How to Clear History of Visits on a Computer
How to clear history on a Windows computer
Good afternoon, dear readers and guests of the portal, surely each of you was wondering how to clear the history on a Windows computer, of course, everyone understands that their own, someone’s, this is the history of visiting the browser, someone’s correspondence or open files , all this can be called as activities on the computer, we will clean and delete them with you.
Types of cleaning history on a computer
If you analyze this issue, and figure out what types you can share cleaning up activities on your computer, then there are two types:
- Complete deletion of the entire history without the possibility of recovery, but with the safety of the operating system (an example when you want to cover your tracks or prepare your computer for sale)
- This is a partial removal of certain activities to optimize the computer (speeding up the PC)
How to clear browsing history on a computer
Visitor history will be considered both browser activity and work on the computer itself:
- Launch programs
- Opening files and other actions with them
- Network activity
We clean the sysprep utility
This method is ideal for those people who want to sell their computer or laptop and do not want their visit history on a computer to be restored and read by third parties, but want to leave their operating system and ideally clean, as if it were installed right now.
For such purposes, Windows has a built-in sysprep utility. I told you what it is, but if in a nutshell, this is a program to depersonalize Windows from the personal data of users. There the principle was simple, you start the audit mode there, as a result, the system reboots and the next time you log in using the built-in Administrator account, thanks to this you can now go to the Control Panel \ All the elements of the control panel \ System (or the properties of my computer), where you click Advanced system settings additional tab User profiles Parameters. You get a list of accounts that can and should be deleted.
Clearing the PrivaZer Utility History
Clear the history of visits on the computer, of course, you can also use special programs created specifically for these things and one of them is called PrivaZer, I already made a detailed story about it to you, and showed its capabilities, but only a small fraction of them:
- Clear Internet activity traces
- Clear remaining traces of old files
- Clear traces of using programs
In the extended mode PrivaZer, cleans the history of Messengers, Cookies. You can download the privazer program from the link on the left.
We continue to study the issue how to clear history on computer with Windows and the next utility we will have Ccleaner.
Clear history with Ccleaner
I also told you how to use the ccleaner program, I will only remind you of its capabilities in the context of our article topic, namely it can:
- Clear browsing history of sites on the Internet (clear browsing history)
- Recent Documents what you discovered
- Windows Event Logs
- Pile of junk from other utilities
- Saved browser passwords
Here is an example of cleaning
Clear history of Glary Utilities
Glary Utilities is a new thing for me, but it was very firmly and usefully included in my software bundle, supplementing the utilities described above, I’ll tell you more about it now, now we need the Disk Cleanup button.
As a result, you will see on the left side of the program what you can remove, here is an example of browsers.
Here I want to show a couple more chips how to clean something:
- how to clear skype history on computer He also spoke in a separate article, so it makes no sense to repeat
- how to clear browsing history on computer it’s very simple if you don’t want to use the utilities, then press CTRLH in your browser, and depending on the browser, press the desired button, in Google Chrome it looks like this
- Clear event log using a convenient script that will delete all the event logs in the system, thereby hiding your actions.
Zero Hard Drive
Above, I wrote to you, for paranoiacs, the option is one hundred percent deletion of data from the computer without the possibility of deletion, its meaning is that you replace the deleted data, write useless garbage, in the form of zeros, and the same Ccleaner will help us with this, in paragraph Service Erasing disks, indicate those disks that you want to wipe and the number of approaches, the more they are, the more reliable your erasing of the disk is.
I think I managed to answer the question of how to clear the history on a Windows computer.