headset is not turned on, the Bluetooth module is activated on it, therefore, the computer will not be able to detect it.
The second point that you need to pay attention to is the settings for detecting wireless devices on your PC. In some cases, only because of an inactive important option or a checkmark put to the wrong item, connecting to a computer may not be possible.
When checking settings, the procedure can be different, it all depends on which version of Windows is installed on a laptop or desktop.
Instructions for Windows 10 (8 or 8.1)
If you have Windows 10, as well as 8 or 8.1, do the following:
- Click the “Start” button (the lower left corner of the window, the icon in the form of a Windows logo). The Start menu opens, in the left part of which the tiles with the names of programs and sections are located in alphabetical order. Scroll down the list, find and click on “Options”;
- In the new window, find the “Devices. Bluetooth devices. ” Open it. It will also be divided into two parts. In the left part, click “Bluetooth and other devices.” Then, on the right side, check the position of the slider under “Bluetooth”. This option must be enabled;
- Find the “Related Settings” subsection and click “Other Bluetooth Settings”;
- In the “Other Bluetooth Settings” window, we are directly interested in the first “Settings” tab, namely the “Discovery” item. You need to check the box next to the option “Allow Bluetooth devices to detect this computer.” Do not forget to close the “OK” button before closing this window to save your changes.
Attention! If you open the “Devices. Bluetooth, devices ”and you don’t see the“ Bluetooth ”item in any part of the new window, this may mean the following:
- Your PC does not have a Bluetooth module;
- Bluetooth does not appear due to a Windows 10 error.
What to do if the “Bluetooth” item does not appear in Windows 10 settings
Firstly, of course, make sure that your PC definitely has Bluetooth:
- Right-click the “Start” icon, select the “Device Manager” section;
- Check in the “Device Manager” if there is an item “Bluetooth”. It stands in the list as a separate item, or you need to look for it in the “Network Adapters” section. Also, sometimes bluetooth may be displayed in the “Other devices” section.
- You have found the Bluetooth adapter in the “Device Manager”. So, there is hardware support for this wireless protocol on your computer, you just need to solve the problem with the module.
- You did not find the “Bluetooth” item in the menu. So your computer is without an adapter. In order to connect wireless devices to a PC, you need to purchase a separate bluetooth adapter (dongle). This accessory is installed in the USB port of the computer.
How to fix a bug with a Bluetooth module
So, if there is bluetooth on the computer, but it does not work, the first thing to do is turn it on. Open the “Bluetooth” submenu in the “Device Manager”, right-click on the name of the adapter. The modules are different, but, for example, let it be the Mediatek Bluetooth Adapter. In the window that opens, click “Enable.”
The second necessary action is updating the bluetooth driver. This is done manually or automatically. Manual updating means downloading the appropriate driver version on any of the reliable sites (for Windows 32-bit or 64-bit, see the technical specifications of your system). Then the driver needs to be installed.
To update the Bluetooth driver automatically, again through the “Device Manager” we open the Bluetooth submenu, click on it, and then right-click on the name of the driver. A window opens with options, but now we need the first item “Update drivers.”. By clicking on this item, we start the automatic update process.
When this operation is completed, the computer needs to be restarted. If everything went well, then you will see that the “Bluetooth” item now appears in the “Devices” menu (“Start” > “Parameters”).
Instructions for Windows 7
Do you use Windows 7 on your PC? Then, to set up bluetooth, you need these steps:
- Click the “Start” button in the lower left corner of the desktop;
- In the window that opens, in the search field, enter “change Bluetooth settings” and press Enter. You will see the Bluetooth options window. It has exactly the same look as in Windows 10;
- So, in the settings, check the box “Allow Bluetooth devices to detect this computer” and click “OK” before exiting the settings.
How to connect bluetooth headphones to a computer
We checked and correctly configured the bluetooth adapter on the computer. Now you can start the main task. Connecting the headphones to a PC (laptop).
- Open the Control Panel. To do this, on the keyboard, press the key combination Win R (the key with the Windows logo and the R key). The Run window opens. Type the words “control panel” in the empty field and press Enter. The “Control Panel” will appear on the screen.
- In the list of sections find “Hardware and Sound” > “View devices and printers. Adding a device. ” In fact, the appearance of the “Control Panel” may be different, it all depends on the selected display settings. Above is the standard display for Windows 10 when sections in the menu are shown more compactly.
- Click “Devices and Printers”, and then in the window that opens. “Add a device.”
- Since your headphones are turned on and the bluetooth adapter on your PC is configured to detect wireless devices, clicking on the “Add a device” option will start the process of searching for new devices. Your headphones will appear in the search box. You need to click on them with the mouse and then follow the connection instructions that you will see on the screen.
Note. Perhaps, during the pairing process, the system will ask you to give permission and enter a password. Usually these are four digits. 0000 or 1234. If these passwords, used by default, are not accepted, then check the “User Guide” that comes with the headphones. Most likely, the manufacturer indicated his own password in the documentation.
It may well be that connecting the headset the first time will fail. For the most part, the computer does not see the wireless device due to a conflict with the drivers. You need to re-check all the settings of the built-in bluetooth adapter on the PC or, if you are trying to connect via an external bluetooth adapter, try inserting it into another USB connector. Sometimes the adapter does not work just because there is a problem with the port in which it is installed.
To solve problems with drivers, it makes sense to use special applications, for example, such as the well-known Everest, DriverHub or DriverPack Solution. Using these programs, it is easy to monitor the status of the system and automatically install the latest drivers. A big plus is that the above applications can be used for free.