What is an Apple ID on your iPhone and what is it for
Users who first start using their iPhone or iPad are bound to encounter such a term as Apple ID. Apps regularly request to enter some kind of Apple ID and in case of refusal practically stop working. This situation is annoying and confusing for inexperienced users who don’t understand what an Apple ID is, what it’s for and how to get one.
An Apple ID is a single account used by Apple to identify users of its products. You only need to create this account once and then use it to sign in to all Apple products. Specifically, an Apple ID is used to sign in to services such as the App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud cloud storage, and iMessage/iChat/FaceTime applications.
If you have accounts at sites like Google or Yandex, you are probably familiar with this system. For example, if you sign up for email at Google, you get an account that you can use to sign in to all of Google’s products. No need to set up a separate Google email account, a separate YouTube account, and so on. It’s the same with Apple ID, you sign up once and then use the same account.
How to create an Apple ID?
You can create an Apple ID when you set up your new device by clicking “Forgot your password” or “No Apple ID” and then following the setup instructions, but you can also do this in the App Store on any device. iOS device or Mac.
Creating an Apple ID is also possible on Windows PCs and online, so you can basically create an Apple ID on any of your devices. We have specific guides on how to create an Apple ID on each device below.
- How to create an Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad
- How to create an Apple ID on a Mac
- How to create an Apple ID online
- How to create an Apple ID on a Windows PC
Setting up selective syncing
When a second smartphone will be used by a parent, wife or child, you can also use one Apple ID for two, but set up only selective content sync on the second iPhone.
When setting up your new iPhone, authenticate to the Apple ID you are using or re-login to iOS settings.
In this way, content and purchases from one account will be available on two smartphones.
Disable content synchronization between smartphones.
To do this, go to Settings. iTunes Store and App Store and disable all the switches. In addition, disable photo synchronization via Settings. Photos. Photos in iCloud on at least one smartphone.
Use Settings-Passwords & Accounts to set up separate accounts for Mail, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, and Contact Sync.
So you can keep one person’s contacts or notes in iCloud and another person’s in Gmail.
Under Settings Messaging and FaceTime, you can separate your use of Apple messenger.
You can choose a different phone number or email account on each iPhone as your identifier.
Turn off iCloud data sync (Settings. Apple ID Account. iCloud) for those apps you’ll use independently.
You can prevent certain apps from being used or block purchases on any of your devices. To do this, set the appropriate restrictions under Settings. Screen Time. Content and Privacy.
That way you get a pair of smartphones on the same Apple ID account, but with different content.
Register an Apple ID without a card through your computer
The second way to create an Apple ID without a card is through your computer, specifically with iTunes.
Download and install the iTunes program. It is better to download from the official Apple website, as there, always the latest version.
After installation, open iTunes and go to the “Programs” tab, choose any free app, and click “Download.
You’ll see a window asking you for your Apple ID and password, but choose “Create a new Apple ID.
Now you have to enter your real e-mail address, come up with a password, and answer the secret questions and click “Continue”
iTunes will ask you to choose a payment method, you, of course, choose “No” and fill in the billing address. After that, click “Create Apple ID.”.
You should receive an email with a link to confirm your registration.
Once you click the link, your Apple ID registration is complete without the credit card. Use!
How to create an Apple ID in iTunes on a Mac and PC with Windows
Launch iTunes. On Windows, you may have to install it first at this link. Go to “Account” → “Sign In.”.
Enter your email (this will be your login) and country, make up a password and agree to the terms and conditions by checking the box. Click “Continue.”.
Enter your first and last name and your date of birth. If you want, subscribe to the newsletter by checking the box. Click “Continue.
Add a payment method or select “No” if you do not plan to purchase content yet.
Enter your full address and click “Continue.
Enter your phone number and select the confirmation method, then answer the phone or enter the code that will come in the message. Click “Confirm”.
Confirm the specified email in the same way: enter the code from the email.
Wait a few seconds and your Apple ID will be created.
A mechanical engineer with a good understanding of technology. I’ve been using Mac and iPhone for over 10 years, and I know everything about the ecosystem and Apple products. Not only do I write, but I also know and like to work with my hands. Worked as a car mechanic for 3 years, I only fix my own car. Designed and built a house with my own hands from the ground up, gaining a lot of experience along the way. I love old-school video games and comics, play guitar.
How to create a new Apple ID on an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later
- Go to the settings on your device.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and press Exit.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn off.
- Choose which data you want to save to your iPhone by toggling the toggle switches.
- Tap Logout in the upper right corner.
- Tap Logout in response to the “Do you want to log out of iCloud” question, thereby confirming your logout.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Open iCloud.
- Tap Exit.
- Tap “Logout” to log out of iCloud and unlink your iPhone or iPad from your Apple ID. Note that all photos from the iCloid media library and the rest of the iCloud content will be removed from that iPhone or iPad.
- Choose to delete or save iCloud calendars, Safari data, reminders, and contacts to your device.
- Enter your password to turn off “Find iPhone/iPad” and press “Turn off.
How to create an Apple ID for free on your iPhone or iPad
Step 1: Open the App Store, iTunes Store or other Apple content store
Step 2: find any free content, click on “Download” and confirm your intention with “Install”
Step 3: when the content store asks you to enter your Apple ID, select “Create a new Apple ID”
Step 4: follow the on-screen instructions, and when you get to “Payment Details,” select the “No” option
Step 5: after providing all the necessary information and confirming the creation of an Apple ID, activate the ID with an email
- The first (ID@iCloud.com). login, sync, mail, iPhone search service, iMessage, FaceTime. Т.е. based passport, the mail of this account must belong to Apple, t.е. End with @iCloud.com, @mac.com or @me.com, that’s what’s tied to the cloud service and the local account on my macs.
- Second Developer ID (email@example.com)-why is it needed, I think I do not need to explain.
- Third (rus_shop@) for purchases in the Russian Mac App Store and iTunes Store in this case, the mailing address can be anything (yours of course)
- Fourth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for purchases in the U.S. Mac App Store and iTunes Store (sometimes, the damned capitalists put all sorts of free stuff just for their own) in this case, the mail address, of course, should not coincide with others, but it can also be out of the domain Apple.
I install software on Macs using rus_shop@ or email@example.com. Little inconvenience when updating, the Mac App Store defaults to Russia and Apple ID, respectively rus_shop@, But sometimes you need to update the software from the U.S. App Store, and then you have to log out of the store and enter under your Apple ID us_shop@.Free applications on mobile devices are installed under the Apple ID of the owner firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (wife, son), paid sub rus_shop@. Here you also have to sign in to sign out, and when you update, just enter your password from rus_shop@.
And for clarity, a picture (clickable):
If you don’t understand. ask.Have a nice work, and keep writing. if anything. And don’t forget to add yourself as a friend of the blog!
The point is
The idea is that you can use multiple Apple IDs on each device, and at the same time, you don’t have to sign in with the same ID for each app and service. You need to determine how Apple products and services will be used on different devices.
Start with a single account to use iTunes and monitor the location of your devices. As a bonus, you will be able to use contacts, reminders and calendar with a shared iCloud account.