How to delete all iPhone contacts at once
Deleting several contacts from the address book in the iOS operating system, which is used on all iPhones, is quite a complicated process if you use the “default” method. You need to open the contact, click “Edit” at the top of the screen, in the new window move down to the bottom and select “Delete contact”. It is even scary to imagine how much time it will take if the phone book contains 200 entries and you need to delete all of them at once. For example, before selling a device.
In this case, do not use the standard method, as you will get a real torture. There are easier and faster ways to completely clear your iPhone phonebook. They involve the use of both system functionality and third-party software.
Erasing contacts via iTunes
In this matter, the iPhone owner will again be helped by the almighty application. Mediacombine works as follows:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC/laptop with the USB cable and run the iTunes app that was installed beforehand.
- Click on the cell phone icon.
- In “settings” select “information”.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with” and select Outlook or Windows Contacts (one of the two) from the dropdown menu. Make sure there is a dot next to “All Contacts.
- Scroll down, look for “Extras” and check the box for “Contacts.
- Start the synchronization procedure by clicking on “Apply” and “Done”.
In the process, the contained phonebook entries will be replaced with data stored on the PC. That is, iTunes will find the phonebook on your iPhone, replacing it with an empty one from your computer. But keep in mind that the information will not appear in the directory if the computer does not have a file in the appropriate format.
In addition, the file will really be empty only if you have not previously saved numbers from iPhone in Outlook or Windows Contacts during synchronization.
Clearing via iTunes
This method is very simple. To delete all contacts at once, you must:
- run the software and connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable;
- Click on the phone icon in the upper left corner and go to “Details”;
- In the desired part of the page, check the box next to the synchronization and click on “All”;
This method will work if the options selected for synchronization, such as Outlook or Windows Contacts, do not contain any contact information. That is, all the numbers on your smartphone will be replaced with an empty file.
How to delete all the contacts on your iPhone
Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to the creation of this article and checked it for accuracy and completeness.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the editors’ work to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
Number of views on this article: 423 087.
This article shows you how to delete unnecessary contacts from Contacts on your iPhone, iCloud, and iTunes.
Tap Change. This button is located in the upper right corner of the screen. This will allow you to edit your contact information, as well as delete it completely.
- The “Delete” button will not appear in the case of contacts that are added from other apps, such as
- If your iPhone is connected to an iCloud account, the contact will be deleted from all connected devices.
Open Settings. This application has a gear icon (⚙️), which is usually located on the Home screen.
- If you’re not already logged in, click “Sign in,” enter your Apple ID and password, and then click “Sign in.
- In older versions of iOS, skip this step.
Move the “Contacts” slider to the “Off” position. It will turn gray, and a message will appear on the screen with a proposal to delete all iCloud contacts stored in the iPhone memory.
Tap Delete from iPhone. All contacts that were synced with your iCloud account will be removed from your iPhone. These contacts include all contacts that are stored in your device’s memory, such as contacts that you’ve manually added.
Open Settings. The icon for this app looks like a gear wheel (⚙️), which is usually located on the home screen.
Scroll down the screen and tap Contacts. To find this option, scroll down about a third of the way.
Move the Contacts slider to Off. it will become grayed out, which means that the contacts from the selected email service account will no longer appear in the iPhone Contacts app.
Delete contacts using iCloud
Of course, you will have to struggle with this method, but it will allow you to finally register in iCloud and start using its functions to the fullest extent. In order for this method to work you must always be authorized under your Apple ID on the phone and computer. If you don’t have an Apple ID, be sure to get one before you do this method. You can do it for free, and how. To delete contacts on your iPhone using iCloud, you need to perform the following series of actions:
- On your phone, select the Settings app and scroll to iCloud.
- The phone will ask you to enter your ID and password. enter everything and press the “Login” button. At the bottom there is a “Get Apple ID for free” button, you can click on it and fill out a simple registration form.
- In the window that appears, the device will ask you if you want to merge data from iCloud with the information stored on the phone itself. Press the “Merge” button.
- If the slider in the “Contacts” field is inactive, activate it by moving it to the right. You won’t need any more iPhone.
- Now you need to go to the iCloud website.com and re-enter your Apple ID and password.
- You will see iCloud menu. From the drop-down list, select “Contacts”. In the list of contacts that appears, select several phones that you want to delete.
- After that, click on the gear in the lower left corner and find the “Delete” function. Click on it and confirm your action in the pop-up window. In just a few seconds, you’ll see the phone numbers disappear from your phonebook.
How to delete contacts from iPhone using an application
Often there is a problem when a person wants to delete all contacts at once or remove only some that have become unnecessary. The developers have implemented this possibility for iPhone owners in a different way than in Android devices.
Deleting a contact
If you need to clean up your phonebook (remove all outdated numbers and information), this method remains the most comfortable:
- Find the “Contacts” icon at the bottom of your desktop. This is the green square with the handset. Tap it.
- On the next page, to delete an individual number from your iPhone, type its name into the search box and tap on the magnifying glass image on the left. If you have a few numbers stored on your phone, scroll down to the one you want to remove.
- Tap the name of the contact with your finger to open it.
- At the top right there is an “edit” button. Tap it and then scroll to the end of the page. This is where the delete option is located. Activate it and the entry will be erased.
Deleting a contact from your iPhone: YouTube/TIMOXA LIFE
Clearing the “Favorites” list
It happens that one or more numbers you’ve placed in a named group become unnecessary. Erasing data from the “Favorites” category has its own technology. Here’s how to delete contacts on your iPhone in this case:
- Enter Contacts. At the bottom and left there is a “Favorites” folder. it is marked with an asterisk. Tap it with your finger.
- On the page that opens find the “Change” button. It is located in the upper-right corner of the display. Click on the button. After that, near each entry will appear a red circle with the sign “minus”.
- View your list. Determine which contacts in it have become irrelevant. Remove them by clicking on the red circles.
- Confirm your decision to remove numbers from the list. If you don’t do this, changes will not be recorded. To do this, press the “Done” button located at the upper right corner.
Delete a contact from the history
Despite the high security of iPhone, its owners still sometimes need to clean up their call history. Regardless of the reason for this action, the task is performed as follows:
- Enter the “Contacts” app. To the right of the “Favorites” item is the “Recent” tab. Sign in.
- Make sure that the entire list of calls of the last days is displayed. If so, the slider above the list is in the “All” position.
- Tap the “Edit” button, which is in the upper right corner. After that, a red circle with a crossed line will appear next to each call.
- Tap on unnecessary numbers and activate the red “Delete” button. It is located in the upper right corner.
How to delete contacts from iPhone app: Pixabay
Delete all contacts from iCloud
This method is only suitable for someone who needs to delete all contacts from their device. Follow these steps to accomplish this.
Step 1 On your iPhone, go to Settings. iCloud. Toggle Contacts Off.
Step 2 You will be prompted to delete all iCloud contacts stored locally on your iPhone. Tap “Delete from my iPhone.”.
Step 3 Check your other email accounts. You can also use this method to delete contacts synced with other email addresses. Go back to Settings and then select “Mail, contacts and calendars”. “Check each of these accounts. Disable contact synchronization for any accounts from which you no longer need contacts.
How to delete numbers from jailbroken iPhone?
The owner of a jailbroken iPhone has more options for deleting contacts from the mobile device. He can, for example, use a tweak called Erase Contacts. This tweak is available from the BigBoss repository and is completely free of charge. After installing the application, this icon appears on the iPhone screen:
Just click on the Erase Contacts icon and confirm the operation. all contacts from your phonebook will be deleted.
There is another way. connect hacked device to PC and delete contacts through one of the file managers (say, iTools or iFile). In the file system, the phone directory is stored at privatevarmobileLibraryAddressBook. If your iPhone isn’t jailbroken, this method won’t work. you just can’t find the “Private” folder in the “User System” section.
The fastest and most reliable way
The easiest and fastest way to remove contacts from your iPhone is to do a full phone reset. To do this, go to settings and follow the following path: Basic. Reset. Erase content and settings:
Remember that this method involves deleting not only the user data in your phonebook, but also all the files and settings.