How to connect Airpods to iPhone
How to Share Music to Other Airpods
1) Bring your Airpods or Airpods Pro closer to your iPhone or iPad, then open the case lid. Your headphones must be connected to the device.
2) Plug in the headphones and turn on the music, then click the AirPlay icon on the playback control panel. Select Share Audio or Temporarily Share Audio.
3) Now you need to connect the second headphones to the device. They should be inside the case. Yours should be in your ears.
- Airpods: Have your friend bring their Airpods or Airpods Pro closer to your device. They should be in a case with the lid open.
- Beats Studio3 or Solo3: Have your friend press the power button on their headphones while they are near your device.
- Other wireless headphones: Let your friend activate pairing mode on their headphones and bring them to your device.
What to do if the headphones are already in your friend’s ears, or they are connected to another device?
In this case, just bring your device to your friend’s device and click Share audio or Temporarily share audio on your device. Your friend must choose a connection on their device.
4) When your friend’s headphones appear on your device, tap Share Audio or Temporarily Share Audio again and follow the onscreen instructions.
Now, when you turn on music or a movie, the audio will go to both pairs of headphones.
Below we will show you how to control the volume of the general audio.
This feature requires an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 13.1 or later. An iPad with iPadOS 13.1 or newer will also work. Headphones must have Apple’s W1 or H1 chip.
The following wireless headphones are supported:
- Airpods and Airpods Pro
- Powerbeats Pro
- Powerbeats 3
- Beats Solo 3
- Beats Studio 3
- Beats X
How to change the volume on two headphones at once
Open Control Center on your device and adjust the volume using the corresponding slider. The volume will change on both pairs of headphones.
How to connect two pairs of Airpods or other wireless headphones to one iPhone
With iOS 13 and iPadOS, you can share music with two pairs of wireless headphones like Airpods and Beats and others. If you and your friend have Airpods or other wireless headphones, you can both listen to the same music from the same iPhone. You can individually adjust the volume, end the process with one touch, etc. Below we will tell you how everything works.
Now you don‘t have to e earpiece with someone, because two Airpods can be connected to one smartphone. The function supports Powerbeats Pro as well as other headphones. on this below.
For the first time, the function became known at the World Conference of Developers.
- How to connect two Airpods to an iPhone with iOS 13
- Supported headphones
How to change the volume on only one headphone
To change the volume on your headphones only, open Control Center and hold down the volume slider. Now you can separately change the volume of your headphones or your friend’s headphones using the two sliders.
These two sliders are also displayed on the lock screen music widget, as well as in the Notification Center. You can also change the volume on the headphones themselves.
How to connect two Airpods to an iPhone with iOS 13
If you and your friend have iPhones with iOS 13 and Airpods connected to them, then you just need to put smartphones with each other and turn on music on one iPhone. Smartphones can be stacked on top of each other to streamline the process.
The function is supported by the following devices (with Bluetooth 5.0):
- iOS 13: iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max iPod Touch (7th generation).
- iPadOS 13: iPad Pro 11-inch; iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation or later) iPad Air (3rd generation) iPad mini (5th generation).
When you put smartphones next to each other, a notification will appear on which you need to click “Share Audio”.
How to manage audio
You can control the general audio stream as usual, there is nothing complicated about it. You can adjust the volume on two headphones at once or on each separately.
- Click the volume control icon in the menu bar and select Airpods or other speakers under Output device.
NOTE. Airpods will only appear in Control Center and Mac Menu when they’re ready to use and within reach.
In case Airpods don’t show up on Mac, you need to pair them. For this:
On a Mac, open System Preferences and go to Bluetooth.
Turn on bluetooth if it’s on.
Place both Airpods in the charging case and open the cover.
Press and hold the setting button on the back of the case until the status indicator turns white.
Select the identified Airpods in the list of available devices and click the “Connect” button.
If sound is still playing through the built-in Mac speakers in this case, click the volume control icon in the menu bar and select Airpods.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, or Android
No more traditional Bluetooth pairing required to connect Apple Airpods to your smartphone.
How to connect Airpods wireless headphones to an Android device
After the release of Airpods headphones, many for some reason decided that they could not be used on non-Apple devices. This, of course, is nonsense: in essence, Airpods are, albeit improved, but still Bluetooth headphones. However, in this case, you will have to come to terms with the restrictions. you will not be able to use Siri, but you can listen and speak.
To set up Airpods on Android, follow these steps:
Turn on Bluetooth on your Android device.
How to setup AirPods on iPhone & Mac!
Put your Airpods in the charging case.
Open the lid.
Press and hold the setting button until the status indicator turns white.
Pair your Airpods with your device by selecting them from the list of Bluetooth devices.
How to choose a music playback source
Apple Airpods wireless earbuds can connect to iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time. In this case, the sound will switch between devices automatically.
How to connect Airpods wireless headphones to iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch
In the case of Airpods, it is enough to open the charging case with “drops” lying in it in front of the unlocked device.
Compatible devices for 1st generation Airpods headphones:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 10 or later
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3 or later installed
- Mac with macOS Sierra or later installed.
Compatible Devices for Airpods Gen 2 Headphones:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.2 or later;
- Apple Watch with watchOS 5.2 or later installed
- Apple TV with TVOS 12.2 or later installed;
- Mac with macOS Sierra 10.14.4 or later installed.
The setup interface appears on the device screen. Select “Connect” and click “Finish”. Plugging in your Airpods 2 will also open the Hey Siri setup wizard (if you haven’t already done so on iPhone).
If the device is signed into iCloud, then Airpods will automatically set up using any of the compatible devices tied to iCloud using a similar Apple ID.
On iPhone or iPad
- Open Control Center.
- Press and hold your finger on the music player card in the upper right corner of Control Center until the audio settings appear.
- Click on the AirPlay icon and select the desired device from the list of available.
Airpods won’t connect, what to do
If the setup interface does not appear when trying to connect Airpods using an iOS device:
Make sure the devices have a compatible software version (iOS, macOS, etc.). System requirements are listed at the beginning of the article.
Make sure Airpods are close to your device and charged.
Close the headphone case, wait 10-15 seconds, and then open it again. The indicator on the charging case should start blinking white.
If the indicator does not flash, try pressing and holding the setup button on the back of the case for a few seconds until the indicator starts flashing.
If the above steps did not set up your Airpods, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds until a blinking amber light appears on the indicator and repeat the steps above.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
- 1 How to connect Airpods to iPhone
- 2 Connecting Headphones to iPhone
- 2.1 How to connect headphones to another iPnone
- 2.2 Connect to two different devices at the same time
Which iPone can I connect headphones to
Airpods can be connected to their full capacity with any iPhone with iOS 10 or later.
Compatibility is possible with iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, as indicated in the specification for the headphones. But at the same time, on older devices, you need to update the iOS OC to iOS 10.
How to connect AirPods to your iPhone or Android device. Apple Support
Airpods will work with older devices and even with these devices on the old version of iOS, but at the same time they will lose all their chips and will function, in fact, like a regular wireless headset.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
Airpods are the only truly wireless earbuds we can use thanks to Apple. With Airpods, you can use Siri, make phone calls, listen to any audio recordings, and more.
Connect to two different devices at the same time
In order to connect Airpods headphones to two different devices at the same time, we take out both headphones from the case and set them to one of the gadgets. Then we put one earphone into the case, and set the other one to the second device.
Connecting Headphones to iPhone
We take the branded package with Airpods and carefully open it with a stationery knife or scissors, take out the case and place it near the iPhone. Then we perform the following actions:
Remove the Airpods from the case. As soon as we insert into the ears, playback begins. If we want to pause the sound. we take out one earphone, if we stop completely. both.
How to connect headphones to another iPnone
If you wanted to listen to music on another iPhone, then when you place the case next to this device, instead of the inscription “Connect”, “Not your Airpods” will appear. What to do about it? To connect you need:
- Place the headphones in the case
- Open the cover of the case
- Press and hold the button located on the back of the case until the indicator on it flashes white
Further, as in the previous paragraph. we see the animation, select “Connect” and “Finish”
How to connect headphones to earlier versions of iOS
Airpods can be used with both older devices and earlier versions of iOS, ie. with almost any device that has a Bluetooth module. What you need to do for this:
- Place headphones in the case
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicator flashes white
- Find a Bluetooth headset on the device in the settings
- Confirm pairing