How to connect Airpods to Xiaomi phone
Airpods to Android connection process
In order to connect Airpods to an Android phone, follow these simple steps (screenshots are for Samsung Galaxy, but on a pure Android smartphone, everything is done in the same way):
- Put the Airpods in Bluetooth pairing mode. To do this, while the headphones are in the case, open it, and then press and hold the round button on the case until the white indicator flashes. If the indicator does not blink, but only glows white (and when you release the button it turns green). hold it longer: it will blink orange several times, and then start blinking white.
- Find Airpods from your phone. To do this, turn on Bluetooth on your phone and it will immediately start searching for available devices. If Bluetooth is already on, on Android go to Settings. Connections. Bluetooth and wait until Airpods are found.
- Connect to Airpods. Click on the found headphones, answer yes to the Bluetooth pairing request with Airpods and wait until the connection is complete.
Done, this will complete the process of connecting Airpods to your Android phone for the first time. In the future, to connect the headphones (provided that they have not been paired with another device), it will be enough to remove them from the case (provided that Bluetooth is turned on), in some cases. click on them in Settings. Connections. Bluetooth.
When used with Android, Airpods also let you control the tap on the headphones. pick up, pause, or rewind songs in the player without any problems. The only possible caveat is that the connection may not work correctly on non-new smartphones with old versions of Bluetooth.
How to connect Airpods to Android phone and use them
Headphones Apple Airpods have won their audience from iPhone owners, but, if desired, they can be used with an Android smartphone, just connect these headphones via Bluetooth.
This tutorial details how to connect Airpods or Airpods Pro to your Android phone and use them to listen to music, answer calls, and more. You may also be interested in: How to connect Airpods to a laptop or PC Windows.
Can I use Airpods with Android. video instruction
I hope the material was useful and in your case everything worked properly.
How to connect Airpods
Place your Airpods in the charging case and charge them if they are low.
Press and hold the button on the case to put the headphones into pairing mode.
On a smartphone, pull down from the top of the screen to open the notification shade.
Hold your finger on the “Bluetooth” icon to open its settings.
Turn on the Bluetooth module and click on the “Update” button.
If the headphones are not listed in Available Devices, open the Rarely Used section. Find the headphones and click on them.
Check the box “Allow access to contacts and call log”. Then select “Accept”.
Airpods will appear in the Paired Devices list.
How to connect Airpods to Android
Airpods can be connected to Android just like any other Bluetooth headphone. However, in order to use all their functionality, you will have to install an additional application.
Let’s look at a step-by-step guide on how to do this on your Android smartphone.
How to activate additional functionality of headphones
In order to activate all functionality in Airpods on Android, you must use a third-party application. Do the following:
Open Google Play and search for Assistant Trigger program. Click the “Install” button.
Wait while the program is downloaded and installed.
Click the “Open” button.
After starting, the program itself will ask for the permissions it needs. Click the “Allow” button.
Share the location. Select “Allow in any mode”.
Allow the display of pop-up windows. Click “Allow”.
Toggle the “Show over other applications” switch to the “On” position.
Disable battery optimization for this app to prevent the system from automatically cleaning up the background process. Click “Allow”.
Expand the dropdown menu and switch to “All Apps”.
Find “AssistantTrigger” and click on it.
Select “Do not save” and click “Finish”.
Go back to the application and activate the switch “Enable assistant”.
The program will request access to notifications. Click “Allow”.
Activate the switch next to AssistantTrigger.
Confirm access to notifications by clicking the “Allow” button.
Click “OK” in the pop-up window.
If the Airpods version is not automatically detected, open the “Headphone Model”.
Choose your model.
Click on the red button at the bottom of the screen.
You will see the display of your device data in a pop-up window.
Note! Now, using touch controls, you can pause playback, switch tracks, or bring up the Google Assistant. However, you cannot restart paused playback. Unfortunately, this can only be done from a smartphone.
How to connect your Airpods to Android (which will work)
The process will be similar to how you connect any other pair of Bluetooth headphones to your phone. As a reminder, on an iPhone, all you have to do is open the Airpods case and wait for the pairing message to appear. Using Airpods with Android requires a few more steps.
Swipe down on the home screen to open the quick settings panel, then press and hold the button with the Bluetooth icon;
Select “Add a new device” or “Connect a new device” (depending on your phone model, one of these two options will appear);
Open the Airpods charging case, press and hold the small button on the back of the case until the light flashes white;
Select Airpods from the pairing menu on your phone and follow the further prompts that appear on the screen.
After pairing your Airpods with your Android phone for the first time, they will work like any other Bluetooth headphone and will automatically connect to your phone when you take them out of the case and disconnect when you put them back in the case.
We connect Apple wireless headphones to Android: what will and what won’t work
In short: yes, you can connect Airpods to your Android device, but there are a few important things to keep in mind that cannot be ignored when connecting a device from one popular gadget manufacturer to another. Read about it below.
If you are an Android user or, conversely, use Apple, you will probably only stick to one of these products and not get in the way of gadgets.
So, if you have an iPhone in your. then you will have an Apple Watch on your hand, and you will use Airpods for musical accompaniment. Conversely, if you have a Samsung, then you will have a Galaxy Watch of one of the series on your hand, and Galaxy Buds Live in your ears.
But what happens if you, an Android user, decide to test Apple Airpods? Can you connect Apple headphones to your Android device? What do I need to do? And will the result be?
Yes, Android phones do allow Airpods to be used, and connecting / setting them up is pretty straightforward (not as straightforward as iPhones, but still). Here’s how you can do it:
How to connect Airpods to Android phone
The downside of using Airpods with Android (which won’t work)
Since Airpods work best with iPhones, there are several disadvantages to using them with an Android device. One feature that you won’t be able to experience on Android is the ability to quickly see the battery level of your earbuds. On iPhone, you can simply swipe left to see how much power your Airpods have left, but on Android, you’ll have to download a third-party app to check the battery level.
Another feature that Airpods don’t have paired with Android is automatically pause and resume when you take one of the Airpods out of your ear. Finally, you can’t tap Google Assitant on Airpods like you can with Siri on iPhone. For these purposes, you will have to use a voice assistant.
These are the nuances of use. As you can see, they have both their pros and cons. Although two systems will work. Checked out!
How to connect Xiaomi AirDots Pro to your phone
Xiaomi AirDots Pro
Since regular wired earbuds and earbuds were bulky and uncomfortable, the brand released the Xiaomi AirDots Pro wireless earbuds, which are easy to carry and provide a lot of comfort. These earbuds have the same features as the Apple Airpods. However, Apple Airpods are quite expensive, so we are looking at the Xiaomi AirDots Pro as an alternative.
- Pairing Xiaomi AirDots Pro with your phone
- Check the Bluetooth version of your phone
- Remove the earbuds from the charger
- Turn off Xiaomi AirDots
- Pairing two Xiaomi AirDots
- Pairing Xiaomi AirDots with your phone
Check the Bluetooth version of your phone
First of all, you will need to check the Bluetooth version of your phone. before starting pairing. This is due to the fact that Xiaomi Air Dots Pro is based on Bluetooth version 4.2, therefore it is supported in devices with Bluetooth version 4.2 or later, but not lower. Thus, you have to make sure your phone is compatible with the device by checking the Bluetooth version. To check the Bluetooth version, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down to Apps or Application Manager.
- Scroll down and select Bluetooth. Share this.
- Check the Bluetooth version of your phone.
Checking the Bluetooth version of your phone
Remove the earbuds from the charger
Then you will need to remove the earbuds from the charger. This is the case that houses the Xiaomi AirDots Pro. This will allow you to start the pairing process with ease.
Xiaomi AirDots Charger / Case
Turn off Xiaomi AirDots
When you remove the earbuds from the charger, they automatically turn on. so you need to turn them off by holding the touch area for about 3 seconds until you see them flashing red.
Pairing Xiaomi AirDots Pro with your phone
Since Xiaomi AirDots Pro has outstanding features, it is essential to ensure successful pairing and connection. This will allow you to enjoy the amazing functions of this accessory. Therefore, on this page, we offer you the easiest guide to successfully pair Xiaomi AirDots with your phone.
In addition, the device’s amazing features include high quality sound design, long battery life and good quality ANC (Active Noise Cancellation). This feature allows you to get rid of ambient noise and concentrate completely on your music or calls. In addition, Xiaomi AirDots Pro has excellent touch control and is highly waterproof.
To connect the Xiaomi AirDots earphone to your phone, you need to follow the steps below to achieve a successful connection.
Pairing two Xiaomi AirDots
After turning them off, you need to turn them back on to connect the two AirDots. To connect them, you need to hold their touching areas at the same time for about t 30 seconds. You will see the first and second series of red and white flashes. This means that the two AirDot points are in pairing mode. Now you need to put them back in the charging box for 5 seconds and take them out to pair with your phone. If pairing is successful, you will be able to see only the right earbud blinking.
Pairing Xiaomi AirDots with your phone
Now you need to connect AirDots to your phone. Since AirDots will be in pairing mode, you will need to go to your phone and continue connecting. You will need to follow these steps to connect your headphones to your mobile phone:
- Go to the phone and hit settings
- Click on
- Toggle the button next to Bluetooth to turn it on.
- Then click scan for devices and select Xiaomi AirDots to pair them. In the list of devices, select “Mi AirDots BASIC_R” or “Mi AirDots BASIC_L”.
How to Fix Redmi Note 8, 8T, 8 Pro Bluetooth Pairing Connection Issues?
Connecting Xiaomi AirDots Pro to a phone via Bluetooth
Note: If this requires a pairing code, be sure to enter 0000 as the pairing code.
To add to this, as soon as you connect the AirDots to your phone, the earbud will automatically pair with your phone when removed from the charger. over, if you need to connect Xiaomi AirDots Pro to other devices, you will have to disconnect it from the existing device and then connect to another device following the same steps described above.
Point It should be noted that Xiaomi AirDots Pro will automatically shut off when you take them out of your ear. It can even stay on standby for 30 minutes or more.
Step 1. Turn on the headphones
Before connecting to headphones, you must first turn them on somehow. I recommend that you read the instructions specifically for your model. some have separate buttons, and TWS like my AirDots are activated simply by removing from the case. we take out the right and left headphones and insert them into our ears along the way.
The rest of the steps need to be done while the Xiaomi wireless headphones are in the search mode (in my case, the white light on the right ear is blinking). If you didn’t have time to connect the first time, just turn off-turn on the headphones again (well, or put them back in the case and take them out).
On some Xiaomi headsets and headphones, to activate the connection mode, you need to hold down a button (for example, on the Xiaomi Bluetooth Headset, the button is held on top). once again I recommend that you simply read the instructions for YOUR SPECIFIC MODEL. But usually everything happens automatically without dancing with tambourines.
How to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones: my experience
Friends, I warmly welcome you to our next instruction article! Now you will find out how you can connect your Xiaomi Bluetooth headphones to a Xiaomi phone (and not only). The whole problem is created from the fact that for some reason the phone does not automatically connect them, as it is done in the same Airpods, but having configured this once, then everything will be connected automatically. I’m sure it will take less than a minute. Begin.
If you have any questions or doubts, write them in the comments below this article. I will not be lazy, I will take out my headphones and once again try to bring your script to life on my smartphone. Everything for Wi-FiGid readers.
- Primary connection
- Step 1. Turn on the headphones
- Step 2. Phone
- Additions from the author
Step 2. Phone
Now let’s go directly to the phone. Since we are dealing with Bluetooth, we go to its settings (all pictures below are clickable to enlarge):
Headphones should appear in the opened tab after a while:
If they are not here, turn off and turn on the headphones again, and exit and re-enter the Bluetooth settings. As a result, you should have headphones there as in the picture above. Please note that only the RIGHT earphone is visible. Redmi AirDots_R. this is normal for TWS earphones when one of them is the main one. Those. you connect to the right one, and they somehow agree with each other without us.
All. Headphones appear in the list of paired devices.
Then all you have to do is turn on the headphones, and they will automatically connect to your phone. And no more customization! Is it convenient? If one day they do not want to automatically connect. either we try to restart the headphones and the phone, or remove the headphones from the paired devices and try to reconnect as in the first paragraph.
The bundle will be carried out on the Redmi Note 9 Pro phone and headphones with one of the most popular headphones for the current day. Redmi AirDots. But in general, everything works about the same, so if you need general detailed instructions, you can carefully read THIS ARTICLE.
Additions from the author
There is nothing more to add here. But if there is something else. write, I will add below.
- Yes, the headphones pair well with both Android and Apple. there were no problems in operation, the Bluetooth standard is the same for everyone (well, almost).
- Another very common problem with the invisibility of headphones is that they are simply discharged or the battery has died. I recommend charging to the full and making sure that the lights signal that the device is working and is in search.
- Not all headsets support connecting multiple devices to them. therefore, before looking for and connecting headphones, I recommend making sure that they are not already connected to another device (in my case, headphones often connect to a laptop before finding a phone).
- Connecting to Windows computers also occurs without any problems. In my practice, Xiaomi always works without any dirty tricks, the sound goes to both headphones.
- And yes, I almost forgot, Xiaomi phones can easily connect to any Bluetooth headphones without any visible restrictions. Like any Xiaomi headphones, they work with any technology. Those. understand that Bluetooth technology is backward compatible for everyone. Therefore, if something does not work or does not connect. or you have not activated pairing mode, or the battery is dead, or your headphones are time to go to the trash can. Happy End) For non-believers, there is still a reset to Factory settings. But personally, oh, how I do not like this business (I reset only when I change the phone).
How to connect Xiaomi AirDots headphones to your phone?
Today, all consumers are crazy about accessories for smartphones that do not have wires. That is why manufacturers are forced to resort to the latest technologies. However, some users experience some difficulties in connecting new gadgets to smartphones. This guide will help you figure out how to connect AirDots to your phone.
First connection method
- Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone;
- Take the headphones out of the case;
- Press the headphone touch panel at the same time until the white indicator turns on. After that, the panel can be released;
- The LED on the right earphone will light up;
- In the item “Discovery of devices” will be found “Mi AirDots Basic_R”. This is the main earphone, it will automatically connect the left earphone when it detects an available Bluetooth connection.
- After that, the phone will ask for permission to exchange information. You need to give consent.
If after these actions there is sound only in the right AirDots earphone, then you should touch the touch panel on the left earphone.
The manufacturer intended that the headphones will automatically connect to the phone as soon as Bluetooth is turned on. As soon as the LED stops flashing on the two earbuds, it means ready to pair.
The second way how to connect Redmi AirDots to the phone
If after the first method the headphones do not work correctly, then you need to reset the headphones settings. This option helps absolutely in any situation when there are some errors with synchronization. This can be done as follows:
- Open Bluetooth and remove the device;
- Take the headphones out of the case;
- Keep your fingers on the touchpads;
- Wait until the white and red LEDs go out;
- Continue to hold the panel even after a complete shutdown;
- After a couple of seconds, the second time, the red and white indicator will flash;
- Return the headphones back to the case;
- Reconnect the headphones according to the previous instructions.
If the red LED is on, it means that the battery is discharged. If a white LED is visible, the battery is 100% charged
Headphones are connected in the same way, regardless of the operating system of the phone.
You can change the volume using the touch panel.
In order to check the exact battery level, you need to go to Bluetooth devices.
If, when you turn on or off the headphones, the owner hears speech in Chinese, then this is the way it should be.
Only one earphone can be connected. To do this, you need to put the second earphone in the case, wait about 15 seconds until the fast vibration passes and you can connect.
How to connect both earbuds:
- Take the headphones out of the case.
- Open the “Bluetooth” tab on your phone located in the “Settings”.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Update” button to search for new devices.
- In the list, select the name of the accessory “Mi True Wireless EBs Basic_R (Right. right earphone)”.
- Click on the name and confirm the connection request.
- Next, you will see your accessory in the list of “Paired devices”. connected devices.
- In the menu, you will see information about the status of the headphones and the battery level.
Done! You can now listen to music.
The manufacturer decided not to be limited to one connection method and, just in case, provided a second method.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones to the phone: instruction
Wireless headphones have been the flagship accessory of the past few years. and more often people are replacing “wires” with a more comfortable headset. Therefore, now many brands focus their production on such gadgets. The Chinese brand Xiaomi also does not stand aside. in the spring of 2019, the manufacturer released the new Xiaomi Redmi AirDots, also known as Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic. According to buyers, they provide good performance and great sound. How to deal with connecting them to a smartphone. we will discuss in this article.
- 1 Charging
- 2 How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones
- 2.1 How to connect both earbuds:
- 2.2 How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones. second method:
The gadget will not be able to work if it is not charged, so place it in a case to fill the battery before using it. If the indicator is red, Redmi AirDots are charging, if white. they are ready for use.
Take the headset out of the case and wait a couple of seconds. the earbuds should sync with each other. When the left catches the signal from the right, sync is complete, as indicated by an indicator that will flash white.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones. second way:
- Take them out of the case.
- Hold the touchpads on both earbuds.
- There should be a couple of flashes of red and white light. hold the touch buttons.
- There will be another blinking of both colors.
- Place the accessory back into the case.
- Take it out and wait a little. the fast flashes become slow at the right earbud.
- Then just plug the earphones into your phone.
What you need to know about connection
Let’s pay attention to some nuances that are useful to know and take into account when it becomes necessary to connect Redmi AirDots.
Connection and control features:
- Remember the indicator colors: red means there is no battery charge at the moment, white means ready for use, full charge.
- The sound volume is controlled only by the rocker on the smartphone itself.
- The connection methods are the same on Android and IOS.
- Recharging the battery takes about 45 minutes.
- Battery life: about 3-4 hours.
- To use only the right or only the left earphone, take one device out of the case, and leave the other there, wait until the frequent flashes change to slow ones and connect in the usual way.
- The headset is connected to the computer in the same way.
How to connect Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones
To connect headphones, you only need a Bluetooth-enabled phone and the accessory itself.
Please note that turning on and off the gadget occurs as a result of removing or putting the headphones back into the case, respectively. So do not try to find any buttons with which you can activate them.
What to do if headphones won’t connect
Many people ask this question when the gadget cannot sync with the phone, or the name of the wireless headphones has disappeared from the list of paired devices.
Instructions for returning the accessory to work are as follows:
- Take the AirDots out of the case, they must be turned off.
- Pinch the touchpad on each earbud for up to 15 seconds.
- After blinking three times, put the earbuds back in the case and let them charge.
- Go to the “Bluetooth” page on your phone and remove the name of the gadget from the list.
- Finally, go through the entire connection process from the very beginning.
How to unlink Airpods from your Android phone
To disconnect Airpods from an Android smartphone, you need to remove the Airpods device in the settings, Bluetooth connections, and the wireless headphones will be untied from the device.
Important points when using Apple headphones with Android smartphones:
- when using Airpods with Android, you will have access to the voice control function, since this requires the voice assistant Siri, which works only in the eco-system of Apple devices;
- also, you will not be able to see the charging indication and control it. These features are only available when paired with an iPhone;
- when you take out the headphones, the music will not stop like in the case of the iPhone
How to connect Airpods to Android smartphone
There is nothing difficult in connecting Airpods to Android, and pairing between headphones and a phone on Android is almost as fast as with an iPhone.
Before connecting, it is important that the headphones are in the case!
- The first condition for a successful Airpods connection, no matter how trite it sounds, is to activate Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Then, take the Airpods case, open the cover without removing the headphones from it.
- Next, hold down and hold the round button on the headphone case (located on the back), holding until the green indicator flashes white.
- The next step is on an Android smartphone in the Bluetooth connection section, select pairing with Airpods.
how to connect i12 TWS (Fake Airpods) with Xiaomi Phone
After pairing the devices, you can freely listen to music in Airpods from your Android smartphone or tablet.
We recommend our interesting and useful article on how to connect a USB flash drive to an Android smartphone or tablet.
Is it possible to connect Airpods to an Android smartphone?
With all the credit for Android smartphone manufacturers, we must admit that Apple, and Airpods in particular, brought innovation and impetus to the development of wireless headphones. The rivalry between the two leaders of Google (Android), including smartphone manufacturers and Apple, has created many technologies in mobile devices. In our article, we want to share about the possibility of connecting Apple wireless headphones to Android smartphones and offer you instructions on how to connect Airpods to an Android phone.
- Can Airpods Connect to Android
- How to connect Airpods to Android smartphone
- Video on how Airpods are connected to an Android smartphone
- How to unlink Airpods from your Android phone
- FAQs about connecting Apple Airpods wireless headphones to Android devices
FAQs about connecting Apple Airpods wireless headphones to Android devices
The Airpods will not be able to use the Siri voice assistant as in conjunction with the iPhone. Also, auto pause will not work. But these are not such significant functions as to refuse to use Airpods in conjunction with Android devices.
If you’re having trouble pairing your Airpods with your Android phone, the first thing to do is make sure the Bluetooth is turned on. Check the charge of the case and headphones, perhaps due to a low charge or its complete absence, you cannot connect mongrel headphones. Did not help? Reset your wireless headset by pressing the button on the headphone case. Then you should reboot your Android device.