Do you want to clear your smartphone memory? Removing the browser cache on Android
In the process of using the browser, various system files and records are created. Here are some of them.
Browsing history. a log of the pages that have been opened on this device.
Cookie. small service files that sites create when you visit them. They are needed for the site to “recognize” you during your next visit (for example, to show the goods in the cart in the online store that you added during a previous visit).
Cache. when visiting the site some of the information from it is temporarily saved to the memory of the device (eg, pictures). This is needed to open this site more quickly next time.
Passwords. most browsers can save usernames/passwords if you enter them on some site. Next time you don’t have to enter the password, it will already be saved on the device.
Today the government held its annual report in the State Duma, where several important statements were made by the Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.
First of all, he confirmed that the popular app stores App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for smartphones and tablets with Android operating system may soon stop allowing Russian users to download apps.
In this regard, he said that it is necessary to create our own platform. over, it is not just in the plans, it is already being actively implemented. Mikhail Mishustin officially announced that the Russian app store for Android devices should be operational by this summer.
I’m going to take this opportunity to say. Guys, developers, programmers, IT people, let’s make our own ecosystem. We have everything for that. There are elements of this ecosystem that need to be refined. We need to make our own online store, because the App Store and Google Play are almost impossible to download apps from.Mikhail Mishustin
Mishustin also stressed that Russia gave IT-specialists all opportunities to work in the country.
Do not be afraid of anything, do not trust anyone in this sense. Everything will be fine here, everything will be reliable, and you will be able to work quietly for your country, for your company, to earn normally and live comfortably here.Mikhail Mishustin
Stop in the settings
If you cannot find Chrome in the Google Play app, or if the “Delete” button does not appear there, we suggest using an alternative way to disable the browser. Like any other program, you can stop its work through the settings of the mobile device. The operation is very simple and consists of several steps:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to “Applications”.
- Find Google Chrome in the list and click on its icon.
- Click on “Clear cache” and “Erase data” in succession.
- Click on “Stop”.
- Finally, click on the “Disconnect” button.
After performing all the steps of the presented algorithm, you will completely stop the work of Chrome. The application will not send pop-up notifications and the free space in the internal memory of the device will increase significantly. However, this option doesn’t completely remove Chrome. Application will remain on your smartphone no matter what actions you take.
How to clear the browser on your Android phone
In addition to the settings, you can delete the cache and other browser data in the application itself. Since there are now a large number of browsers, it is important to consider the algorithm of actions for each specific case.
Chrome is the standard browser installed on all phones running the Android operating system. Deleting cache, cookies, and browsing history via apps. To clear the browser you will need:
If necessary, you can clear all the files stored by Google Chrome on your phone at once. To do this, select the “All the time” option on step 4 and check the items with cache, cookies and other files.
One of the most popular browsers for Android is cleaned in a similar way to Google Chrome. But the menu items in UC Browser are slightly different, so you need to follow a different instruction:
If you only need to get rid of browsing history, you can go to the tab “History and bookmarks” on the third step. Here, among other things, you can clear the visited sites.
Yandex’s proprietary browser is also very popular with owners of Android smartphones. To delete cache and other files, the user needs to:
If the three dot icon does not appear in your browser, press your smartphone’s Menu button.
In Mozilla, cache, history and cookies are deleted according to a very similar algorithm to Google Chrome. That is, the owner of the smartphone needs:
Also, Mozilla has a special functionality that allows you to delete the cache and other user data automatically. This increases privacy and frees up a lot of storage space. To enable the feature you should:
- Open the “Settings” section of the browser settings.
- Go to “Privacy.
- Check the “Erase my data on logout” box.
- Select the information you want to delete.
- Click the “Install” button.
Now you don’t have to open settings every time you want to clear history or cache. All information will be deleted automatically as soon as Mozilla Firefox closes.
This browser has become much less popular in recent years than applications like Google Chrome or UC Browser. Opera’s Intease has not been updated for a long time, so users have problems clearing the cache.
If the user does not want Opera to save cookie data when visiting sites, it is necessary in the “Privacy” block to disable cookies.
To delete the history in the Opera (Opera) browser on Android is necessary:
- Launch the application;
- Press the letter “O”, which brings up the main menu;
- Find the “History” button and click on “Delete All”.
- Also, there is a “Confidential” button in the main menu. By clicking on it, you can reset not only the history, but also passwords, cache and cookies.
Firefox browser is getting more and more popular. To clear its history, you need to do the following steps:
- Launch it;
- Find the “Settings” menu;
- Select the item “Clear personal data”;
- In the window that appears, tick the boxes to specify what you want to delete and confirm your actions;
- Get out of the menu.
To clear history and other personal data in Yandex browser, you need to:
- Launch it;
- Click the button, which shows the settings menu in the form of three vertical dots;
- Select the “Privacy” section;
- Select the data to be deleted;
- Confirm action;
- Exit the menu.
To avoid having to clear the history in Yandex browser in the future, you can enter the “Privacy” section and disable automatic saving of history.
What happens after you clear Google Chrome’s cache
Freeing the cache partition will not bring any critical changes, but there will be some consequences:
- Less speed of loading sites for the first time;
- Updating data, design or site interface;
- The disappearance of browser bugs;
- Increased traffic consumption;
- Freeing up space in the memory of the device.
As you can see, clearing the cache of the site in Google Chrome is fairly easy and routine procedure, which should be able to perform every self-respecting user of the smartphone and PC. However, the cache is counted as potentially useful data, deleting it too often is not the best solution. Periodic cleaning is enough for a comfortable and fast work with the browser from Google.
How to clear Google Chrome cache on Android?
Open the browser, find and tap the three dot button in the top right corner.
The menu will open. Scroll down, find and click on the “Settings” tab.
Find and click the “Personal Data” tab.
Scroll down to the bottom, click “Clear History”.
How to clear history in Chrome on your phone
Delete history means erase all data and site visit lists. The user can erase both individual components and the entire history at once. This function is really available on all devices and in all browser systems, only it may differ in algorithm and name of icons.
Delete the entire history
If the user wants to clear his entire browsing history, he should understand that he will not be able to get it back. This means that in the future the user will not be able to see which sites he previously visited, what he did.
The history is deleted without a trace. If this is the user’s mission, he needs to:
- Open Google Chrome with a tap on the icon;
- Go to the start screen. We need to open the history;
- After that, click on the three dots located in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Now the user must click on “History”;
- A list of all sites will open. Find a special button called “Clear History” and click on it;
- Agree with the deletion, and select the parameters that are worth deleting.
After that, the user will automatically delete all his history of visiting sites. It is worth waiting a bit for the system to apply the filters, and then conduct a total cleanup.
In the “Options” section, when deleting, do not delete the settings for sites and forums automatically. This is quite convenient, because it speeds up everyday Internet searches. Having access to different sites is much easier.
Delete individual record
As said before, you can also delete individual records in Chrome. This view is no different from a full cleanup. In order to do this, you need to:
- Open the browser on your device;
- Tap on the menu and go to “history”;
- After that, we wait for the history to load on the device;
- Once the loading has passed, you need to find the individual site that you would like to delete. Next to it will be a special garbage can. Tap on it;
- After that, confirm the removal.
This way you can delete specific sites from the system. If you want to delete a particular list, you should click on the specific site, and then use a checkmark to select those that also need to be cleared. A special window will appear in the form of a basket, which should be clicked on. After that, the history will also be deleted.
Delete actions for a period of time or in a specific service
If the user wants to delete a certain period of time or all of the actions that he has committed on the page, then he can use the same delete, only with certain settings. To do this, it is necessary:
- Open Chrome on the phone, and then go to the settings with a tap on the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen;
- After that, go to “History” and find the button sorted by time or service;
- Now the user should select a specific period or service;
- Click on the “Delete” button to erase all unnecessary data.
Thus, the user can delete even those data and actions that he committed a certain period or on the site. This can be useful when a user needs to hide information about their activity from others who are viewing their history or actions.
Regularly delete the browser cache on your Android phone, as a lot of unnecessary information is stored in memory. It leads to crashes and slow performance. Delete manually or with CCleaner, which will perform a complete system cleanup. Do it at least once a week.
Sooner or later every active user of a mobile device is faced with the question of how to clear the browser on Android. A seemingly easy task can take a lot of time, even for an experienced user. Read the article to understand.
Google Chrome (Download)
Chrome on Android is one of the most downloaded browsers. So let’s start with it. To reset the history in this program, you must:
- Go to “settings”;
- In the menu that appears on the screen, click on “Confidential”;
- By checking the boxes, select what exactly needs to be cleared and deleted;
- Confirm the operation;
- Close the menu.
To delete history in Opera (Opera) browser on Android, you need to:
- Run the application;
- Click on the letter “O”, which causes the main menu to appear;
- Find the “History” button and click “Delete All”.
- Also, in the main menu there is a button “Confidential”. By clicking on it, you can reset not only the history, but also passwords, cache and Cookies.
Browser Firefox is gaining popularity. To clear its history, you need to perform the following actions:
- Launch it;
- Find the “Settings” menu;
- Select “Clear personal data”;
- In the window that appears, tick the boxes indicate what you want to delete and confirm your actions;
- Exit the menu.
Yandex Browser (Download)
To clear history and other personal data in Yandex Browser, you need:
- Launch it;
- Click on the button with the settings menu in the form of three vertical dots;
- Select the Privacy section;
- Select the data to be deleted;
- Confirm the action;
- Exit the menu.
In order to avoid having to clear the history in Yandex browser in the future, you can enter the “Privacy” section and disable automatic saving of history.
UC Browser (Download)
Cleaning UC Browser is done as follows:
- Launch the browser;
- Click on the menu button, which is located at the bottom of the display and is made in the form of three dashes;
- Find the “Clear data” section;
- Mark the necessary parameters and clear by pressing one button.
Dolphin Browser (Download)
You can clear history in Dolphin Browser in the following way:
- Going into the menu, the button in the form of a dolphin silhouette;
- Select the “Settings” item;
- Next, go to “Data Storage Settings”;
- Check the boxes next to the personal information you want to delete;
- Confirm deletion.
The process of clearing any browser on android takes no more than two minutes. The key to this issue is not to get lost among the many menu sections.
Dear Readers! If you still have questions or have Комментарии и мнения владельцев on the article. please leave them below.