How to connect Airpods to macbook
Setting up Airpods control gestures
It is very convenient to give commands by voice, but it is not always appropriate. Especially in noisy city traffic. In these cases, it is much better to prepare special gestures for use in order to use the method of double tapping on the Airpods body. Or maybe you generally enjoy using tap rather than Siri. Then set up headphone controls on your iPhone.
- Open “Settings”, section “Bluetooth”.
- Headphones must be connected to the phone so that they are in the list of devices.
- Tap on the line with Airpods.
- In the window that opens, there is a setting for the right or left earphone.
- From the list of options, mark the one to activate which you want to use a double tap.
You can turn off double-tap control altogether if it turns out that this control method is not suitable.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
In order to start listening to music through Bluetooth headphones, you need to connect them to your iPhone. For this:
- bring the case with the headphones to the smartphone, open the lid;
- click “Connect” on the phone screen;
- then you will be asked to press the pairing button located on the back of the headphone case.
Voila! Pairing has been established and you can now listen to audio.
If you want to connect Airpods to another Apple phone, you will need to perform the same three steps.
Want to connect your pods to your Apple Watch? You don’t have to do anything, because as soon as the headphones are connected to the iPhone, they will automatically connect to the smartwatch as well. A similar situation will be with the iPad and MacBook, all thanks to iCloud sync.
Disable automatic ear detection
By default, new Airpods are programmed so that when you remove one of the earbuds from your ear, sensors are triggered and music playback is paused. The playing of tracks through the plugs will be completely stopped if you remove both “subs” from your ears at once. Playback will continue through the built-in speakers of your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. But there is a way how to make sure that switching the audio output does not work in this case and the songs continue to sound in the headphones. it doesn’t matter if Airpods are inserted into the ears or not.
- Enter the settings menu on the iOS device and open the Bluetooth section.
- Select Airpods from the list.
- In the headphone options, find “Auto-detect ear” and set the switch to “Off.”.
After disabling this option, you can listen to tracks through one earphone, and through the second you can offer to listen to the same music to a friend or, if required, put a free insert in the charging case.
How to connect Airpods to an Android device
The H1 processor found in Airpods Pro (the W1 in 1st and 2nd generation headphones) eliminates the need to “dance with tambourines” when pairing with the main device, but only if you have a compatible iPhone or MacBook. For owners of Android devices, it’s not so simple, but it’s not hopeless either. Here’s how you can “make friends” “Airpods” and Android smartphones and tablets:
- open the Airpods case;
- press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case to start the pairing process;
- on your Android phone, open the settings menu, select Bluetooth;
- find Airpods in the list of devices and click “Connect”.
The connection with the Android device should be established. But keep in mind that since this is not iOS, some of the functions (for example, automatic playback stop when one of the earbuds is taken out of the ear, noise cancellation adjustment, touch control, the ability to fine-tune the microphone) will be unavailable.
The function of setting up gesture control, for example, assigning functions to “double tap”, will also be unavailable, but double-tapping will work as a “play / pause” button.
Instructions for setting up and using Airpods headphones
The world of TWS headphones is unthinkable without Apple products. The Cupertino-based company has gone to great lengths to ensure that owners of Airpods, Airpods 2 or Airpods Pro can enjoy these easy-to-use earbuds. This article contains basic instructions and tips to teach you how to use your wireless headphones correctly.
We would like to emphasize that each instruction concerns only the original Airpods of the first or second generation, as well as Pro and does not in any way apply to analogues from other manufacturers or fake Airpods.
Adjusting the playback volume using Siri
Your favorite piece of music is playing, and you grab your smartphone to turn up the volume. Common situation? Airpods make the solution look more elegant. Yes, Siri will do it for you.
To adjust the sound volume using Siri:
- double tap on the right or left earphone to call the digital assistant;
- give the command to increase or decrease the volume by a certain number of percent (for example, say: “Siri, turn up the volume by 50%”).
You can also ask her to go to the next or previous track, turn on music or pause playback.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
It is impossible to say unequivocally that Airpods headphones were created in order to work in tandem with an iPhone. After all, it happens when you want to watch a movie or music videos on a larger screen, and then you need to pair it with a MacBook. This task is doable, the connection steps will be the same for all MacBook models.
If you haven’t connected Airpods to your iPhone before, here’s what you need to do:
- open the charging case that contains your earbuds;
- press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case body;
- open the menu with options on the MacBook and go to “System Preferences”;
- tap the Bluetooth section;
- in the list of devices that opens, select Airpods and click “Connect”.
Check how the audio is played. If it does not go through the headphones, go to the Bluetooth menu and in the line with the sound settings (the “loudspeaker” icon) mark your Airpods as a device for sound output.
Also, you can easily connect Airpods to a Windows computer.
How to check the battery charge of the headphones and case
What else can spoil your mood like dead Airpods and charging case batteries when you’re on the go on a noisy subway or commuter train? If the earbuds are connected to an iPhone or iPad, you can check the battery charge by simply clicking the case cover.
- Open the Airpods case.
- Take a look at your device screen.
Almost immediately after you open the cover of the case, a window will appear on the smartphone, in which the percentage of the charge of a pair of plugs and the case itself will be displayed.
If you are using headphones with a MacBook:
- open the case with inserts;
- click on the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of the navigation bar;
- hover the mouse cursor over the Airpods line in the list of wireless devices;
- check battery status.
You can also install the Airpods battery level widget on your iOS device. Unfortunately, Android users are deprived of such an easy way to monitor the battery status of Apple headphones. Although this can be done using a third-party application BatOn, which needs to be installed on Android.
Connect Airpods to Mac manually
- If you have second generation Airpods, make sure you are using macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. if you have Airpods Pro, you will need to use macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later ( About This Mac)
- Since Airpods don’t automatically pair with macOS, click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar on the right.
- If you’re using the same Apple ID on your Mac as your iPhone that’s paired with Airpods, they should appear in your Bluetooth device list
- Hover over your Airpods and click Connect
- If they do not appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, click Open Bluetooth settings
- Press and hold the button on the back of the Airpods case (with Airpods in the case) until the LED flashes white so they can be detected
- click Connect
These steps look like this:
If they don’t appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your Mac, click Open Bluetooth Preferences,
Now put your Airpods or Airpods Pro into pairing mode by pressing and holding the button on the back of the case until the LED flashes white.
How to manually connect Airpods to Mac with one click
How to connect Airpods to Mac
Whether you’ve purchased a pair of Airpods or Airpods Pro, or have had them for a while but just haven’t used them on your Mac, find out how to connect Airpods and Airpods to your Mac. We’ll also take a look at how to set up a seamless one-click keyboard shortcut or keyboard shortcut with Mac.
One of the best features of Airpods and Airpods Pro is the smooth and easy connection with iOS and iPadOS. Fully wireless earbuds automatically pair with your iPhone and iPad when you open the case and tuck them into your ears. However, the process is not as smooth when connected to a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or another Mac.
Below, we’ll take a look at manually connecting your Airpods to your Mac, as well as using some third-party software for more iOS-style pairing on your Mac.
And if you’re having trouble connecting your Airpods, or sound is not playing with one of them, we have a guide for that:
Use one-click keyboard shortcut or keyboard shortcut to connect Airpods to MacBook
There are some great third-party options to make your Airpods connect to your Mac smoother. Two of the most popular AirBuddy and the Tooth Fairy.I use AirBuddy myself and I love how it offers a user interface just like you see on iOS when you open the Airpods case next to your MacBook.
Instead of a three-step process of pairing your Bluetooth settings, you get a one-click pairing from a Mac with AirBuddy. If you like keyboard shortcuts, ToothFairy invites them to pair your Airpods and Mac.
In your Mac view today, AirBuddy also offers a widget that shows all battery levels, including the Airpods and Airpods case.
How Airpods Connect to Mac Works
If your Airpods are already connected to your iPhone, in many cases your Mac will be connected as well. This is due to the fact that usually all devices are connected to iCloud and therefore “known” to each other. However, this requires you to use the same Apple ID on all devices. Mac must have “HandOff” enabled.
If headphones are not connected yet:
- On your Mac, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click the Bluetooth icon
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Without removing the Airpods from the charging case, open the cover.
- Press and hold the setting button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- Select the Airpods in the list of devices and click the “Connect” button.
Connect Airpods to Mac
How to connect Airpods to Mac
Set up Airpods with Mac
Apple has set new standards for wireless headphones with Airpods. But they can connect not only with iPhones and iPads, but also with Android devices and even PCs. We’ll show you how it works.
The earbuds work with Macs running macOS Sierra and newer.
Why Airpods won’t connect to Mac
On older Macs without HandOff, pairing only works via Bluetooth. Therefore, you need to do the following:
- First, click the volume icon in the menu bar. This is where Airpods should appear in the list of available devices.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Apple menu | System Settings | Bluetooth for Airpods.
- Select it from the list and click “Connect”
What to do if your Airpods won’t connect to your Mac, one of the following can help:
- Open “System settings”, click “Bluetooth”, then. “Turn off Bluetooth”, wait 30 seconds, then click “Turn on Bluetooth”;
- In the menu bar, click the speaker icon and specify Airpods in the Output Device list;
- On a Mac computer, open “System Preferences”, click “Bluetooth”, wait for the Mac to finish searching for available devices and Airpods appear in the list, now in the menu bar (at the very top of the screen) click the speaker icon, also wait a little while all devices are displayed in the list. choose Airpods. Waiting for the connection signal.
- Occasionally, multiple reboots of the Mac also help, during which the old iCloud cache and Bluetooth are cleared.
Disconnecting and removing headphones
In order to unlink Airpods from Mac, open Bluetooth settings, right-click on the name of the headphones and select “Delete”.
If you need to remove headphones from your account and unlink them from your Apple ID:
- Open the Latitude app.
- Select the Airpods you want.
- Click on the i icon to the right of the name and click on the red link “Remove this device”.
If you’ve previously connected your headphones to any device with your Apple ID and you’re signed in to iCloud on your Mac, you may not need to pair your headphones.
In this case, Airpods will show up in the Bluetooth or Volume menu:
Through this menu, for the Pro version, you can turn on noise reduction and transparency mode.
If there are no volume and Bluetooth control icons in the menu, open System Preferences and select the Bluetooth or Sound section.
In the first case, check the box at the bottom of the window opposite “Show Bluetooth in the menu bar”, in the second. “Show volume in the menu bar”.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro
Connecting Airpods to a Mac is the same whether it’s a MacBook Pro, Air, iMac, or Mac mini or Pro. Minor differences can only be in the appearance of the interface due to different versions of the operating system.
Three points about operating system versions:
- Airpods Pro need macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later to automatically connect.
- Airpods 2 require macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or higher (read Pro Comparison).
- First generation wireless headphones can automatically connect to macOS Sierra or later.
- Pairing check
- How to connect Airpods to Mac
- Disconnecting and removing headphones
- If Airpods won’t connect
How to connect Airpods to Mac
Follow these instructions to connect Airpods to your Mac:
- Go to “System Preferences” macOS and go to the Bluetooth menu.
- Open the lid of the headphone case and bring it to your Mac.
- Press and hold the setting button on the back of the case body.
- Select Airpods from the list of Bluetooth devices and click “Connect”.
- Turn on Siri for Airpods or click Cancel to do it later.
Apple Airpods are now paired with your MacBook Pro and will soon be available to all devices in your iCloud account.
If sound is coming from Mac speakers, make sure you are using Airpods as the audio output device and not your computer speakers.
If Airpods won’t connect
First, make sure that the correct version of the operating system is installed: we wrote about the OS requirements at the very beginning of this article.
After that open “System Preferences”. Bluetooth. If you see headphones in the list of devices, but you cannot connect them, click the gray cross to the right of the name to remove them.
Or right-click on the name and select delete from the drop-down list.
After deleting, re-add them by following 2 steps:
- Open the lid of the case with the headphones inside and bring it closer to the Mac.
- Airpods will appear in the list of devices, select them and click “Connect”.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, you’ll need to reset your Airpods:
- Place the earbuds in the charging case, close the lid and wait 30 seconds.
- Open the lid and hold down the setting button on the back of the case.
- After about 15 seconds, the status light will start flashing amber.
- Reset completed.
All that remains is to reconnect them to your Mac.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
Why Connect Airpods to MacBook
Airpods wireless earbuds have received very mixed reception from users. But today we already have the second version, and there is no alternative worthy in terms of quality and price.
When you’re working on your MacBook at home, in the office, or on the go, it’s very convenient to switch to headphones from time to time. This allows you to concentrate on specific activities, conduct high-quality negotiations and at the same time remain in touch with the outside world. Below we offer a simple instruction on how to connect Airpods to MacBook, and how you can use it with the greatest convenience in your daily work.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
First of all, I must say that everything that Apple does is reliable and easy to use. Therefore, headphones can be plugged in within minutes.
- We check the update, if you are trying to connect Airpods Pro, then for normal operation you need at least macOS Catalina 10.15.1.
- Then we check if Bluetooth is enabled.
- Now we open the cover of the case without removing the headphones from them., On the back surface, hold the button until the indicator on the front panel blinks white.
- On Mac, in the upper right corner, where the clock and other system indicators are located, click on the speaker or Bluetooth icon. New Airpods should appear here, select “Connect”.
- If nothing happened, go to the upper left corner and select “System Preferences” (Apple), go to the menu, “Bluetooth”.
- In the list of devices, select the Airpods headphones and click “Connect”.
- To test if the headphones are functional, say “Hey Siri”. If this function is not active, go to “System Preferences”, “Siri”, check that the “Listen to Siri” function is active for Airpods.
If everything is relatively simple with connecting Airpods, then let’s figure out further how to connect two pairs of Airpods to a MacBook. Sometimes it becomes necessary to connect a second user to a conversation or to view and listen to content. In such a situation, it would be convenient not to e headphones, but to connect another pair.
How to connect two pairs of Airpods to a MacBook
Pre-connect the second headphones to the MacBook, using the same technology as the first ones.
- Then in Finder go to “Programs”, select “Audio MIDI Settings”. In the lower left part of the window that opens, click the plus.
- Select “Create Multi-Output Device”.
From the list that appears, select the second pair of headphones in the window and hold down the Ctrl button and press “Use This Device For Sound Output”.
- Then go to “Apple”, “System Preferences”, “Sound”.
- On the “Output” tab, select the previously created “Multi-Output Device”.
That’s it, after that the sound from the MacBook will be broadcast to all connected devices.
Connecting Airpods to MacBook
Before starting the process, answer the question: Are your Airpods connected to the iPhone? If so, and your MacBook and iPhone are on the same Apple ID, the wireless headphones will be automatically paired with the laptop. To test, insert Airpods into your ear and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar on your MacBook. The headphones should appear among the devices, to connect, click on them in the list.
Most often, automatic connection does not work, so if you have not succeeded yet, follow these simple steps:
click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and make sure it is turned on;
in the same drop-down menu select “Open Bluetooth settings”;
open the charging case, which contains the headphones;
press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicator flashes white;
Airpods should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your MacBook, click “Connect” to establish a connection.
In a couple of seconds, Airpods will be connected to your MacBook and you will enjoy the freedom of wireless headphones.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
22557 nbsp nbsp nbsp 28 jan. 2019 nbsp nbsp nbsp
Today we will tell you how to connect Airpods wireless headphones to MacBook and provide step-by-step instructions.
Apple released Airpods in 2016. Then users were surprised by the non-standard design and high price of wireless headphones. Now no one denies their convenience. Airpods Benefits:
sufficient battery life;
excellent sound quality;
After Apple merged the charging and headphone jacks, Airpods became the only way to properly listen to music on the iPhone.
How To Connect Airpods To Macbook
The process of connecting wireless headphones to iPhone is quick and easy. The same cannot be said for connecting Airpods to iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. Keep reading to find out all about how to connect Airpods to Mac.
Why Airpods won’t connect to MacBook?
If the wireless headphones are connected to the iPhone, sometimes there are problems establishing the connection with other devices. To connect headphones to your MacBook, you need to temporarily turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone. Actions need to be carried out through the “Settings”. “Bluetooth”. Turning off Bluetooth through Control Center does not completely disable the feature and allows connection to Apple Watch and Airpods.
Make sure the headphones are sufficiently charged. To do this, open the charging case and look at the LED indicator, it should be on.
If the headphones do not respond, you can restore the factory settings. To do this, press and hold the button on the Airpods case for 3-5 seconds until the LED indicator flashes yellow three times.
It’s worth noting that your Apple Airpods can connect perfectly to your MacBook; however, they have a special kind of connection to the iPhone. And that’s because all new iPhones have a dedicated audio processing chip. This is to ensure that the sound played from the iPhone to the Air Pods has a clearer and clearer quality. Apple Airpods still sound great no matter what device you plug into them. they just won’t have that familiar plug-in sound that the iPhone’s audio processing chip provided.
iCloud and Apple Airpods
If you’ve already connected Apple Airpods to your iPhone and signed in with an iCloud account on all devices, it’s actually really easy to use Apple Airpods with a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro. even with a Mac Pro or iMac.!
Go to the desired Apple computer and sign in with your username and password. After signing in, and preparing your Apple Airpods, you need to click the Bluetooth button in the upper right corner of the screen in the menu bar.
If you haven’t connected your Apple Airpods to your iPhone yet, or you simply don’t see the connection in the Bluetooth menu, then you need to do something manually to connect your Apple Airpods to one of your MacBook devices.
The first step is to log into your Mac device and then go to System Preferences. there click on Bluetooth. Now click on the white button on the left side of the panel to move the Bluetooth slider to the “On” position. Once turned on, we can begin the process of pairing Apple Airpods with your Mac.
Now grab your Airpods and open your case. Then press and hold the white button on the back of the case. three seconds should be enough to start the pairing process. The pairing process has started with a white status indicator. Once you’ve done that, you’ll see Apple Airpods appear under Bluetooth in System Preferences. Then click the blue Connect button to pair your Mac with Apple Airpods. It may take a few seconds, but once you do, your Apple Airpods should be connected not only to your Mac, but to your entire iCloud account.
This means that if you haven’t connected them to an iPhone or iPad before, they should automatically reconnect when you use a particular device after you put them in your ears, although you may have to manually select them on the iPad from bluetooth menu.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
If you’re looking for new ways to use Apple Airpods, you’ve found the article you are looking for. Most likely, you already know how to connect headphones to your iPhone, or perhaps to your Android smartphone. However, what about the MacBook? Or MacBook Air? MacBook Pro? What if you are tired of using the standard speakers of these laptops and want to slightly improve the sound quality with Apple Airpods? The good news is that this type of connection is also supported.
If you’re ready to make your Apple Airpods a little more versatile by connecting them to your MacBook computer, be sure to follow the instructions below. We will walk you through the steps to connect your headphones to your device (s). Here’s how to do it!
As you can see, it is quite quick and easy to pair Apple Airpods with just about any Mac device. Apple has made switching between devices extremely fast, and once you connect them to one device, you can use them across all Apple devices associated with your iCloud account.!
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
Airpods headphones are very easy to use and compatible with any Bluetooth enabled device. There is a myth that these headphones only work with Apple products. This is an extremely erroneous judgment. Therefore, the question arises in users how to connect Airpods to MacBook.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
Connecting headphones to a gadget does not take long and is not laborious. This type of headphone works with the following devices:
- Mac, with OS Sierra and later;
- IPod, with OS 10.1 or higher;
- IPhone, with OS 10.1 or higher;
- Apple Watch OS 3 or higher.
Based on this, we can conclude that these headphones work perfectly with native devices.
This instruction is suitable not only for a person who wants to connect headphones to a MacBook, but also for those who want to connect them to an iPhone. You can also connect your headphones to Apple TV using the guide below. To make a connection, you should follow these steps:
- check if the headphones are placed in a special case. If not, then place;
- there is a special switch on the back of the case, open the case and press that switch;
- when a characteristic indicator flashes between the headphones, this will indicate that they are ready to be connected.
What to do if the connection fails
This problem lies in the fact that in the corresponding window of the device, the headphones may not be displayed. Check these points and try to connect again. For this:
- make sure that the headphones are charged and are in sufficient proximity to the gadget;
- close the case for 20 seconds and open it again, the indication should be in white;
- if the indicator does not function, then try holding the switch for a minute. The switch is located on the back of the case;
- if none of the above helps, then try holding the switch even longer until the indicator turns yellow.
When registering for repairs, you get a DISCOUNT. 5%
It is known that Apple laptops are endowed with not the best speakers, and sometimes you want surround sound, for this it is worth connecting headphones. If you want good sound for your laptop, but don’t want to resort to using headphones, then there is a large number of Bluetooth speakers that will give you what you want. The speakers are connected according to the same principle as the headphones.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook Pro / Air?
Airpods are an essential gadget for Apple technology today. If the connection from the iPhone is very simple, then in the case of the MacBook, some users sometimes have problems.
Now I will try to tell you in order how the whole process of connecting these headphones to a MacBook Air or Pro takes place. In both cases, the circuit is exactly the same.
The most interesting news about Apple technology and not only.
Connect Airpods to Mac
Difficulties are encountered by a fairly large number of people, so I will show you a method that will work one hundred percent.
So, follow these steps:
click the Apple in the upper right corner. System settings. Bluetooth (it must be enabled);
Apple. System Preferences
It may be that when you open the Bluetooth window, the desired item will already be present on the right side.
This is due to the fact that you’ve already connected your Airpods to an iPhone / iPad that uses the same Apple ID as the MacBook. It turns out that your computer already knows about the existence of this device.
In this case, if Bluetooth is already on, just insert the headphones into your ears, click to connect Airpods and listen to your favorite music.
If you want to customize gestures, then after connecting, the Options item will appear. We select it and a window appears in which you can configure everything.
Connecting via the Sound icon
If the first method works 100 percent, then there may be a couple of nuances with this. The thing is that in order to implement it, two points must be fulfilled:
- there must be a Volume Icon in the Menu Bar;
- Previously, Airpods were connected to an iPhone / iPad that shares the same Apple ID with the MacBook.
I can advise you to turn on the first item in any case, because it will help to more conveniently switch between headphones and speakers (if not already).
Just go to Apple. System settings. Sound. go to the Exit tab. click the checkmark opposite Show volume in the menu bar.
If both points are completed, then you need to complete only two steps:
- insert headphones into your ears;
- click on the Volume icon in the menu bar and select the item Airpods.
If everything was done correctly, then you can use the second method as the main one. Apple recommends connecting this way on its website.
How to connect Airpods to Windows 10 computer
Airpods are designed to work with other Apple products, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them on your Windows PC or laptop.
Connecting Airpods to a Windows computer is not intuitive and can be tricky because you need to use the charging case that comes with the earbuds.
How to pair Airpods with Windows for the first time
To connect Airpods to your Windows 10 laptop or computer, follow these simple steps:
- Insert the earbuds into the charging case, make sure they are at least partially charged.
- Open the cover of the case without removing the headphones from it.
- Press and hold the round button on the back of the charging case for a few seconds until its indicator blinks white.
- Open Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 by clicking on the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, or by searching for “Bluetooth” in the search box on the taskbar and clicking on “Bluetooth & Other Devices Settings” when it appears.
Select your wireless headphones from the list of found devices. After a few seconds, you will see a message that the Airpods are successfully paired and connected to the PC.
Note. If you receive a connection error, close your Airpods case, restart your computer, and repeat the step-by-step instructions above.
All that remains is to remove the earbuds from the charging case, plug them into your ears and enjoy the sound.
If the connection was successful, but there is no sound or the Airpods microphone does not work, then open Settings → System → Sound and make sure that the headphones are selected as the output and input device.
Connecting Apple Wireless Headphones to your computer is as easy as connecting any other Bluetooth device. To turn them off, simply put the Airpods back in the charging case and close the lid.
Reconnecting Airpods to your Windows computer
If you’ve paired before, your Apple earbuds should automatically connect to your PC after a few seconds every time you take them out of the case.
If for some reason Windows 10 does not see Airpods, you need to reconnect them:
- Open the Bluetooth settings of your Windows 10 computer.
- Scroll down to the Audio section in the Bluetooth & Other Devices list, click on the Airpods list.
- Click Connect.
Connect Airpods to Macbook. How To
If for some reason the Airpods still won’t reconnect, place them in the charging case, restart Windows, and repeat the process.
If the problem persists, then at step 3, select “uninstall” to unpair the Airpods, and then start the pairing process again, described at the beginning of the article.
Your Airpods can’t connect to your MacBook?
With the detailed instructions above, you should be able to successfully connect your Airpods to your MacBook. However, there are still a number of issues that you may encounter when trying to establish a connection that will prevent your Airpods from pairing to your MacBook successfully. These annoying issues further frustrate users when they occur during reconnection after the original connection has been successfully completed. If you’re having trouble connecting Airpods to your MacBook, try the following troubleshooting steps.
One of the most common reasons your Airpods fail to connect to your MacBook is a Bluetooth connection issue. This issue is very common due to the instability of your Bluetooth connection and also due to iCloud freezing.
Here’s how to fix it:
Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of the MacBook menu bar and select Disable Bluetooth from the drop-down list. Then, after waiting a couple of minutes, turn Bluetooth back on and try connecting your Airpods to your MacBook again. Sometimes it works. But if that doesn’t work, turn off both Airpods and MacBook and then restart your computer. This can usually fix any connection failure.
Your Airpods can still be connected to your iPhone or other devices
Are your Airpods still connected to your iPhone while they are being used with your MacBook? If so, this may be the reason for the failed connection. While Apple claims Airpods can connect to multiple devices at the same time, this is not always the case. Sometimes Airpods don’t work when connected to multiple devices at the same time.
Here’s how to fix it:
In these circumstances, it’s a good idea to turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone to ensure the Airpods connect to your MacBook successfully. To do this, you need to go to Settings “Bluetooth” on iPhone, then find your Airpods and select “Forget this device”.
Your Airpods are completely unresponsive
If you’ve tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and find that your Airpods are still not responding, you should reset your Airpods. It’s always helpful to get your Airpods back to normal.
Here’s how to fix it:
Place your Airpods in the charging case. Then press and hold the button that is used for setting on the back of the charger until the LED indicator flashes amber three times.
How to connect Apple Airpods to your MacBook
Ever since Apple Airpods were first introduced in 2016, shiny wireless earbuds have been all the rage. Indeed, Airpods offer iPhone users the easiest way to listen to music while allowing users to enjoy superior sound quality, longer battery life, and a comfortable ear fit. Therefore, more and more people are choosing to use powerful Airpods with their iDevices like iPhone, iPad and iPod.
However, there are times when you need to connect Airpods to your MacBook to watch videos on a wider display. Undoubtedly, connecting Airpods to your iPhone is quick and easy. But what about connecting to a MacBook (be it a MacBook, MacBook Air, or the latest MacBook Pro)? Well, connecting Airpods to your MacBook is also super easy, though not nearly as fast as connecting to your iPhone. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to connect Airpods to your MacBook, along with some helpful troubleshooting tips. Just take your time and keep reading.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook if they don’t connect by themselves
If, after checking, you find that your Airpods are not showing up in the Bluetooth device list, there are two main reasons. First, your Airpods have not been paired with your iPhone or other Apple devices. Second, Airpods have been set up with your iPhone before, but can’t connect. But don’t worry. In this scenario, with multiple setup processes in mind, connecting Airpods to your MacBook is still very quick and easy.
Make sure your AirPod and MacBook have the power you need before you start setting up and connecting. If not, charge them.
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your MacBook. There are two options for going to Bluetooth settings to set up Bluetooth. One. open “System Preferences” “Bluetooth”. So all you have to do is click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the menu bar and then select System Preferences Bluetooth. Then in the Bluetooth menu make sure Bluetooth is active.
Another variant. Click Bluetooth Icon Open Bluetooth Settings. That is, you can see if Bluetooth is enabled on your MacBook simply by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar and then selecting “Open Bluetooth Preferences” from the dropdown.
After making sure Bluetooth is enabled on your MacBook, you need to enable Bluetooth on your Airpods. First, place both of your Airpods in the charging case and open the lid. Then flip the case back. On the back of the case, press and hold the button that is used for configuration until the status light next to it flashes white.
Now go back to the Bluetooth settings interface on your MacBook. On the interface, you should see that your Airpods are listed among the Bluetooth devices. To connect Airpods to your MacBook, simply click Connect in the Airpods option. You can also connect them simply by clicking the Bluetooth icon in the MacBook menu bar and selecting your Airpods from the device dropdown.
Your Airpods can be MacBook-ready
Before the pairing process, it is imperative to find out if the Airpods you want to connect to your MacBook are already paired with your iPhone or other iDevices. In this case, your Airpods may be automatically recognized by your MacBook. This is because if Airpods are set up with your iPhone, which is signed in to the same iCloud account as your MacBook, with the same Apple ID, they might be ready to use with your MacBook.
This means that no additional configuration processes are required before connecting. It’s actually a lot easier than trying to connect your MacBook to a new pair of Airpods. Here are some simple steps to check if this is the case:
Turn on the Airpods you want to connect. Then just stick them in your ears.
Turn on your Mac. Then select the Bluetooth menu or the volume control icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar.
In the drop-down list of devices, find the name of your Airpods (usually referred to as Airpods [your name]). If your Airpods do appear at this point, it means that they have already been recognized by your MacBook. To connect Airpods to MacBook, just click on them.
After clicking, try playing music to check if they are successfully connected to your MacBook. After connecting, there should be clear and loud sound.
Important note: Airpods 2 can be connected to your MacBook with macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. Airpods Pro requires your MacBook to be running macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later. So make sure you update macOS on your MacBook before the connection process.
You should now understand how to connect Apple Airpods to MacBook. In addition, it is believed that if you experience connection problems, you can fix them. So, just connect your Airpods to your MacBook in a few simple steps and enjoy great sound quality on your Airpods.
Carrie Tsai is part of the Neway team and is always actively sharing her ideas for Neway. She enthusiastically dives into the depths of the mobile connectivity industry every day, looking forward to exciting new things to share with you and her team.
How to connect Airpods headphones to MacBook
Part of the Apple ecosystem, connecting Airpods to a MacBook takes minutes. Let’s figure out how the pairing takes place and what is needed for the stable operation of different versions of the headphones.
How to connect two pairs of Airpods to a MacBook
At the same time, you can connect 2 pairs of wireless headphones to the MacBook:
- Connect the headphones to the computer one at a time so that they are displayed on the available devices.
- Open “Programs” and go to “Utilities”. Select “Audio MIDI Setting”.
- In the “Audio Devices” window that appears, click on the “” icon and click “Create a device with multiple outputs”.
- In the column on the left we find “Device with multiple outputs” and tap on it with the right mouse button so that the item “Use this device for sound output” appears for selection.
- On the right, in the window with active audio devices, mark the headphones for sound playback.
- Above, in the “Master device” tab, mark your headset as the main.
- We return to the available insert and do the “Offset Correction” for the second pair.
- We follow in “System settings”. “Sound”, where we find the tab “Exit”.
- In the opened list “Output audio devices” select “Device with multiple outputs”.
Two pairs of headphones will now play sound.
How to connect Airpods to MacBook
To connect headphones:
- Go to “System Preferences” through the Apple menu marked with the corporate logo. Click on the Bluetooth icon after connecting the wireless interface.
- Place both Air Pods in the charging case. Close and then open the pairing cover.
- On the back of the case, hold down the round key and hold it until the indicator inside the case blinks white.
- Return to McBook. Among the active devices to connect, select the headphones and click “Connect”.
If the connection was successful, but the sound continues to come from the computer speakers, go to the Bluetooth menu and click on the speaker icon. In the highlighted list, make sure that the branded headset is set as the music playback device.
For Airpods of the 2nd generation and variations with the Pro prefix, you will need to update the version of the operating system:
- Second generation compatible since macOS Mojave 10.14.4.
- Professional Edition supports pairing with macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and up.
It’s even easier to connect Airpods to your Mac if you’ve set up your headphones to sync with your iPhone and use a single iCloud account. In this case, the headset will already be available in the Bluetooth list. it remains to select it in the device menu for sound playback by clicking on the speaker icon.
If your headset won’t connect to your Mac, there are several ways to fix it:
- Go to “System Preferences”, click on “Bluetooth”. Turn off the interface for 1-2 minutes and then turn it back on.
- Be sure to specify Air Pods in the “Output Device” to play sound.
- Restart your Mac to clear outdated cache and reconnect Air Dots headphones.
If after the performed manipulations the computer does not see the headphones, turn off Bluetooth on other devices with which they were synchronized (iPhone, iPad).
Also read how to connect Airpods to a windows computer.
How to connect headphones to Mac?
A common question from users is “How to connect headphones to Mac, iMac, Mac mini?”. Bluetooth headphones allow you to sit further away from the screen while watching a video or move around during a conference call. In today’s article, I will explain in detail how to disconnect and connect wireless headphones to your Mac computer. To do this, just follow these 6 steps!
By the way! Earlier I described a guide for connecting to PCs, Android phones and Iphone.
How to connect headphones to MacBook, iMac, Mac mini?
- Open the Apple menu. It’s an Apple-shaped icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Once you click on it, a dropdown menu will open.
- Then click on “System Preferences”.
Then click “Bluetooth”.
If you want to connect your headphones faster, check the Show Bluetooth in Menu Bar box in the Bluetooth menu in System Preferences (next to the red arrow in the image above). Then you can click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and hover over the name of your headphones. Next, click “Connect” in the pop-up menu.
How to disconnect wireless headphones from Mac computer?
To disconnect Bluetooth headphones from your Mac, you need to:
- Click the Bluetooth icon.
- Select headphones and unplug.
You can also turn off Bluetooth in System Preferences. Or just turn off your headphones.
If your headphones run out of power, they will disconnect from the Mac and you will need to reconnect after charging them. Also, some earbuds turn off when plugged into a charger.
How to remove headphones from the list of Mac devices?
You can remove headphones from the list of bluetooth devices on MacBook, iMac, Mac mini. Open Bluetooth settings. Click the X next to the headphones you want to remove. You will see a warning that you will no longer be able to automatically connect. If you remove the headphones and want to connect later, you will have to go through the pairing process again.