Honor 10 Face Unlock
Face Unlock on Huawei and Honor smartphones is one way to protect personal data. In this article we will tell you how to enable face unlock (another name. Face ID) and which smartphones support it.
Features of Face Unlock on Huawei and Honor smartphones
This technology is not new, but it works best on Apple’s smartphones. There, not only the camera, but also infrared sensors are responsible for unlocking the face. In the case of Huawei, everything is not so rosy. only your selfie camera scans your face here.
As a result, recognition accuracy is not the highest. Inadequate lighting, wearing a hat, or glasses may interfere with Face ID on your Huawei or Honor. The only exceptions are the flagship models. Recently, this method of unlocking has become very popular and the technology itself is constantly being improved. Disadvantages and “glitches” of this function work are smoothed out over time using the new software.
The process of determining the face itself is similar to how the human eye perceives various objects. It takes place in three stages:
The camera saves facial features, determines the main nodal points, the section of the eyes and forms a digital model. When you try to unlock your smartphone, the digital model is mapped to your face.
Which Huawei and Honor smartphones support face unlock
Initially, in the Huawei lineup, this feature appeared on the Mate 10 Lite and P Smart. over, it could not be available to users, but all the necessary software was developed and first installed specifically on these models. At the moment, almost all the new products from the upper and middle price segment support Face Unlock.
In the Honor series, the function is available on models older than 7C Pro: 8c, 8x, 8, 9, 10, 20, view. On the older 7a, 6, lite and play, it no longer works. When buying a smartphone, it is better to ask the seller in advance about the availability of Face Unlock.
How to enable Face Unlock
Consider the inclusion of the function on the example of a smartphone Huawei Mate 20 Lite with firmware EMUI 9.1.0. On previous versions of EMUI, menu items may vary, but there should be no significant differences.
The procedure is as follows:
- Go to the “Settings” smartphone
- Scroll down the screen a bit and find the item “Security and Privacy” Security and privacy” width =”350″ height =”758″ srcset =”C: \ Users \ OLEG \ Desktop \ 3 \ text-liv \ images \ faceunlockrazblokirovkapolitsunasmartfon_6C0C176B.jpg 350w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/razblokirovka-litsom-na-huawei-i- honor-scr2-139×300.jpg 139w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/razblokirovka-litsom-na-huawei-i-honor-scr2-185×400.jpg 185w” sizes =”(max-width: 350px) 100vw, 350px” /
- Here is the item “Face Recognition” that interests us. click on it
- Further, if you did not specify a password, a graphic key, or a fingerprint, the system will require this. Set the unlock password (PIN)
- Next, click “Register face data” and follow the prompts of the system.
There are some features in Face Unlock that you will be notified about during the setup process. We single out the most important thing:
- Theoretically, a smartphone can be unlocked using your photo.
- Face recognition is not the most reliable way to protect personal data. It’s best to set up your fingerprint with a strong password.
- The function may not work in low light.
Therefore, try to do the initial setup in daylight. The face should be in a natural state. no need to frown, otherwise the smartphone will remember you in that state. Take off your headgear or glasses and look precisely at the front camera. If you did not like the work of Face Unlock, it is disabled in the same section “Security and Privacy”.
This technology has some very nice additions. For example, notifications that pop up on the lock screen. They will be displayed only if the system recognized the owner of the smartphone.