Find iPhone Via Icloud From Computer
The loss or theft of an iPhone is always a big problem, because the mobile contains a huge amount of personal information and all kinds of passwords, including from payment systems. In addition, in the presence of potentially defamatory information, the user may become a victim of blackmail, and the presence of work-related data in the device’s memory can lead to dismissal.
There are so many ways to find a lost iPhone. Both official and third-party. Let’s see which one is right for you.
Obvious forgotten actions
First of all, we will consider the standard measures that should be taken in case of the loss of the absolute of any phone, not only from Apple.
- Call on your mobile. If the device has fallen somewhere nearby or is at all at your place, but where you did not look for it, then thanks to the call you will be able to quickly find the phone. If he got lost on the street, then a passerby can pick him up, and the further development of events depends only on his moral qualities. However, most people make contact, either realizing that they will find the phone anyway, or guided by a banal desire to help. If you do not have a device from which you can make a call, then you can find services for online calls on the Internet.
- Replace the password in your accounts. If you cannot remotely lock the device because you did not activate this function earlier, we recommend that you change the passwords in all accounts that are logged in to the phone as soon as possible.
- If you are afraid of wasting money from your account, then you can visit your mobile operator’s mobile office and ask to block the SIM card. But this is a very controversial measure: on the one hand, blocking will allow you to avoid losing funds on your account, however, it will deprive you of the opportunity to contact the person who found the phone, and also disable Internet access, which will not allow you to find your smartphone through Find My Phone. If you resort to it, then only if information about new expenses appears in the operator’s Personal Area.
How to find iPhone from computer via iCloud. Use Find My Phone
If you activated this function in advance on the phone, then the search for the gadget will be much easier. It is better to turn on FMP immediately after buying a new iPhone, so that at a critical moment you do not remain without the main search tool.
Find My Phone is activated as follows:
- Go to Settings, select iCloud.
Now directly to how to find an iPhone from a computer through iCloud.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Login using your AppleID and password.
- From the menu, select the Find iPhone icon.
- A green dot will be visible on the map that opens, this is the location of your phone. If you have several gadgets from Apple, then when you click “All devices”, you can choose the one that was lost.
By clicking on the name of the device you need, you will get access to information about the battery level, and you can also use the three main functions of the smartphone:
- Play a sound. Used to search for a device in the immediate vicinity.
- Lost mode. Using this mode, you can set an additional password on the device and indicate your contact phone number so that a passer-by who finds the phone has the opportunity to contact you. In addition to the contact number, you can leave a message for the person who found the device. It can be your address, for example, or the amount of the reward. Together with the number they will be displayed on the screen of a locked phone. The loss mode is turned off in the same menu as it was turned on.
- Erase all data from iPhone. As the name implies, this function allows you to delete all information from the device’s memory. It is recommended to use it in cases where you have a backup of the system, or when the risks associated with obtaining information by cybercriminals are too great.
How to find iPhone if it is turned off
If the smartphone was turned off or simply discharged, it is not possible to track the current location of the phone, but iCloud remembers and shows on the map the last place where the iPhone is before disconnecting. But there are some limitations:
- Function support appeared with iOS 8 and above;
- It is available only on devices released after the iPhone 4.
In addition, this function must first be enabled in the settings:
- Go to Settings iCloud Find My iPhone.
- Switch the Send Last Location slider to the active state.
How to find iPhone through another iPhone
On iOS, there is a Find My Freinds mobile application, the main task of which is to help friends find each other, but in practice it copes quite well with the search for lost smartphones.
How to find an iPhone through another iPhone:
- Install the app.
- Log in.
- Click the Add icon (plus sign).
- Enter the requested information about your friend’s device.
- Expect permission from a friend (he must also have this application installed).
Thus, by installing this application, you can always find your device through another iPhone. So we recommend to worry about this in advance.
Find iPhone by IMEI
If the previous methods did not suit you, then there is another option. Search by IMEI (this is a unique identification number of each phone, consisting of fifteen characters). IMEI will allow you to find the device by GPS, even if data transfer or geolocation has been enabled.
IMEI can be found either from the documentation of the device, or by typing the USSD-command # 06 #. You need to contact the police with an IMEI number, but for a start it would be better to try using the service for finding lost gadgets. We recommend TrackerPlus or its analogues.
How to find iPhone by phone number
Determining the location of the device by phone number is a difficult task. Only the operator can do this, and when you contact the customer support service, you will most likely hear that the company does not have such technical capabilities, which is obvious cunning. But in any case, such information is disclosed solely at the request of law enforcement agencies, and it is practically impossible to personally obtain it.
IPhone Search Software
If the official methods of finding the device do not bring the desired result, you can try using third-party programs to search for the iPhone.
- IHound. This software not only periodically records information about the movements of the smartphone, but also has the function of sending the exact location of the device when it is connected to the computer. Thus, you can easily track the house of an unscrupulous person who has found the phone, or the address of the point where stolen phones are transported.
- ILocalis. The program has richer functionality, but JailBreak is required to install it. If you have one, then you can, for example, find out the number of a new SIM card installed in the phone, and much more.
Summing up, we say that the most effective way to search is the basic function of Find My Phone. It is necessary to activate it in a new gadget without fail, since neither contacting the police, nor trying to find out the necessary information from the operator, in our reality, unfortunately, usually does not give a result.