Hard reset iPhone 7
(using a computer and formatting an iPhone 7):
It is important to know! Hard reboot according to the instructions from the Option will completely restore the factory settings of your iPhone 7, and also clear personal data and media files on the smartphone.
If you have a computer at hand, on which you save iPhone backups on a daily basis, then it will not be difficult for you to completely restore the functionality of the smartphone system. This method does not require certain skills and knowledge from the owner of the gadget.
Quite often, before the sale, users perform a hard reset of the smartphone in order to delete personal data that might remain after transferring it to storage media. Let’s get started:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to a PC or laptop with an original USB cable from Apple.
- Select your gadget when it appears in iTunes
- Go to the “Overview” tab and click on “restore iPhone”.
- Wait for device reboot.
Hard reset iPhone 7. Instructions
Most recently, we looked at one of the popular questions: “Is the protective glass from iPhone 6 suitable for iPhone 7?” Today we will deal with the solution of important problems that users encounter most often.
As a rule, the presence of glitches and slow down in the work of iOS leads to the freezing of the smartphone as a whole. But, an important factor is the presence of viruses or malware that impede the stable operation of the gadget system. There are several options to get rid of these problems.
(hard restart iPhone 7 without a computer)
The presence of a touch-sensitive Home button completely distinguishes the iPhone 7 reboot from its predecessors. Which devices need to be rebooted:
- If there are short-term freezes of applications
- If you are experiencing problems with the operator’s networks or Wi-Fi access
- Freezing of the smartphone and lack of response to user actions
It is important to know! A hard restart of the smartphone will not delete personal data and media files of the gadget. This method will allow you to get the device out of freezing in order to reboot it further.
Pick up the device and find the Volume Down and Power buttons. First of all, press the “Power” button, then the “Volume Down” button. Hold until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears.
HOW TO Hard RESET IPHONE 7 and 7 Plus
We also remind you that there is a protective glass for iPhone 7 on sale, which completely covers the smartphone screen. 3D edge reliably protects your gadget from mechanical damage. Benks company. has developed an innovative set, with which you will carry out the gluing of glass without much effort.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 11?
If the gadget is not responding or you just want to quickly restart your smartphone: press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then hold down the side button and do not release until the iPhone restarts.
How to hard reset iphone 7?
How to restart iPhone via iTunes?
Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. Turn off your smartphone completely. On iPhone 7, 8, X and later, press and hold the Side button for 3 seconds. Without releasing it, press the volume down key and hold both buttons for another 10 seconds.
What is a hard reboot?
Hard Reset (hard reset, hard reboot). Reboot the device, in which the system is restored to the factory settings and all user information is deleted, including installed programs, contacts and SMS.
How to Restart iPhone SE 2020?
- Press and hold the volume up or down and the side button until the Power off slider appears.
- Move the slider and then wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
How to do a hard reset on an iPhone?
To Emergency or Force Restart iPhone.
- Quickly press the volume up button.
- Press the volume down button quickly.
- Then long press the side key until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
How to restart iPhone if the button doesn’t work?
Open the Settings app and select the Accessibility tab from the General menu. Next, find the “Bold Text” radio button and change its position. After a warning is displayed that “applying changes to this setting, you will restart the device”, click “Continue”.
Factory Reset. iPhone 7 / 7 Plus (Reset to Factory Settings)
Reboot using a computer
Sometimes there are times when it is not possible to reanimate the device by pressing the buttons. How, then, do you restart your iPhone 7 if the standard method didn’t help? You can take extreme measures. This method restores the device to work in 99% of cases.
To hard restart the device, users will need a computer and iTunes software. To restore the functionality of a mobile device, you must sequentially perform the following steps:
- Launch iTunes;
- Connect the device via a USB cable to a computer or laptop;
- As soon as the iPhone is identified in the program, you need to select it;
- Click on the “Overview” tab;
- Click on the “Restore iPhone” button;
- Wait for the mobile device to reboot.
Even an inexperienced user can reboot the iPhone 7 plus in this way. The only drawback of the method is restoring factory settings, but the device is restored even after serious errors occur.
Despite the change in design and some functionality, you can restart the device by holding down the buttons, as in older versions. To reboot, you must sequentially perform the following steps:
- First, the lock button located on the right side of the device is pressed.
- Without releasing the first button, hold down the volume control, which is located on the left side. It is important to hold down the button that decreases the volume.
- The buttons should be held until the iPhone screen darkens and then the Apple logo appears.
After 2 minutes, the seven will be rebooted and users can continue working. If you did not succeed in restarting the device the first time, there is no need to be upset, just repeat the procedure again.
What is the reboot for?
Any device can freeze. The same applies to the iPhone 7 version. Of course, iPhone owners rarely encounter such a situation. In this case, the device stops responding to all user actions.
Many people do not know how to deal with this situation and how to reboot the iphone 7. In fact, there are 2 ways to normalize the operation of the product:
- Reboot by standard method.
- Hard reboot using a computer.
First, it is recommended to try to reanimate the iPhone in the standard way, and in the event that the work is not restored, go to the hard method.
First you need to try to reboot the device with a key combination. You need to restore using a computer only if the first method did not help.
How to reboot a frozen iPhone 7 / 7plus with two buttons
If your brand new iPhone 7 does not respond to buttons. it “stuck” (yes, it happens with Apple technology), then do not worry.
In most cases, you will be saved by “hard” restarting the iPhone 7 using a combination of two buttons.
The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- The first is the power button,
- The second is the volume down key,
- Pinch them at the same time and hold,
- After the Apple logo appears. let go.
Actually, why does this question arise??
What buttons restart the Iphone 7
Because in the new model of flagship smartphones (iPhone 7 and 7plus), Apple removed the hardware Home button, replacing it with a touchscreen with vibration feedback technology. Therefore, the “frozen” software does not process its pressing.
Previously (on iPhone 6s and below) the reboot combo was built with the participation of “Home”:
- It was necessary to hold down the “Home” and on / off buttons.
- Wait for the logo to appear.
Another practically trouble-free method, previously available on all models of phones and smartphones “Remove the battery and install it again”, now does not work.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus have a non-removable battery. Therefore, the above “hard” reboot method becomes very relevant in cases of freezes.
Only now you need to be careful when handling the phone, because a restart can be initiated with just one hand, accidentally grabbing both keys.
IPhone shutdown normally
For “independent” iPhones, with an actively working screen, a normal, standard shutdown procedure is always available:
- The power button is pressed and held,
- After the slider appears on the screen, the button moves from the left edge to the right,
- The phone turns off.
Software shutdown iPhone 7 (no buttons)
To programmatically turn off the “Apple” gadget, you must activate the “Assistive Touch” option.
- Settings menu. “Basic”. “Universal access”. “Physiology and motor skills”. Assistive Touch. flag “On”
- The soft key appears on the display.
- Clicking on it brings up the available menu.
- The “Device” item is selected. long press on the “Lock Screen” icon.
- The smartphone’s standard shutdown screen is displayed.
- Swipe from left to right.
Useful iPhone 7 Button Combinations
If you are interested in other useful combinations of buttons of your device.
- Short simultaneous pressing of the hardware button “Lock / Enable” and the touch “Home” will allow you to take a screenshot of the current screen of the smartphone.
- If the camera application is running, the volume buttons can be used to replace the soft shutter button. By the way, the volume buttons on the headset work in the same way (this will be especially liked by selfie lovers).
- Long press on the Home button will bring up the Siri assistant.
- In the settings menu, you can set individual actions by triple pressing the same Home button.
- The alarm went off, but you are not able to see the information on the screen while you are awake? Just press any hardware button on the iPhone and the alarm will mute for 9 minutes.
- When you receive an incoming call, there is no Reject button anywhere on the screen? No problem! Press the lock / power button and the call will be rejected.
- The sound of an incoming call is out of place right now, and you need a few more seconds to answer? Press the volume down button, and the incoming ringtone will stop, and the caller will still remain on the line.
Changing fonts in Settings
- Go to “Settings. General. Universal Access”.
- Click on “Bold Text”.
- We agree to reboot
Everything, the problem of how to restart iphone 5 without hardware buttons is solved. After downloading, go to the settings and remove the “Bold text”, the phone will reboot again and the system font will return to its original state.
With “Assistive Touch”
- Go to “Settings. General. Universal Access”
- Find and enable the “Assistive Touch” function
- Press the soft button that appears on the screen;
- Select the item “Apparatus”;
- In the menu that opens, press and hold the “Screen lock” item;
- Turn off the phone.
The benefits of rebooting your phone
The benefits are undeniable, like any computer, a modern smartphone is capable of processing huge amounts of data. The more information, the faster the device cache gets clogged, which leads to software failures, freezes and subsequent problems for the user. Here is a small list of problems that harm users and prevent the full use of the iPhone.
- Getting rid of iOs glitches
- Eliminate system braking as a whole
- Getting rid of graphic artifacts on the screen
- We kill the hung application
- Resetting the smartphone’s memory cache;
- Complete hardware restart.
- Solving many other iPhone 5 problems
Methods to restart iPhone
There are several effective ways to reboot an Apple phone, each of them is safe for the device and can be used several times a day. Is it possible to reboot an iPhone without a button? Of course! how to do this, read below and watch the video.
- Regular way, using the power button
- Hard restarting your phone if it freezes
- If the button on the case does not work
- If the sensor does not work
- Reboot software option
- With Assistive Touch
Rather, this is not even a way to reboot, but just a regular function to turn on / off the iPhone. Since the beginning of the entire line of iPhone models, 2, 3, 4, 4S, etc., the on / off button of the device was located on the upper edge of the device. The power button was moved from the upper end to the right one starting with the new models 6, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus. According to rumors, the 8 iPhone will also have the power key on the right side.
How do I completely restart my iPhone using the normal power-on option? Everything is simple and reliable. Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds, until the slider with the inscription Turn off appears, now we swipe, the phone turns off. After a couple of minutes, turning on the gadget, we get a cleared cache, most of the glitches will never again make themselves felt. The method works if the iOs is not frozen tightly, and all applications are working in normal mode. But there are situations when a frozen device does not respond to pressing hardware buttons, then a “hard reboot” will come to the rescue.
Reboot without lock button
Any equipment fails, not an exception expensive iPhones. Falling, mechanical damage to the case, these factors lead to damage to the device, due to which it becomes difficult to reboot. Most often, the hardware lock button, or power-on button, of the phone fails. Without it, it is impossible to turn on. turn off the phone and reboot the device, if required. But even without such a valuable part of the iPhone, it is quite possible to restart the device by software, although not everything is so simple.
Let’s see how to restart iPhone without the much needed lock screen button? There are four main ways.
How to restart iPhone when it is frozen so much that it does not respond to pressing the lock button? Then the so-called “hard reset” will come to the rescue of the user. With its help, it is really possible to restart the device in case of any software and hardware error. This method works on all Apple equipment, from phones to tablets of all models and configurations.
It is easy to reboot iphone 5 in hard reboot mode, simultaneously hold down the lock and “Home” keys, wait 10-15 seconds, the phone should go into reboot. If this does not happen, wait longer. In any case, this method will help, sometimes you just need to hold the buttons longer. The hard way will help if the sensor does not work, but it is unlikely to restore its performance if it is not a software glitch.
Video instructions on how to restart iPhone 5s if the regular restart does not work, but it freezes.
By resetting the wireless settings
- “Settings. General. Reset”.
- Select “Reset network settings”
- We agree to reboot.
It must be remembered that this method works, but it deletes all data about networks, resets all network settings, including passwords for wi-fi and VPN connections, so you need to be careful.