How to remove the Windows 8 login password.1
How do I remove my Windows logon password?? Windows 8 gives us the option to sign in using our Microsoft account. After updating your operating system, you may have problems with the need to enter your Windows 8 password.1, because they will not be able to log in without a password.
Owners of copies of the Windows 8 operating system can upgrade their operating system to Windows 8 for free.1 by downloading it from the Windows Store. There are a number of changes to this version of the Windows operating system.
In particular the “Start” button has been added. Also now it is possible to enter the Desktop at once, avoiding the “Start screen”, the synchronization is improved, and so on. д.
Why did this question arise? In the process of upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 a situation arises where you will need to enter your Microsoft account password if your computer is connected to the Internet during the installation of the operating system.
During a new installation of Windows 8.1 you are also prompted to enter your Microsoft account information if your Internet connection is working during the installation process.
If there is no connection to the Internet, you will be prompted to create a local account. The password for the local account must also be entered each time before the operating system is started.
How to “bypass” BIOS password?
BIOS password is one of the oldest ways to protect your computer from unauthorized access and one of the most common. Why? This is one of the most effective tools if the user has no access to the system unit. Otherwise it is like locking the house with many locks and leaving a window open.
The default BIOS settings on all motherboards do not store password information. So all you have to do to remove the BIOS password is just reset the current settings, restoring the default configuration. But remember, resetting the current BIOS settings will destroy not only your password, but also all those settings that you set yourself.
There are two ways to reset your BIOS. Most motherboards have a special jumper to clear CMOS (memory where BIOS settings are stored). This jumper is usually located near the battery on the motherboard, but it is advisable to consult the motherboard manual to be sure. Some motherboards simply have two pins instead of a jumper that need to be closed with a metal object, like a screwdriver, to reset the CMOS.
If your motherboard has a jumper, then to clear the CMOS, turn off your computer, jumper the jumper pins together and press the power button. Your computer will not boot up, but the CMOS settings will be reset. Remove the jumper and turn the computer on again. Most likely you will be asked to press F1 in order to install BIOS settings. If you are satisfied with the defaults press F1, and then select ‘Save and exit’ in the BIOS menu. After that the computer will boot up as usual except for BIOS password.
If you don’t know where on your motherboard the jumper is located, or if there is no jumper at all, which is quite possible, you have to go the other way. Each motherboard has a battery that acts as a power source for the CMOS memory, allowing it to retain information. This is usually a standard CR2032 battery.
To clear the CMOS, turn off the computer and remove the battery (you might need a thin screwdriver). After 5-10 minutes put the battery back and turn the computer on. The BIOS will be set to default and will not have a password. To continue booting you will need to press the F1 key, and if you are satisfied with the default settings, select ‘Save and exit’ in the BIOS menu that appears.
As you’ve seen, it’s all very easy on a desktop computer, but with a laptop the BIOS password can be a serious problem. Because of the frequent thefts of laptops, manufacturers have made it almost impossible to gain access without a password. So if you have forgotten your laptop BIOS password, you will most likely need to contact the manufacturer’s service center.
Uninstall password via command line
If you would like not only to deactivate the password but also to delete it completely (wipe all traces from the system registry), there is a proven method for this purpose:
- Type “cmd” in the “Start” menu, then right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”. Be sure to run “Command Prompt” as an administrator
- Type net user in the working window of the command line and press Enter.
- Then write, respecting the spaces: net user_user_name “””” (where “user_name” is the name of the user profile). After the account name, be sure to put the quotation mark icon like “”
- Done. All traces of the password are removed. You can close the “Command Prompt”.
For Windows 10 users who want to disable PC security that requires you to constantly enter a password to log in, Microsoft has provided a wide range of tools to deactivate it. Everyone can either use the operating system’s internal capabilities, or resort to the official utility.
Disable Windows 11 password in Autologon
Microsoft has an AutoLogon program that allows you to set up automatic logon in Windows 11. This is a tool from Mark Russinovich’s Windows Sysinternals suite of utilities. Application does not require installation and runs from folder.
The Autologon program uses encrypted account password data from the registry, allowing automatic login without user name and password or PIN.
- Download the application at: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/AutoLogon.zip.
- Unzip zip archive on your computer.
- Open the “Autologon” folder.
- Double-click on the “Autologon64” file.
- In the application window, the username (Username) and the device name (Domain) will be automatically displayed.
- Enter the current password in the “Password:” field, and then click on the “Enable” button.
- A message will be displayed telling you that you do not need to enter your password.
- Close the program window, reboot the computer to remove the password request at Windows logon
How to remove Windows 7 password via user accounts
This method will help you remove the password on your personal computer using the “Run” function. To do this, you need to perform the following steps:
- Click on “Start” and use the “Run” button.
- Enter the command “control userpassword2” without the quotes and click “OK.
- In the “Users” tab, double-click on the user, delete all values in the items “Password” and “Confirm password”.
- You also need to uncheck the “Require username and password input” checkbox.
Disable password prompt
Below is a universal way to do this. It works not only in Windows 10, but also in Windows 7/8/11.
- Press WinR key combination (“plus” not necessary, only Win and R) ;
- A small “Run” window should appear in the corner of the screen ;
- Enter the command control userpasswords2 or netplwiz ;
- Press OK or Enter;
Windows 10 will no longer require a password at boot
How to disable Windows 10 login password
To disable Windows 10 login password, you need to change user account settings.
Press the “Windows” “R” keys on your keyboard, enter “netplwiz” (you can enter “control userpasswords2”) in the “Run” window that opens, and then click the “OK” button.
You can run this command in another way: enter the expression “netplwiz” into the “Search in Windows” line, and then click on “Run command”.
After that, the “User accounts” window will open in the “Users” tab. Here you will see a list of users on this computer. Highlight the desired user, if there is more than one.
Next, uncheck the “Require user name and password” box, and then click the “OK” button.
In the “Auto Logon” window, enter the password for your Microsoft account, confirm the password, and then click on “OK”.
After applying these settings, the prompt to enter a password during Windows 10 bootup will be removed.
Now it remains to disable password entry when Windows 10 comes out of sleep mode (changing the power settings).
How to remove the password from a Windows 8 computer
On the eighth version of Microsoft’s operating system, deactivating account protection is done differently. Use the standard solutions provided by the developers.
Disabling the password in system settings
The standard way to disable the Windows 8 login password is in a similar way to the previous version of the operating system:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Find the section with the accounts in the system settings.
- Open your account.
- Find “Change avatar”.
- Click on the button to disable.
- Specify the account name, and leave the password fields blank.
Now you will be logged in to Windows 8 without entering the secret combination. In this version of the operating system, the security methods have been extended. Under accounts, find the section where you set the password. There you will not only delete the secret combination, but also the PIN or the pattern key.
Account settings in Windows 8: YouTube/Computer on your fingers
Resetting a password through the “Run” window
Consider another way to remove the password from your laptop or PC:
- Run the system utility “Run” with the Win R key combination.
- Type the command “netplwiz” in the single field, then confirm with the Enter key.
- Log in to the accounts section.
- Uncheck the box that requires entering a name. Confirm the action.
- The system will ask you to enter a password to confirm the operation. Specify the secret combination and duplicate it.
- Reboot your computer.
How to remove the password from the computer if I forgot it? Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
When setting a password for a Windows account, you are always required to enter a hint in addition in case you suddenly forget your password. If this happens, the first thing to do is to click on the corresponding icon when logging on to the system.
Image 9. How to reset/disable/remove password on computer at startup/login to Windows/Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
In case the tip didn’t help you in any way, you need to do the following manipulations with your computer:
- The first thing you need to do is start Windows in safe mode. To do this, restart your computer and, almost as soon as you start booting, press the “F8” key.
- A list of boot modes of your operating system will appear on the screen. Using the keyboard arrows stand on the line “Safe Mode” and press “Enter” to enter.
Picture 10. How to reset/disable/remove password on your computer when starting/logging in Windows/Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
- Once the operating system has booted, you will see a window with the credentials. Among them, you should see a standard “Administrator” account, which you should log in to.
- A window will appear notifying you that the operating system is operating in Safe Mode. Press OK and wait for the operating system to boot up completely.
Picture 11. How to reset/disable/remove password on computer at startup/login in Windows/Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
- Next, as in standard mode, expand “Control Panel” through the “Start” menu, go to “User accounts” and select the user whose password you want to reset.
Image 12. How to reset/disable/remove password on computer at startup/login to Windows/Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
- In the account settings window, go to “Change your password” and click “Change password”, leaving all the fields blank.
Picture 13. How to reset/disable/remove password on computer at startup/login to Windows/Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
- Close all windows correctly, restart your computer and log in as usual. Now, when you select your account, you will be able to log in to it without a password request.
IMPORTANT: When you start the safe mode, the monitor resolution and the color scheme of the operating system automatically change. If you want to be sure that these changes are not the result of a system crash, look for the word “Safe Mode” in the corners of the screen.