How To Connect Apple Tv To Tv
Only a small part of users know how to connect the Apple TV to the TV and carry out the first hardware setup. In fact, synchronizing these devices is a simple and straightforward process that everyone can handle.
The technology released by Apple has an intuitively simple and intuitive interface. Therefore, users do not have problems connecting and configuring equipment from this manufacturer.
What are the features of Apple TV
A smart set-top box from a well-known American brand differs from its analogues in universality. Let’s look at what features it provides:
- creating a home multimedia center by synchronizing various gadgets: TV, smartphone, tablet, speaker system, player and other devices;
- Using the iTunes application to play music content
- gaining access to high-quality content (series, films, clips), which is stored on relevant resources;
- watching sports broadcasts in real time;
- output images from mobile gadgets to a large TV screen, regardless of the operating system. Therefore, you can synchronize your Samsung smartphone and Apple TV;
- access to the most popular games, podcasts.
Apple prefixes are conditionally divided into 4 generations. The debut line devices were released with the Mac OS X Tige operating system. The technique of the second version operates on the basis of iOS.
Owners of smart boxes of the second and third generation from Apple will be able to play media content exclusively in streaming mode. This is due to the lack of a built-in hard drive with a sufficient volume that would allow you to store files directly on your hard drive.
The A5 central processor and 8 GB of internal memory are used as an intermediate storage of streaming information. However, there are advantages. The prefix allows you to play various content from iTunes in maximum resolution (Full HD) and with multi-channel audio without any delays.
After connecting the console, you can not only watch television. The functionality of the TV will be significantly expanded.
To access the multimedia library of a smartphone, laptop, computer or tablet, you need to install special software. Then the devices are synchronized. Management will be carried out using the remote control, which is included in the basic equipment of the console. An alternative way is any gadget running on iOS 7 and above.
What you need to connect
The set-top box connects to the TV via an HDMI cable or Wi-Fi. There are no alternative methods. A wired connection is a priority option, since it opens up the opportunity to fully use the functionality of the device. If synchronization is via Wi-Fi, then you will not be able to use iTunes. List of necessary connections:
- TV with a working HDMI connector;
- HDMI cable
- Internet access;
- set-top box Apple TV.
The cable will have to be bought separately. The basic set of Apple TV includes only the power cord, remote control, the device itself and the USB cable.
The process of connecting an Apple TV to a TV
Instructions for connecting the console:
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the connector on the device and the other end into the corresponding jack on the TV.
2. Plug the power cable into the power connector, and then plug the cable into a power outlet.
3. Take the TV remote control and select “HDMI” as the main source.
Why doesn’t TV see the box? It is possible that one of the cables does not work. The second reason is that the equipment was set up incorrectly. You should also not exclude the fact that you messed up the connectors and the devices were not connected correctly. Check again.
Set-top box via iPhone
On smartphones from Apple there is a special function designed to configure a branded set-top box. This option is called iBeacon. To set up your Apple TV using your iPhone mobile phone, follow these steps:
- Insert all the necessary cables, and then plug the equipment into the network.
- Bring the smartphone to the console, and then move a short distance with the mobile device. 20 centimeters will be enough.
- A notification appears on the smartphone’s screen asking you to proceed with the setup. You need to click “Yes”.
- Log in to Apple ID, for this you need to enter the appropriate username and password.
- As a result, two notifications will appear on the iPhone screen. whether to save the Apple ID account on this device, and permission will be requested to send reports on the operation of the equipment.
- Respond to inquiries that appear on the screen of your mobile phone.
- Setup starts, wait for it to finish.
In general, synchronization will only take a few minutes. Then you can get to work. To set up your Apple TV using your iPad or iPhone, you need the iOS 9.1 operating system. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be enabled on your smartphone or tablet.
Set up your Apple TV as follows:
- Turn on the TV and set-top box. If the wired connection was made correctly, a menu for setting up a new device will appear on the TV screen.
- Connect the remote control, to do this, click on the touch panel.
- Using the remote control, the initial setup is carried out: the language, region is selected, the voice control function is activated (available only in models of the fourth generation and above), a password is entered.
- During the first Internet connection, activate your accounts in Apple branded services, for example, in iTunes.
A few words about connecting the remote. Press the touch panel of the remote control to start synchronization with the set-top box. If you have any difficulties, then press the menu button and the volume up key at the same time. They need to be held for about 5 seconds. It is possible that the notification “There is too much distance between devices” appears on the TV screen. In this case, you need to put the remote control on the console.
Step-by-step instructions are simple and straightforward. Each user will be able to independently turn on Apple TV. This completes the setup of the console. Now you get the opportunity to download and play multimedia content.
If you are a fan of Apple products and have several devices from this manufacturer, then be sure to connect a smartphone, tablet, laptop to the TV. Synchronization takes a minimum of time. Everything is very convenient and affordable.