How To Clean Memory On Android Honor
How to clear your phone’s internal storage: 3 popular apps
Not sure how to clear the internal storage of your Android phone? F.Ua will tell you about the 3 best optimizers that are most trusted in the world.
Clean Master has already cleaned the SD card and system memory of more than 400 million devices in the world. It increases the speed of the device and games on it, protects against overheating and viruses.
4 advantages of the app:
- Quickly removes unnecessary files,
- Easy to use,
- Has a user-friendly interface,
- Scans the phone for viruses in 8 seconds, which is 500% faster than paid antivirus applications.
What Clean Master can do:
- Cools the phone when it overheats, finds and stops programs that cause excessive heating;
- Cleans garbage by restoring the device’s internal memory, increases its speed and improves performance, incl. SD cards;
- Speeds up the work of games and applications;
- Stops programs that slow down the device, heat up the system very much and quickly drain the battery;
- Keeps the user’s personal information safe;
- Scans and protects your smartphone from viruses, Trojans, adware and spyware.
Clean Master supports about 30 languages of the world, including Russian and Ukrainian.
How to clear Android internal storage?
3 of the most popular Android memory cleaner apps.
An interesting feature of this optimizer is the customizable widget that appears on top of any application. By the way, Clean Master has the same function.
4 advantages of the app:
- Quickly clears RAM,
- Clears cache with one touch of the screen,
- Scans and removes unnecessary files,
- Automatically starts, stops and disables applications.
What Smart Booster can do?
RAM Booster is equipped with 4 levels of automatic cleaning:
- Soft: kills programs that use a lot of internal memory;
- Medium: gets rid of applications that consume memory above the average;
- Powerful: neutralizes programs that consume system memory with small and below average rates;
- Aggressive: eradicates most harmful apps.
DU Speed Booster
DU Speed Booster manages and optimizes background applications, detects memory capacity, detects unnecessary files, checks software permission and protects your smartphone from viruses.
4 advantages of the app:
- Speeds up Android by 60%,
- Provides for auto-cleaning of unusable files,
- Performs deep analysis of the cache,
- Protects against viruses and trojans.
What DU Speed Booster can do:
- Concentrates system resources, ensuring the operation of applications, games and acceleration of shooters;
- Diagnoses and increases the speed of work with one touch on the screen when using the widget;
- Cleans up background processes and forcibly terminates tasks;
- Manages programs to clear and expand the internal storage of the phone;
- Checks cache and applications to find and neutralize viruses and trojans;
- Increases storage space by moving files and applications from the internal memory of the smartphone to the SD card.
Supports 19 languages of the world, including Russian.
Now you know how to clear your mobile phone memory.
Watch the video review of the Neffos smartphone
How to Clear Internal Memory of Honor and Huawei Phone
Almost all owners of these models are interested in how to clear the memory on a Huawei and Honor phone. This is due to the fact that free space is clogged up, and the need for new applications, photos and music does not go anywhere. And to keep enough space on your phone to download, you need to delete old items. In this review of functions, we will consider what types of memory such phones have, how to determine its fullness, how to clean.
How to clear phone RAM
This is where rolling back to developer settings will help. Go to the “Recovery and reset” section. Back up important files to third-party media or the cloud in advance.
How to clear smartphone memory using programs
In 2020, Google Play offers Android owners several valid options on how to automatically clean up trash on their gadgets.
Many people have no idea how quickly SMS clogs up memory. They are small, but there are many of them. Due to this, gigabytes of free space cannot be used for other purposes.
People often download an interesting application, but after a couple of days they stop using it. And updates come out on it, and it becomes more and more difficult. To ensure that such frames do not slow down the phone’s operation, delete what is not needed in a timely manner.
Types of memory on Android devices
Three types of memory are allocated on Android devices:
- Operating room;
System memory (RAM) is used to support the launch and operation of installed applications. This operational storage accepts any downloaded software and its utilities.
The second type is where the operating system is stored. The user cannot intervene there and change something. Such actions entail an error in operation, therefore this type of memory was made private.
The third option is memory used to store user files, messages, music, photos, videos, etc.
Cleaning up junk files
This option should be conscious, since it is important to understand and filter out what you no longer need: little-used software, old photos or music. We move everything to the basket.
If you have any questions or complaints. Please let us know
This is the most popular program today. You can download it on Google Play, then install and run it. There will be a big bright “Clear” button on the screen. Click it and wait for the process to complete.
How to clean Honor and Huawei phone memory manually
There are several options for how to manually clear the internal memory of Huawei and Honor phones:
- Move unwanted photos and videos to Google Drive or another convenient cloud;
- Through the settings, transfer applications to an external SD-drive;
- Just delete what you are not using;
- Format outer and inner space.
How to clear cache on Android Honor and Huawei without deleting photos
To save your photos on the device, but clear the accumulated cache, you need to do not general, but spot cleaning. Next, we will talk about what methods of this process exist on Huawei and Honor phones in 2020.
To get to the recovery menu, press the smartphone power key and volume control. Keep them active for at least 15 seconds. Then release it, and the system will automatically start Recovery. Use the up and down keys to navigate through the items to the line “Wipe cache partition”. Select and confirm an action.
This is a third-party software for PC and phones that helps to clear cache on Huawei and Honor phones. As of 2020, it is widely used to clean up memory, since the interface is SIMple, the cleaning system itself is free, and over the years of operation it has established itself as efficient and reliable.
To use this option, go to the Play Market, enter the name CCleaner in the search bar, download and install. After starting, select the desired cleaning option.
Removing the cache of a specific program
If only one program needs to clear the cache, open settings, go to “Applications”. There, select separately what you need, with two clicks a context menu will open, in which there is a separate item for cleaning.
If you have any questions or complaints. Please let us know
Removal via settings
The easiest way is to use the standard settings. To do this, go to the appropriate section, select the item “All applications”. You open the ones you are using and clear the data one by one. To do this, each window has the necessary button.
How to Clear Cache on Huawei and Honor Phone: Manually Without Deleting Photos
How to clear cache on Android Honor and Huawei? This question arises for users who are faced with a lack of free space on the device. In this article we will look at the answers to the most popular questions: What is cache? What types of such files are there? How is it possible to clear memory? What cleaning programs exist?
We distinguish three types of cache files that are found on Honor and Huawei mobile devices:
- User application cache;
- System cache of system programs.
The first appears on the device in parallel with the work of the software. It is better to delete it if you have not started the file source for a long time. It makes no sense to delete the second type, because the return occurs instantly. You should also not go into system software and their components, as this leads to malfunctions in the operation of the device.
What is cache?
When you download any application to your smartphone, a corresponding folder is created in the device’s memory. This folder contains components that are responsible for the functioning of this software. These can be reports on work, compressed images of documents, etc. This database is used in practice for faster loading of the application. Let’s consider a specific example. Viber. If someone sends you a photo to view it, you only need to upload the message once. Further, it has already been preserved in the free space of the carrier, and does not require Internet access to view it.
How to clear cache on Huawei tablet
The procedure is the same with all options suitable for the phone. This is due to the fact that both the tablet and the phone have the same interface and Android operating system. The tablets from this manufacturer have about the same settings, so there will be no problems with cleaning. If something went wrong, restart your device.
Clearing internal memory
Now let’s talk about the ways to free up space and delete unnecessary files on Huawei (Honor). There are several options here:
- Clearing the browser cache.
- Deleting application data.
- Banal removal of unnecessary programs and files (videos, pictures, messages, photos).
Clearing the browser cache
Browsers eventually accumulate a really large amount of unnecessary files that should be deleted periodically. Let’s look at this process using the example of the two most common browsers: “Google Chrome” and “Yandex browser”.
- Open chrome and click on the three dots icon.
- In the window that opens, select the “History” item. History “width =” 660 “height =” 696 “srcset =” https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr6.Jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr6-284×300.Jpg 284w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp.Content / uploads / 2019/11 / kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr6-379×400.Jpg 379w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- Click Clear history Clear data. Delete data “width =” 660 “height =” 691 “srcset =” https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr7. Jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr7-287×300.Jpg 287w, https://phonegeek.ru/ wp-content / uploads / 2019/11 / kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr7-382×400.Jpg 382w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- As in the case of chrome, open the browser and click on the icons in the form of three dots.
- In the window that opens, we find “Settings”.
- There is an item “Clear data”.
Closing background applications
Everything is SIMple here. If you use a large number of programs, they often continue to run in the background. You can terminate their work in literally two clicks:
- Click on the navigation icon in the form of a square.
- A window will open in which the applications running in the background will be displayed, as well as the amount of free RAM. Click on the basket and you’re done.
Cleaning up RAM
First, let’s figure out how to clear temporary memory (cache). There are two ways to do this: closing background apps or clearing each app individually.
Removing application data
The applications you use can also accumulate a large number of junk files that SIMply take up space. To remove them, a useful program is built into the system. “Phone Manager”. The default dispatcher shortcut should be located on the desktop.
In the manager, select the item “Memory cleaning”. In the window that opens, you will see general information on unnecessary files and application data. It also displays data on messengers, which also tend to clog the memory with unnecessary “junk”. Another useful item is unused applications. Just delete what you don’t use.
Opposite each item there is a “Clear” button. Click on it and free up space on your smartphone.
If you scroll down the window in the Memory Cleanup menu, you can see the Special Cleanup field.
All statistics on images, videos, audio, applications and large files stored in your Huawei’s memory are here. We look, analyze, delete all unnecessary.
How to clear memory on Huawei and Honor
How to clear memory on Huwei and Honor? In this manual, we will explain how to free up space by clearing the internal memory and at the same time learn how to free up RAM.
Clearing the application cache
To clear the cache of applications on your Huawei and Honor, do the following:
- Open the “Settings” smartphone.
- Next, select the “Applications” item. In the window that opens, click “Applications” again. Applications “width =” 660 “height =” 695 “srcset =” https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr3.Jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr3-285×300.Jpg 285w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp.Content / uploads / 2019/11 / kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr3-380×400.Jpg 380w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- The applications that you use most often eat up the cache. Take the Health program as an example. We find it in the list of applications, open it and find the item “Memory”.
- In the window that opens, you will see the amount of internal memory that this program occupies, as well as the cache. Click “Clear cache” and you’re done.
Another easy way to clear RAM is to SIMply restart your smartphone.
Standard removal of programs and files
Well, of course, you can clear the internal memory on Huawei through the standard explorer (the “Files” shortcut). Applications are removed both from the desktop and through the “Settings”.
We will not consider third-party programs, since there is no point in them. The system has all the necessary tools that were described above.
Why regularly clean up memory on Android
Internal memory is used by default for most tasks. Here is a partial list of such tasks:
- Downloading information from the network.
- Receiving files via bluetooth or NFC.
- Phone calls and correspondence in messengers.
- Android Updates.
- Installing applications and updating.
If the internal storage is full, normal operation of the device is disrupted, access to some functions is not available, and certain applications stop working. It also takes more time for the system to load data, such as music in the player, or display thumbnails of pictures in the gallery.
Clearing phone memory using third-party applications
Third-party apps offer in-depth analysis and advanced memory cleaning. For example, the SD Maid application can clear the cache as in the previous method. And also uninstall applications and search for duplicate files. The program offers manual and automatic cleaning methods. This allows you to mark and remove more “unnecessary” files in one go.
Some SIMilar programs analyze application usage time. Unused or rarely used applications, it is suggested to remove.
If you have root rights, system applications are allowed to be removed or frozen. Also move to a memory card, which is important for large games.
Such applications work according to one principle:
- After starting it is suggested to click on the analysis button.
- The application scans the memory, and the report indicates the files recommended for deletion.
- One-button cleaning.
- Low chance of accidentally deleting important files.
- Detailed analysis and cleaning of unnecessary information.
- Minimum application requirements. A regular file manager is enough.
Optimizing interior space
These recommendations should be considered by all users as an additional way to increase the space on the internal storage:
- Remove unused games and applications.
- Replace some programs with light versions.
- Use external storage for offline maps, music, photos.
- If the design does not provide for the installation of a memory card or the slot is occupied by a second SIM card, enable automatic download of files to the cloud storage. See this selection for the optimal cloud drive.
- If you have root rights, transfer large games to the memory card. If there is no root, and you do not play often, keep additional files on the memory card. Before playing, copy the data folder to the desired directory of the internal storage, and at the end of the game, delete the folder.
- Navigate your browser to where you want to save the files to the external drive. In which browser this function is supported, see our selection of browsers.
- Combine internal partition with external storage if memory is insufficient.
- Check your antivirus system. A selection of antiviruses will help you choose the best program.
How to clear memory on Android
Section: For beginners, Memory, Cleaning Date: 11/13/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Comments: 0
Last updated: 05/11/2020
The article shows in detail how to free up phone memory. Described cleaning methods for beginners, advanced and experienced Android users. General recommendations are given for expanding disk space and keeping storage in optimal condition.
Clearing memory with built-in Android tools
In Android, a general basic analysis of the occupied space of internal memory is available. Detailed analysis is offered only by third-party applications, for example, Solid Explorer. But even basic analysis is enough to figure out what memory is spent on.
In Android version 5.0, a graph appeared with the calculation of the cache. Temporary data. Such files appear in the process of using applications. The more often and more actively you use programs, the more cache accumulates. For some users, the size of temporary files is 500. 2500 MB.
Follow these steps to clear the cache:
- Open the system settings menu.
- Select “Storage” or “Memory” if the item has a different name.
- Long and monotonous process.
- Simple and easy way to clean up temporary files.
- Free up to 3 GB of disk space.
Ways to clear memory
There are the following ways to clear memory:
- Built-in cache clearing.
- Programs for automatic deletion of temporary and user data.
- Manual cleaning.
- Optimizing interior space.
Each method is focused on the knowledge and capabilities of users. Therefore, the available methods, in our article, are arranged in increasing complexity. Let’s start with the SIMplest.
Find and delete unnecessary files
Before proceeding with the general “cleaning” of the system, it is advisable to manually go through the frequently used directories and check whether unnecessary files are lying around there. The same goes for photos taken with the built-in camera. If you have a good camera, each photo taken with it can weigh more than 10 MB, provided that there are dozens of such photos on the phone, the actively used internal memory can be quickly filled.
Photos taken with a phone camera are usually stored in the sdcard / DCIM / Camera location, but you can also access them through the standard Gallery application. Check at the same time the contents of the folders of Internet messengers, voice recorder, Bluetooth, documents and download folders.
How to clean the internal storage of an Android phone
Most smartphones and tablets running Android cannot boast of a large amount of internal memory, sufficient to store not only multimedia content downloaded from the Internet, but even installed applications. In addition, the cache of many programs, especially those designed to work on the network, can take up several times more space than the applications themselves.
Overflowing cache, remnants of deleted programs, forgotten user files. As a result of all this, there is not enough space in the memory of an Android device even to install a small application. The solution to the problem of insufficient disk space may be to transfer applications to a memory card, but what if this option is impossible for some reason? In this case, there is nothing to do but free up memory on your Android phone by removing all temporary and obsolete data from it.
Cleaning Android with third-party programs
Using third-party cleaner apps is the easiest way to free up space on your Android phone without risking deleting important data. There are more than enough SIMilar programs on the Play Store, but we would recommend using only those that have proven themselves well, for example, CCleaner, SD Maid or Clean Master. These programs are very easy to use. Ccleaner, for example, automatically scans the contents of the device’s disk, sorts the found files by type and offers to delete them, and the user can choose which data to delete and which to leave.
The CСleaner application supports cleaning the RAM, cache, browser history, the contents of the Downloads folder, deleting empty directories.
Even more flexible than CCleaner is the Clean Master tool, which allows you to selectively delete temporary data left after uninstalling games and programs, as well as clear the system cache.
Manual removal of leftover applications
Let’s dig a little deeper and see how to manually clean the internal memory on Android. As in Windows, in Android OS, when you uninstall programs, folders with temporary files may remain in the device’s memory. Removing them will free up some space. They are usually located in the sdcard and sdcard / Android / data directories. Please note only that the names of the folders remaining in the second location differ from the names of the deleted programs. However, to understand which folder belongs to which program is not so difficult. The second part of the name of such a folder will contain the name or part of the name of the application. For example, com.Vtcreator.Android360 folder belongs to P360 app, and org.Videolan.Vlc belongs to VLC media player.
You need to uninstall applications in Android correctly. First you need to clear the cache, then click the “Erase data” button and only then delete the unnecessary program. This sequence of actions will reduce the likelihood that “tails” remain on the disk.
Removing built-in applications
A completely acceptable solution to the question of how to clear the memory of an Android phone can be the removal of applications built into the firmware. Some of them can be removed using the system, others will require root rights and special uninstaller programs.
Clearing cache and storage
You can clear the internal storage of your Android phone by clearing the cache and app storage. This method allows you to free up from several tens of megabytes to 2-3 GB of disk space, but it also has its drawback. Clearing the cache will temporarily reduce the speed of applications, and clearing the storage will lead to the loss of saved settings. Go to the application management section, tap on the program whose data you want to clear, and in the next window, click the “Clear cache” button.
The same window should also contain a storage management button. It may be called “Erase Data” or “Site Management”.
The second function differs from the first in that it gives more options, allowing you to choose which specific application storage data should be cleaned up and which ones are left.
In the settings of the latest versions of Android, there is a section “Memory”, which reflects the general state of the internal memory. Using the tools in this section, you can get accurate information about the fullness of memory with certain types of data, as well as clear the cache of all applications at once.
Waste of physical resources is another reason why there is often not enough memory on Android. If you install everything on your device just to see what this or that program or game is, then there is nothing to be surprised at the clogged memory. Frequent installation, even with the subsequent removal of the software, will quickly lead to clogging up the device memory with temporary, configuration and other service files.
Keep track of your backups. If you use tools to back up apps and other data, make sure that their backups do not take up most of your memory. Periodically delete old copies manually, or configure the program for data backup so that it does it itself.
Transfer apps, games, and their cache to your memory card, or better yet, take advantage of the new Adoptable Storage feature (available in Android 6.0 and higher), which allows you to use a microSD memory card as an additional area of internal storage. Finally, disable ads in embedded and third-party apps as much as possible. Constantly downloading from the Internet, it also clogs memory. If you stick to these SIMple guidelines, you will save both memory space and time that would have to be spent on optimizing it.
How to clear cache on Huawei and Honor smartphones: manually, without deleting photos
Before dealing with the question. How to clear the cache on Android Honor and Huawei, it is worth understanding the definition of “cache”. The program loads all data into “temporary memory” during operation. This is necessary to speed up work processes. Applications can be resource intensive. When the program starts to crash, it may close in an incorrect way. But, after closing it, the space in the cache will not be freed, and the free memory will become less.
Today’s smartphones are equipped with a lot of memory. But there are still situations when the user receives a warning about the lack of space. The smartphone starts to work much slower over time. And the launch of some applications may be delayed. Consider how to clear cache on Huawei and Honor phones.
Removal via settings
- Open “Settings”.
- Further “Memory”.
- Get detailed statistics of the occupied space.
- Click on the “Clear” button.
- A window will open again showing the exact amount of memory. The system will scan files for deletion.
- Click on the button “Delete all unnecessary files”.
How to clear cache on Android Honor and Huawei without deleting photos
Better to use system utilities. This way, you can avoid various damages in the OS and safely clean your phone from debris. But, in some situations, you need to use third-party software. Below we will consider the existing methods.
The second way is to use the CCleaner app. A phased action plan is provided:
- Run the installed utility to clean up unnecessary files. We provide permissions to access the device location.
- After starting, immediately press the button “Analyze”.
- Next, a list of accumulated trash will appear.
- Go to the section “Removal is safe”.
- Open the “Visible Cache” list.
- Click “Finish cleaning”.
What is cache?
Any phone has a folder with temporary files. This can be a variety of settings information, reports and other data about applications.
Why? Because copies of all images of the site will appear in the temporary folder, so that loading at the next login is carried out at an accelerated pace. It also saves traffic. But, if the user decided to delete the application from the phone, then the previously saved files in the cache folder will definitely remain in the memory. Where it leads? The more the user downloads applications and then uninstalls, the more space will be occupied by temporary files. How to solve this problem? It is enough to clear the cache.
There are three cache options on Honor:
- Client applications. Requires regular cleaning.
- Dalvik is a system one that is created automatically after deletion. Therefore, it makes no sense to constantly clear such a cache.
- The cache accumulated from the system software. It is built into the internal memory of the device in the “cache” folders. When uninstalling, critical errors occur in the operating system.
Considering these points, we come to a logical conclusion: only files from ordinary user applications can be deleted. It is located on the internal and external memory of the device.
If you cannot use the presented methods, or they did not bring the desired result, then resort to using the Recovery menu:
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold the volume up or down button with the power key.
- The system menu will start.
- Using the volume buttons, select the “Wipe cache partition”.
- Confirm the action and wait for the system to reboot.
Removing the cache of a specific program
If you have any questions or complaints. Please let us know
Cleaning your phone from unnecessary files
If your Android phone’s memory is full, we recommend removing apps, downloads, and system junk first. The download folder and installed applications occupy the largest amount of space on a smartphone. An effective way to free up enough memory is to remove all unnecessary.
How to clear internal phone storage:
- Analyze all applications on the smartphone desktop. Most likely, you will be able to find several unnecessary or little useful applications that have not been used for a long time. It is better to remove them in order to free up memory;
- Another common reason why the phone memory is full is that it contains a lot of videos and photos. We can filter out bad photos and useless videos. This may already solve the problem. If all the media data is needed or deleting them did not help free up enough memory, all that remains is to transfer the files. We recommend moving the data to a USB flash drive or transferring it to a computer;
- Clear downloaded files from instant messengers. By default, they download the sent photos to the phone. Because of this, various postcards, congratulations, photos of strangers, etc., accumulate in the smartphone’s storage. The easiest way to clear this section is to use your computer. Through the explorer, we can open the folder of the same name from the messenger and remove its contents;
- Check the folder where the browser downloads all files. A lot of data accumulates here, cleaning it will help free up a lot of space.
These are the most effective ways to free up space on your phone, but they don’t help everyone. Did you still have an out of memory problem? Read on.
Clearing the cache
Another way to painlessly free up space on your phone is to delete the cache. Caches are temporary files designed to speed up data processing. Actively used data is placed here. Instead of reprocessing the data when loading the application, it is SIMply taken from the cache.
As in the past, in small amounts the cache is useful, and in large amounts it can slow down the smartphone. Such a procedure is ready to give from 500 MB to 2-4 GB of free space and even more.
How to clear phone storage by deleting the cache:
- Open the “Settings” application.
- We are looking for the section “System and Device” and click on the item “Storage”.
- After calculating the data occupied by the cache, click on the item “Cache data”.
- In the “Clear cache” window, select “Ok”.
How to remove cache from Google Play:
- In the “Settings” menu, look for the “Applications” section.
- Select “All Applications”.
- Find the line “Google Play Store” and click on it.
- Below, click on the “Clear” button and select “Clear cache”.
Helpful! Often they use special applications to delete the cache, they do not require root access and do everything in a couple of clicks. For this we can use CCleaner or Clean Master.
Android phone is empty but memory is full: 5 tips to fix the problem
How to clear Android phone memory? Is a question that interests many smartphone users. Lack of memory is one of the most common problems, as it can appear even on smartphones with large amounts of storage. Usually, the problem is reported by the system message “Memory full”. At the same time, the device really may not have free space, and sometimes there is enough of it. This problem leads to a ban on downloading, updating, creating photos and videos. The phone turns into a device of little use, devoid of most of the functions.
The way out of the situation is to free up space or change the settings. We will show 5 effective ways to eliminate the lack of free space on your smartphone.
Removing information from.Thumbnails folder on Android
Probably few know, but when browsing the gallery, the Android system creates thumbnails. These are small snaps of pictures. Their main purpose is to increase the speed of the next file download. It is easy to guess that these sketches take up space and have minimal practical use.
What to do if the phone memory is full:
- We connect the smartphone to the PC and turn on the “File Transfer” mode.
- Open the “DCIM” section in the phone section.
- Go to the “.Thumbnails” directory.
- Press Ctrl A and delete all content.
Over time, this section accumulates data for 1-2 GB. Only deleting them will help the phone, it may even stop slowing down.
Important! We recommend that you perform this action at regular intervals. Depending on the activity of using a smartphone, this is 1-3 weeks. If we forget to clean up, the same number of files will accumulate in the section again.
Changing settings on an Android smartphone
Now let’s find out about a method that is ready to give more free memory than any other method. This is a radical way to free up memory on your phone, the essence of which is to reset the settings to the factory state. The local storage will be formatted. At the exit we get a completely clean smartphone.
Important! We recommend this method only if other methods did not help.
How to clear phone memory:
- We enter the “Settings” menu and find the item “System and device”.
- Open “Advanced settings” and at the end of the page click on “Restore and reset”.
- At the bottom of the list, select “Reset settings”.
- Click on “All files on the phone” and confirm the action.
Finally, we left another good method that requires a small investment.
Replacing the memory card
We can just get a larger microSD card. Modern smartphones usually support 128GB drives. With such a storage volume, there should be no lack of space.
Important! Many smartphones have a combo slot. This means that we can install either a 2nd SIM or a microSD card in the second slot. Have to prioritize correctly.
Brief summary: Memory shortages can be easily remedied by deleting temporary and useless files. If you want to save all the data, we can SIMply install a more capacious USB flash drive. If a lot of data from your phone is outdated, it makes sense to transfer everything you need to your computer and format your smartphone. Factory reset frees up the most space.