Oh, how many times I fell from a chair, after, having forgotten that I had headphones on, I tried to get up. I think everyone knows this picture. The problem is that in this way you can not only break the wired headphones, but also tear out the port of the sound card. which can lead to damage to the sound card or the motherboard.
That is why I decided. and yet I bought myself wireless headphones. In my example, I will show you how to connect bluetooth headphones to a computer or laptop.
HELP! Dear readers of our wireless site. I tried to reveal all sides of this unfortunate problem in the article. If something doesn’t work out for you, then write your questions in the comments, and I will be happy to help you. May the Wi-Fi Guide come with you.
Pros and Benefits of a Bluetooth Headset
- Most modern headphones have “hands free” technology. You can walk around the room, do and do your own business and at the same time easily manage the switching of songs, pause, rewind. using special buttons on the device.
- All devices are adapted for any operating system, be it Windows 7, 8, 10, XP or even iOS. You can safely connect them not only to a PC, but also to smartphones or tablets.
- How many wired headphones I had, and everyone had a problem breaking one wiring at the base. As a result, only one part works. Wireless does not have this. since the wires are completely absent.
Headphone connection without additional adapter
And so, a lack of built-in Bluetooth module may be a small problem. Unfortunately, not even all laptops have this transmitter, not to mention desktop computers. Now we will check whether we have Bluetooth or not.
- At the same time, hold down the Windows button and R. The command execution window will pop up. We enter such a line “devmgmt.msc” click “OK” or Enter.
- We look in the device manager. You need to find any mention of Bluetooth that will say that this technology is present in your computer.
- Double click on the adapter device. A window will pop up where it will be written that the device is working fine.
If the device is not found, but you know that it is, then go to the troubleshooting section in the same article.
Step 2: set up the connection
- In the tray in the lower right corner you should see the Bluetooth icon. If it is hidden, then just click on the arrow that points to the top to open hidden icons.
- Now click on the “Blue Tooth” icon and from the “Add Bluetooth Devices” drop-down list. If the device is turned off, turn it on!
- Next, turn on the headphones. For me, they are activated using the power button, which you need to pinch, until the device starts to burn. Some models have a separate Bluetooth button that activates the transmitter.
- The computer will try to find any devices and in the “Settings” window you will see the name of the headphones and the word “Connected” if the connection has occurred without failures.
Step 3: Verify Communication
Already at this stage, you can try to play any music, but problems may arise. The fact is that a successful connection does not say that after that the sound will play without problems. So, if the sound is interrupted or the headphones are silent. let’s go adjust the sound.
- Go to “Start” and look for “Control Panel”.
- Further, depending on the version of the OS, you need to go to the sound settings. Just find the speaker icon and double-click.
- The settings menu opens. We are interested in the first tab “Playback”.
- Double-click on the headphones. After that in line “Use of the device”, should stand “Use this device (on)”. If not, then activate the headphones. Click “Apply.”
- For every fireman, restart the computer or laptop. After that, turn on Bluetooth on your computer, then activate the headphones and try listening to the sound again.
Connecting headphones with an optional adapter
I will also tell you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer, which immediately comes with a built-in adapter for a PC that looks like a flash drive. That is, even if there is no Bluetooth on the computer, then you can safely use headphones.
- Turn on the headphones and insert the adapter into the USB port.
- At start in the search bar enter “Connecting devices”, press “View devices and printers.”
- Next, right-click on a free field. select “Adding devices.”
- The operating system will frantically search for connected devices. The installation of drivers will also begin. At the very end you will see a window with a message that the device has been added.
- Now in the same place “Devices and Printers” click on our headset with the right button and select “Bluetooth operations.”
- The system will automatically search for the necessary services. At the very end, click “Listen to music”.
Now you can turn on any player, or watch movies on the Internet, and listen to sound from brand new headphones. If there were errors during installation, then install the driver from the disk, since usually with such a headset there is an additional disk with software. In any other case, you can download the software from the official site.
If you have a full-fledged headset with a microphone like mine (from Bluedio), then you can chat on Skype and walk around the house with headphones. This is quite convenient, though before that you need to make some manipulations with the settings on Skype.
- We start Skype.
- Go to the settings. Skype versions are constantly updated, and this button opens differently in different versions of the program. so just look for the buttons.
- We go to the “Sound and” section. In the “microphone” should be our Bluetooth device. If worth “Default communication device”, just click on this label and select your headset.
- Perhaps you just installed the driver for the adapter. There, in the device manager, go to the tab “Other devices”. maybe “Unknown device”. and it will be our Bluetooth.
- Double click on it and in the tab “Driver”, press Refresh. If the drivers do not update from the Windows server, then you will need to look for drivers from the motherboard, since the Bluetooth adapter is wired there. You can also download the driver pack from https://drp.su/ru/foradmin. Scroll down a little to the section Driverpacks and download both packs.
- If in other devices there is nothing at all, and you feel inside that you have Bluetooth. Then maybe it is disabled in the BIOS. When rebooting, hold down one of the keys: Del, F2, F3 (the button depends on the version and type of BIOS, so you should try all the buttons).
- As soon as you appear in the very inside of your PC, go to the device tab. If you find Bluetooth just turn it on by switching to “Enabled”.
- To install, just insert the device into an accessible USB port.
- Next, the drivers should download automatically.
- If this does not happen, then go to the dispatcher task in the tab “Other devices”.
- There will be a new device. Our task is to update the driver. Sometimes a disk comes with the device, then you should install from it or download firewood from the official site.
If there are problems with audio playback, first check that the sound is set to full. To do this, click on the speaker in the lower right corner and see that the sound level on your headphones is above zero.
- If after that there is no sound, then most likely the problem is in the drivers. We also go to the device manager and try to update the driver.
- Next, the installation window will pop out or the system will inform you that the software does not need to be updated. Then it’s worth downloading the driver to the mainland or an external adapter from the official site. For external media, you must enter the name of the device in any Internet search engine.
- For the internal module, everything is much more complicated. If you have a disk from the motherboard with the original drivers, then install the software from there. Otherwise, you will need to search for the name of the motherboard model manually. Poke “Start” and prescribe “CMD”. Run the command line. We write this command:
wmic baseboard get product, Manufacturer, version, serialnumber
- A message pops up with full information about the motherboard model. We are interested in the line under “Product “. We open the browser and enter this combination of letters and numbers in Yandex or Google. A link to the official website with this motherboard will open, where you can download firewood. Next, just install them.
The computer does not see the headphones
- Try restarting the headphones themselves.
- If this does not help, fully charge them and try connecting again.
- Reboot the PC.
- Update the driver on the Bluetooth adapter and motherboard.
- Perhaps there is a problem with the Bluetooth adapter or the operating system (I had this with a wireless mouse). Try connecting them to a phone or other PC, laptop, tablet. to check the performance.
If the problem persists, then the problem is in them and you need to give the wireless headset under warranty.