Want to enjoy your favorite music on your mobile device, but not enough volume and bass? Not sure if you can connect speakers to your phone via bluetooth? Read our instructions and you will learn how to connect speakers to your phone in three different ways:
- via bluetooth
- using a USB and AUX cable (if the speakers do not have their own power supply)
- using an AUX cable (if the speakers have their own power supply)
If you know how to connect, but you can’t do this, at the bottom of the article we have collected recommendations that can help solve the problem.
Method 1. via Bluetooth connection
Consider how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone. This method is very convenient, since you do not have to use wires when connecting.
In addition, unlike ordinary speakers (for example, from a computer or music center), Bluetooth speakers usually have a small size and stylish appearance, such as this small model from Nokia:
A big plus is the compatibility of almost all wireless speakers and smartphones with each other, regardless of manufacturer. For example, you can easily connect a Sony Bluetooth speaker to a Samsung phone.
Connecting bluetooth speakers on smartphones with Android and iPhone are carried out in the same way:
- Turn on the column and activate Bluetooth on it (if it does not start automatically);
- On the phone, go to the “Settings” menu (or “Settings”);
- Open the Bluetooth section;
- Move the slider of the same name to the right to activate a wireless connection and start searching for available devices;
- After the list of devices is displayed, find the name of your column in it and click on it for several seconds to connect, and the column should make a sound or change the color of the indicator (depending on the model);
- Try playing music on your phone. The sound should play from the speaker.
If you have models from JBL, then you can connect two speakers to the phone at once!
By the way, almost all wireless speakers have a 3.5 mm jack, which means they can be connected via an AUX cable.
Method 2. connect speakers to the phone via USB and AUX?
If the speakers do not have their own power supply (for example, some ancient Sven speakers) and can only be powered via USB, then you will need an adapter from regular USB to mini or micro USB (depending on the model of your phone), a USB cable and AUX cable.
Connection is carried out as follows:
- Insert the adapter into the telephone jack and into it the USB cable from the speakers. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the speakers themselves. Thus, the phone will be used as a power source.
- Connect the devices using the AUX cable.
With this method of connection, it is better to use speakers with an amplifier so that there is no extraneous noise and low-quality sound.
Method 3. Via AUX Cable
To connect using this method, it is necessary that the speakers have their own power source (battery or plug for connecting to an outlet). The procedure is as follows:
- Enable Columns
- Insert one end of the cable into the headphone jack on the speakers
- Insert the other end into the 3.5 mm jack on the phone
- An icon or caption should appear on the display of the mobile device with the text “Audio Connector Connected”.
Done. You can enjoy the music!
If the speaker is not connected by telephone
If the speaker does not connect to the phone via Bluetooth, or the connection is made, but the sound does not come from the speaker, then try the following recommendations:
- First reboot your phone (helps a lot)
- Make sure that the Bluetooth mode in the column is activated accurately. Usually this can be seen by the indicator on the speaker, but for the sake of fidelity, see the instructions.
- Make sure there are currently no other Bluetooth connections (such as headphones). The phone can only connect to one gadget at a time.
- Some speakers have a “weak” Bluetooth module and work only in close proximity to a smartphone. To eliminate the effect of this fact, try connecting two devices at a minimum distance from each other.
- Reset the column. Usually it is done by simultaneously pressing several buttons. Combinations on different models are different, so see the instructions for your speaker.
- If the connection has occurred, but the sound does not go, then try to disconnect, and then, in the phone’s Bluetooth settings menu, click on the column name, and then select the “Forget this device“ option. After that, search for available devices again and try to connect.
- Try connecting your smartphone to another device. If he also does not connect to it, then most likely there is a software malfunction. In this case (if rebooting or updating the system did not help), reset the phone to factory settings.
- If none of the above helped us, then there may be a malfunction in the operation of the Bluetooh module of one of the devices. In this case, you should contact a specialist.
Found a solution to the problem? Please share it in the comments.