How to Change a Cartridge In a Samsung Printer
When using an inkjet or laser printer, it may be necessary to clean the cartridge. At home, devices are often used irregularly, but despite this, they need proper care. Timely cleaning helps to obtain high quality prints, allows you to extend the operating time of the equipment. Do-it-yourself cleaning can be done hot and cold. In order to carry it out in time, you should know the first signs of cartridge problems.
Signs of a need for cleaning
The need for inspection of inkjet printer cartridges has emerged number of printing defects, the main of which are as follows:
- on test prints, patterns contain uneven or fuzzy lines;
- during the operation of the device, ink blots appear on the sheets;
- one or several colors are missing when printing a test pattern;
- horizontal photographs form on the paper while taking photographs and other color images.
Poor print quality
The considered defects are characteristic for different models of devices, for example, Epson, HP, Samsung, Canon. When the reboot does not help get rid of the unpleasant phenomenon, then you will need to clean the cartridges of the device. There are several reasons why you need to do this regularly:
- during downtime, it may happen that the paint in the nozzles is dry, and it will need to be removed to remove clogs;
- dust from the air settles inside the printer, especially on the ink-covered parts. the print head, cartridges.
For laser devices, cleaning is carried out when replacing the toner. At the same time, old paint and other contaminants are removed from the cartridge. Work is carried out using napkins, a cloth or a lint-free brush. An important point is that the electrical contacts remain clean. The work is carried out according to certain algorithms and does not require special skills.
Many “inkjets” are equipped with built-in automatic cleaning programs. To conduct it, proceed as follows:
- open the control panel;
- go to the settings of the printing equipment;
- there they select the required section. “Tools and cleaning the cartridge”;
- make a trial printout of a blank sheet.
The operation can be repeated repeatedly. Built-in tools get rid of minor contaminants.
If the function is not available, then you can download the program from a disk or the Internet and install it. Then, in the print settings, select the “Serving printers” section, then you will need to open the print settings and start cleaning. In this case, you must follow the instructions of the program. Most often, the procedure is required to be performed repeatedly.
When the program method did not help, then there are several other ways to get rid of the problem. For different models of inkjet technology, the algorithms are the same, only the way to access the cartridges is different. To do this, you may need a set of screwdrivers with different nozzles.
The operation scheme, regardless of the selected cleaning method, is as follows:
- cartridge removal;
- installation in the printer;
- control printout.
Work must be done carefully so as not to smear ink on surrounding objects, clothing.
Cleaning with detergent
To implement the cold method you will need to stock up on such available tools and materials:
- rubber gloves (medical);
- a syringe;
- paper napkins (cloth) or cotton;
- clean water;
- a pipette;
- a special glass cleaner that contains isopropyl alcohol or ethylene glycol.
An example of a suitable detergent is Mr. Muscle, Mr. Glitter.
The whole process takes place in the following sequence:
- remove the cartridge from the printer;
- place it with nozzles up (on a specially lined fabric);
- they apply a cleaning liquid in a few drops with a pipette;
- expect about 10 minutes;
- then nozzles get wet with a napkin, wipe them dry with a cotton cloth.
A screwdriver may be required for removal. it depends on the model of the device used.
The manipulations discussed above are not always enough. If the nozzles remain clogged, then the operation continues:
- take a small capacity;
- fill it with cleaning fluid, pouring approximately a layer of 3 mm;
- immersed in the composition of the nozzle;
- maintain them in liquid for 3 hours;
- get out and wipe dry.
After wiping the nozzles of the cartridge located in the working position with a cloth, it should remain ink trail, which is a characteristic result of complete cleaning. As a container for the detergent composition, a regular plastic lid from under the can is suitable.
Special fluids for removing dried ink are available. They are even divided by type of cartridge, but the scheme of working with them is the same.
Manual ink punching
In order to get ink from the cartridge onto the paper, a set of certain mechanisms is used inside. The design is such that it is possible to manually push a certain amount of ink, which will allow cleaning the nozzles. There are 2 ways in total.
Method 1 (difficult)
For this method, you will need a regular syringe.
- A small hole must be found on the back of the cartridge. It acts as an air intake. You must enter a needle on an empty syringe. You need to insert so much that it rests. The part of the needle remaining on the outside must be measured.
- Cut off the quantity that did not fit from the end of the needle. Next, you need to take a small piece of rubber material and put it on the base of the needle. It will serve as a gasket and will not allow unnecessarily physically affecting the plastic, which can lead to breakage.
- Place the print cartridge down on the paper with the nozzles down. It absorbs paint that should leak during cleaning. We reinsert the syringe, but with air, and slowly squeeze it until drops appear on the nozzles.
Now it remains to remove the ink that has been released, and you can start printing.
Method 2 (simple)
To clean the cartridge using this method, you will need a rubber pad, which can be supplied with it (not all models have it). If it is provided by the manufacturer, the sequence of actions is as follows.
- There is a hole in the pad. You need to insert a syringe without a needle into it.
- Now it with the installed syringe is placed on the cartridge.
- While holding the paint hopper on the table, and pressing the pad (it creates a kind of vacuum), it is necessary to pull the syringe plunger towards you, stretching out the ink through the hole.
This completes the cleaning process. It remains only to make sure that the ink does not leak. If there is any residue on the nozzles, then they are simply removed.
Any technique requires proper care and maintenance. This helps to avoid many problems. In order for the printer to serve for a long time and without failures, it is enough to follow the following recommendations.
- The room in which the printing equipment is installed should be kept clean. Wet weekly cleaning is necessary as dust is the worst enemy of a printer or MFP.
- Once a month with a vacuum cleaner, you should carefully clean the printer. This will collect dust particles and ink (from laser printers). Wet places from paint should be removed with a rag.
- Each printer has a software method for cleaning the printer head. How to start it can be found in the instructions for the device. Such cleaning should be regular.
- If the printer is color, and most often only black text is printed, then it costs once a week conduct test color printing. Otherwise, the paint may dry out and clog the nozzles.
- When refueling laser printers, experts recommend cleaning the waste ink hopper regardless of how full it is.
When carrying out cleaning the cartridge to do any complex manipulations is not required, but the procedure itself is quite time-consuming. The easiest option during independent work is the use of special built-in programs. If none of the considered methods leads to the desired result, then it is necessary to remove contaminants from the equipment nodes involved in the press. When this does not help, then you should contact the specialists of the service center. They will accurately establish the cause of the malfunction, advise on options for resolving it.