How to Connect an Outdoor Antenna to a TV
Stages of connecting the antenna to the TV
Before you start connecting the antenna, you need to take care of buying a high-quality television cable, at the ends of which you should fix the F-plugs. If the connection of the antenna and the television cable is not made correctly, the television signal will be lost, resulting in poor image quality. The most critical moment when connecting the antenna is the correct cable selection.
If you use a low-quality television cable to connect, even the most modern TV and properly attached plugs at the ends of the cable will not save the situation.
To know which cable to choose, you must first study the issue of the movement of high-frequency current through the antenna cable. In an electric network, current flows around the entire perimeter of the conductor cross-section. But the movement of the high-frequency current of a television signal is different.
Steps for installing the antenna plug on the cable:
- You can make the connection yourself, since the voltage of the television signal does not pose a danger to human health.
- When buying a plug for an antenna cable, you should pay attention to the size of the plug suitable for a specific television cable.
- To twist the plug, the cable can be separated using two methods: the shielding braid can be wrapped, but not wrapped. The first method is considered more reliable.
- To separate the television cable, it is necessary to cut the outer sheath of the cable inward. Pressing the knife should not be too strong, otherwise the braid could be damaged.
- The incised shell is bent and cut where the cut begins.
- Aluminum foil and copper braid are turned off. To give the foil strength, it is necessary to cover it with polyethylene from the inside.
- Half of the folded foil is folded back so as not to degrade the quality of the contacts.
- The central core is freed from insulation, and the plug is screwed onto the foil.
- The central vein is “bitten off” so as to leave 2 to 3 mm.
The second half of the plug should be screwed up to the stop, then both plugs will be ready for operation. It happens that after the plug is inserted, the television cable makes it difficult to put the TV close to the wall. To avoid this, it is necessary to install a plug with an angular design.
Connecting a satellite dish to a TV without a receiver
Connecting a home TV to satellite TV is associated with the receiver. That’s how it used to be possible to watch television channels. Today, you can connect by yourself without using the receiver.
Many modern models are equipped with a built-in digital tuner and a special slot in which the access module is installed.
If you connect and configure the satellite dish correctly, the TV will receive the signal from the satellite operator, which will allow you to use satellite TV without connecting the receiver. For proper connection, the satellite dish antenna cable must be connected to the connector, which is equipped with a special input. Usually it is located near the entrance of the broadcast antenna.
Advantages of connecting without a receiver:
- No need to buy additional devices;
- The interior is not disturbed, so the receiver does not take up space.
- To view the channel, you can use only one remote control.
- The number of wires is significantly reduced.
To decode the channels, you will need to install the CAM module and access card. Without a module, watching TV channels will be extremely limited. When the module is installed, the cable from the satellite dish should be connected to a special socket using the F-connectors.
Instruction: how to connect the antenna to the TV
To connect the antenna cable and the power supply, you need to connect the cable to the plug in the power supply, where the antenna is active. First of all, you need to properly separate the cable. To do this, you need to move one and a half centimeters from the end of the cable, and then carefully cut the insulation. You need to do this in a circle.
When making cuts, it is important to ensure that the braid is not damaged, as well as the cable shield that is under the insulation.
After this, you need to push the screen hairs and foil back. It is necessary to retreat from the braid edge by 5 mm in order to cut the inner insulator and remove it. Then, the cable is carefully inserted under the plug so that the braid and the screen touch with the lower tinned area.
How to prepare the antenna cable:
- Find the end of the cable.
- Remove insulation.
- Move screen.
- Cut off the inner layer until the inner core appears.
- Connect the cable.
In order for the voltage to come from the antenna cable to the TV cable, it is necessary that the lower tinned plug-in area be touched. The braiding of the central core must not be allowed to occur. If a short circuit occurs, the power supply indicator goes out or is lit dimly.
How to connect a TV antenna easily and simply
A home television antenna is best organized with a splitter. A splitter is a metal box that includes one input F-connector, and several connectors come out. There can be several or many outputs: from 1 to 6. Depending on this, you can connect the antenna to several TVs at once.
To connect the home antenna correctly and efficiently, it is necessary to use a modern antenna cable that has a double shielding.
Double shielding eliminates a lot of electromagnetic interference. The central core of the cable can be completely copper, or it can be copper-plated. When choosing a cable, it is important to pay attention to the model of a particular TV.
How to connect an individual antenna:
- Insert the cable into the television jack.
- You can use a splitter to connect multiple TVs.
For optimal connection of several devices, you need to use a splitter. It will evenly distribute the signal. Such a connection is convenient for repairs. If the TVs begin to show poorly, it is necessary to check the operation of the signal network.
Instruction: how to connect the antenna to the TV
A street or indoor antenna can be connected to the TV yourself. Voltage is safe for human life, so even a beginner can perform the installation. The signal quality will depend on the correct connection, and, consequently, the convenience when watching TV. The antenna is connected using a television cable. His choice will depend on the TV model. The cable must be of high quality, otherwise the signal will not reach the TV, which will lead to frequent interference.