Samsung Laser Printers. How to connect your printer to a wireless network in Windows using USB
Instructions on how to connect your printer to a wireless network in Windows 7, 8, and 10, as well as how to manually connect your printer using USB. This article uses a network with WPA2 encryption as an example. If WEP encryption is supported, it should be avoided because it is very insecure. Any modern router supports WPA or WPA2 encryption, which are the best options.
If the printer driver is not already installed, go to Software and Driver Downloads and enter the printer model in the search text box to download the latest driver.
How to install a printer without an installation disk?
It is not uncommon for printer owners to lose their driver discs. In addition, not all modern laptops are equipped with CD drives, so even if you have the media, the installation will not be possible. In this case, you need to resort to alternative ways of drivers installation.
Using the Windows Update Center:
- Expand the “Printers” section and find your model in the drop-down list. Right-click on the device name and click “Update Drivers. Select “Auto Search” and follow the instructions.
Tip: If your operating system’s main menu doesn’t work, find out what to do when “Start” on Windows 10 doesn’t open.
Manually through the print device manufacturer’s website:
- If the Windows Update Center cannot find the driver you are looking for, you should download it yourself.
- Up-to-date files are most often posted on the support page of the printer manufacturer’s official website. There, the user is also provided with detailed installation and setup instructions.
- Links for downloading drivers for printers from popular manufacturers:
- HP. support.HP.com;
- Canon. Canon.ru/support;
- Epson. epson.ru/suppor;
- Samsung. Samsung.com/en/support.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi?
Many modern printers can be connected to your computer via Wi-Fi. Before installing such a device you need to make sure that the wireless connection function is enabled and available on it. You can check it by pressing the button with the corresponding icon. On most models of office equipment, it is highlighted in blue if the connection is functioning correctly. To work with a wireless printer, it is necessary to have access to the Internet. After checking the connection, the user should add the printer to the system for further setup:
- InWindows 10 (the algorithm is the same as with a wired printing device):
- If the system does not automatically identify the office equipment, open “Start”, go to “Settings”, under “Devices” select “Printers and scanners.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- If the device is not found, click “Your printer is not in the list” to proceed to the manual setup.
- Enter the “Start” menu, open “Devices and Printers”.
- Press the “Printer Setup” button.
- Select the “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” option.
- Find the desired model in the list offered by the system and click “Next”.
- Confirm drivers installation.
- Follow the instructions of the installation wizard until the process completes successfully.
Tip: If you’re having trouble with your scanner, learn how to scan a document to your computer.
Setting up printer sharing on the network
If you were unable to connect a network printer using the instructions above, you can create a home network to include the device. In this case, several devices, including smartphones and tablets, can communicate with a single printer. Setting a default printer in Windows 10 for multiple devices is simple:
- Open the “Utilities” folder in the Start menu, select the “Control Panel” utility.
- Set the view mode in the window to the phrase “Small icons”. Near the very end of the list, find “Network and Sharing Center”. Open this section.
- In the opened window on the left side find “Change sharing settings”.
- In the list that appears, find the phrase “File and printer sharing”. Set the marker so that it is enabled. Save your changes.
- Use the arrow to return back to the previous window. Find the “Homegroup” entry in the lower left corner. Click on the “Create a homegroup” button in the window that appears.
- Select which files you would like to share. To printers it is obligatory. Click on “Next”.
- To connect the devices, the system generates a password, which you can write down or request each time in the main computer (it will be enough to open the “Homegroup” again).
Once you have created a home group, you can install the printer again and use it from any PC or laptop on your local network.
Now you know how to install the printer on the most popular versions of Windows. This is a simple procedure that can be completed by any user. Share this information with your friends, leave Комментарии и мнения владельцев. If you are having difficulty using printers or computers, we will be happy to find a solution.
The easiest way to add a local printer to your PC will be to install its drivers manually.
Before you start, you need to break the physical connection between your printing device and PC that is created by USB cable.
If you have a Windows operating system installed, the procedure should be as follows:
Go to “Devices and printers”. To do this, click on the “Start” button and select “Devices and Printers” on the right.
If you have Win10 installed, the procedure to enter the “Control Panel” is described in this subsection of this article.
In the window that opens, look for the button to add a new printer. Depending on the version of your Windows, its name may be slightly different.
Click on the “Install Printer” button at the top left. In the next window, select “Add a local printer”.
In the port selection window do not make any changes. Leave the LPT port and click “Next”.
In the window that opens on the left choose the manufacturer of your machine. After that, the choice of models will be available on the right. Among them you should find the right model.
If your device model is not in the list on the left, then click “Windows Update Center” to download the missing devices.
Connections of the printer to the laptop
The first thing you need to do is to connect the printer to the mains. Everyone can deal with this process. Further it is required to connect the printer and a laptop by the corresponding USB cable intended for data transfer. It usually comes with the printing device.
At this stage it is necessary to pay attention to. The fact that modern laptops and printers are equipped with USB-ports version 3.0, which have higher speed indicators than its previous versions. They differ not only in speed characteristics but also in appearance. Unlike its predecessor USB 3.0 is marked in blue.
So if your printer and notebook are equipped with USB 3 ports.If necessary, connect the two printers by plugging the cables into their respective sockets.
Note: If the printing device is equipped with a USB 3.0 port, as labeling on the cable should indicate, but the computer is an old version, there is nothing wrong with it. The old and the new interface versions are fully compatible. The only loss will be in data transfer rate, which is not critical for printing devices.
After connecting the printer to the laptop with the interface cable, make sure that the printer’s power switch is turned on, if any. It can usually be found on the back of the printer.
Connecting the printer to power supply
To start connecting the printer to the laptop, you should connect the printer itself to the power supply. This should be no problem at all. All you have to do is plug the power cord into the printer and then into an outlet. After that, the lights on the printer should come on, indicating that the printer is working.
If nothing happens when the printer is plugged in, then the printer is turned off by the. Locate the on/off button on the printer and press it. Such a button can be located on the back of the printer, near where the power cord connects. Or, the power button might be on the top of the printer, next to the control buttons.
Important note. For those using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS or UPS). You do not need to connect the printer to an uninterruptible power supply. The printer consumes too much power, so it will not run on UPS anyway.
Samsung Laser Printers. Instructions for installing printer drivers via USB connection in Windows
Samsung Printer Software Installer is a web-based installer that will download and install the drivers and software needed for Samsung printers.
If you have not yet installed a printer driver, go to Downloading Software and Drivers and enter the printer model in the search text box to download the latest driver version.
If you have not installed the printer driver yet, go to Software & Driver Downloads and enter your printer model in the search text box to download the latest driver version.
Check the box next to I have read and accept the installation agreement and click Next.
If you receive a No Printer Found error message, follow the steps below and then click Search again:
Make sure that one end of the USB cable is securely connected to the connector on the back of the printer, and the other end is connected to a working USB port on the computer.
The status bar shows the installation progress of components. When the progress bar is full, click Next.
The installation is now complete. Select Print Test Page to verify that the connection is successful, then click Finish. To finish the installation wizard.
If the Run Easy Eco Driver before printing job is checked, before printing each job, Easy Eco Driver opens a print job preview window with the option to change the toner/paper settings.
Some difficulties may occur when connecting the equipment and the connection. The installation does not always go smoothly.
This is the most common problem users encounter:
- Hardware does not want to print. You should check the selected default device, turn it on and off, and open the print queue.
- The printer is not detected. The problem could be a damaged or defective cord, cable, or Ethernet patch cord. Make sure the connection is good, reboot both devices, turn them on and off.
- The driver does not want to install. In this situation it is recommended to clear Windows from old updates, remove old printer drivers, remove them from the hardware list.
Otherwise, there should not be any problems.
Very rarely the problems can be hidden in problems with the printing device itself, which is caused by a factory defect. Then there is only one solution. This is the return of the printer under warranty, its repair or free replacement for a similar model.
Even a novice can manage connecting a printer to a computer or notebook. You just need to follow the instructions.