How Much Is iPad 2019 Charging
Hello! It would seem that the answer to this question is quite simple and you need to charge the iPhone exactly as much time until the charge is complete and its indicator continues to light near the battery icon. As soon as the battery indicator “turned green” and filled completely. That’s all, you can safely turn off the charger. Is it logical? Of course!
However, there is another side to the issue. For example, some users want to know the exact number of hours and minutes that the iPhone should be charging. And they have the right to it. Such data is never redundant. Also, I am often asked about how much the new, just-purchased iPhone should charge.
In general, all this confusion “about the duration of charging” I can only explain by the fact that some magic is still floating around the iPhone. Beginners are afraid to do something wrong and damage the device in any way, even when it comes to such a simple action as recharging. Looking ahead, I can say that it is almost impossible. But first things first, let’s begin!
The first thing you need to pay attention to is that the charging time even for two identical iPhones will never coincide 100%. The speed of energy filling depends on many factors and here are some of them:
- How much the battery is initially full.
- Is the original wire (power supply) used?
- What does the power come from (computer or socket).
- Power adapter. For example, Apple officially permits the use of the unit from the iPad when charging the iPhone. And of course, in this case, everything will go much faster.
- Is the smartphone in air mode, is it connected to Wi-Fi or cellular networks, etc.
And this is far from all the points! So if your friend’s phone charges in 2 hours, and in yours in 2 hours 30 minutes, this in no way indicates that you have a marriage, and you should run to change it under warranty.
However, there are some average iPhone charging times:
|Average charge time|
|Adapter included||5 Watt, 1 Ampere||Power 18 watts|
|iPhone 4, 4S, 5||1 hour 40 minutes|
|iPhone 5S, 5C||1 hour 50 minutes|
|iPhone 5SE, 6, 6S||2 hours 10 minutes|
|iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus||3 hours 30 minutes|
|iPhone 7||2 hours 20 minutes|
|iPhone 7 Plus||3 hours 40 minutes|
|iPhone 8||2 hours 10 minutes|
|iPhone 8 Plus||3 hours 30 minutes|
|iPhone X||3 hours 30 minutes|
|iPhone XS||3 hours 20 minutes|
|iPhone XS Max||3 hours 50 minutes|
|iPhone XR||3 hours 40 minutes|
|iPhone 11||3 hours 50 minutes|
|iPhone 11 Pro||1 hour 45 minutes|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||2 hours|
A few important notes regarding this table:
- It means how long it takes to charge from 0 to 100%.
- Some models were combined in one line due to the fact that their battery capacity differs very slightly, and it makes no sense to calibrate the time with an accuracy of minutes.
- The data is indicated when using a standard (which is included) power supply.
- All figures are approximate, just for reference. You can have more or less.
Useful trick! Useful for those who want to charge faster. Use airplane mode. In places with an uncertain cellular signal, such an operation will help speed up the process by 20-30%.
It is important to remember such things as well:
- Up to 80% of the iPhone has a so-called fast charge, the next 20% is typed much slower.
- How long does it take to charge new and newly purchased iPhones? As much as already used. Without any frills and perversions (like fully charged three times, then discharged to the end, etc.). Modern batteries do not need such calibrations.
- When you reach full charge, you do not have to run and hurry to turn it off. Nothing terrible will happen. In the iPhone itself, the power supply and even the wire, special controllers are built-in that will not allow the smartphone to “oversaturated” with energy and thus deteriorate.
- IPhone can be recharged many times. Not even that. So many times! Why? Read personal experience about how, after 2.5 years of use, I checked the battery status of my iPhone and what happened to it.
Conclusion: charge the iPhone as much as it needs (and most importantly for you!). Do not pursue accurate indicators and do not complicate your life.
Finally, I highly recommend reading this article. It describes several simple (but most useful!) Actions that are great to extend your life and preserve the battery capacity of your smartphone. I think you should definitely try it!