The most convenient option with which you can print files, while being anywhere in the world. We print by linking the gadget to a Google account. The same account should be used on the computer and the gadget.
Connecting your phone to a printer via Bluetooth
Some of the above Android applications allow you to connect between a smartphone and a printer via a Bluetooth connection.
This requires a Bluetooth interface supported by the printer.
Dropbox cloud storage
An alternative to standard cloud storage is Dropbox. works with many android apps. The ability to print is built into it by default. In this case, you do not need to open files on a PC. You just need to select the necessary files and click on the “Print” button. In more detail, the instruction looks like this:
- Install the Dropbox app on your PC and your smartphone.
- Transfer documents to storage from your smartphone or PC.
- You can access them from any PC connected to the printer. To do this, just log in with your username and password.
- Select the documents you want to print.
- Click on the “Print” button.
- Now you just have to make sure that there is enough paper in the printer, as well as wait for the printing process.
This option is no more difficult than the others. You only need to have the Dropbox application on your PC and smartphone. The disadvantage of this option is that not every PC can find the utility needed to access the storage. But your files will be reliably protected, you will not be able to access them via the link.
An alternative way to transfer documents to a PC for printing is to send them by e-mail. Now all popular services have convenient mobile applications with which you can transfer the files you need.
Now you know how to set up printing from Android to a printer. Share this information with your friends, ask questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Discussion is welcome, perhaps you know other programs that can print from a smartphone.
Let me show you how you can print photos or documents directly from your Android phone by sending the print to your printer. To do this, you will need to connect your Android to the printer via WI-FI or USB, which we will do.
This article is suitable for all brands that produce phones on Android 9/8/7/6: Samsung, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, Meizu, Fly, Alcatel, Xiaomi, Nokia and others. We are not responsible for your actions.
Attention! You can ask your question to a specialist at the end of the article.
Third Party Direct Printing Utilities
Some manufacturers have solved the problem of how to connect the printer to Android. They released applications that can make all-in-one printer and printers work with a smartphone. Several useful direct print applications are worth noting:
- ePrint is an application released by HP. It allows you to connect your smartphone directly with almost the entire line of HP office equipment models.
- Other manufacturers of office equipment have similar functionality with ePrint. Look for your printer brand and download the app you need: Konica Minolta. Canon Print. Brother Print. Lexmark Print. Epson iPrint. Xerox Print. The disadvantage of these utilities is that they are only suitable for one manufacturer of equipment, if you want to print a document outside your home or your office on another device, you will have to download a new Android application. A printer whose driver is missing on your smartphone will not be able to detect your mobile device.
- PrinterOnPrint is a universal application that allows you to track down a connected printer. It automatically installs the correct drivers on your phone. This application is rated by users as highly as possible. It has a user-friendly interface and high functionality.
- PrinterShare is released in two versions. free and paid. With this program you can find out if the printer is able to detect your phone. The disadvantage of this program is that it mainly sends documents for printing via Wi. Fi. Bluetooth or cloud storage. When connected directly, the utility will be useless.
All these utilities are distributed free of charge through the Play Market. To install them on a smartphone, you just need to select the one you need and click the “Install” button. Make sure there is enough free space on the internal storage.
How to connect a printer via an Android phone using Wi-Fi
It is also possible to print from Android to Wi. Fi printer. To do this, you need to have a device at hand that can become a full member of the Wi. Fi network and receive print jobs directly from your smartphone. In this case, you must first configure your router so that both devices are on the same network:
- Enable WPS mode on your router. Check if your device supports this technology.
- Then go through your PC to the browser and enter the combination “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. By default, the login and password are the word admin.
- Open the “Security” tab in the router settings. Find the WPS Setup section and set the Enable value next to it.
- Disable MAC address filtering.
- In the network section, set the marker on the position Wi-Fi Protection Setup.
Now you just have to connect both devices to the network with an interval of no more than 2 minutes. Connecting a smartphone and a printer is possible only with the help of special programs, which we mentioned above. Works best with Wi-Fi printing PrinterShare.
Some routers automatically configure WPS mode using a dedicated button located on the device.
Connecting Android phone to printer using USB cable
Connecting an Android phone or tablet to a printer via USB is the easiest way to print. Modern office equipment already has built-in components for creating a connection between a mobile device and a printer, scanner.
To connect to older models, you need to use Android apps. Best of all. proprietary applications from the printer manufacturer. If the branded application does not support USB printing, then you can use the universal.
Features of syncing with iPhone
The method described above is suitable for smartphones with Android OS. When using Apple branded devices, you need to look for another sync option.
According to experts, in order to print files from gadgets from a well-known brand, the printer must be equipped with a Wi-Fi module.
There are several apps that power iPhone users often use.
Here are the most common programs.
- Apple AirPrint. With this application, you can print any file without using wires.
- Handy Print. This application acts as an alternative to the above option. This is a paid program. The user is provided with only 2 weeks of free use.
Next, you need to turn on office equipment, start the wireless connection module, activate the same function on your smartphone, find the printer in the list of paired devices and use one of the above programs to print a text document, graph or image.
How to connect a printer to a phone via USB and print documents?
Printers are widely used in everyday life. This is a profitable purchase for those who often work with large volumes of documents, and also prefer to print photos at home. Office equipment can be connected not only to a computer, but also to mobile devices by printing files directly from the phone.
How to print documents?
It only takes a few minutes to print any document. This time will be quite enough to deal with the application necessary for pairing and using office equipment. In this case, we will also focus on the PrinterShare application.
Users are given two options to choose from: paid and free versions. The second option is more test and differs from the first in reduced functionality. For those who are going to use the application often, it is recommended to purchase a premium account and use its capabilities to the fullest. In paid mode, you can print not only photos, but also SMS, contacts, call logs and other files stored in the phone memory and on a flash drive.
The full version of the application works with all the necessary formats: PDF, DOC, TXT, DOCX and other modern extensions. On the official Google Play service, the application is available for all users of the Android operating system for only 269 .
The main menu will display the storage options for the desired file. The “Select” key is located in the lower right corner of the program. When you click on it, a window will open in which you need to select the option for connecting the equipment (printer). After that, it remains only to select the desired document, enter certain parameters (number of pages, orientation and other settings) and then confirm the selected action by clicking on the “Print” button. After a few seconds, the technician will start working.
The process of printing files from Android smartphones is very simple. This operating system is designed in such a way that even novice users will have no problems. Due to the fact that the standard operating system does not support direct printing, you will have to use additional software.
For Russian-speaking users, it is recommended to use programs with a Russian-language menu. All the necessary settings are made in them.
The following parameters can be set in the application:
- page settings;
- number of copies;
- format (for example, A4);
- page orientation;
- font size and more.
First, you need to launch an application, for example, PrinterShare, and wait until it is fully loaded. After that, the program will offer to select a printer depending on the connection option: USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other options. We are interested in the first option. Then visit the “Print Settings” section. Enter the required parameters and send the file to print.
To print files stored on your smartphone, you need to connect the printer to your phone using a USB cable. It only takes a few minutes to connect the appliance and set it up properly. The scheme, which we will consider next, can be used for mobile phones running on the Android operating system.
Connecting directly will save a lot of time. No need to drop files from your phone to your computer, connect your PC to a printer, and only then start printing.
To successfully sync, you need two things.
- Special program. Additional software required. For this we recommend PrinterShare with a clear and simple interface. The application can be downloaded through the Google Play service.
The pairing process is simple, just connect the adapter to your smartphone and then connect the mobile device to the printer using a USB cable.
Then you need to download the application to your smartphone, launch it and select the office equipment used in the settings. Additional software will open access to all files stored in the memory of the mobile device.
Any user may experience problems when pairing equipment, regardless of their experience with the equipment and the quality of the equipment used.
We will analyze the most common problems and how to solve them.
- If the phone does not see the printer connected to it via a USB cable, the first step is to check the integrity of the wire. If it has defects, they may cause problems. Remember that even a seemingly intact cable can be damaged inside. Test the cord with a different technique if possible.
- The equipment may refuse to print because the consumable has run out. You can check the amount of ink using the driver installed on your computer. Models equipped with an LCD display alert the user without connecting to a PC. Also, the tray must have the required amount of paper.
- If the program used for printing gives an error, it must be removed from the phone and reinstalled again. If the problem is not resolved, use another application, or check the smartphone operating system for viruses.
- Inkjet printers use liquid ink, which tends to dry out when not in use. To cope with this problem, you will have to contact specialists.
- Sometimes the cause of the malfunction lies in the clogged connectors. They become clogged with dust and oxidize over time. In this case, gently clean the ports with a regular ear stick or soft cloth. Then you need to reconnect the equipment. If this procedure did not help to cope with the problem, you need to seek help from specialists.
How to connect a printer to a phone via USB and print documents, see the video.
Virtual printers transfer data from a mobile phone or tablet through cloud storage, so before using it, you need to clarify whether the gadget supports working with the cloud. Every Android smartphone uses Google Cloud Print, and Apple devices use AirPrint. Both utilities are included in the operating system and do not require installation.
If the printer supports AirPrint, then it will be automatically detected by the phone. To send documents for printing, you just need to click on the “Share” button and select the section “Print”.
Instructions for setting up a virtual printer are available in the format
To set up Google Cloud Print, you need to do the following:
- Launch Google Chrome and sign in to your Google account.
- Open browser settings and go to the advanced settings section.
- We are looking for “Google Cloud Print” and click “Configure”.
- On the page that opens, at the bottom, select “Add a printer”.
- Select your device from the list and click “Add”.
- After a few seconds, the message “The procedure is complete” will appear and you will need to select “Manage printers”.
- On the next page, select “Add a regular printer”.
Cloud Print is installed and connected to your current Google Account. Now, from any smartphone (tablet) running such an account, you can send a document for printing.
Install the “Virtual Printer” application on your gadget. We will have instructions for Cloud Print:
- Open the application and tap on the printer icon from above.
- Select your all-in-one printer from the list that appears.
- We are looking for the necessary document or photo for printing in the sections “Local”, “Dropbox” or “Web”.
- Set up options for printing and click “Print”.
How to connect the printer to the phone via Wi-Fi and set up printing?
Greetings to our subscribers and portal guests! Many of us have a printer at home or an all-in-one printer. It is more usual for us to print from a computer or laptop. But today we will talk about the possibility of printing from a mobile phone.
Thanks to advances in technology, high-performance gadgets now fit in the palm of your hand. Therefore, most people transfer some, and sometimes all, work tasks to them. Among all the variety of functionality, modern mobile devices have learned to work with printing. We will tell you how to connect phones on different operating systems to a printer via Wi-Fi.
It all depends directly on the device. Many modern models do not allow the use of third-party applications, but can connect and print directly from a mobile device without using a computer. It is enough to connect the devices to one network using a router, start a search for available networks on a smartphone or tablet and select the required equipment.
And although more and more manufacturers are trying to move towards versatility, some devices still refuse to work with certain smartphone models directly. Most often this applies to Apple technology and certification features in accordance with their proprietary standards.
Because of this, many manufacturers provide for the connection through separate applications, for example, HP Smart, Canon Print, etc. In addition to these, there are general applications that work with various devices.
For how to print with Canon Print App, see the following
As an example, we will consider the PrinterShare program, available for devices based on the iOS and Android operating systems.
So, how to print photos or documents from a phone or tablet to a printer via Wi-Fi:
- The utility itself will search for available devices connected to the same wireless network as the smartphone (tablet).
- Select a file for printing from the available directories.
If you need a file stored in the internal memory of the gadget, for example, a document, book or table, then look for it in the “Documents” section.
- Having marked the file, you can configure settings for it or send it to print immediately by selecting the appropriate item.
All other applications work on a similar principle and it will not be difficult to understand them.
For instructions on using the PrinterShare app, see here:
What can be printed from a gadget?
Neither the operating system nor the hardware of mobile phones impose any restrictions. This means that a tablet or phone can send absolutely any document or photo for printing. Of course, provided that there is a suitable application for them, and the option is configured and functions properly.
In this case, phones for printing to a printer can be connected via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or via a USB cable. None of the connection methods also imposes any restrictions on the types and amounts of data transfer. The difference can only be in speed.
Features of Wi-Fi connection
This is one of the most convenient and common ways to connect. Most of the printing devices (excluding the most budgetary segment of the market and outdated models) have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, which allows you to synchronize the printer with a mobile device.
How to set up printing from your phone over Wi-Fi:
- Connect all necessary cables (power supply, PC connection if necessary) and install cartridges.
- Switch on printing device.
- Start the router (router) if it was not turned on.
- Enable Wi-Fi module on the printer. This can be done either with a separate key on the front panel or via the on-screen menu. If you have any difficulties, it is best to familiarize yourself with the instruction manual included in the kit.
- Connect the printer and mobile device to the network.
Now you need to determine how the smartphone (tablet) will be connected. This can be done in the following ways:
- through a virtual printer;
- using a remote connection.
Using this method, you can open the desktop of a mobile device on a computer. To do this, you need the QS Team Viewer utility on the gadget and the Team Viewer program on the PC.
To set up remote access and organize printing from your phone, you need:
- Install both apps.
- Open QS Team Viewer on a mobile device and get an ID.
- Open Team Viewer on PC, enter the ID of the mobile phone, check the “Remote control” box and connect to the gadget.
Now the PC is connected to the mobile phone and from it you can download and print any of the files.
If a gadget from Apple is connected, then the files should be located in the relatively new section “Files”, which appeared along with iOS 11.
Bluetooth and USB
When connecting in both ways, work is carried out through special utilities from the manufacturers all-in-one printer. Here, as in the case of Wi-Fi, all the same operations are done. Only the selected connection item in the menu is changed. However, many common programs (PrintShare) also support these connection methods.
All gadgets with Android OS, starting from version 4, can connect via USB to printers and all-in-one printer. IPhones are synchronized with office equipment from the earliest versions.
If you have any questions or have any Комментарии и мнения владельцев and corrections, be sure to write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев! We work for our readers and we want the content to be relevant and useful! New topics are on the way, do not lose! Bye everyone!
With a remote connection, it is possible via a PC to access files on a mobile device in order to print them later. There are several programs designed to open the phone’s desktop on a PC. Below will be a step-by-step instruction using the Team Viewer utility as an example:
- Download the Team Viewer application to your computer and QS Team Viewer to your mobile phone.
- First, we launch the utility on a mobile device to display the device ID number.
- Through the program on the computer, enter the received number to connect to the phone. At the same time, do not forget to tick the box “Remote control”.
- Once connected, you can access the phone directory by clicking on the file transfer section.
With this connection, you can download files located in the phone’s memory remotely, and then print them on a printer connected to the computer.
Some modern printers are cloud-ready. In this case, you can print documents from anywhere by sending them to your printer over the Internet. On Android phones, this is done using Google Cloud Print technology, and on Apple devices. via AirPrint. These are system tools, there is no need to download them additionally.
If the printing device works with AirPrint technology, then in this case it will be detected by the smartphone automatically. The printing process is as follows: you select the desired document in the directory of the mobile device, click on the “Share” button and select the “Print” option.
In the case of Android devices and Google services, the setup process is somewhat more complicated:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and log in to your account (if it doesn’t exist, create it).
- Go to the parameters, open additional.
- Find “Google Cloud Print” and configure it by clicking on the appropriate button. Click on “Add Printer”.
- A list of available devices will appear. Click on the desired one and click “Add”.
- It will take a few seconds to set up the printing device. After that, an inscription about the completion of the procedure will appear in the window.
- Add a regular printer by clicking on the appropriate item in the left menu.
The press is now linked to your current Google account. If you log into your account from any mobile device, you can send the file for printing to the attached printer.
Now let’s get down to the printing process. To do this, you need the Cloud Print mobile program, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Market:
- Run the utility and click on the highlighted red icon.
- A list with available printing devices will appear, select the one you need.
- Now you need to select a file to print, from an internal directory, from the cloud or other services, for example, Dropbox or Photos.
- Correct additional parameters for printing and confirm.
HP App (Print Plug-in)
Completely free utility HP Print Service will help you connect your Android device to a printer from HP.
In the menu, you can select files from the phone directory, and then print on the selected printer.
From which phone can you print via WI-FI?
Modern Android and iOS devices already have pre-installed tools for working with printers via the cloud. AirPort and Google Cloud Print.
Bluetooth and USB printing
The USB connection is the easiest to set up, but even here some mobile devices (mostly old ones) have difficulties. In almost all cases, the USB Connection Kit from Canon helps. The setup process is pretty simple:
- We connect to the printer via USB-HOST.
- Download the program and run.
- Choosing a printer connected to a PC via WI-FI.
- Select a document from the phone directory and print.
In some cases, you will have to install additional drivers on the PC if the printer will not connect to the phone.
In the case of a Bluetooth connection, we need the PrinterShare program (there is a free version that will be enough for most purposes). Detailed instructions:
- Find the program in the Play Market and install.
- Open, click on the button at the bottom right.
- A list of printing methods will be displayed, select “Bluetooth printer”.
- Activating Bluetooth on both devices.
- The mobile device searches for available printers. Choosing the right one.
- After connecting, go back to the main menu of the application to select what to send to print. Here you can find a file in the internal directory of the device, SMS messages, files from cloud services, mail, and so on.
- After selecting the file, you will be prompted to adjust the print settings.
- Then you need to click “Print”.
How to connect a printer to a phone via WI-FI. all the ways
Many people face the problem of how to connect the printer to the phone via WI-FI. Today, this is a fairly convenient way to print, but sometimes difficulties can be encountered. Below we will look at how to set up printing from a phone to an HP and Samsung printer, and also list alternative connection methods that are suitable for older devices.
How to setup?
Wireless synchronization is a practical option for modern equipment. This synchronization option is chosen by many users using innovative equipment. To connect a smartphone and a printer, the printing machine must be equipped with a wireless connection module. Today, even printers from the budget segment are equipped with the necessary adapter.
The first stage looks like this.
- First you need to connect all the necessary cables (we are talking about power supply and connection to a computer, if there is such a need).
- Check the presence of cartridges and their capacity.
- Start the printer.
- Turn on the router.
- Run the wireless module on the printing equipment. As a rule, a special key on the front panel is provided for this. You can also do this through the menu.
- Connect your mobile device and printer over the network.
When choosing this method, you need to decide how exactly the smartphone will be connected to office equipment. Experts offer the following options.
- Direct mates.
- Connecting to network (virtual) equipment.
- Remote pairing.
Let’s consider each of the options in more detail.
In this case, a lot depends on the equipment used. Some current models do not need to use third party software. In this case, direct connection is the fastest and most practical pairing option. To perform pairing, it is enough to connect the gadgets through a router.
You just need to turn on Wi-Fi on your phone, start a search for available devices and select the necessary equipment.
Despite the fact that many brands try to produce the most versatile and simple equipment, some printers do not support direct connection to smartphones. As a rule, difficulties arise for users of the Apple trademark. Gadgets from this manufacturer run on a special operating system.
In some cases, the connection must be made using a dedicated application, depending on the model of the printer you are using. These programs can be the following programs: Canon Print, HP Smart, and other options. There is also a universal software that can be used by the user of the Android OS or iOS. Let’s consider the process of printing files using the PrinterShare program as an example.
- The first step is to download the app and install it.
- Open the program.
- At the bottom of the window, select a connection option.
- After a few seconds, the program will automatically start searching for printers available for connection.
- Once the setup is complete, you need to select a file for printing.
- Before starting printing, you can configure certain parameters by selecting the necessary items (number of pages, layout, etc.).
Virtual printing equipment transfers files from mobile devices via “clouds” (virtual storage). First you need to decide if the printer can work with cloud storage. Android mobile phones most often use Google Cloud Print. AirPrint was developed for Apple users. These utilities are embedded in the OS and do not need to be downloaded and installed.
If your printer model is AirPrint-enabled, the mobile device will be automatically detected. To start printing, you need to select the “Share” option and then click on the “Print” command. When using a network printer from Google, follow these steps.
- First you need to open the Google Chrome browser.
- Sign in to your Google account (if necessary, go through authorization).
- Next, you need to visit the Internet browser settings and go to the “Advanced” section.
- After looking through the list that opens, select the section responsible for the virtual printer.
- In the new window that opens, you need to go to the settings again. Desired Add Printer option.
- A list of office equipment will open before the user. Find the model you are interested in and add it.
- If everything is successful, a corresponding message will appear on the screen.
- To complete the procedure, you need to click on the parameter “Manage printers”.
- The last step to complete the pairing procedure is called “Add a regular printer“. This section can be found in the next window that opens.
- After completing this list, a network printer will be linked to the user account. It can be used to start printing from any mobile device, be it a tablet or phone.
To make the process of operating office equipment as convenient and possible as possible when using any modern gadget, you need to download a utility called “Virtual Printer”. Let’s consider the process of using the program using the example of Cloud Print.
- First you need to run the program and click on the icon in the form of a printer.
- In the list of equipment, you need to find the all-in-one printer or other equipment you are interested in.
- At the next stage, we select a file for printing, it can be a text document, an image, or any other option.
- We set the desired options and complete the action using the “Print” button.
By choosing this option, the user has the opportunity to launch the smartphone desktop on the PC monitor. In this case, you also cannot do without special software. One of the most used programs is called Team Viewer. You need to install it on your phone and on your computer (laptop). To complete the pairing process, you need to do the following.
- Open the utility on your mobile phone.
- Next, you need to get the ID address that the program will indicate.
- Now you should run the same utility, but now on a PC. In the window that opens, you must enter the ID received in advance.
- Use the tick to mark the option “Remote control”.
- To transfer a file, you must open the appropriate section.
- After a few minutes, the two types of equipment are paired with each other.
To print text or images, most printer models must be connected to a PC that stores the required file. A laptop or computer is not always there, so you have to look for other ways out of the situation. You can connect the printer to your phone and print in minutes. Various synchronization methods are provided, suitable for laser or inkjet printers. Depending on which device you want to sync (old or new device), choose wireless or wired sync method.
If you have Internet access, you can print files directly from the Internet, for example, from a cloud storage. To simplify the task for users, special applications have been developed. You can connect a smartphone in almost any type of printing equipment (color photo printer, device for black and white printing, and other options). Most of the synchronization options described on the Internet apply to smartphone users running Android OS. This is the most popular operating system for mobile gadgets.
This is another wireless connection that has become widespread among modern users. In this case, the printer must be equipped with the correct module. Just as with the options described above, you will need a utility. To synchronize, you must perform the same actions as when connecting via Wi-Fi, with one difference. you must select the synchronization option via Bluetooth.
Pairing can be done through the PrintShare program, changing in the parameters just one item.
How to connect a printer to a phone?
One of the features of modern equipment is the ability to synchronize. Due to pairing, new possibilities are opened up for the user. The operation process is also simplified. In the article we will tell you about the options for connecting the printer to the phone.