Talk about features you might not know about.
The iOS mobile operating system offers the average user a complete set of tools for comfortable interaction with all the capabilities of a smartphone. An interested user is often interested in the hidden functionality of the entire ecosystem to gain access to non-obvious features. If it seems to you that iOS 8 (9) is studied far and wide. you are mistaken.
Display signal level in numbers (instead of dots)
By default, any modern smartphone displays information about the network signal level in the form of a visual indicator: stripes or dots. To enable the non-monitoring function of the cellular network in digital equivalent, the iPhone has a secret code.
1. Open the dialer (dial menu) and dial the following combination:
3001 # 12345 #
2. Press the call key. A menu will open Field test.
3. ATTENTION!This menu is not recommended to change anything.
The network signal strength is now displayed in numerical terms. A single tap will switch the digital mode to point mode.
4. Hold down the power key until the slider appears.
5. Hold down the key Home and hold for 10 seconds until returning to Springboard.
The function is activated. A single tap on the network signal level will switch the mode to digital / graphic.
Decrease the brightness “below the possible”
A bright display with a good level of color reproduction is one of the main advantages of smartphones from Apple. Nevertheless, there are a number of users for whom even a minimum brightness value in complete darkness causes a feeling of discomfort. Using the following setting, you can lower the brightness level to an absolute minimum.
1. Open Settings. Basic. Universal Access. Zoom.
2. Turn on the function Controller display.
3. Return to the previous menu and scroll to the item Keyboard shortcuts. Include a single item Increase (check the box opposite).
4. Press the Home key three times in a row. Tap on the joystick controller that appears. Remove the zoom slider to a minimum. Open item Select filter.
5. Install the filter Faint light. Click Hide controller.
Settings completed. The screen has become much darker, and the usual brightness scale allows you to lower the level to a minimum mark. To turn off the dim light, just press the Home key three times.
Reboot without Power and Home keys
As practice shows, regular use of the Power and Home keys can cause them to break. What if you need to reboot the device, but one of the keys does not respond to keystrokes?
1. Open the menu Settings. General. Universal Access.
2. Turn on the item Thumbnail.
3. A pop-up alert will warn you if you need to restart your smartphone to use bold. Agree. iPhone will restart.
Flashlight off quickly
They say that highlighting with an iPhone in a dark alley is a bad omen. That is why the function of quickly disabling the built-in flashlight may come in handy.
To turn on the flashlight directly from the lock screen, just swipe up and tap on the corresponding icon. When used in the dark, as a rule, we lock the screen of the device, leaving the flashlight on (the bright screen of the smartphone dazzles). To quickly turn off the flashlight is enough:
1. Press the key Home or Power.
2. From the lock screen, hold down the Camera icon and pull up to a level slightly above half the screen, and then let go.
The flashlight will be turned off.
Delete folder names
Each application has its own unique icon, not only for an aesthetic purpose, but also so that the user can quickly open a specific program using visual and associative memory. However, every iOS app has a signature name. For a group of applications enclosed in a folder, the need for such a signature does not always arise. You can disable folder names as follows:
1. Download any application from the App Store from the category Food Drink.
2. Drag the appeared icon onto the application that you want to add to the folder, thus organizing a new directory.
3. Note that no name will be assigned to the newly created folder.
4. Press the key Home.
5. Add the required applications to the created “nameless folder”, and you can delete the installed “food” one.
The created folder will not contain a name.
Disable tabs in Apple Music
The emergence of the Apple Music service has significantly expanded the horizons of preferences for music lovers. Millions of songs have become available without the need for downloads. Among the shortcomings of the service should include radical changes in the application Music. A number of additional tabs complicates the interaction with the familiar program. You can disable “unnecessary” (provided that the service does not interest you) using a few simple steps:
1. Open Settings. Music.
2. Turn off the Show Apple Music slider.
3. Open Settings. General. Limitations. Enter the set password.
4. Disable the item Connect to Apple Music.
So the Music app looked before the above points were completed:
And so it looks after:
The application has gained a familiar look. To enable Apple Music, just follow all the steps in reverse order.