Today, headphones are an integral part of the life of any smartphone owner. This statement is especially true for young people. The headset allows you to receive calls without removing the phone from your pocket, which is very nice in the winter. Headphones for the phone are especially popular with drivers. With them, there is no need to let go of the steering wheel to pick up the phone, in addition, telephone conversations while driving are prohibited in many countries of the world.
Modern headphones for smartphones. This is a specialized audio headset through which you can not only listen to music, but also receive incoming calls. The built-in microphone, despite its miniature size, clearly conveys audio information.
Modern headsets for phones classified by technical specifications. But first of all connection method is considered:
- Wired headphones. Their connection to the phone is via a mini jack with a diameter of 3.5 mm.
- Wireless headphones. A headset of this kind is connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth technology.
Also, the headphones are separated by form factor. Wireless models are fixed on one ear.
Wired devices have a standard shape droplets or vacuum headphones. The model is not particularly common in society, as it requires a large battery charge. Most often they are used to connect to a PC, laptop or TV. But this does not mean that they cannot be used to connect to a smartphone. over, the Android OS involves the use of different types of headsets.
In general, connecting a headset to a phone is not difficult. Each headphone model comes with instructions. Wired models just connect via mini jack to a special connector on your smartphone. But to connect wireless headphone You will need to establish a Bluetooth connection.
The process of connecting wired headphones to the phone is very simple. First of all necessary inspect the smartphone.
Most often, the headphone connection is located next to the charging connector.
Today, there are 2 options for a wired headset jack:
- Micro usb. This connection method is used for many operations with the phone, for example, for charging or data transfer. It is also suitable for connecting headphones.
- Mini jack with a standard size of 3.5 mm. This type of connector is the most popular. Through it, you can connect not only a headset, but also stereo equipment, namely frontal, stationary and portable speakers.
To make your wireless headset active, just connect its plug to the corresponding connector. The smartphone instantly detects the connection of a new device and starts transmitting sound only to the headphones.
The process of connecting wireless headphones is a little more complicated. Today, there are several ways to connect them to a smartphone. The distance between the devices should not be more than 10 m. Premium models require support at a distance of 100 m. The main pairing method can be found in the instruction manual for the headphones and phone themselves:
- Before you connect headphones, you need to activate them
- After the headphones are turned on, you need to go to the Bluetooth section through the Settings menu of your smartphone. Most often, he is among the first from the general list of settings
- Having chosen the line “Bluetooth”, you need to move the slider to the “on” position
- Next, a window appears on the smartphone screen with a search for new devices
- In the list that appears, you need to find the name of the headset
- To pair, you will need to enter a code. Most often it is 0000.
If the bluetooth headset is used only for talking on the phone, it will be impossible to listen to music through it. However, the developers of the Android operating system were able to find a way out of such situations. They created a special bluetooth router application, which is available to all users on the PlayMarket platform. After downloading this utility, you need to connect Bluetooth on the audio headset and smartphone, then perform the standard pairing procedure and only then run the program to install the router.
How to setup
Connect earphones to smartphone. This is one thing, but setting up the headset is a completely different matter. Before you begin the standard operation of wired headphones on smartphones with Android OS, It is necessary to identify device compatibility:
- Need to view metric headset resistance. It is indicated in ohms. Its digital value is located on the headset packaging. Ideal for smartphones are headphones with a resistance of 16-32 ohms. Some smartphones can come in contact with a headset with a resistance range of 50-64 ohms. Modern smartphones do not have an amplifier. If you connect a headset with a high level of resistance to the smartphone, the sound will be faded and fuzzy.
- Need to clarify type of connection. In this case, the audio jack trs and trrs are considered. In simple words, trs is a regular audio jack with a diameter of 3.5 mm, and trrs is a standard size mini jack with an additional contact for transmitting the microphone signal. A good headset is often equipped with a balanced cable and balanced jack, in appearance resembling a regular plug. However, you cannot connect them to the phone.
- Volume check. If the headphones correspond to smartphones in technical specifications, and when they are connected, the sound is quiet, you need to check the volume level for applications. This feature is present in all phones with the Android operating system. For each individual application, you can set your volume. Most likely, the player has a low sound indicator.
- Need to produce checking headphones by ringing. If during the conversation the interlocutor is heard well, there is no interference, then the headphones are ideally suited and have passed the proper settings. If there is suddenly no sound, you should check the serviceability of the audio jack or microcircuit that operates with the sound effects of the phone.
- After connecting the headphones you need Check if the smartphone has recognized the new device. Quite often, when you connect a headset, a headphone icon appears at the top of the phone’s working panel. If this does not appear, then you need to check the tightness of the plug into the connector. As an additional test of the functionality of the purchased headset, you need to take other headphones with the same type of connection. If the other headset works perfectly, then the purchased headphones are malfunctioning.
- After checking the conformity of the headphones and determining that the headset is working, you need to go to the sound settings. To do this, you can use the standard equalizer or an additional application that matches the operating system. It is worth noting that third-party applications are the best configuration option for smartphone users. With their help, you can change the general nature of sound reproduction, increase the standard maximum volume, add bass and much more.
But the owners of a wireless headset for smartphones with the Android operating system are doubly lucky:
- A wireless headset is most convenient for continuous use, although it requires timely recharging.
- Setting up such headphones is much easier. There are practically no problems connecting them.
To set up a wireless headset, you must turn on Bluetooth and use the system equalizer of the smartphone. You can also download a third-party application that matches the type of headset. With it, it will turn out to establish not only the general configuration, but also different sound effects.
Every headphone user needs to remember that listening to music at high volume for extended periods of time can cause hearing damage and malfunction of the headset.
When connecting a wired headset, problems are extremely rare. Modern users do not even look at the instruction manual. With her, everything is extremely simple and clear. But When pairing wireless headphones using Bluetooth technology, some difficulties may arise:
- A common mistake made by smartphone users when pairing a bluetooth headset is to Disabled smartphone visibility for other devices. It is enough to disable this option.
- Lack of connection between headset and smartphone may be in inconsistency with Bluetooth versions. This is, of course, extremely rare. But to solve this issue, only updating wireless technology on either one or both devices will help.
- Most gadgets after pairing remain paired until resetting one of the devices to factory settings. However, some phones still require re-pairing with the headset on subsequent connections.
A detailed overview of connecting wireless headphones to the phone is presented in the following: