How to connect AirPods to iPhone
AirPods are the only truly wireless headphones we can use with Apple. With AirPods, you can use Siri, make phone calls, listen to any audio, and connect many other features.
Connecting Headphones to iPhone
We take the original packaging with AirPods and carefully open it with a stationery knife or scissors, take out a case and place it near the iPhone. Then we perform the following actions:
Remove the AirPods from the case. As soon as we insert into the ears, playback begins. If we want pause sound. take out one earphone, if fully stop. both.
How to connect headphones to another iPnone
If you wanted to listen to music on another iPhone, then when placing the case next to this device, instead of the inscription. “To plug” to appear “Not yours Airpods“. What to do about it? To connect you need:
- Install the headphones in the case
- Open the case cover
- Press and hold the button located on the back of the case until the indicator on it flashes white
Further, as in the previous paragraph, we see the animation, select “To plug“And”Done“
Connect to two different devices at the same time
In order to connect your AirPods to two different devices at the same time, take out both earphones from the case and customize to one of the gadgets. Then we remove one earphone into the case, and the other is configured on the second device.
Which iPone can you connect headphones to
You can connect AirPods headphones so that they function in the full scope of their capabilities, you can connect to any iPhone with OS iOS 10 or later version.
Compatibility is possible with iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, which is indicated in the specification for the headphones. But at the same time on older devices it is necessary refresh OC iOS to OS iOS 10.
AirPods headphones will work with older devices and even with these devices on the old version iOS, but at the same time they lose all their chips and will function, in fact, as ordinary wireless headset.
How to connect headphones to earlier versions of iOS
Headphones AirPods can be used with more “ancient” devices and with earlier versions of iOS, i.e. practically since any device, in which the module is present Bluetooth. What needs to be done for this:
- Put the headphones in the case
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicator flashes white
- On the device in the settings, find the headset Bluetooth
- Confirm pairing
You will be interested in:
Is it possible to connect AirPods to Windows-devices Is it possible to connect a popular accessory from Apple with a regular.
How to charge The headphones and the case have separate batteries and can be charged independently of each other.
Like all Apple gadgets, the Airpods wireless headphones look stylish and elegant, but don’t…
Connect AirPods to iPhone easily
Apple AirPods are not just wireless headphones, they are real freedom from wires and temples. AirPods is not just a headset, but also a fashion accessory. In addition, Apple takes care of its customers, the equipment from this manufacturer does not require special configuration and works almost directly from the box. Wireless headphones are no exception. However, all these advantages are adjusted by a rather high cost. However, this does not stop fans of apple technology. In addition, the new iPhone models lack a standard audio jack.
In this article, we will discuss the management of wireless AirPods, how to connect them and the nuances of control.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
So, let’s start with a simple one: how to connect airpods to an iphone. It is very simple to do this. just open the airpods case and the smartphone will automatically “see” the headset, a message about which will appear on the display as an animation. After that, just click on the “Connect” button. Everything happens in automatic mode, if Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone and iOS 10 or higher is installed.
Wireless headphones can pair with multiple devices at the same time, such as the iPhone and Apple Watch. In this case, the sound switching occurs in a fully automatic mode.
How to connect to another iPhone
If you want to connect Apple wireless headphones to another iPhone, we follow the same procedure, that is, turn on the bluetooth on the smartphone and open the case. However, in this case, instead of “Connect”, “Not Your AirPods” will appear on the smartphone screen. Click on the button and activate the headphones.
Connect to two different devices at the same time
Airpods can be used in parallel with two devices. To establish such a connection, you must follow the following instructions:
- Remove both headphones from the case, establish a connection with the first iPhone.
- After that, hide one earphone in a case, connect the other to a second smartphone.
The main AirPods control tool is a double tap (a short double touch on the outside of the speaker). The value of this gesture can be set for each of the headphones individually. Double touch can be used for:
- Answer incoming calls;
- Switch between music tracks (available only for version iOS11;
- stop and start playback;
- launch Siri.
Dual Tap Settings
In the first generation model, double tap by default activates Siri. To change the settings, go to the “Settings” menu and select “Bluetooth” and select AirPods. After connecting the headphones, click on the I tab located on the right, so you will be taken to a menu where you can set the double-tap function. Here you can rename the headphones.
How to answer a call through AirPods
To answer an incoming call, just tap twice on the headphone. You must do the same to end a call or switch to another call.
How to control listening to music through Airpods
To control playback, you can choose one of the following methods:
Double tap. To do this, you need to set a value for each of the headphones in the settings menu. How to do this is described above.
Auto. Wireless headphones feature automatic ear search technology. Playback starts automatically as soon as the headset is inserted into your ears. If you remove one of the headphones, playback will pause, if both will stop completely.
Using Siri. The voice assistant executes commands that cannot be assigned to double tap. For example, you can ask your voice assistant to change the volume level. Called Siri double tap (if appropriate settings).
To call Siri in models of the first generation, only double tap can be used. Second-generation AirPods have the ability to call an assistant in a voice, just say “Hello Siri.” With its help, you can carry out a number of actions: manage music, for example, you can start a selected playlist or start the next track, check the charge level, adjust the volume
Using AirPods with Android Devices
The manufacturer positions this headset as an ideal option for use with its equipment, but this does not mean that AirPods cannot be connected to devices on Android. To do this is quite simple:
- Put the headphones in the case;
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Open the case with the headphones. Hold the back service button on it until the indicator light comes on.
- Pair the devices.
Many users have problems displaying the charge level. This is most conveniently done using the special AirBattery application or any other application with the same functionality. To display the battery status on the screen, just open the cover of the case.
Setting up a double tap on Android will not work. The initial configuration will have to be done through the iPhone, even if subsequently the headphones are planned to be used only on Android.
Possible problems with Airpods
Problems with Apple’s technology users occur infrequently, but if something went wrong, don’t worry too much, most often the problem is solved very quickly. Consider the most common options.
If the wireless headset does not automatically pair with the device, you should take the following actions:
- Check if the bluetooth module on the connected device is turned on.
- Lay the Airpods case closer, approximately 5 cm apart.
- Try disabling and re-enabling the wireless adapter.
- Open the case and hold down the service button located on the back of the case. It is worth holding it until the indicator light comes on inside the cover between the headphone jacks. This will signal that the settings have been reset and the gadget is ready for initial pairing.
- Another common reason for not connecting is a dead headset or case. In case of successful connection, a separate charge for the case and for the headset will appear on the smartphone screen. Later, this information can be viewed in the widgets of batteries or just ask the battery level at Siri.
If one earphone does not work, our article will help you.
How to connect airpods to iphone
AirPods wireless headphones were first introduced to the public along with the release of the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2. They are sold separately from compatible gadgets, and even the latest Apple top model, iPhone Xs Max, cannot boast of having AirPods in the kit.
And now, when the Apple wireless headset is in your hands, a reasonable question arises: how to connect Airpods to iPhone?
- Compatible iPhones
- Connect AirPods Wireless Headphones to iPhone
- Answers to popular questions
There is only one condition under which you can connect the headset to the gadget: the iPhone must have an operating system version not lower than iOS 10.1.
This means that the headphones will work with iPhone 5, 6, 7 and later models.
Connect AirPods Wireless Headphones to iPhone
Unlock iPhone. Next to it, open the charging case with the “drops” inside.
An AirPods image will appear on the iPhone screen. Click the Customize button and then Finish.
The first pairing is ready. If an iCloud profile is connected to the smartphone, then after the first pairing, the settings for all other Apple products supporting AirPodes and connected to this iCloud profile will be saved.
Answers to popular questions
There are quite a few questions about Apple wireless headphones on the network. Here are the most frequent ones to which I will give answers.
Airpods only for iPhone or not?
Not. Headphones also support other Apple products:
- All iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with iOS 10.1 and later.
- Apple Watch with WatchOS 3 or higher.
- All Macs with MacOS Sierra OS version (10.12) and higher.
Are AirPods suitable for Android?
Yes. Apple wireless headphones can be connected via Bluetooth with any gadget, whether it is on Android or Windows. But it should be understood that headphones outside the Apple ecosystem are turning into a regular device for listening to music.
Connecting them is not difficult. Activate the bluetooth on the android gadget, open the case with the headphones inside and press the only button on the case so that the indicator flashes white. In the bluetooth search, find the Airpods headphones and click “Connect.”
Can I connect headphones to multiple devices at the same time?
Can. But in this case, the sound between devices will switch automatically. Alas, it will not work at the same time to listen to sound from two devices.
Connect, for example, headphones to an iPhone and iPad. When playing music, you can switch the sound source (headphones or speakers).
To do this:
- Open the control panel (swipe up from the bottom of the screen).
- Swipe right to left to open the player’s screen.
- Click the audio playback icon and select the headphones.
Airpods do not connect to an iPhone, what should I do?
If the interface with the headphone pattern does not appear on the unlocked screen of the iPhone:
- Check that the case with the headphones is nearby the smartphone and they are charged.
- Close the headphone case cover and open after 10-20 seconds. The indicator LED should blink white.
- If the indicator does not show signs of life, close the case, press and hold the button located on the back of the case until the indicator blinks.
How much do Airpods cost?
The original AirPods in Apple retail are worth 13,490.00 pibbles.
Are the colored airpods original?
Not. Apple did not present its popular headphones in a multi-colored palette. Only white color! But, there were craftsmen who were able to paint the original “droplets” with the case with high quality. Using professional equipment and special paints of Dutch manufacture, entrepreneurs have achieved a quality product with a guarantee. However, the price of colored products is 50-80% higher than the original.
Release date Airpods 2
Apple is silent, but a large number of hints, rumors and insider information suggests that Airpods 2 generations, cupertinians will be presented in December 2018, a for sale top wireless headphones will arrive in 2019.
AirPods. Apple’s New Wireless Headphones. They give the opportunity to interact with Siri, music and audio, answer calls. They are popular with iPhone users, but work with most iOS devices.
When you buy a new pair of headphones, you may have a question how to connect it to the iPhone. It turns out that everything is simple. Most of the process is automated. Do not worry if something goes wrong as planned.
Before you begin, make sure that the AirPods are charged (they usually come with a charged battery) and that the device with which you want to sync them is compatible. If you are not sure, below you can see supported devices, but almost all modern Apple products will work with AirPods.
Pairing AirPods with the new iPhone models is surprisingly easy. Take your iOS device and case. You can connect AirPods to iPhone as follows:
- Unlock the iPhone you want to connect to the AirPods pair and go to the home screen (where you see all the application icons);
- Open the case with the headphones without reaching them and hold near the iPhone;
- Wait until the iPhone detects AirPods and click “Connect”;
- Click Finish.
Airpods are connected and ready to go. Also, if you use the same Apple ID and iCloud account on multiple devices, AirPods will automatically set up to work with them.
Compatibility and supported devices
AirPods work with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, but it is assumed that all of these devices have the latest software. Connection is via Bluethoth. Headphones are compatible with the following devices and software versions:
- iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 7, 8, X), iPad, iPod touch, starting with iOS 10 and later;
- Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and later;
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3;
- Apple TV with tvOS11.
Essentially, they are compatible with all current versions of Apple software. If the device is completely new, then it will work with these headphones, and even older devices can be easily connected if the software mentioned above is installed on them.
AirPods not connecting with iOS or not installed correctly? What to do?
If for some reason your headphones do not connect and do not sync with the iPhone after the installation process described above, you need to hold the setup button on AirPods and try again. You should also do this if you connect the headphones to another iPhone:
- Put the headphones in the case if you have not already done so;
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case for 18 seconds, or until the charge indicator flashes orange and then white;
- Repeat the initial installation process above in the article.
It’s also worth mentioning that although AirPods should come with the latest software installed, they should be updated if possible.
Now AirPods are connected and ready to work with your iPhone, iPad, Mac or other Apple device. Using them is very simple, just double-tap to your headphones to call Siri, answer a phone call, control music.
How to distinguish original from fake
Here are some tips to help you distinguish Apple’s original headphones from fakes:
- Price. The first thing you should pay attention to when buying. Obviously, the original AirPods are much more expensive than those made by a third party;
- Packaging and case. Carefully consider the cover, it should be pure white, made of high-quality plastic, be smooth. If this is not so, you can be sure that you have a fake in your hands;
- Headphone color. This is the easiest way to distinguish an original from a fake. Original AirPods are only available in white;
- Build quality. Original headphones consist of three parts that are precisely interconnected without too much plastic. Also, compared with a fake, they look stronger, better and heavier (due to premium build quality);
- Comfortable wearing. Try inserting AirPods into your ear. Earphones from Apple should carefully fit under the ear cavity, should not fall out;
- Headphone control. The original ones do not have buttons. To control them, optical sensors and accelerometers of motion and voice are built-in;
- Company logo and other designations. The original Apple case does not have their company logo. There should also be no other inscriptions. On the headphones themselves there should only be letters L and R, which show which earphone is right and which is left;
- Sound quality. Headphones are designed to produce the best sound using their own design. This design guarantees deeper bottoms and crisp tops when listening to music. If the sound quality seems low to you, then this is a direct indicator that the headphones are fake;
- The quality of the microphone. Among other things, checking the quality of the microphone is an easy way to understand whether your product is original or not. Usually people don’t pay attention to such a detail, but it’s enough to just call a friend and ask if he hears your voice loud and clear, whether there are extraneous noises.
How to clean your headphones
Spending more than 10,000 rubles on headphones is not such a simple solution. And if you still purchased AirPods, do not forget to take care of them, and then they will not have to be replaced with the new iPhone upgrade. After all, in the end, you will not just store them in a case. So here are some tips for cleaning your AirPods.
Dirt, dust, fluff, earwax and much more easily fall on the white glossy surface of AirPods, and from time to time you will need to clean your headphones. This is best done sequentially so that dirt does not accumulate.
So you can clean your headphones from dirt, and in order to maintain their appearance for a long time, do not be lazy and follow the tips below.